Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cmphillips314ca67a Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:48:54 PM(UTC)
cmphillips314ca67a

Groups: Registered

My personal works on my old computer, Windows XP, but not on my new computer with Windows 7. I have updated everything, disabled virus protection, changed the compatablity, worked on this for hours. Called customer service. They can't help. I'm getting all the way to cut the cutting mode, it will work once, maybe twice very slowly, then the buttons on screen don't work anymore. Any help? I need this for my job so this is extremely frustrating. TIA ! :-)
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:54:10 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmphillips314ca67a Go to Quoted Post
My personal works on my old computer, Windows XP, but not on my new computer with Windows 7. I have updated everything, disabled virus protection, changed the compatablity, worked on this for hours. Called customer service. They can't help. I'm getting all the way to cut the cutting mode, it will work once, maybe twice very slowly, then the buttons on screen don't work anymore. Any help? I need this for my job so this is extremely frustrating. TIA ! :-)

Trying to post this for the zillionth time today. Fingers crossed it works this time...

I know you said you updated everything. Does that include the firmware on the personal?? It should be 1.45.

Although why it works on your old computer and not your new one makes me think it is actually your anti-virus software even though you've disabled it. Which one are you using?
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:55:22 AM(UTC)
cmphillips314ca67a

Thank you, Narelle. Yes, my firmware is updated to 1.45. After reading your suggestion, I completely uninstalled Avast, searched for stray bits of it, rebooted but am still having the same problems. Could it be something to with Windows 7 64bit? It has to be software related. I very much appreciate your efforts in posting!! Thank you! (Avast is the antivirus software)

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:56:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:44:21 PM(UTC)
cmphillips314ca67a

In addition to that, often, the device (the personal) is not recognized until I switch USB ports twice. Then sometimes it cuts, sometimes not. But it eventually locks up and won't work at some point in the process. For instance, just now I got two items cut, but then it stopped when I loaded the 3rd. There are also extremely long pauses between clicking on a button and then the action happening. The crash happens at a different point each time. thank you again!
vickimorey2f27f429 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:15:11 PM(UTC)
vickimorey2f27f429

I have the same problem. I am also using Window's 7.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:11:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8268 time(s) in 4870 post(s)
I and many others use WINDOWS 7; 64-Bit with no problems with CCR.

Wish we knew how to help you all more. I always go back to my basics when things aren't going right (not in CCR because I honestly don't have trouble with CCR, but with other hardware)....unplug the USB connection, shudtown the computer (actually unplug it from the wall and replug it in and/or turn off the power strip for fifteen or twenty seconds).

Plug the USB cord back into the hard drive and RESTART the computer. I like to turn on the CRICUT before I restart, too. This way, the computer might recognize something that has failed to recognize at times when we make changes in our computers and don't restart them.

Sometimes, things just need to recalibrate.

I wish we would know if this EVER helps anyone. I have to think it does from time-to-time.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:12:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified