Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages<1234>»
Scraprageous Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:09:15 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Woke up to -22, now -18. Prediction is -3, but by end of week, highs back in the 20's so it is looking up!BigGrin
RockinRobin1 Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:10:29 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
I'd like to play.BigGrin

Scraprageous...we're having the same kind of weather here, except -4.
Jen Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:02:21 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
RUNNING LIST OF QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED BY EACH PARTICIPANT:

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round? Light pink, light purple or light blue – Darker then pastels – No Neons please

2. Or, is there a color or color combo that you really would prefer to not see on your projects?
Keep it light with a spring feeling. No darks such as black, brown or navy.

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? Vintage

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? Steampunk might be fun.

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. Not mother’s day please. Otherwise any kind of card Gwen mentioned. My daughter’s birthday is in May and our 33rd anniversary is in August (card for a man). I can also use cards to put in soldier package boxes. My soldiers have been male so a masculine themed please.

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. Any light colors (not neon). I do have a full pearl so don’t need this color. Any brand is also fine with me.

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. Okay how about paper dolls resembling my daughter and her boyfriend:
Daughter had medium length brown hair (with hi-lights). She has pierced ears (many holes – lol). She dresses in jeans with dressey shirts and boots or a dress in low heals or boots.
Her boy friend’s hair color is light brown has a full beard and mustache, has a close cut hair cut with a Mohawk that is growing out (thank goodness – lol). He dresses in jeans and hunting t-shirts or a work shirt (works for a Honda dealer ship as a mechanic) and wears work or cowboy boots.

8. Regarding the "memory" directive: If you do LOs, please let your SS know what size pages
or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I don’t scrapbook so a mini album would not be a good idea. I do make lots of cards so if the mats could be made double layered with different accents this would be great for my cards. Since I recently started making cards for soldiers I am making A2 sized cards so the photo mats would need to be A2 sized or slightly smaller. I make my cards in groups of five or ten so if you could do either one or two designs in the same colors please.

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! I like the feel of a new beginning. The flowers blooming, the butterflies and lady bugs fluttering. Hearing the chirping birds and feeling the nice warm (but not hot) sun.

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? For spring I love the look and scent of lilacs and hyacinth as well as love the looks of tulips.

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? Butterflies, orioles and bluebirds.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? Wall space

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or tissue box or photo cube. A photo cube would be great.

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? The photo cube would be nice but my SS can create any thing she thinks I may like.

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? No

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS. I send packages to soldiers as well as I am doing cards for soldiers so A2 sized all occasion cards would be great.
I've been enjoying all the pics posted of altered tickets, colored stamped images and altered bingo cards (love the more vintage examples in the bingo and ticket swaps) in other swaps.

I have yet to receive a tear bear – this too were a big fad a while back (but a rabbit/bunny in brown with white tail) any of these swaps.

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom. My craft room has off white walls with pink accents. My kitchen is black and white. My bathromm is brown and teal.

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames ann photo cubes along with styles and colors of mats and journaling tags. In the original question about this I indicated double layered mats that would be A2 size or slightly smaller as I make cards for soldiers and soldier packages. So simple or masculine would be better.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? Tea (but I can not drink green tea as it interfers with medications) - my favorite is sleepy time tea to relax with some times before bed. Tea bgs or K-cups for Keuric

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? I do plant flowers but change them each year. Sadly the dogs wuld tear up a vegetable garden.

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box? I buy the smaller square box

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used on it? Well this is hard because in question 8 I indicated a mini would not be a good idea. However if I recieved one I would give it to my daughter to use for Fuzzy Monster (aka Monster) her floppy earred rabbit. Monster is a boy bunny who is brown, gray and white. He is an inside bunny, likes treats,and likes to play.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 8:50:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:54:31 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 283 time(s) in 265 post(s)
BRRR how many days till Spring.. way to cold here..

DeniseKenna Offline
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:21:02 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
I just have to say that you guys are cracking me up talking about the coldFlapper We are a balmy 30 above here right now....It won't last probably but it's nice to be on the positive and out of the single digits.

Keep warm
CraftyOldBat Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:30:06 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 410 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseKenna Go to Quoted Post
We are a balmy 30 above here right now...

Um yeah Denise so that puts you at minimum 30 degrees warmer than the rest of us and you're in freakin' A-L-A-S-K-A - that just ain't right!! GlareCursing LOL

Scraprageous Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:44:02 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

BigGrin That is great! FunnyBigGrin I know last week MN was the same temp as part of FL.
amylendall Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:29:01 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
ok Gwynne I am in I have been checking the mb at least once a week looking for your swap! I am using my phone for now as my computer has been slowly dieing and it finally died last night so I will try posting a pic from my phone I have played in all the previous rounds so you should have my info. going to take my computer in today to be repaired but they say it takes 2-3 weeks to get it back but I will try to checkin!

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round? I love anything pastel pretty much

2. Or, is there a color or color combo that you really would prefer to not see on your projects?

(you either love pink or hate pink, for instance) pink is one of my favorite colors and I dont get to use it much because I have 1 son and my DH so I live with boys and of course boys hate pink! I hate bright colors!

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? mostly simple, don't care for vintage, steampunk is growing on me(never knew what it was until I joined gwynnes first ss swap) don't get into the girly girly or the frilly, don't care for grunge or shabby chic

ie: simple, vintage, steampunk, grunge, girly girly, frilly, shabby chic

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? not really that I can think of

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. probably mothers day or my sons birthday is in april and he will be 17 if you want to make a card for my son he is really into racing video games

ie: Mother's Day, Bday, Father's Day, last day of school for teacher, etc.

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. I only have a few glimmer mists so I would love to have more(note to self: update mq with glimmermists)I have quite a few of the mini mister bottles so if you can't find glimmer mist I would be ok with maybe some perfect pearls powders and reinkers I will make sure my mq is up to date with what I already have.
If you've recently purchased a certain color then you might want to list that here so your SS doesn't buy you the same color you already own. But otherwise, I'm not sure that we can list a color or product we'd prefer to receive as where your SS is able to shop at may not allow her to have full range of all colors or products.

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character.
mainly boy since most of my scrapbooking is boyish unless the picture includes a friend of the female type

8. Regarding the "memory" directive: If you do LOs, please let your SS know what size pages
or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I do 12x12 lo's but if you want to do a mini album I would love to have something for my son he will be a senior in high school next year and I would love something that he can remember all his friends besides the yearbook. be creative the school colors are red and white doesn't have to be in those colors but just an fyijust make sure it doesn't resemble anything girly like he is very particular about that!

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! every year around easter we go to the sand dunes for 3 or 4 days to ride atv's play in the sand and camp for the first time of the new year. winter especially this year has been so snowy and wet and cold!

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? I like roses my moms favorite flower is carnation

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? butterflies my mom likes butterflies alot also
ie butterfly, dragonfly, ladybug, bees, cardinal, fawn, squirrel, etc.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? plenty of wall space but no shelf space left

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box? either a frame to hang in my scrap room or the tissue box would be ok

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? I will say either way is fine either the tissue box or frame or something else use your imagination I love these swaps most when someone takes time to study me and get to know me surprise me if you decide to do the tissue box I always buy the rectangular boxes not the little square boxes.

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? not really into fairies but butterflies would be better

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS. surprise me use your imagination!

ie: I need notecards to include in my box swaps
I didn't sign up for the altered mousetrap swap but think it would be cool to receive one
I've been enjoying all the pics posted of ____________saturated canary____________ in other swaps.
I have yet to receive a ____________ in any of these swaps, and I really, really wish I would receive it!!!

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom. nothing fancy just your basic white walls

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. I usually do my layouts according to whats going on in the picture (christmas, camping whatever)

These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames ann photo cubes along with styles and colors of mats and journaling tags.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? I like to drink flavored ice tea mostly peach flavored tea

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? yes I have a small space I usually plant peppers and tomatoes but I might try something a bit different this year!

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? I usually buy the taller rectangular boxes.

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used on it? I would like to have a mini album in red and white colors for the university of utah gymnastics. my mom, a friend, and I buy season tickets to the womens gymnastics every year and I have always thought about making a mini to give to the friend that goes with us! style I would think something rather simple not to extravagant. paper brand I am not really picky I like most brands of paper.

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:36:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
IMAG0086-639294272.jpg (1,281kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
planlady19 Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:24:24 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 283 time(s) in 265 post(s)
ok when Alaska and Maine have warmer temp's then I have in West Virginia something is
just not right..

Spring Oh Spring where are you..

RockinRobin1 Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:19:22 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Amy...love that box you made.

Now, it's warming up here in IL...18 today!Blushing It's days like these that I miss the south, especially right now with Mardi Gras in full swing...and Super Bowl there this year!
JeanP Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:13:05 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 766 post(s)
off topic here

Today would have been my nephew Brian's 39th birthday.
For those of you that know Sheila(GrammaP) a quick "thinking of you today" or something similar would be nice.

Her email is sheilap50@yahoo.com

THANKS in advance
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat on 1/24/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:46:42 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 781 time(s) in 616 post(s)
Rounding the corner to the last week to choose to sign up for this swap.

DeniseKenna Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:44:42 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

If it makes anyone feel better, our temps are going down and we're supposed to get below zero this weekend.
amylendall Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:01:45 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
yesterday was just not a good day! we had freezing rain all day which rarely happens here made a mess out of the freeways yesterday today we are supposed to get above freezing yay a heat wave lol hopefully it will help melt all the ice from yesterday hope everyone has a good weekend and stay warm
ScrappinGwen Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:20:10 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

fair is fair, Denise! lol

I think I do feel better now...
 1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
DeniseKenna on 1/25/2013(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:25:18 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Still too cold here for me!!!!

Supposed to get a heat wave mid week next week.
Scraprageous Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:03:30 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

JCI

LOL - it will make me feel better if Alaska is colder than Minnesota BigGrin

We have a wonderfully sunny day at 12 degrees - seems like summer after temps earlier this week.

DeniseKenna Offline
#48 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:37:34 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Okay, it's below zero now! Enjoy my pain! Had to get our truck jumped yesterday but it's rarely used in the winter and left outside.

I'm excited to get my partner for this one!!! Got some ideas swimming around in my head.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#49 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:01:35 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

You all will have to sit patiently til next weekend to get partners.

I'm going to close the newbie swap and get that going and then close this one. I'm not sure that we'll get any more takers but I did say back in December not to expect this round to post til very end of January, so I just want it to still be available this week.

However, I will be posting a list of questions probably by Tuesday, so you can look for those to be posted and then answer them. Just remember to copy the set of questions and paste in your very first post here on this thread. Will be so much easier for your partner to find them, when they are on the first couple of pages...

Also, if you want to send me PMs about who you'd really like to make for this round, provide a couple choices...I'm fine with that. Otherwise, I'll also be factoring in who you made for the prior rounds and go from there.

I really think this is a pretty easy set of 7 directives, but also think that it will enable you all to put some extra time into some of the directives too.

One of the reasons why I want to do paperdolls this round is because I saw on CoyoteKim's blog where she was showing the very first paperdolls she made and then how much she's learned on embellishing or drawing her own face, shading edges, etc. and how much better she now makes them. So I just thought it would be fun to do them again with that in mind. To improve upon our skills. Also, some of you were not swapping back when we used to do paperdoll swaps, so it's a chance to have some fun with an old fad.

Same with the inches/twinchies. It's a challenge to come up with an idea on such a tiny piece. But they also come in handy for embellies on fronts of a small notecard when you need to throw a quick one together. And again, it's a fad from the past....

So then that leaves a couple of the directives where it is your choice and I hope you will come up with an idea that is newer or fun for you to attempt. There are SO many swaps open right now with making different items....any of the items that Kelley is requiring in her several rounds of the one month try something new swap, - like the altered spools, mousetraps, etc.; then there are the flower sprays, the ticket strips, etc.

SO this is a something new, something old kind of swap if you want your creative mind to work that way!
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#50 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:06:33 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Please count me in. I will check in and this is a super swap.

EvelynRobinson_1
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#51 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:23:58 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round? I would love green and pink

2. Or, is there a color or color combo that you really would prefer to not see on your projects? no except I prefer not to see neon colors please

(you either love pink or hate pink, for instance)

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? I love vintage and shabby chic

ie: simple, vintage, steampunk, grunge, girly girly, frilly, shabby chic

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? oh, I don't mind anything new.

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. thank you and get well cards

ie: Mother's Day, Bday, Father's Day, last day of school for teacher, etc.

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. glimmer mist woo hoo = any color because I never seem to have enough

If you've recently purchased a certain color then you might want to list that here so your SS doesn't buy you the same color you already own. But otherwise, I'm not sure that we can list a color or product we'd prefer to receive as where your SS is able to shop at may not allow her to have full range of all colors or products. I am not fussy about color as I use a lot of this and I never seem to have enough. LOL

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. I absolutely love Disney characters (Mickey and Minnie of course, but Daisy and Donald, Goofy is another one) there are hardly any character that I would not appreciate because I love them all.

or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I love 8x8. It has always been my favorite size for layouts. My mini albums are usually 6x6. But I typically do my scrapbook pages in 8x8. 12x12 are for special occasions only.

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! I love spring because of the beauty and renewal of growth from the winter. It seems that things begin to grow and we enjoy the benefits. The flowers, the food and even the earth is renewed in its beauty with freshness of clean water with glaciers melting and washing the dirt away. The animals are doing away with old man winter and coming out with the spring.

The other things I love about spring are having the days of sunshine to enjoy family like Easter. Everyone gets dressed up and goes to church to remember the day that Christ arose from the grave. Then there's the days where we all get to dig in the garden to hopefully have a crop to enjoy later. Oh, let's don't forget all the spring sales for our crafts to keep us busy in the summer. I love spring because the weather is so perfect. It's just right for us to enjoy. Not too hot and Not too cold. And that's what I love about spring.

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? yes, rose

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? bird - robin and a butterfly

ie butterfly, dragonfly, ladybug, bees, cardinal, fawn, squirrel, etc.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? yes

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box? I have room

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? no, I would love to have either one

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? not really

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS. mini album, frame, shadow box, journal book or a secret box of my very own

I didn't sign up for the altered mousetrap swap but think it would be cool to receive one
I've been enjoying all the pics posted of _mousetrap_______________________ in other swaps.
I have yet to receive a ____mousetrap________ in any of these swaps, and I really, really wish I would receive it!!!

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom. craftroom is pink,cream and brown, kitchen is black & white and bathroom is earthtone browns

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. vintage

These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames ann photo cubes along with styles and colors of mats and journaling tags.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? coffee

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? oh no, takes away from scrapping.

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box?
the smaller square box

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used it? pink, cream and brown/style-vintage/paper-I love graphics45 and have never had a mini for myself from it. It would be so awesome to have one.

Evelyn

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 8:19:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scraprageous Offline
#52 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:05:07 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round? Purple/Violet/Lavender is my favorite color, but I like all colors. Please keep pinks to a minimum.

Minimal pink and pastel green, but otherwise I like most colors (combos I don't care for - black/white, black/pink, the new thing on papers of grey, light yellow and light green. I prefer brights of those shades). No neon please.

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? Pretty eclectic - I like simple, vintage, shabby chic, ephemera based, grunge (to a point - not overly grungy). Definitely not girly or overly frilly. Still learning steampunk and have seen some really fun things that way.

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to?

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. this would be one where pinks/girly would be welcome - I have a sister and quite a few teenage nieces who are into pinks and blingy and it is always a stretch for me to craft pink cards. Birthdays or just greetings/hi type would be awesome. Otherwise - any masculine cards are always useful.

If you want to create a mother's day card, my mom's favorite color is blue, she likes retro/mod but definitely not grunge and she likes flowers of many types. Oh, and something I learned last year - she is still a huge Elvis fan, so pink/blue/black is also a color scheme she likes.

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. I own a single 'premade' mist - gold glimmer mist. I have been trying out using mica powders (blue, purple and teal right now) to make my own mists and learning how they work. I am up to try about anything. Something in silver, pearl, lavender would be great or even more mister bottles - I am always running out of those when mixing. I would prefer no more of the mini-misters (they are too small when I mix my own) - the dollar type small misters are the perfect size for my work. I think they hold 2-3 ounces

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. Anything outdoorsy (fishing, hunting, camping, canoeing, etc.); Boy Scout related; farm related; (horse, cow, sheep, pig, ducks, chickens, cats, dogs, etc.); writing type theme. Three sons and a daughter, so really anything works.

or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I normally scrap 12x12, but adore mini albums too, so any size works!

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! weather, new life (we live on a farm, so lots of it), green grass, blue skies, flowers in the garden, getting the garden started

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? Carnations, marigolds, hollyhocks and sedum

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? We keep 5 bird feeders going all winter, so birds are always nice, bugs are as well. I guess a favorite bug would be a dragonfly.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? depends on size LOL. I change out things every few months to coordinate with the seasons. So, yes, there will be space.

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box? I don't have any of the above. Anything is welcome.

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you?It is up to her - I am up for anything. Please No mousetraps. Sorry, I have seen some beautiful ones, but I can't see past their main purpose and would never hang on wall or put out with notes on them. I can't even do the 7 gypsy's boxes as they remind me of mouse traps too much.

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? NO fairies, please.

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS.will update after thinking for a while.

I do not have a scrap-room, so based on size, something that has to do with create/crafting/scrappy room decor would not be displayed. I have room for the two chunky charms I have received, but any larger than that could not be displayed. Sorry, but I only have a corner and it is floor to ceiling storage.

Any household type items are welcome. I have thought the keys in swaps look beautiful, though I haven't tried them yet. I have received two chunky charms and they are beautiful to look at and they hang on some drawer pulls and look beautiful.

I love to scrap in earth tones and primary brights. Anything in those colors would be super!

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom. Kitchen - white/beige (i hope to change soon to match the red/white checked curtains and blue/yellow/red/green rooster and sunflower accents I just hung up) Bathrooms? One is done in military green/black/tan for the boys, mine is really tiny and I have no wall or shelf space there so wouldn't use anything in there, the other is royal blue with green frogs and space elements - I have sons and a very tomboy dd who get to pick stuff for the bathrooms.

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc.family, outdoors (canoe, hike, hunt, camp, etc.), Scouts, hockey, reading/writing, animals layouts - dog/cat + farm animals, game nights, people fixing/building things (especially fencing, barns and mechanical things)

19. Coffee or Tea or something else?coffee - dark or flavored all day long

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? yes - flowers (marigoolds, hollyhocks, sedum, and others as the mood hits. Garden wise - pumpkins, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, brussel sprouts (though when the sheep get out they tend to make a beeline for these so I don't get them as often as we try), cantaloupe, corn - all the basics.

21. If I were to receive a mini album, any particular color scheme? My favorite would be red or purple, but I use a lot of browns/greens/blues with cherry woods in decorating. Really anything would be appreciated.

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:44:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockinRobin1 Offline
#53 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 9:32:06 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was at a scrapbooking getaway all weekend and boy did I need that little retreat.BigGrin

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round? Yellow, green, (some red) (that’s my kitchen colors)

(you either love pink or hate pink, for instance) Nothing neon this time.

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? ie: simple, vintage, steampunk, grunge, girly girly, frilly, shabby chic: Vintage, steampunk. I’m really loving Graphic 45’s new French Country.

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? Mixed media

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. ie: Mother's Day, Bday, Father's Day, last day of school for teacher, etc.: Birthday

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. If you've recently purchased a certain color then you might want to list that here so your SS doesn't buy you the same color you already own. But otherwise, I'm not sure that we can list a color or product we'd prefer to receive as where your SS is able to shop at may not allow her to have full range of all colors or products. I haven’t purchased “mist” products in awhile. I don’t have any “spring” colors, ie yellow, blue, green.

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. Any princess character would be great (doesn’t have to be Disney, just a princess). My youngest DD is very girly, girl.

or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I mostly scrap 12 x 12 and I love mini albums.

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! Flowers, dragonflies, butterflies, the smell of spring-fresh cut grass, flowers, and newborn animals (i.e. birds, squirrels, etc.).

10. Do you have a favorite flower? Sunflowers (if making something for my kitchen), other than that, I love all kinds of flowers.

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? ie butterfly, dragonfly, ladybug, bees, cardinal, fawn, squirrel, etc.: Dragonflies, but if you’re making something for my kitchen, it is roosters.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? Yes.

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box? Yes, but I really could use the altered tissue box for master bathroom (see colors below).

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? No, because I could really use the tissue box.BigGrin

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? Yes

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS.
I've been enjoying all the pics posted of ________________________ in other swaps.
I have yet to receive a ____________ in any of these swaps, and I really, really wish I would receive it!!!

I could use notecards, framed sayings, and I could also use an altered “G” in blue and green for my craft room wall (I have an R, S - first and middle initial).

I don’t need anymore boxes of any kind (except the tissue box).

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom? craftroom: blue and green; kitchen: yellow, green, little bit of red, (black, white, stainless- appliances and cabinets); bathroom: light blue, cream, beige and gold

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames ann photo cubes along with styles and colors of mats and journaling tags. I do girly and vintage because I'm trying to finish my daughter's album.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? Both, coffee in the a.m. and tea in the p.m.

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? I used to, can't wait to have one again now that I have a little more land. I love to plant eggplant, bell peppers, rosemary, basil.

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box? smaller square box

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used it? Blues and greens (colors of my craft room) or Turquoise, black and white (so I can use in my DD's room)

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 10:24:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#54 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:26:49 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

btt and don't forget to check in and answer your questions this week. Thanks!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:46:41 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

BTT

I plan on assigning partners either late Wed. evening or on Thursday.

CraftyOldBat Offline
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:08:31 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 410 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
BTT

I plan on assigning partners either late Wed. evening or on Thursday.

Have you noticed how GOOD I've been?? Haven't unholstered my tapping finger yet...LOL

ScrappinGwen Offline
#57 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:34:20 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Oh that's why I thought I'd better hurry up and post when I'm assigning partners. To keep that finger of yours quiet for a few more hours!
JeanP Offline
#58 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:53:54 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Have you noticed how GOOD I've been?? Haven't unholstered my tapping finger yet...LOL

LOL LOL LOL

craftymomof2 Offline
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:04:03 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
JCI- Hope everyone is staying dry and warm!

Hugs, Lana

I will have to update questions tomorrow, getting ready for work now.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:05:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseKenna Offline
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:21:51 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post

LOL Nobody wants you flinging that loaded weapon around COB! LOL Keep it holstered for 24 more hours!LOL