Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Godot's Girl Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:17:11 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2984 time(s) in 1793 post(s)
My J's has NEVER honored the on-line sale price. I will have to try that number. I cannot get the Coordinations paper to cut right in my machine, but there have been other sale items I would really have liked to have had. GG
Cassie Offline
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:51:50 AM(UTC)
Cassie

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 255 post(s)
LMBO!! I wish I would have remembered to write the code down and of course, the store I went to has terrible cell connection, so I couldn't pull up the msgboard on my phone. I'm just glad I walked away with something.

Originally Posted by: CraftyMel Go to Quoted Post
did you tell her "Hey, try that CraftyMel code, I hear they wrote that just for her yesterday"? I bet it woulda worked ;)

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2013 7:33:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrap.n.sista Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:05:59 PM(UTC)
scrap.n.sista

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks so much for the info!! I went to JoAnn's and bought 4 packs of the paper, my JoAnn's also has the smooth paper for 12.99, I printed the page on JoAnn's.com and they honored the 1.99 price anyway!!! No problems! Yay!!!
LizVellali Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:40:07 AM(UTC)
LizVellali

United States

Was thanked: 4286 time(s) in 2386 post(s)
They are back in stock online....run..... LOL
 2 users thanked LizVellali for this useful post.
imnchghere on 1/25/2013(UTC), mandys on 1/25/2013(UTC)
mandys Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:12:35 AM(UTC)
mandys

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
ordered 4 packs, even with shipping still a great deal!
Scrapcrazzee Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:10:28 PM(UTC)
Scrapcrazzee

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I just ordered 8 packs. 6 for a friend and 2 for me lets see if I get them. I hope so, I got 8 for less than 2 would had cost me in the store. I will let you know if I get them.

Candice
MommaG Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 4:57:17 PM(UTC)
MommaG

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 13 post(s)
They appear to be sold out again. Fortunately, I printed the pages from their site and went to my local Joann's. They did a price over ride for it...no problem.

Thanks for the heads up to the OP for letting us know. I certainly did not NEED the paper but who can pass on such a great dealBigGrin

Now if we can somehow find this same deal for the Xyron refills. I have slowed down shopping at Joann's. Especially since they no longer accept coupons for them. I depended on that!! Will have to shop elsewhere. Oh well. Happy scrapping everyone.
imnchghere Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:11:38 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I placed an order yesterday also. I got 2 of ea, but will likely wish I had ordered more. I agree with MommaG about needing a good deal on Xyron refills. I usually get them at M's with a cpn. Didn't realize that J's no longer took cpns on them.
Mari Offline
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:29:52 PM(UTC)
Mari

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Thank you to Cowgirlup for posting this info. I printed off copies, conveniently posted by Cowgirlup:), and went to my J's> At first they told me that they run different ads and do not price match but I politely told them that they do. The clerk was very polite and called a manager, discovering with a surprised look that they do indeed price match. Yay! I bought 4 Tim Holtz paper packs and 2 each of the others. I am well stocked for paper now, not that I needed any but who could resist such a deal. Thanks again !!!
ditskid Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:40:22 AM(UTC)
ditskid

United States

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Thank you cowgirlup for the sale info! Not that I "needed" any paper at all!!!! But I happily printed off several of the pages from the site and went to one of our Js. They happily matched those that rang up full price, though interstingly many of them rang up at 1.99 and their wall was fully stocked! ( Columbia, MD - if anyone is local).
Thank you again for enabling us!!
:)
BigGrin
nursedmk Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:14:56 AM(UTC)
nursedmk

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Yes, again thank you for the heads up!!

I made a trip to both of my Joann's both of them price matched without hesitation. I did have all the printouts just in case. The second one I went to was fully stocked and I am very proud of myself that I actually left some on the shelf!!!LOL It was hard but I did it!!! My daughter asked "do you really need any more paper mom" and I calmly answered Do you really need another scarf!!!

I did notice that the price online went back up and none of the prices at the store rang up 1.99. The check out girl was happy I didn't clear them out as she was going to get some!!! She even offered to special order anymore I might want.

It was a very pleasant experience, even though my parents were upset as I was under the weather and got really sick on Sunday, even went to an urgent care but I told her I would will her the paper!!!

Have a great day and to those you got in on the deal, enjoy your paper,

dena
TerpsFan Offline
#42 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:47:33 AM(UTC)
TerpsFan

Was thanked: 208 time(s) in 89 post(s)
My local store would not price match. The manager on duty said that the price difference was too much and the best she would do was 50% off. I just talked to someone at the Joann Customer Service number and she told me that this was a Website Exclusive Sale and should not be honored at the stores for that reason. She said that stores that were doing it were wrong. Who to believe?
Mari Offline
#43 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:05:20 PM(UTC)
Mari

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TerpsFan Go to Quoted Post
My local store would not price match. The manager on duty said that the price difference was too much and the best she would do was 50% off. I just talked to someone at the Joann Customer Service number and she told me that this was a Website Exclusive Sale and should not be honored at the stores for that reason. She said that stores that were doing it were wrong. Who to believe?

Well that stinks. I really think that everyone interprets their own policies differently. I did look up the price match pledge before I went to make sure that I was within the boundaries and found that I was. No where does it say exclusives are exempt nor did the paper ad state that it was an exclusive so that is just bunk. Clearance, doorbusters,and the like are excluded. What is the point of a pledge if they won't honor it. I tried to copy and paste the pledge but had no luck, either user error, computer error or simply a Monday thing lol.I am feeling even luckier to have scored the deal and bummed for those who couldn't.
sharrison57196d0f341 Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:11:55 PM(UTC)
sharrison57196d0f341

My Joann's Didn't have a problem matching the price and even did it for the 12 X 12 paper packs. I got two of the 12 X 12, 3 of the 8.5 X 11 and 2 of the other packs. I am stocked up and I am just a newbie at all this.

BigGrin
Its-ONLY-Money! Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:20:22 PM(UTC)
Its-ONLY-Money!

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Since I work at a Joann's, I can give you some insight on why some things may have happened.

First, stores ARE supposed to price match to our website as long as: you have either on your phone or printed copy of the price to be matched to. With exceptions: clearance, and web sale ONLY exclusives.

The price difference would have required a manager approval.

Keep in mind, the online store and ground stores are two separate companies. Think of it this way: you go to Micheals and want to buy something but they are out of stock. So you bring your ad to Joanns to price match. If Micheals is out of stock, we are not their raincheck alternative. Same with the online.

I have pricematched from online before, and from other stores, however I call the other store or look up on our online site (which as a employee I have more ways to check to see if an item is in stock then consumers) if we still have the product in stock. If not, no pricematch.

As far as differences from store to store, we have them daily from employee to employee. If you ever want the reason on that, PM me, and Ill be glad to share. Not doing it in public tho.
 1 user thanked Its-ONLY-Money! for this useful post.
Leanner on 1/30/2013(UTC)
Its-ONLY-Money! Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:21:35 PM(UTC)
Its-ONLY-Money!

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 51 post(s)
oh and if it was a website exclusve (the current paper sale) I have no idea, as its not on sale any longer. Couldnt tel ya. It also may have been a clearance price, the stores are about to reset papercrafting.
CowgirlUp Offline
#47 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:40:00 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Its-ONLY-Money! Go to Quoted Post
oh and if it was a website exclusve (the current paper sale) I have no idea, as its not on sale any longer. Couldnt tel ya. It also may have been a clearance price, the stores are about to reset papercrafting.

Just for the future How are we to know if its a web exclusive sale? I didn't see anywhere on the page that it said it was a Web exclusive.
scrapalette Offline
#48 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:53:24 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CowgirlUp Go to Quoted Post
Just for the future How are we to know if its a web exclusive sale? I didn't see anywhere on the page that it said it was a Web exclusive.

The ones you posted links to weren't web exclusives, but some of the other packs that were on sale were. Those said ONLINE ONLY under the photos.

My store price matched both the cardstock and the vellum with the print out from the website without question and without a manager.
TerpsFan Offline
#49 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:53:55 PM(UTC)
TerpsFan

Originally Posted by: CowgirlUp Go to Quoted Post

That's exactly what I asked the customer service rep and she said you need to call them and they will tell you, which sounds like BS to me. But according to her they get lots of calls each day for that reason.
 1 user thanked TerpsFan for this useful post.
CowgirlUp on 1/28/2013(UTC)
TerpsFan Offline
#50 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:56:28 PM(UTC)
TerpsFan

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
The ones you posted links to weren't web exclusives, but some of the other packs that were on sale were. Those said ONLINE ONLY under the photos.

My store price matched both the cardstock and the vellum with the print out from the website without question and without a manager.

I don't know if Online Only is the same as Web Exclusive Sale. Online Only might mean it's only available online, not sold in the stores?
MHenderson1 Offline
#51 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 3:18:00 PM(UTC)
MHenderson1

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
My Joann's told me as long as I had the page printed out from the website that they would price match. I snagged two of the 160 packs: the Manager and staff were great about it, no problems at all. I am sorry that so many of you had problems with the price matching. I don't know why one store would do it and the others wouldn't. For those of you that live in the Riverside, CA, area try the Joann's Superstore off of Day St. That is the one I went to; also, I did check the Michael's that is in the same shopping center and they said that they also, price match. I hope that this helps some of you during future sales!
mandys Offline
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:32:26 AM(UTC)
mandys

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
I didn't get any of the ones I ordered online! Bummer, should have gone to the store while it was still on sale Mad but they did send me the full price fabric I ordered...
Scrapcrazzee Offline
#53 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 5:36:28 PM(UTC)
Scrapcrazzee

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I received all 8 packs I ordered today. Not sure i really needed more paper but couldn't pass up the deal. Of course my friends sons kindergarten class will really enjoy the price and money they were able to save.

Candice