Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LouiseJohnson1 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 4:10:02 PM(UTC)
LouiseJohnson1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Ugh, my Gypsy is old, I've had it since it came out and I loved the flexibility it afforded me. Recently it hasn't been working right. It will start to cut, then make a slit in the paper and stop and say that connection was lost. It will suggest that I perform an update, but when I do, it says it's up to date. This happens over and over again. It often takes me 20+ tries to make a cut. I think it's the USB connection that's the problem, because other friends with Gypsies are able to use my machine without any issues. I'd love to use CCR but since all my cartridges are linked to the Gypsy, I'd have to plug in each and every one which I have no desire to do. I just called customer service and I got the same answer they gave me literally a year ago. It's in "testing" and they don't have a date or even a guesstimate for a fix. I have the Imagine as well as the Expression, but I've barely touched the Imagine since the Gypsy isn't fully functional with it. I'm so frustrated with all the money I have invested in this. I have hundreds of cartridges, two machines and the Gypsy, and now I can't really use any of it. Customer Support's answer? Buy another Gypsy and they'll re-serialize it for me so I can re-link all the carts. Yeah right!! Grrrr!!
MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:22:24 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)
If the usb port is coming loose on the gypsy, try taking it to a tv repair shop and having the usb port re-welded, or reattached where it's suppose to be.

Some people have posted that they have had success in fixing the gypsy by doing this.

Mary

I think you can use a PC Jukebox with CCR. I know you can with DS. That way you don't have to insert the carts as you cut. It may take longer to cut. With DS, it looks through the jukebox to find the carts used and then it cuts out the images. It temporarily stores that information so if you have several pages to cut, it doesn't need to rescan the jukebox to find the carts needed for cutting. If you close DS between cuts, then it will have to rescan to cut.

Edited by user Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:25:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Jukebox info