Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5960616263>»
Lizzy Offline
#1801 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:38:44 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi friends.....it was a lazy day here. I watched lots of football. My 49er's won which made me happy. I didn't care so much about the other game although I did watch the end of it. I went to Kohl's and spent my Kohl's Cash and used my 30% off coupon. I only bought coffee for my Keurig, so I'm set for awhile now.

I'm working on the laundry and still have to finish up some grading. Some of it just got to be too tedious and boring for me. I have my lesson plans made for the first several days of the week so I'm set for a few days on that. I just need to get those started which I might do tonight. I haven't started the holiday decos yet.

I haven't mentioned it, but the muscles on my left side (ribs) are incredibly sore. They first hurt when I was coughing so much when I had the flu. Then, they were almost healed when I hurt them again. Now, they are so painful, I could just about die. This is far worse than when they first hurt from coughing. I found some vicodin in the cupboard and am going to take it tonight. I'm desperate.

Tomorrow, the ATT guy is coming to switch us from the local cable company to ATT U-Verse. Terry, especially, is very excited. I am, too. Our local cable service has really been terrible the last 6-12 months...probably longer. We have tolerated it because the only options were satellite which wasn't an option for us. We are hoping this will work for us.

I did find out that the chick from Friday night proceeded to get more and more hysterical Friday night and to drink more and to blow the conflict out of proportion. She got more drunk and when she left, she drove her car off the road and down an embankment, totaling it. Luckily, she wasn't injured beyond a scratch. The general feeling is that she is seriously in need of psychiatric care, but no one is quite sure how to proceed. The more hysterical she got, the more her story changed. Whew! What a hot mess. It's good I left.

Rhonda, congrats to your teams for winning! And, I'm glad you have your old job just about completely wrapped up. I hope now you can spend your free time on the things you like to do.

We would likely live in the Cary area...perhaps Morrisville. I can't imagine living anywhere else. Terry doesn't want to drive very far to work! LOL We are talking about going there in April and scoping it out to make sure we would want to live there. I want him to take a map and draw an area that he would consider living in...essential the boundaries outlining how far he would be willing to drive.

Well, I'm going to go here and see about working on my lesson plans. I'll check in tomorrow. Everyone take care.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1802 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:27:07 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning!

Lizzy sorry about the drunk chick. They didn't arrest her for drunk driving when she totaled her car? Sure hope she finds some help. Maybe when you visit NC in April and you like it, you could just stay? Also, if your muscle are very painful and it doesn't ease up, you need to hightail it to the doctor. Sounds like Pleurisy in which case you should be taking Advil ATC.

Paula sounds like fun with tour and snuggling those babies. Glad you found the fire relaxing.

Rhonda three cheers for the home teams! So are you a giants fan or a Ravens fan?

Nancy can't wait to see some of Riley's photos. Make sure you post your scrapbook pages. I'll bet he had a few stories to share. How fun!

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2013 11:01:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1803 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:22:12 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies!!

Wow Carrie, there is never a dull moment around you!!! :)
I am very glad to hear your incision is healing up and it is feeling better!
What a wild room mate situation with Jon!! Do you wonder if he would have said anything if you hadn't questioned him?? Boys!! (I think that would so be my DS, not saying anything) At least he knew enough to remove himself from the situation! I sure hope the new place works out and you can get off the lease agreement and whatever else you have to sort out.
I didn't realize you were leaving for FLA so soon. Enjoy yourself!! Try to relax a bit. :)

Lizzy, I think that out of control lady's actions will speak for themself!! I would think everyone can see she is spiraling down and I hope they know you were just caught in the whirlwind. I think you're right, the more distance you can put between you two the better. It's like trying to hold a fire and telling it not to burn you, better to not pick it up!!
I hope the new cable arrangement works out better for you. Are you off today? The schools are around here.

Rhonda, it sounds like you had a productive weekend! I am glad you are wrapping things up at the old job. I am thinking closure on that will be good. A bit bittersweet. I am so glad you are at this point with a new job though!!!

Pat, how was your weekend?

Nancy, are things getting back to normal for you at home? Has Riley adjusted to being back?

I have a pot of soup on. It will be for dinner here and for lunch at Cathy's. I am going over there today since her DH will be going back to work. It sounds like she is just fine but it's a good excuse to spend the day together. Serina will come at some point. She will work a couple hours today too, not sure if she is working morning or afternoon. They are flexable and let her choose. Normally she works two hours every day after school. I wish we could watch the Miss America pageant together but DH taped it on VHS and Cathy doesn't have a VHS player.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1804 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:30:42 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hey it's snowing here!!! Woot, woot!! They say we are supposed to get some lake effect snow today. I will believe it when I see it. The ground has a light dusting from last night but it is starting up again. I really don't mind not having to deal with the snow so far this year but if we get some I will be happy to use our snowshoes that we made last year. =D
Flee57 Offline
#1805 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:35:30 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Geeeeezzzzz, it took me forever to get in here tonight.

Our trip to Ft Wayne was good...cold but sunny until we got closer to Ft Wayne and hit heavy snow squalls. We stayed a couple hours and had lunch with everyone. My Sister's new house is beautiful but it's the first time I'm ever seen any of her houses in disarray...full of boxes and walls not painted yet. Can't wait to see it when she's done. speaking of snow squalls, there was a few this afternoon in cinci and like a 90 car pileup on the highway. Looked horrible. A 12 year old was hit by a car when she got out of hers and was killed. Very freak accident.

I think everything of this week has caught up with me. I'm just run down. Hated that I was made to close Curves today but glad I didn't have to...I just wouldn't have been able to. I'm feeling better tonight though

Carrie, sorry about all the drama but glad your incision is better.

Lizzy, the drunk lady is lucky she wasn't hurt. I will be looking to see how far of a drive it will be to Carey :)

Hope everyone else had a great weekend...hopefully it was a long one for you.

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#1806 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:56:16 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Oh, meant to tell you all that my Niece went to the innauguration. she's got some great pics on FB. I'm surprised she didn't telll everyone she'd be up there in 2024 LOL she was very excited about being there!
Lizzy Offline
#1807 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:38:45 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...we got our new ATT cable TV, internet, and phone service today. Terry is playing with it and I hope all of you got an email from me with me new email address. If you did not...please let me know and I'll send it out to you again. I did get some back saying I had the incorrect email addresses.

I also saw my therapist and talked with her about the encounter with the drunk chick. She had pretty much the same reaction as you folks: bad news. Nothing good will come of this situation. I am going to steer clear of the entire situation. She has some serious problems. I will decline to speak with anyone about it, either. It's just an unfortunate situation and it happened almost 1.5 years ago. She dredged it up and it should have been left alone. Enough said. She has some serious, unaddressed problems and someone will have to take the lead on them...but it is not going to be me unless I am slapped in the face with them.

I cannot understand why she was not taken in by the police officer who went to the accident when she rolled her car down the embankment. She had to have been obviously drunk...so what gave there?

Anyway...tomorrow will be interesting!

Carrie, I'm so glad you will be able to go to Florida and get away from the craziness of your situation there with the roommate who engages in dangerous behaviors and whose parents join him in his denial. I have no patience for parents who, instead of listening to other parents who have their children's best interests at heart, get angry at those parents. I've had those same sort of experiences and just felt really angry when I had the phones slammed in my ear when I told parents of their children's drinking only to be told I was over-reacting. (Of course, two years later, it was their daughter who spent the night in jail for a DUI....)

I think Jon would have told you anyway...even though you asked him. Obviously he had already planned his move-out. He is a responsible kid! I'm impressed.

Pat it sounds like you are planning another trip to Gettysburg. Sounds good!

Sorry friends...I've got to run.....I'll be back later unless I get too tied up with other things.

Lizzy Offline
#1808 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 11:08:13 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

OK....I'm back. Sorry I had to make a hasty retreat! Anyway, I'm back. I've been messing with setting up my email on my phone and computer all evening. I was going to cut some paper for work, got out my cutter, but then misplaced it and never found it again. What a looney!

Anyway, I wanted to comment on the tragedy of the car wreck in Ohio and the girl who got killed. I have always told my girls if they are in an accident on the freeway....unless the car is on fire or at risk of getting on fire/exploding, DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR! The risk of them getting hit by another car in the aftermath is just too great. I see accidents almost every day with people standing around and the cars whizzing past while people mill around, standing BETWEEN the cars and I think, "it's another accident waiting to happen." So sad.

Laurie, I'm glad you didn't have to work today and could recuperate.

I did not get to all my work this weekend...but I think if I could ever get over this pain in my side/back/ribs, I could get it done. It feels better today, so perhaps I am on the mend. I don't think it is pleurisy, Carrie, because it really seems like it's just muscular.

I hope you get some snow, Paula, so you get to try out your snowshoes! LOL

My friend texted me tonight and apparently the drunk chick from Friday night did get a DUI and was at the hospital for quite a few hours before she was released. That alone will give her lots of grief. I don't know what she will do for a car unless her parents bail her out and get her a car today. I wonder if she will be flapping her gums all about it tomorrow at work or if she will be real quiet about it. Apparently the ONLY people who know about it are the few who were still at the party when she melted down and me. My lips are sealed. So I don't know what will happen. I will silently stand by and see what ensues!

Well, I've got to go and do a few things before hitting the hay. I probably will not go to sleep for awhile since I'm caught up on my sleep! Everyone have a great week.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1809 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:42:08 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies.

It is so cold here!! All of the schools around us are closed. Except ours. Very strange. We only got a couple inches of snow but it's like 5 degrees out. Minus seventeen with wind chill factor.
It's monster house day and their school is closed so we will be cleaning around people. Bored
Lizzy, my grampa worked on the road commission and was killed by a driver. I always get mad when I see people zooming through construction sites. When tay was little we got a flat tire on the way home from the cottage. I made him get up on the hillside, he was upset because there were bugs (he is allergic to bees) And being the caring person I am (hehehe) I said "would you rather get stung or hit by a car??"

Lizzy, I hope today goes well for you. Yes, I think avoiding "drunk chick" at all cost is a good idea!

OK, off and running...sure wish I didn't have to go outside today. :)
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1810 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:01:49 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Well, I just got my wish...monster house called and canceled. Her husband decided since everyone else is home that he would work from home today. So we moved it to friday. I don't like leaving it till the end of the week but it is better than skipping it I guess.

So what is everyone else up to?

Rhonda, you usually get the weather before us. Did you get some snow? I think today is mostly lake effect here. They are saying another inch or two. Not much.

imnchghere Offline
#1811 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:40:31 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning everyone. Lots of challenging times going on here. Hopefully everything will start working out.
The past few days have been spent working on prep for society stuff. Mainly the meeting in April, which is in Gettysburg. We drove up twice, but I have it all under control. I still need to arrange for an afternoon tea gathering as well as a wine tasting, but that can all be done on line.
Getting accustomed to the new furniture. I think I am going to see about cushions for the chairs. I know that is something I can make and I have a perfect fabric in my stash, but I will watch Kohls in case I get a 30% cpn.

This week I am going to take advantage of the free cuts in CCR. Lots of spring and Easter. I have one of the carts, so I will just be doing cuts from the other 2.
I am also working on page kits for the crop in March. This involves printing pictures, so a lot of time sorting and picking the ones I want. I won't have anything else to work on at the crop, so I want to go well prepared.
And I have started back on the purging project. I am going to spend more time on the craft room and figuring out what needs to go.

Carrie, safe travels to you today and enjoy the sunshine and warmth. It will be good for you.

rm920 Offline
#1812 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:35:41 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good evening all...

Paula, glad you did not have to go out in the cold. But you will still have to clean, and maybe a bigger project after everyone being home. No we did not get any snow...just cold temps. We have temps in the teens for a day or two then temps in the 50's for a day or two. Sure has been a weird weather pattern. We have only had an inch or so of snow this year.

Pat, hope you get all the details worked out for the Gettysburg meeting. Glad you are checking things off your list.

Lizzy, sounds like that young lady has some problems. At least you just left and didn't have anything to do with her actions. Was she at school today? Sure hope your ribs/back/side get better real soon. That sounds so uncomfortable.

Carrie, hope you are in Florida by now enjoying the warm sun. You have had your share of drama lately. Relax and enjoy yourself. As for the super bowl - no real favorites. Will probably root for the Ravens. What about you?

Laurie, have you recouped from all your travels. You have had some nasty weather.

Nothing exciting here. Watching KU/KState basketball now. Will got to Hornet basketball tomorrow night.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1813 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:50:50 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good Morning from sunny but cool Florida. However, looking at the single digit temperatures north of here, I am glad I am here.

Pat I will have to check out the free cuts. I don't have my bug here but I know someone who has one. LOL Check out Overstock.com for chair cushions. You can get some good deals on those.

Paula stay warm. Brrrr! I think it's too cold to snow there. LOL What did you do on your "day off"?

Rhonda I haven't decided who to root for in the Super Bowl. I'll have too look and see who I know of on each team, I guess. Right now i am soaking up Australian Open Tennis and Michigan Basketball. I am so excited to have a good team since the Fab 5. Enjoy your Hornets.

Lizzy what car wreck in Ohio? You aren't referring to Jenna's good friend, are you? I haven't heard about another car wreck. DS Jon lost a good friend the other day too. Kid was working out and school and collapsed. So very sad! Glad to hear drunk, nasty girl got the DUI. She needs a good solid wake up call.

Laurie good to hear your trips went well. There have been a lot of pile ups on the Freeways lately. Stay safe.

Well I have to help mom. More later.
imnchghere Offline
#1814 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:50:04 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. it is brrrrrr cold here today. Only 10* when I got up, and a whopping 12* now.

I had a productive day yesterday. Gettysburg is taken care of. I also cleaned my cricut mats while I did updates on the computer. Then I made cuts in CCR. Turns out I have 2 of the free carts, so I am just utilizing April Showers. These are all for cards, so it is quick/easy for sizes. I am using scraps for the cuts, so accomplishing a little purging while I am at it.
I also rode the bike for 2 miles while watching a dvr'd program. I am riding again today and plan to go a little further.

A friend had pinned a page map for a dbl LO using 11 photos. It is perfect for gingerbread pages, so I am going to print those pictures today.

Gettysburg is taken care of, so I can set that aside for now. I am sure something will come up that I need to deal with, but nothing major.

I've also been working a bit on my research. I found some records that don't match the info I have, so I need to figure that all out.

That about covers my day. How is everyone else's week going?

Lizzy Offline
#1815 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:05:26 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good Wednesday afternoon, friends!

Yesterday and today have been absolutely the most whirlwind days, I feel like either the days are spinning or my head is. We are getting ready for the ROYAL VISIT regarding math and I'll just be glad when it's over! They will be there from 1:15 until around 2:30. I know what I'm teaching, I've gone over it time and time again....yet I'm nervous. Our Principal told us we are doing everything we are supposed to do, etc. yet we are all nervous. How ridiculous! I want to redo my poster tonight....NEUROTIC!

I am still working on updating my bulletin boards, but I had to leave school immediately when the students left so I had no time to work in the classroom today. I am thinking I will try to get in early tomorrow and get it done then...plus work through lunch. Plus, my students will be writing tomorrow so all of that will allow me to do what I need to do for the bulletin boards. I'll be glad when that is done.

After work tomorrow, there is a big meeting about the early retirement incentive, so I'll be going to that. Grrr...busy week.

I made a plane reservation today to go to Houston. Sarah and Yosh are narrowing down their wedding date to April. She wants to get her dress and hopefully select a venue for a dinner/party after the ceremony. Plus, they need to decide if they will go to the courthouse for the ceremony or perhaps have the judge go to the dinner/party and perform the ceremony. It's all exciting and good!

It sounds like the bitter cold weather has hit Michigan and maybe Indiana...probably Minnesota, too. Brrrrrrrrr......

Pat, you are continuing to purge and organize! Good going! Good luck with your chair cushions!

Carrie, enjoy Florida and put the problems of OHio behind you. THe car crash I referred to occurred last weekend on one of the freeways. Laurie had told us about it, but then I also saw the story about it on the internet.

What else...not much. My to do list is way too long to even think about right now. I'm overwhelmed and need another few days off to get organized.

Everyone take care. I'll talk to you later.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1816 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:55:22 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies.

Well, the snow has hit. I think we got about 6 inches today. (just my guess) The news just said there is more lake effect snow coming tonight, 2-7 inches depending on the area it hits. It's about 18 degrees. Don't think I will be snowshoeing in that!!

I am heading to bed but wanted to pop in quick. I am heading out early to my Thur. house because my return mamo is tomorrow when I normally would be finishing up the house. So..I will check in later tomorrow.

Night!! :)
lizzyea Offline
#1817 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:44:13 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

I hope all goes well tomorrow, Paula. I will be thinking about you and praying for your health. And drive safely on those snow-covered roads.

Laurie it was great talking to you tonight.

I have all the holiday stuff put away except for a few flower arrangements, the holiday wrapping and bags, and boxes, and my newest snowman who is just waaaaay too sweet to put away just yet. All the gift wrap is in the guest room which is a dumping ground for lots of stuff. I will get to it after Kat decides which furniture she wants to inherit.

I hope to go to work early and possibly also work through lunch to have everything done for the royal visit. But we'll see how all that goes. In the meantime, I've got to go to sleep. Nite all.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1818 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:45:07 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

I can't even discribe how beautiful it is out. Everything is covered in white. I think we have a foot of snow. All the schools are closed. Too bad I have to go out there!!

Lizzy, I hope the royal visit goes well. I know you will do great. I also hope you get some good info at the meeting.

Have to run, travel is going to be slow today!
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#1819 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:01:29 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 800 time(s) in 450 post(s)
Oh, how I envy you the white stuff!!

It will be 80 degrees here in South Texas today...Glare Glare Glare ThumbDown
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1820 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:28:32 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Well, I get the lovely privilege of having a biopsy. ugh! I was hoping to get away without that but I would rather they check it out if they think it is needed. So...once again I changed my dr. appt. (only the third time) Blink I will have the biopsy next Wed. and see the dr. the next week on Thur. Ready to have this behind me. :)

Other than that...Dh. has a meeting tonight and then straight to hockey. DS is not going to hockey because he hurt his knee sliding Tue. Need to come up with something easy for DS and I for dinner. (take out??? Love )

So what is everyone up to??

I think I will pass on the 80* right now. Since we have not had snow this year I am kind of liking it. Wouldn't mind a bit of sunshine thought. It's a hard time of year here for many because it is so grey. Being next to the lake we have a lot of clouds. I do really like the change of seasons.

DS is making Grandma Gordon's cheesecake and then we are going to play a video game we used to play. Relaxing afternoon.
Oh, except for the fact that some friends brought their kids to slide on our hill. (7 kids and 3 adults) The dogs are making me nuts with their running from window to window and barking.

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2013 1:31:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1821 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:39:00 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good evening.

This morning I ran to Sam's Club with mom. I got one of those improve your brain power books and have been doing puzzles most of the day. It was gorgeous here today. We even went for a boat ride this afternoon. And, tomorrow is supposed to be even better.

Paula I have been thinking and praying for you all day. I am glad they are doing a biopsy. I hate the sit and wait 6 months and wonder what I ought to be doing. Now I will continue to pray for you all the way through to next week. I love the snow photos. They seen so beautiful and harmless when I am sitting her in shorts and a t-shirt.

Lizzy you had me confused with your different log ins. Hope the Royal Visit goes smoothly. Is the wedding this April? That is only 2 months away so I would hardly think so.

Pat most of your days seem pretty productive to me. You always seem to be doing something. I do love CCR. I wish I could link my gypsy carts to it too.

Rhonda I am going to have to go with the Harbaugh that quarterbacked for Michigan for my superbowl pic. Enjoy your Hornets.

Well we are watching Michigan basketball. It is so fun to watch. Not much in the way of crafting except I decorated flip flops yesterday for my mom. They are for a boat party next week.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1822 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:18:48 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hi Carrie, I hope you are soaking up some sunshine down there!! If you get a chance, put your toes in the sand for me. :)
I have a book with all different kinds of challenges, puzzles ect. that helps me use my brain. You reminded me though, I want DS to get out his old Nintendo DS game so I can use the Brain Age game. So he is digging that out now.
Thanks for your prayers Carrie. Truly I am not stressing over this. I am taking one step at a time. If they determine it is cancer I will have a double mastectomy, something I should have done when my genetic testing came back but I just didn't want to face that big surgery. Then I will also have to decide if I will do reconstruction. Another big surgery I don't want to go through. hmmm... I don't have a surgeon here so I will need to decide on that too. What they are looking at are very very tiny, not like the lumps I found before so I am not alarmed.
Ok, enough of that. I wanted to share the info so you guys know. I don't want anyone to be upset or stress about it because I am not. I do appreciate your prayers though, that always helps! :)

I am wondering what everyone is up to. Must be busy.

Nancy, how is Riley doing adjusting to life in the states again?

Laurie, did you get a chance to catch up on your sleep after your cross country treck?
How is your dad doing?

Rhonda, have your wrapped up the work at the old place?

Lizzy, how did your extra long day go?
I was wondering about which April too. That would be some fast planning!!!

Pat, what are you busy with these days? Have you picked out paint colors? I am glad you like the new dining room set.

Tay and I had fun playing the old Sega game. Lots of laughs. We ordered pizza too. He went and picked it up, that was a nice treat!!

lizzyea Offline
#1823 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:33:15 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! It's Lizzy here. I had no idea that when I changed my email address it would change my profile so drastically. I tried to change my profile back, but nothing would work. I'll keep trying.....but you know how that goes! LOL

Paula, your photos were really pretty. I liked the one out your front driveway the best. The colors of the sky really cast and lovely color. I'm so glad you and Tay had a nice evening and he even went out to get the pizza! What a guy!!

I don't know what to say about the breast issue. You have a fabulous attitude about the entire situation. I will also pray for you and for the wisdom of the medical personnel working with you. Just stay in touch with us, please. You know how I feel and how much I care about you.

I wish I were up there with you in all this snow...especially the first day or two when it is so fresh and untouched!

Carrie, I'm so glad you are relaxed and enjoying the sun and warm temperatures with your parents. It is well-deserved for you!

Rhonda, what is going on with you? Are you getting used to your job and settling into it? What sort of activities do you have planned for the weekend?

Nancy, how are you and your family? Has your class started yet? If so, how is it going?

Pat, I know you are busy with your upcoming meeting and with your never-ending purging! Someday, it will end!!

Laurie, I tried to call you tonight...but...well, you know how that story goes!

OK...now my story. Yes, in fact, Sarah IS getting married this April. It will be a small, civil ceremony. Not much planning going on there. She will wear a street-length dress right off the rack. They will either have the judge go to the venue or go to the courthouse. Afterwards they want to celebrate with their friends at a dinner or at a cocktail party. She would be happy to just serve beer and wine, but her fiance wants to serve beer, wine, and hard liquor. That's about all the decisions they have made.

Right now, she is overwhelmed with her new job to be making lots of plans, so I am quickly becoming the "wedding planner." Fortunately, they do not wants lots of "foo-foo" stuff like flowers and other unnecessary such things. They do not want to spend any unnecessary money because it is not in line with their values. Their guest list doesn't even top 30 and is probably closer to 25. So, we are talking small, intimate, simple.

The Royal Visit went well as far as I could tell. They did come into my room. My students were PERFECT. They told me when the Royals came in, I got nervous. (yeah!) But, it's over now. Whew! I feel like an enormous weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Afterwards, I went to a retirement meeting which outlined the incentive that the school district is offering. It isn't as good as the one they offered about 5 years ago...but...oh well!

My boards looked much better, now I still have to put up one more set of papers...which will be a stinker to put up...but if I work on them next week, I should get that accomplished by the end of the week. I want to put them around the top of the room which will be hard for a shorty like me!

OK...I am going to sign off for now and take it easy for awhile! Everyone take care.

rm920 Offline
#1824 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 6:00:04 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Paula, the pictures are beautiful. The snow is so serene. I wish we would get some snow, really I would be happy with any moisture. Game night with old games and pizza sounds like a great way to spend and evening. And you had Grandma Gordon's cheesecake to go with it! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Keep up the positive attitude. Is today the day you do the house that canceled earlier in the week?

Lizzy, glad the Royal Visit went well and it is over. DD's small personal ceremony sounds like it will be just what they want - at that is what it is all about! Congrats to them. And you are the wedding planner - how wonderful that they want you to do it for them. Hope you can get all your retirement plans lined out and the rest of your work days speed by.

Carrie, enjoy the sun and sand. And the brain games. It is just what you need to help you relax and recoup from all that was going on in your life. And a great way to help the body heal from your surgery.

Nancy, anything new in your neck of the woods? What is DS doing now that he is back in the states? I know he is still telling stories of his adventures. How is the tax information input coming along?

Pat, did you get your cuts made? I haven't used the Big E in a while. Might try to put it to use on Sunday. How far are you from Gettysburg? I have been there once and would love to return again. Any progress on your remodel project?

Laurie, have you rested up from all your travels? Glad it all went well.

Nothing exciting here. I have been working a bit of overtime and tax work is starting to trickle in. I don't like that it cuts into crafting time, but love the $$$ that I earn that I get to spend on crafting supplies and traveling to see my crafting friends! I do need to come up with a baby shower card for next weekend.

We are still so very dry. We do have a chance of rain on Saturday night into Sunday so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
imnchghere Offline
#1825 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:25:57 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Friday morning everyone.. A little snow here yesterday and a little more today. I don't think it was/will be measurable, although they are saying an inch. The cold is another issue and this is the coldest winter we have had in 2 yrs. Bright side is we will be near 50 next week. I think we will be above freezing tomorrow.
Paula, keep that positive attitude and I will keep you in my prayers. Great pictures of the snow. On the radar it looks like you are getting more today. ??? That much snow cripples our area due to the traffic.
Lizzy, sounds like things are going well with school, and Sarah's wedding is all about them, so small and intimate is perfect. Enjoy helping her make it that way. I will have to say I look forward to you retiring maybe in NC. We are down there so much, I am sure I will get to see you for at least a short visit now and then.
Rhonda, Gettysburg is no more than 45 mins north. Jim enjoys visiting the battlefield and museums, not me so much. But then, we have been there so many times, it has gotten boring. His ancestors fought there as did some of mine, but different sides and times. I discovered a new scrapbook store this last trip, so my plan is to get back and check it out. There used to be 2 tea rooms, but they have both closed.
Carrie, I am glad you are having a good time in FL. I could stand to improve my brain power. Maybe I should look into some puzzle type books. I keep playing with CCR and learning a bit more each time. I need to figure out either how to get my CDS cuts to work there though. Maybe I will just have to rebuild them.

Well, I need to get back to work here. Laundry to put away and some Easter/spring cards to sort and put in baggies. I want to work on a little research today also and find the birth date of a great aunt.
Hello to Laurie and Nancy. Hope everyone is having a productive day.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1826 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 1:42:29 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Monster house is done, hurray!

Just ordered Chinese. DH is in Chicago with BIL at a sailboat show at Navy Pier. So my sis is going to join us. DS went to pick it up.

I am really tired. I was a bit sore yesterday from shoveling and very tired last night.

Lizzy, I am glad the visit went well, not surprised though, you are a super teacher. DS is helping out a second grade teacher. He was bummed when school was canceled yesterday. He said it was the first time he was ever sad that it was a snow day. haha. Today he went and did math papers with a little girl. He also reads with a boy that needs some extra help.
How exciting about the wedding. They are having it in Houston? I am happy for them. You haven't said how you feel. Your daughter getting married...wow, big day!! Do you like him??

Pat, we are supposed to warm up a bit too. Freezing rain Monday and warmer Tue. Hope they are wrong about the freezing rain!! It doesn't look like we are going to get that extra batch of lake effect snow they were talking about. We got a tiny bit today but not enough to brush off the car.
Hope you have some luck with the great aunt search!

Rhonda, good idea, saving some $$ for a crafting friend get together. We haven't talked about next summer much yet. I am open to suggestions, however you guys are always welcome here. :)

Food and my sis are here so I am going to eat. :)
Flee57 Offline
#1827 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:16:29 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

This will be another short one as I am very tired.

Paula, thoughts and prayers for you. Snow is pretty but i still don't like it LOL

Lizzy, glad the royal visit went well. Call me when you and Terry finish dinner

Hello to Pat, Nancy and Rhonda...hope all is going well.

Well, I have had the most exhausting 2 weeks in my life. Actually, it's been more like 2 months. My Dad's antics sort of came along and became part of it all. He is doing ok. I am still exhausted.

I have been having problems with Marie (my sort of boss at work) I have been on her s***list for 2 months now. it's been very hard to work with someone who has been very sweet and generous for 8 months and then gets evil. It's been bad. I have ignored her because she's always got something to complain about to me now. Any way, long and horrible story short, she trew me under the bus several times during a staff meeting (Curves and Adult Center)...right in front of everyone. she basically called me a liar and accused me of not letting my members have fun because of my negative attitude. I've been so upset the last 2 months and when I got home I was really hysterical. D thought I was going to have a heart attack. He told me I didn't have to go back. So I am no longer at Curves. After that meeting, I can't work there anymore. I hate that I am no longer working there but it has been obvious to me for 2 months that we can never patch this up. Marie is bi-polar and I think she's off her meds. she has just made it impossible for me. she has made some absolutely rediculous demands and wants me to put my own time in there without getting paid. Just a real bad situation. I can't work with people who call me a liar and who says things about me that aren't true. I'm sad, but I'm ok.

Later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1828 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:57:53 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!!

We are getting ready to make a big Saturday breakfast. Flapper

Laurie, I am so sorry you quit your job. I know you really enjoyed working there and the people that came in. No chance of getting rid of bi-polar lady?? Did you talk to the top person about what is going on? Ugh! It sounds like the meeting was painful! Sorry you had to go through that!! Take a deep breath.....regroup and see what is next is this adventure called life. {{{hugs}}}

I don't know what is up for us today. It is a bit warmer...26*. I will at least strap on my snowshoes and walk around the yard. Tomorrow we may go to the nature center and walk the trails.

lizzyea Offline
#1829 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:59:40 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...once again, it's Lizzy. I caution you about changing your email or profile here at Cricut. It's somewhat of a pain. I've finally successfully changed my email, but I cannot change my profile which is why I have this crazy log-in name and have lost my Avatar. So, bear with me....I can't do much about it. It's really frustrating.

I've just been working and trying desperately to catch up on work before I am completely underneath a tsunami of papers! I got most of my bulletin boards finished up, but I still want to do a few more things. I absolutely HATE the walls of my trailer. For some bizarre reason, the paper on the walls is slipping and so is the bulletin board trim. It's not terribly noticeable unless you are right up there, but I wonder how it will be by the end of the school year.

Yes, I think the important thing about Sarah's wedding is that it is to their liking! I need to look for a venue; but I haven't had time just yet. I'll add that to my list!

I also need to fold laundry, but thankfully, I can do that while I watch TV...just like I can grade papers! LOL

I am good at multitasking....!!

There are quite a few of these retirement meetings coming up and mainly I have to get them in my planner so that I don't miss anything important.

Laurie, hang in there....I'm sorry the situation got so unpleasant and that there weren't any options. Did you send that Curves guy, Jeff, an email like we talked about?

Paula, did you get to go showshoeing?

Pat, it's great you found a long-lost relative!

Rhonda, for sure you need to do the extra tax work so you can get together with the rest of us!!

Nancy, oh Nancy, where are you?

Carrie, who is that on the boat in the picture on FB? It doesn't look like you.

Speaking of getting together, do we need to start setting a date? And a place? Hey....I just thought of something! Rhonda, we could save you money by coming to your house! What would you think of that? I'd be game for that!

OK, friends, I'm off of here. If anyone has any ideas for me about getting my name straightened out, let me know!

Flee57 Offline
#1830 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:23:10 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Pat, your remark about bi-polar lady cracked me up. Unfortunately she is the director of the Adult Center. You are right. The meeting was very painful and I was both angry and hurt. I did send an email to the area director that I resigned and let him know how much I enjoyed working there. I took Lizzy's advise and just let him know I resigned. I am hoping that I will get a response from him where he asks me what happened. this is the 2nd manager to walk out in 9 months. I'm hoping he bites and asks. If I rock the boat here, he will probably close that Curves. He never wanted it in the adult center without a real "owner" . He thinks that marie operates there as an owner. He doesn't know that she doesn't have anything to do with Curves and doesn't have a clue of the everyday operations. I don't want it to close so I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. I will tell him the truth, but only if he asks. I am sad not working with Miranda anymore and not seeing all my ladies.

Lizzy, you just read that I sent the email. I really hope that he responds. I sent it late Thursday night and didn't hear anything on Friday so we will see.

Yesterday D and I had such a fun time videoing us making whoopie pies. Watch our video (3 of them) on my FB page if you want a good laugh LOL

I met up with some Citi ladies last night and had a great time. I've really missed them

Would love to do another get together. Of course that will depend on a lot of things. would have had a free flight had my Dad not pulled his antics. You know if I can, I will be there!

Well heading back to careerbuilder.com. Applied to 20 places already!

Later!