Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

carin.streit19611e680404 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:02:26 PM(UTC)
carin.streit19611e680404

Groups: Registered

I was trying to do an update on my Gypsy and was unable to do so because it said that the "Bridge" was not working. This just seems to be just one more disappointment in my Gypsy. When I did my last update, I noticed that there were some new links that were downloaded which I was very pleased to see, but when I tried to use one it would not cut because it said I was not authorized. I do not understand why one would be downloaded then unable to use it. Please send me any information that would make it easier to use my Gypsy. I am trying to use my Gypsy now, but I am very disappointed that I am not able to sync it to get it updated. I would appreciate any information. Thank you!
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:49:43 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carin.streit19611e680404 Go to Quoted Post
I was trying to do an update on my Gypsy and was unable to do so because it said that the "Bridge" was not working. This just seems to be just one more disappointment in my Gypsy. When I did my last update, I noticed that there were some new links that were downloaded which I was very pleased to see, but when I tried to use one it would not cut because it said I was not authorized. I do not understand why one would be downloaded then unable to use it. Please send me any information that would make it easier to use my Gypsy. I am trying to use my Gypsy now, but I am very disappointed that I am not able to sync it to get it updated. I would appreciate any information. Thank you!

Hello! The bridge error occurs when your antivirus program is not allowing Sync to work. You will need to manage the exceptions in your antivirus in order for the Gypsy to update. Here are the exceptions that need to be added:
Exceptions to add:
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder

If you are unable to add these exceptions please call customer support at 877-7cricut. We can sertainly assist you.

-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
carin.streit19611e680404 on 1/24/2013(UTC)
carin.streit19611e680404 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:04:19 PM(UTC)
carin.streit19611e680404

Thank you very much for getting back to me as quickly as you did! I do have one more question when i was able to sync my gypsy in the past, I did notice 2 new downloads, which I really do appreciate; but I am not able to use them. Is this normal? Should I be able to use them?
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carin.streit19611e680404 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you very much for getting back to me as quickly as you did! I do have one more question when i was able to sync my gypsy in the past, I did notice 2 new downloads, which I really do appreciate; but I am not able to use them. Is this normal? Should I be able to use them?

Hello again! We are currently offering "Free Cuts" in Cricut Craft Room. The benefit for Gypsy owners is that if you sync your Gypsy during the time that they are entitled to your account, and if they are Gypsy compatible images, they will download to your Gypsy temporarily. These cartridges are free for a week, after that week if you sync your Gypsy the entitlements will be removed and possibly replaced by new cartridges. I hope this helps answer your questions!

-Cricut Gena