Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<121314
amylendall Offline
#391 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 1:53:00 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
http://www.splitcoaststa...Target&utm_campaign=

here is a link to the tutorial for the diamond fold card.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#392 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:35:33 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 834 time(s) in 650 post(s)
Denise, your pkg. is still in transit....it left Federal Way on the 7th so I just keep hoping it will show up sooner then the 18th! Most of that drive from WA to AK must be barren land thru Canada, right? The things you learn....I just assumed mail flew in to Anchorage! lol

No word from Evelyn and I have no idea what is going on with her pkg. I need to text her, I guess. I just thought she'd be checking in, knowing she had a pkg. arriving this week, like the rest of us...

planlady19 Offline
#393 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:40:27 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 267 post(s)
Gwen I sent her a pm that has not been read yet eitherConfused

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#394 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:52:54 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 131 post(s)
JCI -- I have sent a PM to Gwynne and Terri. I wanted to especially thank Terri for a most wonderful swap ever. Her package was a very welcome sight when I got home. We had a family emergency this week and had to leave town unexpectedly and it was a very difficult time. We just got home and there was her package and when I opened it, what a thrill it was. I have taken photos and am so excited to share them with everyone. Terri's hard work is so much appreciated. I cannot begin to tell you how I was so thrilled to receive a special "secret" box with the glimmer mist in it. The box is absolutely gorgeous and the Secret Garden paper line by G45 is so perfect. The tags were a real uplifting treat as well. There was Daisy and Donald Duck whom I dearly love from the Disney family and it was just as though they were meant for a special album I have been working on. I know I sound like a jabber jaws but this was so thrilling as it was my first swap of this type ever and it was such a challenge and if the opportunity ever comes my way I would consider it as I learned so much from it just reading the posts from everyone. Ok, I will stop so you can enjoy the pics. Here they are:

File Attachment(s):
Swap#4.jpg (1,074kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
EvelynRobinson2 attached the following image(s):
Swap#1.jpg
Swap#2.jpg
Swap#3.jpg
Swap#5.jpg
Swap#6.jpg
Swap#7.jpg
planlady19 Offline
#395 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:40:16 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

glad it finally got to where it was supposed to go..

G45 is my favorite paper and this line is really easy to work with..

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family at this time.

terri
JeanP Offline
#396 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:31:25 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 970 time(s) in 782 post(s)
Very nice gifts for Evelyn, Terri!!!
I am sure she will enjoy them

DeniseE Offline
#397 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:52:37 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Great job everyone, on all the swap boxes so far. They are all very creative and really makes you realize how different we all interpret things.

Happy Mothers Day to all!

Denise
ScrappinGwen Offline
#398 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 7:48:09 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Evelyn, Terri and I are both just so relieved to find out the box was delivered to you last week!

I just checked the DC this morning, and it says the box is on its way back to the sorting facility. So evidently the mailman hit a wrong button or something and never marked it as "delivered". So we were in a panic wondering what in heck's name was going on!

And now that we find out you had to leave suddenly, it all makes sense now. But the not knowing was worrying us all.

Terri did an absolutely beautiful job on everything she made for you, Evelyn. The secret box is precious. She did a great job on those cards too! And I love the idea of the hour glass. Terri always finds good ideas to share with us all.

I'm glad you enjoyed this swap and I'm sure the experience is only the start of getting addicted to these swaps! lol

ScrappinGwen Offline
#399 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:02:07 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

So that just leaves my box to arrive to Denise sometime this week. I keep hoping it will update everyday for the past 3 days, but no luck so far.

I feel bad that it's taking so long to get to her. Due to certain shape of a couple items, I couldn't fit it in a box that was an affordable priority price. But what really irks me is that when I checked online for the pricing and time to arrive ....that day it would have been slated to arrive on the 10th. But then neither my mom or daughter could get it mailed for me that day, so mom mailed it the next morning and delivery went from the 10th to the 18th! I did not see that one coming...

The good thing is that once I realized it was getting mailed later, I went back and finished up something that I had started but never finished for Denise. And I was very happy that I was able to do that. Just not happy that it cost Denise another week to receive!

Maybe it will update Monday! Think positive!

Thank you all for doing a great job getting mailed out and pictures posted all so quickly! Makes life so much easier with all the cooperation and communication.
planlady19 Offline
#400 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:50:26 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Gwen thanks once again for a great swap.. if we could only get the po to get their stuff together we would not have any problems at all.. how can mailing one day later take an extra week.. grrrr..

i am just glad that Evelyns box was delivered.. the dc #s are so confusing now since almost all packages get them..

Happy Mothers Day to everyone and look forward to the next swap.

terri
Jen Offline
#401 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 4:53:15 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Very nice boxes. Love seeing all the wonderful Ideas.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#402 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:23:50 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just wanted to update that Denise's box still shows no update on the PO website! GRRR! I was so hoping that it might arrive earlier then slated, with the weekend having passed.

I've decided that must be the person who drives pkgs. to AK must be on vacation so no mail is moving! lol

This is just nuts.....

How could the pkg. leave state of Washington 8 days ago and still not arrive? I'll really flip out if it doesn't get delivered by Saturday!

I must be checking on that DC# 10 times a day, with fingers crossed, hoping to see an update each time it flashes up on the screen.

Patience....
DeniseKenna Offline
#403 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:37:28 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Gwynne,
I'm sure it will be worth the wait! Right now they are predicting SNOW for Fri and Sat so a nice box of goodies will be just the cure for that.....Yes COB, I know I live in AK but snow in mid May is enough to make me consider moving!Blushing
ScrappinGwen Offline
#404 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:40:42 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I think someone heard me complaining and whining! I just checked again and her box is out for delivery! I'm so happy to read that!

Now let's hope 2 weeks in transit didn't damage or tatter anything! lol

DeniseKenna Offline
#405 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:52:19 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
I think someone heard me complaining and whining! I just checked again and her box is out for delivery! I'm so happy to read that!

Now let's hope 2 weeks in transit didn't damage or tatter anything! lol

It's here, It's here!!!!! Don't even think about Dibs! NO WAY JOSE!!!!!
Thank you Gwynne!!!Such fantastc stuff! DD says you should be a proessional! I'd have to agree with her Laugh I was so amazed by your items and the colors are perfect for my house.
Here are photos and like I said, NO DIBS!!!

The Box!

Two Polka Dot Cards

Misting Spray

Phenominal Animal and Flower Art

Paperdoll Tags

Album!

Edited by user Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:50:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseKenna Offline
#406 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:00:27 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

OMG I don't think the photos do these justice. Thank you so much Gwynne!!!! You did such a wonderful job and I feel so blessed!Love Love Love

Love the cards...a la modes are my fav!
Cute cute sunshine and glimmer mist in oranges, blues and yellow to match my scraproom!
This frame is already hung in my bathroom along with my other poppy flower items!

Tags that fit my kiddos perfectly! Is that guitar player on the teen cart?
STEAMPUNK AWESOMENESS in a mini album...(what are those kind called, I need to make!)
The Perfect frame for our cruise photos! Great paper and those colors I love!!!
A "wreck this journal" as my dd called it (as she obsconded with my chocolate pretzels!) This will be great for summer. Did you bind papers that you had or did it come like this and you embelished?
DeniseE Offline
#407 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:30:44 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Beautiful boxes ladies.....we have a group of very talented ladies here.

Thank you for another great swap Gwynne

Denise
ScrappinGwen Offline
#408 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:21:55 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Denise - I'm so happy that you are enjoying your projects! Please tell your daughter thank you for the lovely compliment! I try my best to please! But you should pat yourself on the back as it was your answers that made this all possible! You are the one that threw down the challenge of wanting some steampunk but didn't know how that could be done with a springtime themed swap! It made for a fun challenge for me!

To answer your questions:

The mini album is one that I pretty much make every round but I love making this particular one and then stamping the tags with verses. It's my thing...

TracysTreasures24 has a utube video and it's call a flip pocket envie mini or something like that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsjvm-W-Z90

Also, that gift bag that held the glimmer mist is made out of one sheet of 12x12 paper and I thought was a perfect tutorial for our swaps we do here as we quite often need a little gift bag/box.

http://cosmocricket.type...-bag-video-tutorial.html

or here is other tutorial I actually followed: Feb. 27, 2013 box tutorial

http://tracysstampingcor...om/search/label/tutorial

The guitar teen is not from the teen cartridge but rather he is a cowboy from the Old West cartridge! lol Another perfect example of how we need to study our old cartridges to find hidden gems that can be adapted for other themes or purposes. Though his hair is from one of the paper doll cartridges as I had to cut off his cowboy hat and fix his head! lol The guitar is a metal die from MFT (My Favorite Things)

I also have to give out a special shout out to KelleyRooks for holding my hand while I figured out how to grunge up the frame. And then a special shout out to both Kelley and JeanP for being the extra sets of eyes to help me figure out what needed to be moved around or embellished more, re-sized, etc. to make that poppy frame all come together! I love it and I do believe it's now one of my all time favorite projects I've made here! You are lucky that it stayed wrapped in the box to you! lol

As for the junk journal - I joined the junk journal swap and needed a practice run so you were my guinea pig! ha ha! Actually, I've been wanting to make one for about a year now and have been collecting appropriate papers when I see them on sale. But wouldn't you know that most of what I've collected was vintage looking....which you don't like - so instead I just went thru my stacks of papers and pulled from the colors I know you prefer and chose papers that made me think of your daughter and your son. I just assume they might be 2 of your main topics to journal about! I only put in a couple pockets and tags for this one. So it's super simple, but effective and a starting point for you.

I love stamped phrases and I love finding phrases that are appropriate for the project I am working on - so I then went thru my collection of stamps to find different words and phrases to stamp onto most of the pages in the journal. That's what makes it fun to create!

So no, it was not a kit but rather a conglomeration of all my stash! I bound it with my BindItAll and I rounded all the corners with my Chomper.

So there you have it.

And enjoy it all!

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:38:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#409 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:46:02 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

This swap is 100% complete and I can't thank you all enough for being so quick to post your pictures for all of us to enjoy!

Thanks for making this round so easy and stress free!

JeanP Offline
#410 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:53:30 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 970 time(s) in 782 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseKenna Go to Quoted Post
OMG I don't think the photos do these justice. Thank you so much Gwynne!!!! You did such a wonderful job and I feel so blessed!Love Love Love

Love the cards...a la modes are my fav!
Cute cute sunshine and glimmer mist in oranges, blues and yellow to match my scraproom!
This frame is already hung in my bathroom along with my other poppy flower items!

Tags that fit my kiddos perfectly! Is that guitar player on the teen cart?
STEAMPUNK AWESOMENESS in a mini album...(what are those kind called, I need to make!)
The Perfect frame for our cruise photos! Great paper and those colors I love!!!
A "wreck this journal" as my dd called it (as she obsconded with my chocolate pretzels!) This will be great for summer. Did you bind papers that you had or did it come like this and you embelished?

Any one that gets Gwynne for a partner is one lucky lady!!!! (I have been onceSmile ) She does amazing work and certainly caters to her partner's likes and dislikes. I know she spends lots of time and effort in everything she makes.

I think it is all those extra little things that make a good box a great one!!!!!

This was great swap and everyone did a super job!!!!
Thanks Gwynne for another sucessful swapThumpUp

amylendall Offline
#411 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:57:32 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
This swap is 100% complete and I can't thank you all enough for being so quick to post your pictures for all of us to enjoy!

Thanks for making this round so easy and stress free!

a swap like this could never be so successful without a great host like you! so kudos to you for another great swap! pat yourself on the back from all of us!
planlady19 Offline
#412 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:17:30 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Gwynne WoW what a great box you did for Denise.

Denise you better hide it because if anyone is near it could come up missing.. stranger things have happen.. Enjoy it all.. Gwynne made me one of those mini's and I love it..

Gwynne thanks for posting the links have to keep them bookmarked for future reference.

Once again thanks for a great swap.

terri
DeniseKenna Offline
#413 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:03:00 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Thanks again Gwynne for a fantstic swap! So enjoyed it!
D
Scraprageous Offline
#414 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:17:24 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Gwynne - what a beautiful box you created. Thanks so much for the links - that tag mini is adorble!
KelleyRooks Offline
#415 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 4:18:49 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Wow what wonderful boxes in this swap....where is the green eyed emoticon when you need one...guess I will have to use the next best one Drool Drool Drool Drool as they were all very drool worthy.BigGrin