Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5859606162>»
imnchghere Offline
#1771 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:44:18 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. It is dreary and wet here, so I am not sure we will get outside. I do have a plant in the garage I want to get out. Just so it can get some rain and natural light. The temps will me mild for the next week, so it will be ok outside. It is my basil plant.

Rhonda, I hope you area able to get the paperwork done or close to. I am guessing you are ready for closure on the old job. The flu has been bad here also. Jim has his regular Dr appt this morning and I am sure they will be packed. Sorry for Amber's dance being postponed, but Feb is not to far away. Enjoy your hairapy.

I am trying to do some society printing while Jim is not here. Only one can be in the *office* at a time and while I can print remotely from anywhere in the house, I have to keep running up and down the stairs to get the copies and make sure they are ok. The exercise is nice though.

A tea group I belong to is doing a birthday card list, so I would like to make some tea themed birthday cards to have on hand to send. I have some tea themed stamps and I would like to have at least a couple made up and ready to go. Not sure when any of the birthdays might be. Those might be what I work on at my friend's on Monday. If I get the images stamped I could work on the coloring. We will see.

I am also going to be packing up the teapots today, so Jim can take the shelves down and we can move the hutch before Monday. We also need to make a spot in the garage for the old table/chairs until we can get them to Kristen.

And that is my weekend... what is everyone else up to?

Flee57 Offline
#1772 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:29:18 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon everyone!

Well, I've been stressed out the last couple days. My Dad decided to get into his car and head to MI from NH because him and my Stepmom got into a fight. He drove through the night. He's 76, can barely walk, did not pack a bag and did not have his meds. Long story short, I am driving him home Tues morning and then flying home Wed morning. My car will be in MI but I can't fly into Detroit. Flying into Indy, D will have to pick me up. My Sister is driving my car to Ft Wayne next Sat and D and I are driving up to Ft Wayne on sunday to get the car. I am going to be a tired one this week LOL So if you don't see me here, it's because I'm driving or flying LOL

It's kind of gloomy here but not raining and it's 65* I love it!

Zumba class was great today! I signed up my 6th member of the year!

today I am going to work on some more kitchen organization and playing with paper!

Happy Saturday everyone!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1773 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:51:05 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Happy Saturday!

Laurie sorry about the dad issue. It's so hard when they get older. Relax and get some rest while you can.

Pat it is nice here and everyone in the neighborhood is out walking. We were supposed to get a lot of rain but so far so good. Time to get the lights off the house I think. Sounds like you have a good plan for this weekend. I like the birthday card idea.

Rhonda avoid that flu. It sounds horrible. Maybe you can find closure with your old job soon.

Well I just booked a flight to Florida. I need the sunshine and warmth. I have my left arm wrapped and can't do much. Unfortunately I have been sleeping on it and now the lymphedema is running rampant. Yuck! Well I may go and make my first cuts with my Silhouette. I have been playing with the software mostly and finally have something to cut.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1774 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:57:14 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

I made my cuts with the Cameo. It sings! Depending on the type of cut, straight or sideways or intricate, she has a different pitch. It sounds like a song. There is a bit of a learning curve with the settings to cut paper. A lot like the Cricut. I still love my bug. It is just nice to be able to download fonts, digital stamps and clip art for free and be able to cut it. To buy the designs is more expensive than the carts. They are $0.99 each. So for a $39 cartridge, you would only get 39 total designs, which is about the same amount you use on any given cartridge anyway. They do have a subscription service that when you pay $9.95 every month for twelve months, you get $25 worth of designs, for $15.99, you get $50 and for 19.99, $150 worth of designs. So it is much cheaper to do it that way. PC should do this with digital designs.

Well Jim cooked or should I say smoked dinner tonight. Salmon and Ribs on the grill and even brought me flowers when he went to the store. Wow!

rm920 Offline
#1775 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:59:18 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all..

It was funny to read about your warmer temps everyone! We are at 14* and had snow/sleet mix late yesterday afternoon. Enjoy it while you can.

I got a good amount of work done at old job yesterday. Still a bit to do, but winding down. Then I spent the rest of the day working on paperwork here. I got what I needed done as well. I also had hairapy yesterday - that was way overdue! So all in all a good day.

Last night I went through last years photos and selected the ones I wanted for my desk calendar. Just need to print them so I can get my desk calendar up to date. I really enjoy having this one on my desk. It is the one I made starting with 2011, I just make new pages for the new year.

Today, I get to work at craft desk. Want to get several cards made and maybe even work on some layouts. Hope the creativity flow is here.

Carrie, the salmon from the grill had my mouth watering. And flowers...WOW. Glad things seem to be going much better there. I hope you enjoy your trip to Florida. I keep ready about the cameo and silhouette, making me want one or the other, but I put myself on a ban from purchasing scrapbook supplies/equipment, until I make good use of what I have firstSmile

Laurie, you will be busy traveling for a few days. Glad you dad made it safely to MI. Stay safe in your travels.

Pat, did you get your teapots packed up. I know you will be so pleased when all is done and your new furniture is in place! Hope the printing is all finished, but like you said that does make for some great exercise...so if it has to be done, look at the positive!

OK, I am going to have another cup of coffee and then head to my craft desk.
imnchghere Offline
#1776 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:23:57 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning ... We have dense fog here, but it is supposed to be sunny this afternoon and mild again. Plan is to get into the yard and try to get the leaves up.

Yesterday I took care of society paperwork. This is the time of the year when renewals come in, so the data base has to be updated and receipts and thank you notes sent. Usually they are spread out, but I got 8 in a 2 day period. Anyway, that is caught up and I have a break with no mail today. I also got the teapots down and packed up. Jim took the shelves down also. I guess one could say "the walls have been decluttered". The hutch will be moved temporarily to one of the walls and hopefully the new table will work in the open space. Eventually the dividing walls will be gone (not any time really soon) and then the table will be fine. The hutch will be where new cabinets will be installed if we every get this re-model started.

Rhonda, you had a productive day yesterday and now you can play today.
I want to stamp some images and maybe work on coloring them at my friend's tomorrow. Otherwise I will work on picking pictures for layouts to work on at the 3 day crop in March. I have one digital image that is a stack of tea cups that I want to resize, but I am having problems. I will see if Jim can help me. Thinking it is probably something simple I am missing.

Carrie, I am with Rhonda on the drooling over the smoked/grilled salmon. And how sweet of Jim to get you flowers. I have several friends who have the other machines and really enjoy them. I am not doing any purchasing these days, except for adhesives and right now I have plenty of those to last a while.
Time to get busy here. Have a good day everyone.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1777 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:10:15 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello ladies!

I thought I posted yesterday but don't see it. hmmm...I came in and read and thought of posting... Yesterday I had a nasty sinus headache, didn't accomplish anything. We did go to church last night and I went to a friends and watched Miss America with her daughter and her. My picks ended up third runner up and first runner up.

Decided against hauling the entertainment center to the cottage. I though about the fact it would cost about $50 in gas so we should make the trip count, not just a up and back trip. So now I have to look at this thing in the living room until we plan a trip north. Oh well, it could be worse, I could have no furniture...

Pat, you have done well clearing and packing! Nothing like the motivation of new things coming!! You must be excited to get the new outfit!!

We did well last weekend with moving the bedroom furniture. I was hoping to keep the momentum going but we watched two Lord of the Rings movies friday thinking we would work hard saturday and I did nothing yesterday. ugh!

Rhonda, glad things are almost wrapped up at the old place. How good it must feel when you think about the fact that it is almost done but you have a job.

OK, I was typing this and got distracted so I am just going to post it and be back later.. :)
Lizzy Offline
#1778 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:48:45 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good Sunday, friends. It is good to hear from everyone. Laurie, I feel for you driving to NH with your dad, then flying back to Indy, then having to drive up to Ft. Wayne the next weekend. That's a lot of traveling. I'm sure everyone in your family appreciates yours and Dion's efforts, though.

I have been working very hard at work...although the harder I work the more behinder I get. I have to work on that one! Of course some of the problem is the interruptions and some of the problem is my planning or lack thereof!

Also, when I get home, I have absolutely NO INTEREST in doing one whit of work! I am way behind in my grading papers or doing anything else related to work. I need to make every second I am at work count because once I leave....

I have a huge stack of grading and checking in of paperwork...so I have to get that done, either here or at work.

Otherwise, I've not done too much anywhere. Yesterday, I caught up on my sleep, so that was worthwhile. Today, I've been a lump of nothing...just surfing the web and watching various things on TV.

Our weather is very cold...an oddity for our climate...but I'm totally loving it!

Carrie, sorry for the lymophodema. I hope your trip to Florida does whatever it is supposed to do!! And your dinner and flowers sounds lovely!

Pat, you are making great progress on all of your projects.

Rhonda, enjoy your new hairdo and congrats on making progress at the old job. In no time, you will be done.

I'm sure Nancy is busy with Riley's return and all of her youngsters!

I like your attitude, Paula, about having the big piece of furniture is better than none at all...but I also understand wanting to get it out of there. Hang in there, pretty soon you will get it out of there!

I am going to sign off and get moving with something productive!

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:50:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rm920 Offline
#1779 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:18:06 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good evening friends...

Well I have spent the entire day in my craft room. I got a few cards made. And I got all 12 pages of my desk calendar finished. I am so glad to have that completed as I look at it all the time when I am at my work desk. I also got all the laundry done. So a good day. I think it is time to stop and find something to eat.

I also spent time watching out the back window. I had 10 deer out there for quite a while, and then later more (don't know if they were the same ones or different) I enjoy watching them.

Lizzy, getting caught up on sleep is important, so you have done something this weekend. This is your first week back, so you just need to get back into the routine. You can do it!

Paula, I think it is a good plan to wait to go north until there is more to be done. With the price of fuel these days, making every trip count is important.

Hope everyone is enjoying the rest of their weekend.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1780 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:49:55 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning.

Rhonda that's awesome that you got a whole day in the craft room and got your calendar done. Aren't the deer beautiful! I feel sorry for them this time of year.

Lizzy I could grade your papers. I used to do it for my mom. My trip to Florida is just to see the family and get in some good quality sunshine.

Paula I thought the first runner up was a much better choice than who won. I just wasn't impressed with her at all. Oh, well, we aren't the judges. LOL Good call on not going to the cottage. Maybe you'll get a n ice weekend soon that you'll need a get away.

Pat I didn't realized you were going to go ahead with the remodel. It makes sense to do. Have you taken before pictures? Have you had a hard time finding anything yet? We keep losing things and some we find later and some well....

Well time to get ready for Zumba. Jim says I should lay off until my arm gets better but I haven't been able to do much for a month now. So I will wear my compression sleeve and go.

Then off for a few errands and then home to do some more decluttering. I am going into the playroom so if you don't hear from me again, you may want to organize a search party.

Have a good day!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1781 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 1:35:59 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies,

Monday house ran a bit long today. She had me wipe down some blinds. I really dislike blinds. Glare
I am trying to set up dinner out. Cathy, (decorator, costco, friend) is having surgery Thursday and since I had to cancel lunch last friday and I don't have any lunch time available I am trying for dinner.

Carrie, how was zumba? I agree with your DH, it is kind of soon to be doing that. I am guessing that you are taking it easy in class.?
Did you make it to the playroom? I can imagine that is going to be a big job. Having three kids and that big space you have for them...I bet there is a lot to sort through and organize. Maybe you should tie a rope around your waist before you enter. hehe

Pat, I hope you are having a nice day at your friends. :)

Rhonda, what a nice day you had crafting!! :) We haven't seen the deer here lately, they are hard to spot on the hill this time of year when there in no snow. We did get a dusting last night finally. It was almost 60* here Saturday.

imnchghere Offline
#1782 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:43:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. wet and dreary here. I am ready for some sunshine, which should be here on Thursday if we are lucky.
Yesterday at my friend's was fun. Not very productive, but I didn't have high expectations. I cleaned some pictures off my laptop and that was about it. I have a handful of Valentine cards I should have worked on instead. I would like to get them into the box going out this week and not have to store theme for a year.

Paula, I dislike blinds also. I especially don't like cleaning them, which is why I don't have any. LOL I need to come up with new window treatments for the living room and dining are, but am clueless what I am going to do. Eventually the window in the dining room will become a door onto a deck, so there is no rush. Sorry about the entertainment center being stuck at the house for a while. I guess there is a place for it at the cottage??

Hutch is emptied out and today will be partially spent on the dining room. I think I can move the hutch to the other wall by myself, so that is my project today along with getting it refilled. Carrie, the plan is hopefully to go ahead with the remodel. We may have to do some of it in stages and we might have to do some things ourselves (not Jim's first choice.

I printed a picture over the weekend of my sil and Kristen's boyfriend, taken Thanksgiving. SIL is a die hard Cowboy's fan and Brian is a Redskins fan. They are wearing team jerseys. I want to do a page for the family album, but need a title. Anyone have any ideas? Those teams played on Thanksgiving.

Rhonda, wtg on the craft time Sunday. You were very productive. I need to do birthday cards for two of my grands. One is this month (the 21st) and one is next month (the 15th). I am not sure what I will do for either one. Could probably do just as well with a commercial card.

Hope everyone has a good day.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1783 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:47:05 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Ok Pat I can never resist a challenge like this. LOL

Turkey Trouble
The Thanksgiving Challenge
Gridiron Turkey Trouble
Eating Crow(slash) Turkey
Family Football Fever
Offense or Defense
The Whole Nine Yards
Penalty!
3 minute warning
Cowboys, Redskins, and Pumpkin Pie, Oh my!

Well I had hairapy today with a new girl. I hated to leave my old girl but my hair was dull and looked like straw. She pregnant and has the prego brain to go with it so I thought since she is taking the next 2 months off soon, I would switch now and see. My hair looks and feels a whole lot better.

Then I joined the 2013 Organize group, it's 2011 Organize on FB, and did their webinar this afternoon. I can't say that her organization tips are going to work for me. But I am trying. She says you should arrange everything by color that way your brain doesn't have to think of where things are. I decided to try putting paper collections into ziplock bags. We'll see.

My arm is feeling better today. I have worn compression for 4 days straight and I finally think I may have complete relief. It's been 9 years since I have had a problem with it. So no more Zumba until next weekend Paula. BigGrin I love my wood blinds. I vacuum them and that's about it.

Well I am going to do some cuts before NCIS comes on. Have a good one.
rm920 Offline
#1784 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:51:40 PM(UTC)
rm920

Pat, you will have a new room before you know it. Hope you can find someone to do the work as I know Jim would feel better that way. And it wouldn't be as stressful!

Carrie, I love some of the titles you came up with! I will have to call on you when I need a title. Glad you are finally getting relief and that compression is helping. Yea! on getting some help with the hair.

Not much going on here. I have been going through photos, trying to get packages for layouts. If I have the kits ready, then I am more productive when I sit down to work on layouts. I would love to find an organization system that works and isn't so hard to keep up. Carrie, if you find the system works or any other great tips, hope you will share!

imnchghere Offline
#1785 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:34:02 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. another wet and dreary day here and a 50% chance of snow tomorrow. It was supposed to be sunny tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't mess up the furniture delivey.

Carrie thanks for the title thoughts. Jim & I both liked the last one. We were supposed to have a pumpkin pie, but didn't, so I am going to add the word no and put a ? at the end. I will be sure to share the finished page in March. I hope taking a week off from Zumba gives you additional relief.

Rhonda, we have a contractor for the remodel and he does allow hands on from the customer. It is just a matter of what we are able to do. I also know we are looking at months down the road just getting things ordered/delivered. Lots of measuring needs to be done. We also need to make arrangements for the gas line to be put in.

I have some little odds and ends to take care of today and then I am going to continue sorting through the pictures on my laptop and deleting the ones I don't need to keep. I might start printing a few for layouts to work on in March.

Hope everyone has a good day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1786 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:38:05 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

I couldn't get on her this morning. Just now I got on and when I logged in it wouldn't let me back. But now I am here. Strange. Maybe that is why Pat is the only one that has checked in today.??

Spent the day with Cathy, ran around to a couple of appointments, had lunch and picked up some groceries. Then Serina came by to pick up some clothes and things a couple of people have given me to pass on. We chatted and I caught up on her life.

Pat, it's cold here now but still no snow. They are saying maybe an inch tonight, we will see.
imnchghere Offline
#1787 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:53:47 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. Paula, this morning I had trouble logging in, but I eventually got in. I was able to post for cfs during the day. This evening I had error pages, but eventually logged in.

Our forecast has changed 3 times today and the most recent one has pushed it even further south. We may see only a trace in our area compared to the 2-4" forecast at dinner. Fine by me and there shouldn't be a problem with the delivery now.

Worked today on the last few cfs. I am ready to put that to bed. I need to get busy on the page kits for March. First I need to sort through the iris boxes of pattern papers. Since most of the pages I will be working on are Christmas, I will go through those boxes first. Out will go the scraps to small for cards. I need to get back to the purging, sorting and de-cluttering.

Well, I am going to call it a night. Still have a few things to move out of the way in the morning, but Jim is working from home, so he will take care of them.
rm920 Offline
#1788 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:57:49 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

I tried to get on yesterday morning and evening and could not get on. Last night I was able to see the posts but could not log in to make a post. Glad to hear others were having trouble and it wasn't just me.

Laurie, glad you made all the traveling agendas safely. I'll bet you are tired.

Pat, when is your new furniture being delivered? I know you are getting excited to see how it will change the appearance of the room.

Paula, sounds like you had a fun day with Cathy and then Serina.

Lizzy, how is the class going this week?

Nancy, hope you find time to stop in for a few minutes. Have you started your new class yet?

Carrie - how is the mastering of the Cameo coming along?

Nothing exciting here. I was back to paperwork last night. More of it tonight. This is a busy time of year as tax paperwork is beginning. So far all is going smoothly.

Have a great day.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1789 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:37:41 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good afternoon. I tried to get on yesterday and then again early this morning and no such luck.

Last night I had Jim check my incision because it was hurting me. He checked it all over then looked at me and went into the other room to make a phone call. I knew right then it wasn't good. So I ended up at the doctors this morning and they have me on massive antibiotics and muscle relaxants. There are 3 possibilities here and none of them good; either I have fluid built up and the incision opened up to let it drain, or I have an infection and it needs to drain or my body is rejecting the implant because of the radiation. But I have a small opening in the incision and it's draining and thus the reason my arm is giving me issues. Shoot, shoot, shoot! Now it looks like Florida is going to have to wait? Why did I think after 10 years I needed reconstruction?

Rhonda glad you liked the titles. I would do titles for anyone anytime. It is fun to brainstorm. Keep plugging away at the paper work. Hopefully it will be over with soon.

Pat did you get your furniture yet? Hope the delivery goes smoothly. Seems like you continue to purge, I wonder if you have anything left. Picking paper is the most fun.

Paula we have no snow here either. Sounds like you had a busy day with Cathy.

Well I have to run back to the grocery store. Jenna's memorial party is tonight and I am making a light desert. One of my favorites because it's not too sweet and lemony.

Have a wonderful day.
Nancycs Offline
#1790 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:31:30 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Just wanted to let every one know all is well here. Just very busy.

I don't have time to catch up today though. I read a little but the little ones are waking up now!

Carrie sorry about your arm. I hope the antibiotics take care of the problem.

Riley had a great trip and there are so many pictures to look through I don't know where to start!

Have a great evening!

imnchghere Offline
#1791 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:12:07 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening... the mb gave me fits again this morning and because I had things to do before the furniture came I didn't have time to mess with it.
Furniture came at noon and while it is not all where it will be it appears it will be a good fit. It also doesn't look so great with the current wall colors. But obviously painting will be one of the last things we do, remodel or not. But I can live with it for now. It might even grow on me. On the positive side, the table size is good and once the room is opened up (walls removed) it will be perfect. I love how the leaf folds up inside.

Carrie, I am sorry about the incision, but at least Jim caught the problem and you are being treated. And sounds like you are happy with your new hair stylist. Mine is in a rut and this last cut was too short. Previous one was perfect. Oh well, it is only hair. She has been doing my hair for umpteen yrs.

Nancy, glad that Riley is home safe and sound. He will probably be sharing stories for days, even weeks.

Rhonda, oh the joys of tax season.

Well, we ended up getting NO snow from the storm. Further south they are getting hit much harder. But the storm didn't gather as much moisture as they thought it would. However it is going to get kick behind cold next week.
This weekend we have to go to Gettysburg to check into a hotel and a room for our spring meeting in April. It is going to be sunny, but cold, so hopefully a decent trip.
Hope all is going well for Lizzy and Laurie.
Lizzy Offline
#1792 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:07:51 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...this has been a totally exhausting week and next week will be the same! We are working at breakneck speed to cover all there is to cover before our midyear tests and I know we still won't get it all done. Yesterday, we took all of the 4th graders down to the Mission in San Juan Capistrano. I got to school at 7:15 and left around 5:00. I went to bed around 7:30 pm. What a day!!

Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday and then we have a three-day weekend. My only plan is to see my therapist on Monday, but it will be a very grueling session. There are loose ends to take care of before I stop seeing her...of course they are things I have avoided talking about because they are not pleasant.

I have my stack of grading I've avoided that I will try to get through and there's the bonus room to conquer. There's laundry to do and bills to pay. I guess there won't be any fear of me getting bored, will there?

Next week at school, we have our royal visit when the brass comes in about Math. We have a staff meeting on Tuesday and we are supposed to take a poster to the meeting depicting what we are teaching on Thursday. My goodness...what is the purpose of that? Do they want to make sure our posters are correct? Or that we are teaching something of which they approve? I guess I'll be making my poster this weekend, too! LOL

Well, I will stop griping. I'm tired, so I guess I should head to bed here! Everyone take care...I'll talk to you later.

rm920 Offline
#1793 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 6:03:13 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Lizzy, sorry the week has been so exhausting. Hope the session Monday is a good one. We do need to talk about unpleasant things to help us deal with them and put them behind us. {{{HUGS}}} Have a very nice weekend.

Carrie, sorry to hear about the incision problem. Glad Jim was knowledgeable to get you the treatment you need. Sorry it means you will not be going to Florida, but best to take care of this now. At least it didn't start when you were in FL!

Pat, glad you are liking the furniture. Have a safe trip to Gettysburg this weekend.

Nancy, glad you stopped in. I'll bet Riley has some awesome stories to tell and exciting pictures.

Paula and Laurie, what are you up to?

Tonight is dinner with friends. Can't wait. Today at work will be meetings most of the day. They can be so exhausting.

Will check in tonight!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1794 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 6:40:16 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Cathy did well yesterday. They were able to do the surgery laprascopicly (sp!) which really surprised us (she has had two c-sections). So we are doing the happy dance!! Well, I am, she is in her mind, haha.

This morning I am trying to run out the door to hold babies. The mom is helping at school this morning (her 2 year old is going to a montessori school). Her mom was supposed to be here yesterday for 6 days but is coming today instead. She had this planned so she is going with it and the dad is in charge so I will go help with the 9 oclock feeding. BBL
Lizzy Offline
#1795 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:01:12 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends! Finally, it's Friday and it didn't arrive a moment too soon!! I woke up about an hour early today, so I went ahead into work and got some bulletin boards worked on. We have the Royal Math Visit this week so I wanted to have my boards looking good.

It was a good day until late this afternoon. I went to a bridal shower for another teacher at our school. While there, a different teacher who had offended me about 1.5 years ago, who had also been drinking adult beverages at the shower, apologized for offending me when she did. I accepted her apology and then she proceeded to tell me how I had unjustly accused her of something and how she did NOT do what I accused her of doing. In retrospect, I should have told her the shower was not the time nor place to discuss the disagreement; instead, I told her that I was sorry she felt the way she did, but that we would have to simply disagree about the situation that had occurred. I told her that what offended me was that she had lied to me and that once someone lied to me, it was very hard for me to trust them again. She kept interrupting me and then changed the focus of the conversation slightly. She began to cry and then a mutual friend came up and asked why she was crying. She then said, "I'm being accused of something I didn't do." I then simply walked away. I left the room, spoke with another friend, said my goodbyes, and left. I do not have the time nor patience for drunk self-centered hysterics. I'm sorry about the controversy this will cause for me/us at work because she will not let this go. She needs to accept what she did and give up the fact that she trashed me in the lounge in front of other people. All I asked her to do was in the future to come to me. She denied talking about me. All she would have had to do was say she was sorry, never do it again, and come to me if she had a problem. But no....she is clinging like a dying monkey to a clump of bananas to her position of "I am a Christian, I would never say anything mean about anyone." Really!

I know Christians, Jews, Muslims, and Atheists who would never say anything ugly or rude about others and I know the same religious folks who would. It has more to do with the moral fiber of each individual person than the religion they profess to practice. Of course, the religion they practice is often reflected in their daily behaviors...but not always. You have heard of the "Sunday Christian, haven't you?"

Well, anyway, I sure hope this chick can leave this out of the workplace! Otherwise, I think there can be some ugliness. I can imagine several other chicks jumping right on her bandwagon! Yuck!!

Carrie, how are you doing today? How is your incision? Are the antibiotics doing their job? How is the swelling? I hope you are doing well?

Nancy, how are the taxes coming along? When does school start? How is everything else going?

Pat, what is on your agenda for this weekend?

Rhonda, did you finish up the work for your previous employer? What are your plans? Are you working on Monday?

Laurie, anything big going on for you?

Paula, how are things with you? When do you go back to the mammography center? And the doc?

Well, my plans for the weekend are (not in this order):

--pay bills
--grade papers
--finish cleaning up holiday decorations
--bonus room
--laundry

So, wish me luck on that list!!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1796 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:49:09 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Good day today. I got to hold the babies and feed Elise while the dad fed Ezra. The babies were sweet and everything went well.
Then I went home and made a big pot of soup. I wanted to be able to drop something off at Cathy's so when she got home from the hospital they would have something to eat. I know how it is. Your focus it totally on getting home, then you get home and think....I am hungry, what do we have. hehe. I did get a run in to the bank and the grocery store too.

Tomorrow is Tour day with the SW MI representatives. The Miss SW MI is sick so there will just be three young ladies. It will be a bit of a challenge, they will need to change outfits faster since there will be one less performing. Oh well, it will work out and we will have fun!

Lizzy, what a crazy encounter you had at the shower. Yikes!! I can guess that that caught you off guard. I am guessing others noticed she was drinking and not using the best judgment. I am sorry she used being a "christian" as an excuse for being right. Your right, if you are trying to live your life in a Christ like way, you don't have to say it, your actions reflect it. There are some people that think going to church or believing in God makes you a Christian. Well, satan believes in God too...hmmm....

Carrie, I am wondering how you are doing too. Any improvement?

Oh Lizzy, to answer your question, my mamo is the 24th and dr. appt. the 28th.

Laurie, have you recovered from your trip? How is your dad doing?

Ok, I am going to get ready for bed. I have to be up before 7 tomorrow. A challenge for me for sure!! ;)

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!!
rm920 Offline
#1797 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:29:18 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning....

Paula, hope Tour day goes well with the girls. What fun holding babies! And very nice that you fixed the pot of soup for your friend. Glad to hear she is doing well.

Lizzy, people can be so frustrating. I am sorry that it had to disrupt your enjoying the bridal shower for your friend. Her character showed when she showed up after she had been drinking. But so glad you were able to get your boards looking great!

Pat, any luck making the color choice for you room? Sometimes I think that can be one of the hardest parts of redoing rooms!

Carrie, how are you doing today? Hope the meds have kicked in and things are getting better.

Lizzy Offline
#1798 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:03:02 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends.

How weird! I am certain that I posted this morning, but it sure isn't here!! Oh well....nothing important that can't be reposted!

Thanks for your comments about the drunk chick at the shower. I think more drama might have happened after I left because one of the gals that stayed texted me and said she needed to talk to me. Hmmm....

I did my "get up early, stayed up for a couple of hours, then slept another three hours...." but since then, I have graded almost all of my piles of paper. I have one more entire stack and one more section of another part. That's pretty good! Of course, I didn't look in my cart, so there could be more.

I haven't done any laundry or even given more than a tiny bit of thought to either the bonus room or the holiday decorations.

We are giving the most serious thought to moving to NC now. But, nothing definite has been decided upon. It's just so difficult...everything. My school district is offering an early-retirement incentive and even that is anxiety-producing. You have to make the decision by March 1 and turn in all of your completed by March 1. That means TURN IT IN COMPLETED CORRECTLY. You have to choose how you want to get the additional money. It all makes me crazy. I don't know how I want to get the money. I'm so scared of making the wrong decision! The district is giving us all kinds of meetings with the retirement groups...but it still scares me. I hate change. I'm trying to remain calm!

Carrie, I hope you are feeling better and can let us know that...or let us know how you are doing!

Laurie, did you make it to Fort Wayne to get your car? I hope you are home by now and not too tired to give us an update tomorrow or Monday!

Rhonda, what is on your agenda for the weekend?

Nancy, does school start for you this week?

Paula, it's great you get to have fun with the twins! Nice warm snuggly feelings, then you get to give them back!

Pat, you are moving so fast with the remodeling! I would like to be on your time-table right now. I think we will have to move slowly until I retire, though.

I'm going to go now and hope this posts.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1799 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:37:15 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies.

Today went really well. Serina stepped up and did a nice job running the show since the Miss was sick. The man who is in charge and runs the tours was sick too so Serina's mom took his place. She had never been on tour so together we figured it out and the young ladies did great! I am really tired though, DS had a fire going when I got home and I sat in front of it for awhile and got even more sleepy! Think I will be heading to bed.

Nighty night!! :)
rm920 Offline
#1800 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:38:31 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Paula, glad everything went so well considering lots of people being sick. Sounds like the fire was a perfect ending to the day.

Pat, how was the trip to Gettysburg? Hope you were able to get the meeting/rooms set.

Laurie, hope the trip to get the car went without any problems.

Lizzy,WTG on getting so many papers graded! I can understand your feelings about the move. So much to do, so many decisions to make. And now you have to make all the retirement decisions at the same time. Do you know what area in NC you might relocate to? I have a nephew who lives in NC and another nephew in Duke med school. But he starts residency this summer and he is not sure where they will send him. Lots of changes coming your way!!

I got a lot of little things done yesterday - errands, recycle center, landfill, post office etc. Today I went in to old work and pretty much finished up there. There may be a few things pop up but for the most part that is done. Then this afternoon, there was a Hornet Basketball double header. Both men and women won - so a good afternoon.

Now I am just chilling and watching the football game.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.