Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

azflower6bbf3367 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 10:43:29 AM(UTC)
azflower6bbf3367

Groups: Registered

Hi

I'm a new Cricut Expressions 2 owner and have just purchased 2 digital design sets. I want to know if it is possible to have them stored in the memory on the machine rather than only being able to access and use them when signed into the Craft Room via the Design Studio software. I would like to be able to work directly from the machine if possible. Thanks in advance for any information.

LindaHuh
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 10:46:53 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Design Studio will not take the digital images. PC would be wise to revamp that program to allow that & get rid of CCR. I prefer to use DS over CCR!
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 10:55:11 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
DS won't work with the newer Cricut models {Imagine, E2, Mini}. The technology is different. Sorta like how a PS2 won't play PS3 games.
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 2:13:17 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: azflower6bbf3367 Go to Quoted Post
Hi

I'm a new Cricut Expressions 2 owner and have just purchased 2 digital design sets. I want to know if it is possible to have them stored in the memory on the machine rather than only being able to access and use them when signed into the Craft Room via the Design Studio software. I would like to be able to work directly from the machine if possible. Thanks in advance for any information.

LindaHuh

Hello Linda- You can not load digital cartridges into the Expression 2 and store them. The digital cartridges are exclusive to the Cricut Craft Room program and can be accessed through that program. I hope that this answers your questions! Happy Crafting!
-Cricut Gena
azflower6bbf3367 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 6:25:34 PM(UTC)
azflower6bbf3367

Gina (and others :))

I guess you have answered my question but I didn't like the answer(s) [Sad ] I think if we purchase digital designs we should be able to "keep" a copy on a local machine - either the Cricut machine or computer and we should also be given Cricut rewards! We've paid our money just the same as if we'd purchased a cartridge. Not a very happy new owner here[ThumbDown ]

Linda
LisaDarras Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:32:05 PM(UTC)
LisaDarras

I wish we could also upload to the actual Cricut machine. There are so many cartridges I wish I had bought before they went out of stock and now can only get digitally. It would have made it so much simpler!
GypsyBoricua Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:19:48 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
When you buy digital, you are only renting the cartridge, not actually purchasing them. That's why digital for me is a no-no. You cannot re-sell the digital cartridge and if PC goes bye-bye, you lose because you don't have the physical cart. So if you bought a machine and only bought digital cartridges and PC goes under, you cannot use your machine unless you buy physical carts.