Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
CowgirlUp Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:18:59 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
I didn't see this posted on here so I thought I would share. Joann's online has the 200 count packs for the 8.5x11 Cordinations smooth paper, and 160 packs of textured for $1.99 they are sold out online but if you print it out the ad they will ad match the price in the store. (I don't know if they accept ad matches by bringing it up on a smartphone as I don't have one, I always print it off) They also had the 12x12 tim holtz collection of distressed cardstock (36 pack) for $1.99 as well.

Here are the links if anyone wants to get their store to price match. Also they have gone to on the site where you can check and see how many your store has in stock.

Tim Holtz paper- http://www.joann.com/cor...6-sheets/zprd_11413960a/

Textured- http://www.joann.com/car...textured/zprd_11266483d/

Smooth- http://www.joann.com/car...r-smooth/zprd_11266491d/

Almost forgot to add I know these value packs some of the colors (mainly the orange and green for me) don't cut the best in my cricut, but I love this paper for backgrounds on my cards, or at this price for test cuts.
 5 users thanked CowgirlUp for this useful post.
deonnahotovec on 1/20/2013(UTC), CraftyKat on 1/20/2013(UTC), Enjoying The Bug on 1/21/2013(UTC), Mari on 1/27/2013(UTC), ditskid on 1/28/2013(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:07:23 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1310 time(s) in 1005 post(s)
Thanks for the info.....
CraftyMel Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:11:01 PM(UTC)
CraftyMel

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I called ahead and printed out the ad and my JoAnns would not honor the price Blink They said it was too low! HAHA They are the worst, I should have known better. Hope others have better luck than I did!!!
CowgirlUp Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:16:51 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyMel Go to Quoted Post
I called ahead and printed out the ad and my JoAnns would not honor the price Blink They said it was too low! HAHA They are the worst, I should have known better. Hope others have better luck than I did!!!

That's surprising. Did you talk to a manager? our store always matches their website. The guy at the register had to call his manager basically just to OK it since it was such a low price, but the manager didn't even come up they did it all over the headset things.
Leanner Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:26:28 PM(UTC)
Leanner

Was thanked: 1550 time(s) in 1140 post(s)
Ummm I would ask for a manager too.
CraftyMel Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:34:07 PM(UTC)
CraftyMel

Sadly, it was the Mgr who said no. They had 3 employees there and they were all going back and forth with me. I put up a fight and they said their hands were tied...the price threshold was too low was the reason they gave...they can't mark down the paper that much, tried to tell me the computer would not let them. Glare I filled out a customer service thing at the website but I am not holding my breath. I called them a little bit ago to get a little more info for my complaint and was told again, by the manager, that there was nothing she could do, that price is just too low and the computer will not allow her to override the price by that much. I am sure there is a way, she just does not know how to do it.
CowgirlUp Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:46:00 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyMel Go to Quoted Post
Sadly, it was the Mgr who said no. They had 3 employees there and they were all going back and forth with me. I put up a fight and they said their hands were tied...the price threshold was too low was the reason they gave...they can't mark down the paper that much, tried to tell me the computer would not let them. Glare I filled out a customer service thing at the website but I am not holding my breath. I called them a little bit ago to get a little more info for my complaint and was told again, by the manager, that there was nothing she could do, that price is just too low and the computer will not allow her to override the price by that much. I am sure there is a way, she just does not know how to do it.

Sounds like they are just being lazy. or something. I would call Joann's Customer Service in the morning (1-888-739-4120) make sure you have the manager's name and store number, maybe they can help you.

cristine Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:06:43 PM(UTC)
cristine

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 67 post(s)
[size=7]No Joann's by meHuh
Ken's Kreations Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:45:26 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Was thanked: 1949 time(s) in 499 post(s)
I have pretty much given up on Joann's. They are so inconsistent and NEVER match prices online. this is the most unfriendly company to it's crafters. The fact that they now consider create-a-sticker a "paper crafting machine" is a joke. I stopped supporting them weeks ago and even got a call from a manager who said "I wish i could do more...but corporate is very strict with us and I could lose my job." Shockingly I went to my michael's and they gladly took my coupons and rang up separately to make the most of my discount!

Never again Jo Jo you had your Mo Jo and lost it.
TinaW528 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:23:49 PM(UTC)
TinaW528

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 726 time(s) in 617 post(s)
I am still happy with the Joann's near me. And I know the majority of the employees! For me it is a perk that I can use a teacher's discount on top of sale prices, but the Michael's near me (company-wide?!?) will only take the discount on regular price items.
CraftyMel Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:20:29 PM(UTC)
CraftyMel

Well, I just had to come back and post an update!! Thanks to CowgirlUp for giving me that phone number! I called this afternoon to follow up my email and they were fantastic!! Wub They called my local JoAnns and put me on hold...it took about 20 minutes but they came back and told me that the local manager was giving THEM a hard time TOO!! Do you believe that? So, they got it all straight and told me that I could go to the store and get my paper :) I went there and this same manager still had an attitude and told the other lady at the register "Yeah, they had to rewrite the whole code just for this one transaction" And I thought to myself, gosh, I hope they named it the CraftyMel code then!! hahaha! I am sure she knew that I knew she was lying because I just stood there with a smile and swiped my card! JoAnns corporate was wonderful!! Thanks CowgirlUp for the tip on a great deal and also for that phone number!!
CowgirlUp Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:32:26 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

CraftyMel, YAY!!!! I'm sooooo glad you were able to get the paper at the sale price too BigGrin
nursedmk Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 8:03:01 PM(UTC)
nursedmk

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
thanks so much for the heads up and for adding to my paper addiction!!!
They price matched no problem! I was waiting for them to argue with me but nothing!

I bought the ones I could find,

6 in total!! and even though I printed out the 8 1/2 by 11 she let me have the 12 x 12 too!

dena
Enjoying The Bug Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 8:30:15 PM(UTC)
Enjoying The Bug

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Thanks for the heads up, went to my Joann's today and they priced matched no problem. The cashier was shocked on the price. I even went to Michael's to pick up the Tim Holtz pack and they also priced matched no problem
CowgirlUp Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 9:34:01 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Originally Posted by: nursedmk Go to Quoted Post
thanks so much for the heads up and for adding to my paper addiction!!!
They price matched no problem! I was waiting for them to argue with me but nothing!

I bought the ones I could find,

6 in total!! and even though I printed out the 8 1/2 by 11 she let me have the 12 x 12 too!

dena

I'm glad I'm not the only who stocked up. I got 4 of the textured, and 2 of the smooth last week when I first saw the sale, then went back on sunday and picked up 3 more of the smooth and they did a special order of 4 smooth and 4 textured...I think I'll be set on this paper for a while. lol. I seriously think I have a problem, but at that price I couldn't pass it up...haha!! Is there a 12 step program or something? Or do we just live with this???
K.McIntyre Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:24:45 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
This is good to know. I saw it online and out of stock. I will have to give it ago at my store. Did your stores carry those packs that had those quantities in them ? I don't understand how the website will have a certain price and the actual store will not honor them, that's the way Petco is.

Kristin
CowgirlUp Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:49:01 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Originally Posted by: K.McIntyre Go to Quoted Post
This is good to know. I saw it online and out of stock. I will have to give it ago at my store. Did your stores carry those packs that had those quantities in them ? I don't understand how the website will have a certain price and the actual store will not honor them, that's the way Petco is.

Kristin

My store is a good size J's and they carry them right next to the 50 sheet packs. On Joann.com you can go the products info page, and click locate in store, and put in your city,state or zip and it will tell you how many they have in stock.
KimB Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:06:46 AM(UTC)
KimB

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Wow! That's a killer deal. Cowgirlup~ Thank you for posting. I've printed the screen and will be going tomorrow. Web site says they have 3; now lets see if they give them to me. I'm taking the phone number too. I've never had much luck with J's and coupons, without getting employees attitude. But for this price it's worth it.

TeriLawson Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:15:49 AM(UTC)
TeriLawson

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Thanks for the info CowgirlUp! I went today and got several in both the 8.5 x 11 and 12 x 12. I got the last three of the Tim Holtz paper also. Now I just need to know where I am going to put more paper!
Cassie Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:06:16 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Thanks for posting this. I printed the pages and headed to Js for lunch. The cashier couldn't believe the price, so he called someone else for assistance. She tried several things and nothing was working, so she told me that she couldn't give it to me because the register kept telling her the discount was too high based on the original price. I'm sure I had a puzzled look on my face, so I offered a few suggestions in the form of questions, and eventually it came out. But, she would not give me the 8.5 x 11 paper packs because the original price wasn't $19.99. I won't complain. I got 2 Tim Holtz and 2 12x12 Core'dinations.
bklynborn Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:45:15 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 121 post(s)
how long is this sale for. hate to make a trip omly to find out its not on sale. tia
CowgirlUp Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:53:35 AM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

The website didn't say how long its running but I've printed stuff off a few days before I went and they still price matched. There ad used to say it needed to be advertised in the last 7 days. just remember its not this price in store so you need to print it off and bring it with you to get this price.
bklynborn Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:59:11 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

thanks. i went yesterday to buy paper i thought was on sale. 5 for 1.00. was told it wa last week so just want to make sure before i make the trip again. i will print the link u gave and hope for the best. thanks again
CowgirlUp Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:05:12 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Originally Posted by: bklynborn Go to Quoted Post
thanks. i went yesterday to buy paper i thought was on sale. 5 for 1.00. was told it wa last week so just want to make sure before i make the trip again. i will print the link u gave and hope for the best. thanks again

you could always call your local store and see if they will price match it if its a few days old.
CraftyMel Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:10:48 PM(UTC)
CraftyMel

Originally Posted by: Cassie Go to Quoted Post
the register kept telling her the discount was too high based on the original price. I'm sure I had a puzzled look on my face, so I offered a few suggestions in the form of questions, and eventually it came out. .

did you tell her "Hey, try that CraftyMel code, I hear they wrote that just for her yesterday"? I bet it woulda worked ;)
bklynborn Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:52:37 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

just got back from j's got 5 packs of paper. took then awhile but no problem

thanks cowgirlupBigGrin
stacyjohnson7 Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:31:24 PM(UTC)
stacyjohnson7

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
THANK YOU Cowgirlup!!! I went to my J's here in MI and bought 6 packages (could've bought more) and had no problems!! Love saving over $100 on paper!!! I even shared the news on fb and emailed my scrapbook friends :).

Thanks again!!
Scrapcrazzee Offline
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:17:31 PM(UTC)
Scrapcrazzee

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Wish I could had got the deal the rest of you did, but my Joann's sells this paper pack for 12.99 original price so I know they wouldn't match the price:( I was hoping to get a couple sets. They did have the 12 x 12 but I couldn't find it on the Joann's.com web site to show them.

Candice
LoveMyBeagleman Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:05:57 PM(UTC)
LoveMyBeagleman

Was thanked: 243 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I went to my J's today. Their price is Reg 12.99. However, since all the information matched everything else on the website they said they had to give it to me. The cashier was not happy with the manager's decision to give it to me for 1.99. The manager explained that I was right even though the price didn't match and her hands were tied. All I did was print out the page from their website and handed it to the cashier. She was like there is no way this is correct and was not at all happy that I still got the deal. The manager told her it must be a glitch but nothing we can do about it. I'm still stumbling over why the cashier was arguing with the manager.....
paperplayer Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:43:36 PM(UTC)
paperplayer

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LoveMyBeagleman Go to Quoted Post
I went to my J's today. Their price is Reg 12.99. However, since all the information matched everything else on the website they said they had to give it to me. The cashier was not happy with the manager's decision to give it to me for 1.99. The manager explained that I was right even though the price didn't match and her hands were tied. All I did was print out the page from their website and handed it to the cashier. She was like there is no way this is correct and was not at all happy that I still got the deal. The manager told her it must be a glitch but nothing we can do about it. I'm still stumbling over why the cashier was arguing with the manager.....

I love how the cashiers act like the money is coming out of their pockets!! I bet she printed out the ad and went to another store to get some deals for herself!.