Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:50:47 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Well I'm off to work on some sketches today... I do hope I get all 3 of them done. I feel like using my Copics so I think I'll color some DDF stuff! HAH HAH!

I just got the freebie digi from DDF so I hope you don't mind if I scrap-lift your card, Sandy!
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:56:15 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I see a lot of pretty cards. I just got my heat gun today, and I can't wait to use it! Working on my sketch one card today! Will hopefully have it up on my blog over the weekend! :) Yes, I'm getting into the embossing powders and folders now and loving it! :)
Joyful Carol Offline
#33 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:03:48 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sandy- Such a lovely card for sketch #1. I am so glad I enlarged it to get the full effect of your talent. Of course the snowflakes were a perfect substitute for flowers on this card. I loved the banners with the embossing and inking in the background. The dots and squiggly lines around the scalloped circle was a very nice touch indeed. The colors are so soft and beautiful. I give you an A+! Nice work on your sketch #3. The feather is great. I bought some feathers when they were on sale at JoAnn's and have not been brave enough to use them! LOL. The pearly heart buckle is so lovely.

Across the Pond- Love your sketch#1. The patterned paper with the embossing is fantastic! I need to remember to do that! The colors are so wonderful to go with the flowers and makes me think of spring. Your #2 Easter card is soooooo cute! I love the spring time colors and the eggs are a very nice touch. The rabbit is a real cutie. The embossing behind the rabbit looks great.

Gisele- Oh, my goodness that cardinal card is just beautiful! Where did the wing come from—free cut or from another cartridge? That just added so much depth with the layer and inking. I love the embossed patterned paper. I have just got to remember to do that. Amazing how wonderful and how much that embossing adds to the card!

Raquel- So, glad I was not the only one to post a card from last week's sketches. Your #1 card from last week turned out very nice. The embossing, and sparkles throughout the card remind me of the sparkle on new fallen small as the sun rays are touching it! Wow! I love your Just Right Friday card, too. Love the green and burgundy color together.

TurtleBug- What a fun card for a little girl! The colors are great. The cupcake ribbon is just the perfect touch.
 4 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/25/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/25/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/26/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/27/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:10:25 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 649 post(s)
# 2 and # 3 sketches
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch.jpg
# 3  sketch.jpg
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:37:13 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
I see a lot of pretty cards. I just got my heat gun today, and I can't wait to use it! Working on my sketch one card today! Will hopefully have it up on my blog over the weekend! :) Yes, I'm getting into the embossing powders and folders now and loving it! :)

oooooh I'm so excited for you! It's fun working with embossing powders and heating them up. A bit messy but the results are amazing! Good luck playing around with your gun just be careful not to burn your papers! HAH HAH! I've done that a few times
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:38:21 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady: pretty cards... love the use of the cut out paper flower and leaves... gives it a nice touch!

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2013 11:39:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :)

BingoLady Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:40:03 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Sue, I like the sentiment decor , and all the pretty colors, and the Easter card
is so adorable with the litte Bunny.

Carol, oh , I just love the little pitcher with the flowers.Nice , nice

Gisele, Wow, what a pretty Xmas card,Ilove the little Cardinal. I see one
outside almost everyday by the porch. I have been trying to take a picture of it.

Raquel, nice, nice, love all the colors and decor. That is nice of you ladies to
make sketches from last week.

Turtlbug, Oh my little Emma is going to love it. Well you know when my BDay is.LOL LOL
It came out so pretty. I love the image.

Sandy, well Sandy another pretty card. You ladies make such pretty cards.
 4 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/25/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/26/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/26/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/27/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:50:50 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2610 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
What in the world is going on with this MB?

I can't get past the log in screen on the normal browser I'm using. I had to use Internet Explorer and I never use this browser anymore

I think the 3-day sale banner is screwing me up because it keeps trying to refresh every time I log in

I now what you mean I hate Internet Explorer but sometimes that is the only place I can log in at!!! BUT I did figure out last week when I was having trouble that I went in and cleaned out the "cookies" from Cricut.com and then I could log in using either FireFox or Chrome. Hope this works for you
*NanaDonna* Offline
#39 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:22:50 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2610 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
Sorry Sandy I had started a birthday card(s) for Miss Emma and another one for my Mom to give her so before the sketches came out so I am trying to get those finished up before I start on the sketches, by the way I love the sketches. #3 SO SO pretty I love the colors and that black feather is perfect. I know what you mean I am pretty anal about sticking right to the sketch (most of the time)BigGrin

Sue - #1 very very nice card, I love the combination of papers you used the saying it great LOVE "squiffy" will have to remember that oneLOL #2 what a fabulous spring card that image is adorable and your coloring is great.

Carol #2 from last week Pretty card love the picture and the flowers great detail and you all know I love detail

Gisele - #2 you should be proud of this card it is fabulous I love all the details and the corners are a very nice touch

Raquel I will have to check out those Digi Desserts Fridaze images #1 from last week beautiful, love all the sparkle JustRite card wonderful, love the little flowers and that bow is a nice addition Re; move, how nice to have a little more time I don't envy you having to pack, I can't image packing my craft room and then to have unpack yikes! Good luck I know you will be busy the next few weeks

Josie - #1 OOOO so cute, you did a great job using DS and welding those letters, I tell you the more you use it the more you will like it Nice way to use the ribbon and the image you found is perfect

Bingolady - #2 very very pretty love that soft background paper and perfect embossing on the oval #3 I love this card! everything is put together perfectly Where did you get the flower image from I really like that

Great cards and hope I didn't miss anybody - and WOW it seems like a lot of you are on DT for other challenges thanks for posting the links as it gives all of us ideas of other challenges that are out there so we can work on them when time permits. Even if we just take a peak at what is going on there I am sure we can get some inspiration and INSPIRATION it the name of the game here right?
We will be leaving early in the AM to go to a funeral in California so hope to get to work on my cards on Monday when we get back.
 4 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/25/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/25/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/26/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/27/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:39:19 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Donna thankyou very much, it was a sheet of paper and I cut the flowers. And it
took me forever to cut them.
SandyPalmer Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:47:27 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
BingoLady, such pretty paper, and I love how you did the corners on your sketch 2 card! Pretty butterfly too! Lydia, where did you get those flowers from on your sketch 3 card?!?! They are very pretty! Very nice embossing on both your cards! Love the polka dot paper on your watering card!

Donna, I would love to see the other cards you have been working on! BigGrin Oh, sorry you have to go to a funeral! Sad

Ok, sketch 2, plus the extra credit! I decided to put the flowers on this card! BigGrin

SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
00301.jpg
SandyPalmer Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:49:37 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Hah, ha, Lydia, I was asking that same question about the flowers! You posted while I was posting!

Raquel, I can't wait to see what you do with that freebie! BigGrin
#43 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 1:49:09 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
oooooh I'm so excited for you! It's fun working with embossing powders and heating them up. A bit messy but the results are amazing! Good luck playing around with your gun just be careful not to burn your papers! HAH HAH! I've done that a few times

Thanks Raquel. Discovered that I'm not too sure what I'm doing. Think I may need a class of some kind for it. I stamped my paper and when I went to put the embossing powder down across it and turned on the heat gun. . . poof. . . it went everywhere. So I have no clue what I'm doing or how to make the powder stick to the paper. Drama. . .drama in the embossing world for me for sure! LOL! :)
AcrossThePond Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:12:51 PM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hi, just to say the eggs are padded stickers or poofy ones if you like it that wayLaugh .

Bingolady - Pretty card for #2 but #3 is quite lovely. You "fussy cut" those flowers out perfectly, great job.

NanaDonna - would sure like to see your cards when ready.

Sandy - Just love how the teacup card came out. You know I couldn't remember that paper till I saw it again. Great use of the kraft card gives it a vintage feel.

Christineramy - Hope you have loads of fun with your heat tool. A little tip with embossing powders is to be quick. If its warm where you are the ink will dry quick unless you use a slower drying one. If not then stamp your image and pour over the powder then shake it off and stamp again if you need more than one image. As a rule you can not emboss with stazon. Hope this helps.

Sue
#45 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:36:47 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Okay, had a chance to get my images up on my blog. Hope you guys enjoy it! http://wp.me/p2Ygsl-1M

Will be back in a bit to comment on others, so far though, I'm see some pretty cards!
#46 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:25:53 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Christineramy - Hope you have loads of fun with your heat tool. A little tip with embossing powders is to be quick. If its warm where you are the ink will dry quick unless you use a slower drying one. If not then stamp your image and pour over the powder then shake it off and stamp again if you need more than one image. As a rule you can not emboss with stazon. Hope this helps.

Sue [/quote]

Thanks for the tips Acrossthepond. . .I am enjoying my stuff! Love using them! :)
#47 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:37:57 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Coming back to leave my comments so I hope I do not miss anyone! :)

SandyPalmer: i'm loving these sketches and your sketch one is so pretty with the winter look. It's not a bad idea to flip, thought it was pretty clever to do so!

Elegant sketch 3 card and I loved the colors of the brown and black together. It really looked stunning. I also loved your mother's day card, it reminded me that I need to work on mine as well. I did notice the pretty flowers in the corner. Great job getting those in~

AcrossthePond: Love your bloomin lovely card. The way you used those spring colors were divine! Thanks for reminding us that we can emboss on colored paper. I forget that! I needed the reminding. You're embellishments really help that card to sparkle. It's great over-all. Loved the whole card!

You're Easter card is just adorable with the Easter bunny and eggs in the corner and lined across the card is too cute!

JoyfulCarol: It's never too late to show your work. At least that's what I've been told more than once~ Love the white pitcher with those pretty bright flowers on that bright pink card. Is beautiful!

Gisele: Great Christmas card. I love the bird and holly berries! Very pretty!

Raquel: Sketch one Christmas card is lovely. The red gems are a real
nice touch. I also liked your thinking of you card from your other challenge too. Both very pretty!

Turtlebug:
You're birthday card is so adorable. I love the girl and her expressions on the card are great! The cupcakes are a nice addition too!

Bingolady: Nice Easter card for sketch 2 and the flowers pot in the green colors are just divine!

Okay, think I got everyone! :)
 4 users thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/26/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/26/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/27/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/27/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#48 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:09:38 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Here is a stab at sketch #3. The puppy is from the Sweethearts cartridge.
I tried several things before I settled for this. Just had a hard time getting things
to work together tonight.RollEyes
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Puppy birthday.jpg
Gisele Offline
#49 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:18:12 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Raquel – Beautiful Scandinavian card from last week’s sketch! The white swirl background looks really good. Gorgeous “thinking of you” card with the organza bow and lace and pretty flowers!

Turtlebug – Aw such a sweet and pretty card for Emma! Pretty cupcakes and hearts and ribbon! I’m sure she will love it!

Sandy – such an elegant and gorgeous card! Love the feather! Beautiful Mother’s Day card! Great choice of papers and flowers! Love the teacup!

Sue – Love your Easter card! Beautiful bunny and the papers and embossed oval frame are so wonderful!

BingoLady – Pretty embossing for Sketches 2 and 3! Nice bright colour for sketch #2 and pretty flower with the watering can! Wow such great work in cutting that flower by hand!

Joyful Carol – Love your Sketch # 3! Your puppy turned out so well and the inking looks really good!
 3 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/26/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/27/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/27/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#50 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:21:42 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: Joyful Carol Go to Quoted Post

Gisele- Oh, my goodness that cardinal card is just beautiful! Where did the wing come from—free cut or from another cartridge? That just added so much depth with the layer and inking. I love the embossed patterned paper. I have just got to remember to do that. Amazing how wonderful and how much that embossing adds to the card!

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments about my card! The wing was just cut by hand. I cut 2 of the bird shapes and then used the second cut for the wing and the "feathery" tail. The distressed black soot ink made such a difference.
Gisele Offline
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:25:21 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Sorry I missed your card Christine! Great terrier dog! Glad you are enjoying your new heat embossing gun and exploring your cartridges.

You would all laugh if you saw what I was using - my husband's old heat gun to remove paint. I only use the low setting BigGrin
SHELBYWOO Offline
#52 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:17:27 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

Was thanked: 360 time(s) in 249 post(s)
HELLLLLO LADIES!!!! :) I got busy and got a chance to get in my craft room and guess what......yup yup got the cards done this week.....just hadnt been able to post until now!!! :)

SHELBYWOO Offline
#53 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:19:40 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

SHELBYWOO Offline
#54 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:21:10 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

SHELBYWOO Offline
#55 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:23:43 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

and last but not least the ad colors plus a couple more hehehe :) this one was a special request and sure am hoping i did ok! :)

SHELBYWOO Offline
#56 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:25:58 PM(UTC)
SHELBYWOO

United States

all the cards are gorgeous as always!!!!!!! so many diff variations :) you ladies have such talent and inspire me so much.....many thanks to each of you!!! :)
SandyPalmer Offline
#57 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:42:40 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Christine, cute Scotty dog card! I love the red and white polka dot paper you used! Great taclle of the ad colors too!

Joyful Carol
, I love the layout of your card! Your puppy is just so cute! Love the bling collar! I think your card turned out very cute!

Michelle, wow, glad you had time to come play! I have to say, I love your first card! The colors and papers you chose are so pretty! Love the flowers as well! Did you make them? Of course, great papers and colors as well on your second card! The ribbon and flower added so much to your card! Crazy you and the skeleton heads, lol! Someone at work you are giving it to?!?! Fun stuff!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 1/26/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#58 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:32:46 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

SandyPalmer: Mother's Day card already? Hee heee, I guess I'm not too surprised. Beautiful card and colors... love the the feel of your card... so elegant

Joyful Carol: cute cute puppy card! Love that puppy

christineramey8b61e521:
your puppy card is also so cute! Love the way you framed it

SHELBYWOO:
I was just thinking about you... I haven't seen you in a long time. Great set of cards! I especially like the vibrant colors on the last card
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#59 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:34:54 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Thanks Raquel. Discovered that I'm not too sure what I'm doing. Think I may need a class of some kind for it. I stamped my paper and when I went to put the embossing powder down across it and turned on the heat gun. . . poof. . . it went everywhere. So I have no clue what I'm doing or how to make the powder stick to the paper. Drama. . .drama in the embossing world for me for sure! LOL! :)

Tons and tons of tips and tutorials about embossing powder and heat gun on YouTube! I get sucked in watching so many different craft tips on there

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#60 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:40:55 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok... just sharing two pictures to update you guys on my move... so you know when I'm going to disappear BigGrin

As you can see, the front looks like it's done. If you look closely, there are still a lot of supplies in the garage. The second picture is the kitchen cabinets... we have tons of pictures but I think this one pretty much tells you how much more they have to work on before we can move in

♥ Raquel ♥ attached the following image(s):
house.jpg
kitchen.jpg