Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TammyPuckett Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:42:44 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I purchased a brand new Imagine on January 31, 2012 & it has had problems off & on since I got it. In the last couple of weeks, it is having an issue of not starting up. I have to do the restore & reformat & then it will work for a couple of days & then I have to start all over again. I was told that it could be replaced if I kept having this problem, but then was told that because I purchased it from a 3rd party it couldn't be. I was not a happy camper! I was informed that because I did not purchase from an "authorized seller on e-bay" that PC would not take care of it. I finally pitched a fit & told them I would be contacting the Attorney General in TN, Better Business Bureau & the Federal Trade Commission because there is nothing in writing that states that the warranty was only covered if you purchaed from an authorized seller. After mentioning all of this, they decided to make an exception & are going to take care of my warranty. Be careful where you purchase any PC items, including cartridges, because if you don't buy from an authorized seller, you may not have any warranty!
CardDiva Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:42:49 AM(UTC)
CardDiva

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I have actually gone through this warranty issue myself. Even thought I bought through an authorised PC seller i.e. Cricut Machine.com, PC & Cricut Machine.com refused to replace my defective & non working Imagine cartridges that I bought, as they were posted to an U.S. address, and then DHL'd to my address in Cape Town - South Africa. No warranties apply outside of the U.S. or Canada.Angry
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:24:11 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18941 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
I purchased a brand new Imagine on January 31, 2012 & it has had problems off & on since I got it. In the last couple of weeks, it is having an issue of not starting up. I have to do the restore & reformat & then it will work for a couple of days & then I have to start all over again. I was told that it could be replaced if I kept having this problem, but then was told that because I purchased it from a 3rd party it couldn't be. I was not a happy camper! I was informed that because I did not purchase from an "authorized seller on e-bay" that PC would not take care of it. I finally pitched a fit & told them I would be contacting the Attorney General in TN, Better Business Bureau & the Federal Trade Commission because there is nothing in writing that states that the warranty was only covered if you purchaed from an authorized seller. After mentioning all of this, they decided to make an exception & are going to take care of my warranty. Be careful where you purchase any PC items, including cartridges, because if you don't buy from an authorized seller, you may not have any warranty!

Actually, it does say that the warranty is non-transferable (the standard for a lot of products but especially electronics) which means the first person that purchases the item (unless they are an authorized re-seller who has signed their own agreements) maintains the warranty. Otherwise, the person that originally buys an item can mishandle it or have it improperly stored somewhere or whatever and then sell it off to someone else months or years after the original purchase. Thus the saying, buyer beware.

I'm surprised they deviated from their policy. You must have pitched some fit. Huh