Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7172737475>»
Phyllis Offline
#2161 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:52:12 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Happy Sunday to all.

Pat, glad you had some fun at Gettysburg, sounds like a neat place to visit. I just heard on the radio today how it's been proven that red wind destroys the cholesterol build up from red meats, etc. in your stomach before it gets into your blood stream. My Dr. told me to drink a glass a day but I didn't follow through because I couldn't find one I liked.

Deb, so sad about your DH's cousin and his kids. I just don't understand how children can treat their parents that way. Gracie will be housebroken before you know it. She should grow into that little sweater you bought her. I bought 2 little doggie t-shirts at M's today, some new stuff they have, they were only 2.49 each. They hate clothes but I put them on them and they are just laying around, won't move around much, so guess I have grounded them LOL.

Gramma, glad you are caught up on your OJ. We had nice temps yesterday but today not so good and it's getting worse for tomorrow.

Jess, how did stamp camp go? So every time Brad gets a new gun, you get one too or is your gun playthings? LOL. He'll enjoy the log splitter. Hope he is very careful, my brother lost a thumb using one of those.

Hello to Joanne and any one else I missed.

I mailed my valentines yesterday and met a girl at the PO sending some things to her brother who is a marine in Afghanistan and the post master mentioned to her about my CFS cards and we started talking. Anyway, she gave me his address so I'm adding him to my units. She was so appreciative and it's nice having a person to connect the unit with. She said they would be coming home in May. If the weather is not an issue, I will be going to St. Louis with my friend Feb 13 to see her DGS graduate from basic training. He will know then where he will be headed next. His parents and his girlfriend are going to but riding separate. February is very unpredictable as far as weather but we're hoping for no snow.

I just posted a few of my Easter cards on the sign up thread.
RGK Offline
#2162 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:53:57 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good Sunday evening castlemates,
Pat, I see what you meant about being secretary...glad you had a nice trip to Gettysburg. I was there once, when I first came to the US, many many years ago. I liked it but don't remember much about it. I didn't realize you are so close.--Did you get your paint chips? You will get back to the purging/sorting in no time. Just keep the light at the end of the tunnel in sight!
Jess, hope you had a good weekend, sorry you don't get that extra day. How was stamp camp? Did your face go back to normal? Was it an allergy?-Did not see a new tool at 'A'.
Deb, wow Gracie sure is tiny. She probably fits into all kinds of tiny places, glad you are keeping her with you. I can just see her little feet having to make a bunch of steps to keep up with you. Gongrats to dgs's win. Sad about the cousin with 'A'. It's hard on his wife I'm sure.
Gramma, glad you have -maybe- some free time. Are you keeping the 40's? Send some my way? It will be single digit tomorrow night.
Phyllis, nice to talk to someone who has a loved one overseas. People sometimes forget how hard it is on the family. I need to take a look at your cards.
I have been so busy this weekend. I decided to get the couch so much of yesterday was planning and arranging for a truck. My eldest is coming over tomorrow with a friend and a truck. I went today and paid for it, people were eyeing it and I was worried there might not be one left tomorrow. I worked on emptying the bedroom where the futon will go. It's the OMG room II and had lots of stuff in it. Also spent a couple of hours scanning and got much done. I have more prepped for tomorrow, the rest of the evening is mine for making cards.
I hope everyone else is well, hello to all. Renate
housefullofrotties Offline
#2163 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 12:37:59 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy MLK day.

Renate~Enjoy your bonus day off!

Very lazy day yesterday. We're at a windchill of -14 right now and the temp is still going down. Brrr. Have a nice day.

Jess
RGK Offline
#2164 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:30:56 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy MLK Monday to the castle.

Jess, watching Matlock reruns and working on CFS cards - enjoying the quiet, it will be busy later when DS and gf come to help with the couch. Our temps are heading down too. Brrrr -you're right. Hope your day is uneventful.

Renate

Dbson Offline
#2165 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:09:34 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good morning, enjoy the day off for those getting the holiday.....our temps will be going down tonight and windy tomorrow....so I may need a heavy coat for my errands....not looking forward to the cold....
Brrr Jess.....I guess if you are raised in 'cold' weather you 'might' get accustomed, but boy it would sure be hard.....
Renate enjoy your day, I watched Matlock and Perry Mason......grew up with PM and 'Mayberry' too....
Pat glad your day went well in G'burg....hope plans will come together smoothly.
Phyllis how neat to be able to share cards with that unit......safe trip for the grad ceremony....my sis had some 'tiny' stuff but still too big for Gracie....she did have a red purse with white bones....hubby wanted something to put her in when they go off....when she finally gets to ride in the 55, she will most likely jump out of 'our arms', the muffler is a bit noisy......
Gramma glad you are on top of the OJ stuff.....
Joanne, Karen...good morning to you, have a great day.....
I am off to the Wii and start cleaning the rest of my house......busy day ahead.....

Edited by user Monday, January 21, 2013 7:11:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2166 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 3:06:11 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi. I hope everyone had a productive day (if you needed it to be)!

Pat~Glad you had fun at Gettysburg. Hope you have better luck at the winery next time you go. Did you get on the bike yesterday or today?

Phyllis~Good deal on the doggie shirts! Stamp camp was good. I even got the extras done and put away all on Saturday. And I have one design for next month. LOL...real guns! I prefer handguns, DH prefers rifles and his out number mine!! I do worry about the log splitter. They are beastly. Very cool that you met someone at the PO. I need to go check out the thread.

Renate~I'm not sure if it was an allergy...I didn't use anything new. The puffiness went away Sat evening and my eyes were mostly better late yesterday. My left one has a bit of a rash just below my brow bone. Who knows what it could be. Woohoo for the couch. Glad you're getting some help with it. Sounds like yesterday was a very productive day. Hope you enjoyed some quiet time today.

Deb~Truct me, I'm not accustomed to it! I hate the cold! The actual temperature is -2 right now with a windchill of -23. It'll get colder tonight. It really is crazy how cold it can be! I couldn't imagine having a dog that small! I'm so glad she's such a nice fit for you both!

Somewhat quiet day at work with no Monday mail. I am feeling really lazy. Steak and cheesy hashbrowns for dinner. I really need to get my other ideas for stamp camp together so I can order stuff and try and squeeze in a few more projects. I've been looking for some cute, easily mass produced spring/Easter cards. No ideas yet. Phyllis, your cards are great!
Have a good rest of the day.

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2167 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:50:25 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Not much happening here, cold temps, etc. Two large pile ups on the interstate here during a brief white out snow storm. 87 cars (1 fatality) in our area and another just up the interstate a few miles 52 cars. It's been a real news item. They think it's mostly the white out than slick roads although some areas were reporting black ice. I'm glad I wasn't out during that time.

Jess, I don't think anyone gets accustomed to these frigid temps, I wish I could move south but don't see that happening. Leftovers for us tonight, or at least DH, I think I'm going to have a sandwich. I need to cut down on my eating anyway. Better get your guns while you can. I'm not a lover of guns but none of the restrictions they're proposing would have stopped the Connecticut killings. I could get on a real soap box here but I'll refrain.

Deb, I was wondering if you even owned a heavy winter coat, LOL. I really have only worn my heavy coat once this year, mostly light weight coats. Yeah, you better hold on to that little doggie in a car, sometimes they freak out. You probably need a little carrier.

Renate, when do you get your new couch? What fun, I always love getting new furniture. Somewhere down the road I'll need to replace the sofa in the FR but going to hold out as long as I can.

Better go check my laundry and work some more on an order. They've been fewer lately but I expected that.

Hello to Gramma and Joanne and other visitors.

Dbson Offline
#2168 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:38:02 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Wow on the car pile ups Phyllis, sad for the fatality.....I have a couple of heavier coats, one has a zip out lining, hood and very warm....which reminds me I need to replace my gloves...got them dirty and didn't put them back in the pockets.....it was sunny here today, but the wind was nippy, just going to get worse tonight/tomorrow.

Jess I can NOT imagine those temps....glad SC was good and you had a good work day....my daddy was a huge hunter, he had guns of every shape, size, etc...as I said before, he slept with one under his mattress/pillow and I have a great respect for weapons....but I am thinking I would like to learn to shoot.

Pat hope your trip today was good....

Gramma how is your weather tonight? Brr and snow I guess....

Gracie is a real trip.....she has found her bark....loves to get in the kennel and dig/bark at me....

Well the second 'new Lane' went back today for a full refund.....it was sat in by hubby for 3 days and that seat began to 'collapse', he said the guy wasn't too happy about the second one coming back but for the $$$$ it should have lasted more than 14 days.....sad......house work is done....errands most of tomorrow....talked to #1's MIL this morning, they will be coming for lunch to celebrate b'days next month....will be a full house if everyone I invite comes, but that is okay too.....I have all 65 cupcakes put together, need to pick up more candy for them since some of what I have/was given is too big for them.

Have a great evening and hello Renate, Karen and Joanne.......
RGK Offline
#2169 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:20:16 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening from COLD Indy. Not quiet as bad as Jess' temps but going to single digit tonight.
Deb, I watched all those old shows years ago. So much better than most so-called sit-coms today.
I also think Gracie needs to be in a carrier when you are driving, to keep her safe. Wow on the 'Lane' chairs. What will you do for chairs now? Glad your family is getting together for the birthdays.
Jess, that 'allergy' sure was weird. Maybe something you touched or ate...Good luck with your hunt for more CS ideas. Nice you had a quiet day at work. I was glad I got most of the cleaning out of the bedroom done yesterday, had time this morning to work on cards. DS and gf came and we met his friend/truck at Costco to pick up the couch. Just before we left here it snowed, almost like a whiteout. I don't know what the temps were but it sure was cold. The couch is great and spacious. The futon is in the spare bedroom, it folds out to queensize. Problem is that the storage I had under the bed is lost. The bed is going to a new home soon. I have to go through the stuff from under the bed and sort/purge....
Phyllis, I saw the pile ups on tv, didn't realize they were so close to you. Glad you were home at the time. The couch is the first new furniture we got in years, and it is fun...
I'm still working on a few Easter CFS cards. They are started.
I'm going back to work tomorrow, the weekend went by too fast, and it was mostly work but couldn't be helped.
Hello to everyone stopping by. Renate
#2170 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:32:32 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Tuesday! Have a fabulous day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2171 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:40:53 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Tuesday, I slept in a bit this morning, need to get my rear in first gear and get busy.....
Renate happy dance on your new sofa.....sorry you lost some storage under the bed, but then again....it won't be a space to have to 'purge' again.....we had not gotten rid of the other chairs, they were in the garage....kids didn't want them and once hubby saw his new chair was 'failing the grade' we didn't try to get rid of them...
Hello to everyone and have a great day.....
imnchghere Offline
#2172 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:59:32 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. it is cold here. Not quite like Jess's wing, but COLDER than I care for it to be. I a not even going outside. It is 14* right now with single digit windchills. It is bright & sunny.
Trip to Gettysburg was quick yesterday, but the hotel/meeting venue is taken care of and I just need to sign/return the contract. I didn't go to the scrapbook store, but now that I know it is there, I might go up one day on my own.
Renate, glad you got the sofa and are really liking it. A sofa for the living room is probably going to be our next furniture purchase, along with either recovering the 2 wing chairs or replacing them with something to go with a new sofa. And of course there is the whole kitchen re-do. I really do need to buy a winning lottery ticket.
Deb, sorry to hear about your chair problems. But nice that you still have the old ones for now.
Phyllis, I saw about the car pile ups and the little girl getting hit. Those happen in central CA often due to heavy fog. I saw a project somewhere yesterday and I thought of you. I will have to pick my brain to remember where. Not sure it was on Pinterest, but maybe in an ad on line.

Today I am going to check out the free cuts in the CCR to see if there are any I can use for cfs. It is until the end of the month, so I have more time than the usual week.
I am not sure if eldest dd is planning anything for dgs's birthday, which is the 28th and dgd's which is the 2/15. I am thinking not. We have in the past had a small family celebration combining them. I just go with the flow these days.
I am also going to get on the bike and see how far I can go.
Have a good day everyone else I missed.
Gramma Offline
#2173 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:57:16 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Happy Tuesday from frigid WNY. Temperature is 3 degrees, but -15 with windchill added. You can't stay out too long. I can hardly wait to see what darkness brings.

Went to Medical Center today to have them look at a rash behind my ear and was told it was infected psoriasis. I guess I let it go just a tad too long. Anyway they put me on antibiotics for ten days and I go back next week for a re-check.

In other great news (not!) I've been called up for jury duty and have to report next Friday morning at the courthouse. Hopefully they'll settle and it will get called off. The OJ is going to have another new release Friday and at least two more after that before Valentine's day. I "thought" I was caught up... again(not!)

Renate congrats on the new sofa!
Deb boo on the new recliners.... sounds like they gave you good customer service even though they were unhappy about it. Happy you didn't get rid of the old ones.
Phyllis we had a few accidents locally, one fatality and that was from white-outs, slick roads and fast driving. Glad to read you were home safe and sound.
Pat if you have the address of that store email it to me. We're headed south the weekend of the 8th for DD's BD. Maybe we can meet there. We'll be going unless I have to serve jury duty that is...
Jess are you rooting for AFC or NFC? I'll have to go with Ravens since that is DD's team. Or, I could get strung up in her front yard when we go for her birthday.LOL
Hellos to anybody I missed.

Stay warm Hugz,
Gramma
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2174 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:23:26 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Happy Tuesday from not so warm or sunny Florida. Though after reading the temps in the rest of the castle I should not complain... Brrrrrrr.
Started getting papers and ideas together for the 2 baby books I need to do. SIL and I are going to a 3 day in February and I want to have page kits done as much as possible. One is 12x12 - boy and one is 8x8 - girl. Same basic idea (ABCs) and the recipients will add their own photos.
Phyllis - I read about that wreck in our paper too. So sad. I think there a lot of people driving cars or SUVs with four wheel drive who think their vehicles can handle anything. Not so. Nice you got a new group to mail to. It is even better when it is someone you (we) have a personal connection with.
Pat - sounds like you had a good trip to Gettysburg. It is such a pretty drive up there. Too bad about the wine tasting hostess. But I see you bought some wine anyway!!
Renate - Glad you are enjoying your new couch.
Deb - I hear you on the recliners - we are on our second reclining sofa in as many years - same kind of issue..... LOL on Gracie "finding her bark"!! We had a German shepherd that scared herself the first time she barked a "big dog" bark!!!
Gramma - Owie on the rash. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Sounds like your OJ is more like a RJ (real job) lately!
Jess - Yeah, you better get those guns while the 'gittin is good'... My grandfather was a hunter and my grandma had her own .22!
Off to check the sign up thread.
Be safe....
Joanne

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:25:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#2175 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:18:11 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening,
Cold here too. It was 5* when I walked across the parking lot to get away from the wind and cold. It will be cold again tonight.
Deb, the couch is comfy..Glad you kept those 'old chairs' for now. What does Gracie's baby bark sound like?
Pat, inside is the best place to be when it is that cold. Glad you had a nice short trip to Gettysburg. The scrapbooking place will be there when you decide to go. Is it a local store or a chain?
Gramma, sorry about the infection, hope it will clear up soon. It would be so fun to meet up with Pat, hope you get to go - if jury duty does not interfere.
Joanne, does it get cold enough to turn on the furnace where you live? Have fun with the baby books.
Jess, how was your day at work? You haven't mentioned the trouble maker in a while, has it gotten better?
Phyllis, hello and stay warm too.
Renate
Phyllis Offline
#2176 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:18:11 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Just finished up my cards, will do more if I have time.

Renate, we didn't get into the single digits but maybe tonight will be down there. Our furnace seems to be running non-stop, cha ching! Glad you like your new couch.

Joanne, don't even want to hear about your temps, LOL. I envy you. Hope you get your books done on your 3 day in February.

Gramma, hope the meds fix your rash. Boo on jury duty, it's been a long time since I've been called but I've had my share.

Pat, I see you made another trip to Gettysburg, sorry it had to be quick. I noticed the temps in DC was 47 degrees for the inaugural parade yesterday but it was much much colder here. I was wondering how they could walk so far in cold weather until I heard the temps. I see your temps went downhill from there. The 12 yr. old girl that was killed was struck in the neck by a cable wire guard. People were running everywhere trying to get out of the way, some cars were hit up to 10 times. It's a miracle that there weren't any more casualties, there were a lot of injuries. I know CA gets these pile ups due to fog, our news was talking about that last night and mentioned 300 cars. This was a first of this kind around here so it's just unbelievable seeing these pictures.

Deb, that's really sad that both your recliners were defective. Are you going to get different ones or are they replacing the same ones? That's cute that Gracie found her bark.

Jess, how did you survive the cold weather? Hope your day was good.

Hello to anyone who might stop by to visit.
#2177 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:40:53 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Morning! Hope everyone has a happy day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2178 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:06:08 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Well I had a nice long post typed up, copied it too.....well a phone call and an hour later, it has logged me outHuh Confused, with that I will say hello to all and get back to my cards.....will try to catch up later.
imnchghere Offline
#2179 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:02:35 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Deb, what a bummer. I had a post this morning and lost it. I lost interest and went about my business. I took care of a few things I had been putting off, answered an email from a genealogy friend in Canada and went through some piles of paper. I also vacumed the upstairs. Rode the bike for the 2nd day. Doing better than I had anticipated. I will keep it up and add the Wii when I get myself moving regular.

I did some free cuts using CCR and will use them on spring cards. The grands have lots of chocolate bunnies and grass to assemble.

We have snow in the forecast tonight. Light snow, but due to the cold it will stick and make for some slick spots. More snow on Friday and then next week we will see 50's.

I will be bck later.. time to get dinner on the table.
#2180 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:35:22 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Hope everyone is having a good and productive week. I think I'm being shorted hours because I can't seem to get everthing done with the time I have!! Have a nice day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2181 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:17:56 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Thursday to everyone.....will see if I can catch up...
Pat I see you are still planning a remodel, new furniture arrived and you have made some society plans, plus getting on the bike.....I feel much better with my personal attitude of 'taking care of me'...
Jess hope the work day goes well, still don't know why you had the swelling? Brr to all the cold places.
Gramma hope the rash goes away soon, no fun having any health issues.
Joanne hope you get the lay outs ready for the crop.
Phyllis I think Gracie will grow into the sweater, well maybe she will....put her on the Wii with me this morning and it showed she was 2.2#'s...she has a vet appt this afternoon so we will see....
Renate glad you like the new sofa.......always helps to have new furniture.....
Hubby just went to see his mother, she has 6 more treatments this round, not sure what happens next....some other issues coming up, sitter is keeping notes for the nurse....
Hello to everyone else that might drop in, we have hair appts at 11, baked bread for them so I better get that in bags......when I drop hubby off at the vet, I need to return an item to Bed Bath & Beyond, plus look for a frame at HL.....has anyone bought the 'floating frame' to use with vinyl? I saw a couple ideas that would make great gifts, plus I would like to do some things on my walls......
Dbson Offline
#2182 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:11:38 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, what a quick trip to the vet, dropped hubby off and 20 mins later (I am in HL) he calls, so no paper for me today.....little thing weighs 2# 3oz....got 2 shots....she is knocked out in hubby's lap right now....anyway......buttermilk pound cake in the oven, fresh strawberries chopped and sugared...not sure what we will have for supper but dessert is coveredBigGrin

Hope everyone has a great evening, I need to work on some card cuts right now....later....
Phyllis Offline
#2183 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:46:57 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello from the cold part of the wing. We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow tonight/early morning, I am so wanting spring to come.

Deb, poor puppies, they have to get a lot of shots their first year. What a tiny little ball of fur. Cody was 2 lb. at one point in his life, that sure changed though, sounds like she will remain small. Buttermilk pound cake sounds good, when you have desserts like this, who needs the rest.

Jess, I'm sure you are being shorted hours, I sometimes feel like that. Hope you get everything done.

Pat, did you get the snow? I have never used CCR, glad you got some free cuts.

Hello to Renate, Gramma and Renate and we are always happy to have visitors.

Gotta get two orders packed up tonight for tomorrow's mailing. I hope to get out tomorrow, A's, J's, HL, M's (well maybe not all of them), I know they are wondering where I am, LOL.
RGK Offline
#2184 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:15:01 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening everyone.
Pat, did you get snow today? DC did, I heard. Since you have enough inside jobs lined up you might not mind a little snow...
Deb, your pup is so tiny. Seems like she has adopted dh. Poor thing, being poked with the needle.
Your vet office is great, in and out in no time. Sorry you did not have enough time to run your errands. Glad MIL is getting treatments and hope they help.
Phyllis, save travel for your boxes of cards.--It was not quiet as cold this morning, we should get some snow in the morning. I hope I'll be at work by the time it starts. I too have enough of this winter. It seems you have become a regular at the craft places. A's is my only 'never miss it'regular place. J and M don't have anything exciting right now, and HL is not that close.
So glad tomorrow is Friday. Lot of work this week, plus walking about 3 miles a day. I'm back to scanning and making good progress. I think I'll skip the scanning tonight and work on more cards instead.
Hello to everyone stopping by. Renate
#2185 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 1:32:40 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! Hope everyone has a great day! I'm looking forward to being out of work early!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2186 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:31:01 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and TGIF for Jess & Renate. A little snow her yesterday and a little more today. This is called nuisance snow. I am so tired of the cold. Going to start warming up and be near 50 next week. I can deal with that.
I've been trying to come up with some quick spring type cfs using the free cuts in CCR. I also need to either make eldest dgs a birthday card or go buy one. He will be 11 on Monday. I don't even have a gift for him, but I am sure cash or a gc will be fine.
Tomorrow at some point, I need to stop by a local crop and p/u my SU order from weeks ago and a swap I was in. Nothing else on the agenda, so I will try to work on the purging or cards or research or page kits. Maybe a little of everything.
I missed my bike ride yesterday Mad. I have to be better about that. Renate walking 3 miles is great. Do you do that most days?
I was going to go out today before the snow comes, but just don't feel like bundling up. I do need to make a society bank deposit and PO drive through drop off, but not urgent.
I guess I better get back to being productive. Hello to everyone.

Dbson Offline
#2187 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:02:14 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, hope everyone had a good Friday, I ran to HL after I got the breads baked (dr appt for hubby), they were happy to see him as usual. I sat in the car while he went in for his short appt, home and he felt like crap. Cooked steak type fries and hamburger steak, yum yum. Pound cake with fresh strawberries and a little whipped topping....what is everyone else having for supper tonight?

They delayed schools for a couple hours this morning since we were 'suppose' to have slick roads...didn't happen....oh well....I did manage to get the papers I needed for my Easter cards, but boy did I mess up a 12x12 sheet of brownAngry, but took a look at what was left and not wrinkled from the garbage can and cut crosses by hand....

I see Pat stayed in due to weather....Jess did your day end good? Renate how about your work day? Gramma is your weather still 'brrr'? Phyllis yes pups sure get shot up good those first few months. My friend sent me a pic of another friend's bassett hound, rabies shot yesterday and he looked like he had been in a boxing ring...poor thing, but he is good today....Joanne when is your crop?

I am off to put on some comfy clothes, get clothes from the dryer and out of the washer....more cuts need to be done, mainly get my kids and youngest DGS's b'day cards made.....yikes.....better get busy....

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2013 5:10:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2188 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:36:47 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! I hope everyone had a good day! I have some catching up to do!

Phyllis~I haven't watched the regular news...how horrible about the accidents in your area. We finally hit the double digits today! I've spent many hours ranting about the gun issue. Getting them while we can is exactly what we're doing. I hear ya on the furnace running so much. I'm going to cry when I get the next bill. How very sad about the young girl dying. Spring gets a vote from me too!

Deb~What a bummer about your 2nd recliner. What did the salesperson have to say about it? I think respecting guns is exactly the right mindset. I think it's be awesome for you to learn to shoot. You never want to be in the position where you have to defend yourself with a weapon, but it's good to be prepared in case you have to. Hope DH is feeling better. I love steak fries!

Renate~Glad the couch is working out for you! Hope you can find a replacement storage area for the stuff under the bed...or do a real good job purging! No, co-worker has not gotten any better. I think I'm sick of hearing myself complain!! It's never going to get better! Good job on that walking each day.

Pat~Thank goodness that cold streak snapped. It was nasty. At one point we had -30 to -40 windchills. By the time I'd walk around the building in the morning at work to get in (main entrance locked that early), my face would be frozen except for the tears running down my face! Good job getting the venue taken care of. Good luck with that lottery ticket! Glad the princesses will be helping with cards. Thanks and good job to them!

Gramma~Hope things are warming up for you! Oh boy on the rash, glad you're getting it taken care of. How lucky for you to be called for jury duty!! I am going with the Ravens as well. Love Ray Lewis!!

Joanne~How are those baby books coming along? Are those Paradise projects? I'll tell ya, it's slim pickens for all guns and accessories right now.

Out of work early today. Brad and I got together with friends for a couple hours. Tator tot casserole just about ready to come out of the oven. Meeting sis and friend for a late breakfast tomorrow. They are coming down to shop. Brad and I may go shooting tomorrow. I have all three of my stamp camp ideas, just need to get an order together. Hoping to have a restful rest of the weekend. Have a nice night!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2189 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:28:24 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. A little snow here this morning but mostly just a ground covering. I didn't get out today but hope to tomorrow.

Jess, brrr on those temps, I can imagine how cold your face got, LOL on the tears. I saw a recipe on the internet for tater tot casserole and I thought of you, I think I am going to try it, don't know if it's anything like yours or not. Have fun at breakfast tomorrow with sis and friend.

Deb, I see you're still busy cooking and making bread. We had chicken and dumplings and peas tonight, haven't fixed that in a long time. Is DH feeling any better? My waste basket in my scrap room stays full of messed up or wasted paper. DH takes it out and is amazed at all the paper.

Pat, did you get DGS's birthday taken care of? I don't like to get out on these cold days either, hate the bundling up. We're getting a warm up next week also 60 on Tuesday when I go to the Dr. Glad I didn't make my appt. for this week.

Renate, are you walking 3 miles on a treadmill or outside? That's great either way. Any snow for you today?

Hello to Gramma and Joanne. IT's getting late so think I'll clean up my room a bit and hit the sack.

Dbson Offline
#2190 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:49:03 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Saturday morning, up way too early.....fell asleep on the couch last night, hubby was up at 2am...so....here I am....Gracie went to her kennel last night when he went to bed at 7:30 and she didn't mess it up....she is doing so good.....wired this morning thoughBigGrin BigGrin..hubby is a bit better but his hip is pretty sore where they put the pellets....just hope they help him....not sure we will make DGS's game this morning, will just have to wait and see. Enough left over's for supper tonight....found out from my sister yesterday that my 'new' dr is no longer seeing patients in the afternoon....I mean if you don't wake up sick, what do you do? Guess I will be looking for another physician. We have a GP that attends our retreats, hostess goes to her, so I might just check into that office, in Gadsden but doesn't matter.....I can always go by HL, the bakery, DQ when I am over that wayBigGrin BigGrin

Gramma how is the rash?

Jess glad you got your SC ideas together....I haven't been to a card class since last May...

Phyllis I don't like to get out in bad weather, be it rain or cold....it was nice out yesterday.....just waiting for it to warm up so I can work in the yard a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day, I managed to get a few cuts made last night, sadly not the important b'day cards I need to do....so that is on my list today.....if we don't get out I plan to hibernate in my room all day....later....

Edited by user Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:50:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified