Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

darcyandcheria940f5e7 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:01:01 PM(UTC)
darcyandcheria940f5e7

Groups: Registered

I am new to Craft Room and am in a bit of limbo between it and my gypsy. I have the majority of my cartridges loaded on my gypsy but I had a few news ones that I linked to the craft room first - can I now load those cartridges onto my gypsy? I would like a way to have them all in one place.

I understand that at this point all the cartridges that I have loaded onto my gypsy cannot be linked to the craft room but I was told you could link them to the gypsy as long as you loaded them onto the craft room first? Is there truth to this??
AuntieKLE Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:15:51 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 125 post(s)
You just need to update your Gypsy with cricutsync and the carts you linked to CCR should show up on your Gypsy after the update.

Also, the Freebie (cut of the week) in CCR will show up on your Gypsy until the next time you update.

HTH
Cindy McVey Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:00:32 PM(UTC)
Cindy McVey

Will the reverse apply? In other words, with the update, can we now link cartridges into Craft room directly from the Gypsy?
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:59:29 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
Sorry, but the Gypsy to CCR link isn't working yet.

But good to see you on the MB again Cindy!
amywfoxd5022c32 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 8:48:56 PM(UTC)
amywfoxd5022c32

So can you still load your carts to CCR if they've been linked to your gypsy by doing it manually??
MThorfinns Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:44:36 PM(UTC)
MThorfinns

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amywfoxd5022c32 Go to Quoted Post
So can you still load your carts to CCR if they've been linked to your gypsy by doing it manually??

NoAngry
terig Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:59:19 AM(UTC)
terig

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have to agree. I have been a longtime Cricut owner (two machines, design studio software, gypsy, etc. 90+ cartridges). How much longer before we can use Craftroom like the others owners who never put their cartridges on the gypsy?Crying

It has made me lose interest in using my Cricut machine and gypsy.

Teri in San Jose
TammyPuckett Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:27:12 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 362 time(s) in 214 post(s)
So tired of hearing "COMING SOON" on this issue! It's crazy that we can't link carts that are on the G to the CCR!
ScrappinNanaK Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:58:05 AM(UTC)
ScrappinNanaK

Was thanked: 412 time(s) in 201 post(s)
I have to agree on the "Coming Soon" Now when I buy carts i link them to CCR. Then sync my gypsy with cricut sync, This way I don't have to insert the carts all the time.
ScrappinNanaK Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:00:46 PM(UTC)
ScrappinNanaK

Was thanked: 412 time(s) in 201 post(s)
Originally Posted by: soarineagle_98 Go to Quoted Post
I have to agree on the "Coming Soon" Now when I buy carts i link them to CCR. Then sync my gypsy with cricut sync, This way I don't have to insert the carts all the time.

(This is what I recently received from PC support)

At this time those cartridges that are linked to the Gypsy cannot be linked to the Craft Room. We will soon announce how you will be able to transfer all the cartridges that are linked to your Gypsy to your Cricut.com account in one simple action or linking the digital cartridges to your Gypsy.
cindyquick16814c5f849 Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:50:34 PM(UTC)
cindyquick16814c5f849

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I need to link my cart also; however my GYPSY will not work anymore and I don't want to buy a new one with the Craft Room available. My frustration is that I can not link my cartridges to my Craft Room because they are linked to my GYPSY. I have had the machines since they first came out and am anxious to get creating again....Please let me know as soon as possible how I can link. Huh Help will be greatly appreciated.
 1 user thanked cindyquick16814c5f849 for this useful post.
marche99 on 11/2/2014(UTC)
NH_Cricut Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:54:27 PM(UTC)
NH_Cricut

I'm anxious to hear this too.
samanthaRyan Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:41:27 AM(UTC)
samanthaRyan

I am sooooo frustrated as well.... My gypsy died 6 months ago and I have been told "coming soon" for sooooo long!!! I cannot get to my cartridges because my Gypsy is dead and so have to carry all my cartridges around because I cannot link them to Cricut Craft room.... I wish this would be addressed!!!
 1 user thanked samanthaRyan for this useful post.
ilove2crop Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:42:22 AM(UTC)
ilove2crop

Like 'Teri in San Jose' I have lost interest in using CCR & my Expression due to the lack of action by Provo Craft on fixing this problem. My Gypsy died a year ago & Provo Craft keeps promising a fix to link our Gypsy-linked cartridges to CCR, but they still have not actually done it! It's so frustrating to have cartridges I love (like Gypsy Font & Wanderings)that I cannot access at all. I am ready to be done with the whole mess & go buy a Silhouette.
 1 user thanked ilove2crop for this useful post.
Sleigh Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:31:45 AM(UTC)
Sleigh

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 58 post(s)
The real question (aside from the obvious, all the money we have spent) why are we still holding out hope and wasting our money on this company. Personally, I'm done. I will never buy another ANYTHING from Provo Craft.
 1 user thanked Sleigh for this useful post.
kraftykathy on 8/11/2013(UTC)
DaniseCMiller205d59dc Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 11:42:32 PM(UTC)
DaniseCMiller205d59dc

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Blushing Can someone please let me know when I can take my Gypsy and upload it from the Gypsy to the craft room? I have all of these cartridges on my cricut and I can't use them with this new technology. I would rather just hook up my cable and have everything loaded from my gypsy back to the craftroom to make my life easier. HELP!~
Narelle Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 11:47:17 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DaniseCMiller205d59dc Go to Quoted Post
Blushing Can someone please let me know when I can take my Gypsy and upload it from the Gypsy to the craft room? I have all of these cartridges on my cricut and I can't use them with this new technology. I would rather just hook up my cable and have everything loaded from my gypsy back to the craftroom to make my life easier. HELP!~

http://www.cricut.com/forum/cri...-you-re-looking-for.aspx
JannyLee Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 11:21:39 AM(UTC)
JannyLee

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I just sent a note to support about this then found this discussion. Why can't they somehow key in your gypsy serial number into your account and then maybe CCR will accept them. THIS IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS (SP?). I was actually going to take the time to manually load all my (over 150 carts)just to find out it can't be done! And I know so many of you out there have so many more than me. Provo Craft lets get moving. I have also hear rumors that the Gypsy is going away. Any truth to that?

JannyLee AngryMad
 1 user thanked JannyLee for this useful post.
kimballew432a7083 Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:01:34 AM(UTC)
kimballew432a7083

I have directly contacted the folks at Cricut multiple times about the ability to link the cartridges on my Gypsy to Craftroom. I have gotten the same "form letter" type of response.... soon.... Personally for me, this has been going on for over a year and I am fed up with the "coming soon" response. In my opinion, over a year is not soon. Over a year is.. "yeah, whatever".
Provo Craft is too big to give a hoot about what we want or need. People keep buying their products so they don't need to keep their existing market happy.
I come back here about once a month to see if there are any updates to the "coming soon" and that is it. I refuse to keep investing my money in this company.
booksavef0ff5f01 Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:34:38 AM(UTC)
booksavef0ff5f01

Hello everybody! ME TOO! My Gypsy died I think it's the battery won't re-charge and therefore even if there was technology to load my cartridges from Gypsy on to CCR I am unable. To repair my Gypsy, as I live in France I have to send it to America but they will not post out of USA so I have to have it sent to my sister in USA who then sends it to me. Does this company even like their customers? Products that are not reliable and immense difficulty in combining products or getting them repaired. I have just bought a 'Big Shot' and lot's of dies.
thestreffsbf078d55 Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 6:31:54 AM(UTC)
thestreffsbf078d55

I have the original Cricut and the Expression and over 60 cartridges. I was planning to buy the expression 2 to give my daughter because she is moving to Hawaii for a year and a half. She would take our gypsy with her and be able to use all our cartridges during that time. BUT, after doing some shopping investigation, I am starting to think that just buying the silhouette is looking like a better idea. I am SO VERY frustrated that I cannot use the craft room (with out inserting cartridges)because all my cartridges are linked to my gypsy! I have stuck so much money into Cricut purchases and t just does not seem like the company is doing much to make it easier for the consumer. Everyone I know is switching over to the silhouette, but I have always been true to the Cricut. I am so frustrated and can't decide if I still should stick $300 into another machine and still have the same problemsMad . Any suggestions for me???
scrapalette Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 6:57:11 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thestreffsbf078d55 Go to Quoted Post
I have the original Cricut and the Expression and over 60 cartridges. I was planning to buy the expression 2 to give my daughter because she is moving to Hawaii for a year and a half. She would take our gypsy with her and be able to use all our cartridges during that time. BUT, after doing some shopping investigation, I am starting to think that just buying the silhouette is looking like a better idea. I am SO VERY frustrated that I cannot use the craft room (with out inserting cartridges)because all my cartridges are linked to my gypsy! I have stuck so much money into Cricut purchases and t just does not seem like the company is doing much to make it easier for the consumer. Everyone I know is switching over to the silhouette, but I have always been true to the Cricut. I am so frustrated and can't decide if I still should stick $300 into another machine and still have the same problemsMad . Any suggestions for me???

This thread is old. The Gypsy link for CCR has been available for quite some time now.

http://www.cricut.com/fo...52815_GYPSY-LINKING.aspx

Edited by user Monday, August 05, 2013 6:58:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
krafty kate on 8/7/2013(UTC)
thestreffsbf078d55 Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 5:57:46 AM(UTC)
thestreffsbf078d55

Thank you!