Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kathycalford84e2cc4f Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 2:29:44 PM(UTC)
kathycalford84e2cc4f

Groups: Registered

Can you tell me if anyone has come up with some way to index or easily identify all of the images available on their cartridges? I was thinking of something like a binder I could open up and look at all the images available on my cartridges so I could get some ideas before beginning a project. Thanks.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 2:36:23 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19105 time(s) in 8536 post(s)
Lots of people have printed the handbook pages or made lists, but some of the carts have 700 images on them and it seems like too much work to me.

When I'm looking for an image, I use the search in CCR or mycutsearch.com.
TinaW528 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:29:18 PM(UTC)
TinaW528

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 726 time(s) in 617 post(s)
I tried a binder too, but I have too many now! I also use mycutsearch.
sharon.1964 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:25:53 AM(UTC)
sharon.1964

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I want to be able to browse thru a binder of images, flipping pages encased with sheet protectors, hearing the swoosh as I turn each one, letting the creativity overcome me.

Sigh.

Alot of people have printed out the handbooks available in the shop section of this site. In my opinion, the quality of the images on both the actual handbooks and the digital handbooks are so poor as to be virtually useless for such a task. What I find sad is that Provocraft has chosen not to make higher quality images available. I wrote to them and explained that alot of us older chicks, like me, and/or the visually handicapped (like me!), really need a better image to fully be able to use and enjoy their products. I understand them wanting to protect their images, their copyrights, etc., but seriously, help us out here. In response I got a generic, "thanks for writing, we'll let marketing know" type of message.

I'm not holding my breath.

I have been scouring the internet for some time for just this sort of thing, and so far, zip!

Sharon
JodiBarber Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:44:14 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
you could be the one to make that binder and share with the rest of us lol

sounds like a your story and a bind it all project Flapper
Mariposa23 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:52:36 AM(UTC)
Mariposa23

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Another vote for mycutsearch.com. I also like their search feature since it goes by the actual image as opposed to the word associated with it in CCR/Gypsy (i.e. if you are looking for a giraffe and the image's name isn't 'giraffe' in the handbook, CCR/Gypsy wont find it, but mycutsearch would find it even if the giraffe isn't the main image).

I download the handbooks onto my tablet instead of using a binder to view the images when I'm at crops or in a place with no wi-fi.

sewnmachine Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:57:41 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sharon.1964 Go to Quoted Post
I want to be able to browse thru a binder of images, flipping pages encased with sheet protectors, hearing the swoosh as I turn each one, letting the creativity overcome me.

Sigh.

Alot of people have printed out the handbooks available in the shop section of this site. In my opinion, the quality of the images on both the actual handbooks and the digital handbooks are so poor as to be virtually useless for such a task. What I find sad is that Provocraft has chosen not to make higher quality images available. I wrote to them and explained that alot of us older chicks, like me, and/or the visually handicapped (like me!), really need a better image to fully be able to use and enjoy their products. I understand them wanting to protect their images, their copyrights, etc., but seriously, help us out here. In response I got a generic, "thanks for writing, we'll let marketing know" type of message.

I'm not holding my breath.

I have been scouring the internet for some time for just this sort of thing, and so far, zip!

Sharon

I can certainly identify with this. My eyes are 62 years old. And while I don't have a binder of any sort - what I have done is down load every single handbook for all my carts onto my Kindle Fire. They download in pdf format, and as I flip through the pages of the handbook, I can easily zoom in on any page. Much easier to see.
The other reason I like to have the handbooks on my Kindle is that I toss it in my purse. It goes everywhere with me. Then if I'm somewhere and have a few minutes I can pick a handbook and just browse through it like a magazine. If creativity suddenly strikes I save my idea and cartridge info on Evernote. It's an app I use on both the Kindle and my phone. I can save notes, pictures, recordings..... anything.

Oh forgot to add - I also have all my handbooks saved on my sd card on my phone. I access them from the Kindle app that I have on my phone. Of course they are not as easy to see, but that's another option for keeping your handbooks handy.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:00:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified