Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

amanda4ea39161 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:35:47 AM(UTC)
amanda4ea39161

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just can't get craftroom to work! I bought a cartridge digitally because I thought it would be quicker than running out and buying the real thing. Yeah right. After trying all morning to get it installed on my new Windows 8 PC, I decided to use this computer, which I actually used to use Craftroom on all the time. The last time I used it was a few days before Christmas.

Today, it gives me "cricut craft room service error [object Object]" I uninstalled, reinstalled, checked firewalls, did the Adobe Air thing (the same as I've been doing all morning on my other PC, which gives a different error) and it still gives the error. Any suggestions?

The error has something to do with my Internet connection, but Cricut Sync seems to be connecting. Maybe I can link my gypsy and use the cartridge. Bah. I should have just run to Michael's.
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:27:08 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8165 time(s) in 4787 post(s)
What were you trying to install on your computer.....CCR? It sounds like that's what you were trying to do. Have you installed the PC Version of CCR on more than two computers? We're only allowed to use it on two computers.

So, if you have a new computer and are installing it a third time, I think it might affect all other computers you have CCR installed on and won't let you in any of them.

If this is the case, a simple call to ProvoCraft should be helpful. They should be able to help in this instance.

If that's not what you're trying to do, please come back and give a little more information. Sometimes, everyone needs a little more to go on here.

Hope you've gotten it worked out by now. If so, we would like to know that, too.

Char
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 3:07:36 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amanda4ea39161 Go to Quoted Post
I just can't get craftroom to work! I bought a cartridge digitally because I thought it would be quicker than running out and buying the real thing. Yeah right. After trying all morning to get it installed on my new Windows 8 PC, I decided to use this computer, which I actually used to use Craftroom on all the time. The last time I used it was a few days before Christmas.

Today, it gives me "cricut craft room service error [object Object]" I uninstalled, reinstalled, checked firewalls, did the Adobe Air thing (the same as I've been doing all morning on my other PC, which gives a different error) and it still gives the error. Any suggestions?

The error has something to do with my Internet connection, but Cricut Sync seems to be connecting. Maybe I can link my gypsy and use the cartridge. Bah. I should have just run to Michael's.

Try running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode and as an administrator. Right click on the CCR icon then make the following changes:

amanda4ea39161 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:36:13 PM(UTC)
amanda4ea39161

Well, still no luck with the Windows 8 install (and I only have used it on one computer), but I guess the Service Error [object Object] is a Cricut server error or something similar. I went out and when I got back later, my XP computer's copy of Craft Room worked correctly again. At least I can use it on one PC.
CricutGena Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:45:38 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amanda4ea39161 Go to Quoted Post
Well, still no luck with the Windows 8 install (and I only have used it on one computer), but I guess the Service Error [object Object] is a Cricut server error or something similar. I went out and when I got back later, my XP computer's copy of Craft Room worked correctly again. At least I can use it on one PC.

Hello! Usually this error occures when the minimum requirements to use Cricut Craft Room are not met. The usual culpret is your internet connection. Please take a look at these requirements, it may help you to figure out why you aer recieving the error:
Windows
•Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor; Intel Pentium 4 2GHz or faster
•Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, or Professional with service pack 3 (including 64-bit editions); Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7 (including 64-bit editions)
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Mac OS
•Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
•Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Display
•Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution

Software
•Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox, Safari
•Flash 10.3 and up
•Adobe AIR 2.7 and up

Internet
•Broadband connection (Satellite broadband and dial up are not supported)
•1.5 Mbps Downstream, 896 Kbps Upstream
•Free Cricut.com account

-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
tracy_sandsdddea45f on 12/10/2013(UTC)
pokornyfc39acb4 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:25:46 PM(UTC)
pokornyfc39acb4

Angry I am having the same Service Error [object object] error on my CCR. I've been using it successfully for 2 months and this week, it won't work. My internet connection is working quite well, I tried running the program in compatibility mode and as the administrator...no go. Any other suggestions?
CricutGena Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:51:26 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pokornyfc39acb4 Go to Quoted Post
Angry I am having the same Service Error [object object] error on my CCR. I've been using it successfully for 2 months and this week, it won't work. My internet connection is working quite well, I tried running the program in compatibility mode and as the administrator...no go. Any other suggestions?

Hello! This issues is internet related. Please call customer service, we can run through some trouble shooting and try to determine the issues.

-Cricut Gena
pokornyfc39acb4 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 9:17:21 AM(UTC)
pokornyfc39acb4

Here's the key for me: Since CCR is an Explorer-based application, I needed to re-install using Explorer (not my usual Google Chrome.) Customer service had me clear my browsing history and cookies ON EXPLORER, then reinstall. Poof! Like magic. I'm back in business making bulletin boards for my classroom!BigGrin ThumpUp
 1 user thanked pokornyfc39acb4 for this useful post.
krafty kate on 8/16/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 9:24:42 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19106 time(s) in 8537 post(s)
Here's the key for me: Since CCR is an Explorer-based application, I needed to re-install using Explorer (not my usual Google Chrome.) Customer service had me clear my browsing history and cookies ON EXPLORER, then reinstall. Poof! Like magic. I'm back in business making bulletin boards for my classroom!BigGrin ThumpUp

I'm glad you're back to creating, but I have always used Chrome and haven't had any problems. Huh
andiesolaa928096c Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 7:46:35 AM(UTC)
andiesolaa928096c

Incredible! I tried that and it totally did the trick. Thank you!
scrapping grammy Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 1:03:43 PM(UTC)
scrapping grammy

I had the same problem with my CCR saying service error and object object. While I was sitting on hold waiting for customer service I looked up at my screen and realized that I had 2 windows open at the same time. When I closed the one I was not using for CCR it stopped giving me the error message and opened right up!
pccbradley8a5d30a7 Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:32:41 PM(UTC)
pccbradley8a5d30a7

I am having this problem now, I was fine but went to link a cartridge that I purchased and got the Service Error message, and now I can not do anything on CCR, and I have about 15 cartridges in it, so do not want to lose anything.
Thanks, Sandi
meldoherty24458bfe Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:44:29 PM(UTC)
meldoherty24458bfe

I'm having this issue with a Mac Version 10.6.8. I've never tried to use the craft room before, spent money to access some cartridges, and now am thinking it was a giant waste. And according to tech support times I'm at work and won't be home to play on the computer and call. Anyone have any suggestions? I can't even log in.
Thanks!
Scrappingrammy Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:14:27 PM(UTC)
Scrappingrammy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Service Error and not able to open CCR.
I had the same issue on my Mac running Mountain Lion. When I spoke with CS they suggested I remove all my cookies. I did that and CCR opened. I then had to reenter most of my saved passwords including Cricut.com. After doing that, CCR did not open again. This time I just removed the cookie for cricut.com and CCR opened. Someone suggested that it might also work if you just log out of Cricut.com. I have not tried that. It's possible that too will work.
 1 user thanked Scrappingrammy for this useful post.
techiegirlie21a2d01f on 11/15/2013(UTC)
MissScrapAlot Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:42:11 PM(UTC)
MissScrapAlot

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 52 post(s)
I have never had a problem with CCR since it debuted.....but had to have laptop fixed and I think my friend added or changed something and it worked for a week then I got the same error messagean hour ago.....read a few comments and I reinstalled IE and wham......works perfect!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the awesome ideas and feedback :)

MissScrapAlot
lizedurrantb0b925ea Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 1:44:45 PM(UTC)
lizedurrantb0b925ea

I am currently having this problem with my mac. I have had CCR on it and working but the first time I purchase a digital cartridge the whole program won't work. Yikes!
daracoopee1932bb3 Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 9:58:39 AM(UTC)
daracoopee1932bb3

Just had the same problem on my Mac after trying to upgrade the firmware on my Expression. I removed all Cricut cookies and I got right onto Craft Room again. Thanks all!