Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

joangosling Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:44:27 PM(UTC)
joangosling

Groups: Registered

I usually use my cricut mini with CCR and it works great! However, I decided to get more out of my 12x12 paper and use my Expression 2 with it. It initially has trouble recognizing the mat, but when I finally got it to cut it cuts randomly,I am trying to cut a page of 9 hearts out. It cut the first heart 3 times and then moved on to the next 2 and cut them down the middle after it cut them. So, then I hooked up my trusty regular Expression and then it cut 2 shapes correctly and then 2 funky shapes that are not what I designed. I am just trying to cut a bunch of hearts out and it is not working. Any advice?
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:47:49 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joangosling Go to Quoted Post
I usually use my cricut mini with CCR and it works great! However, I decided to get more out of my 12x12 paper and use my Expression 2 with it. It initially has trouble recognizing the mat, but when I finally got it to cut it cuts randomly,I am trying to cut a page of 9 hearts out. It cut the first heart 3 times and then moved on to the next 2 and cut them down the middle after it cut them. So, then I hooked up my trusty regular Expression and then it cut 2 shapes correctly and then 2 funky shapes that are not what I designed. I am just trying to cut a bunch of hearts out and it is not working. Any advice?

I'd try exiting out then back in to CCR and recreating the project.

melodylanedesigns Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:12:23 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1875 time(s) in 928 post(s)
make sure your mat size is set to 12x12 in CCR
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 12:03:46 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8024 time(s) in 4686 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joangosling Go to Quoted Post

What cartridge are you using? Do you have all the images GROUPED together? Are you telling CCR to CUT ALL IMAGES/MAT LAYERS at the same time? (I don't; I like to cut my layers separately as I tell CCR to cut them).

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:38:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8024 time(s) in 4686 post(s)
I actually had something like this happen a few hours ago.

I made a design in CCR with the new EXTREME FONTS.....and tried to copy/paste to the bottom of the mat, as I wanted to cut two of the projects/cards out at the same time.

When the PASTED copy came up, it took out one of the images I had linked to the rest of them (I had made a frame, so to speak) and grayed it out. There was no way I was going to hit CUT, because if there's one thing I won't do, I won't cut out pieces here and there that didn't cut out that should have!!! LOL. That was a mouthful.

I deleted it and tried again several times. It wouldn't work. I ended up going out of the project (like Narelle said.....) and it still didn't work.

Here's what did work. I UNGROUPED my first project and SAVED. THEN, I went back and GROUPED the first project again and SAVED.

This worked. My copy/paste went through perfectly.

Here's what I think happened. I had been cutting this project out one at a time (several times before this) on different papers. I wanted to cut eight or ten on varied papers. I believe the fact I didn't have it all grouped on the first project was working okay (don't know why, but it was cutting everything out perfectly)was because it was welded. It is possible that I played around with that part of the project at some point and when I REGROUPED everything, maybe I didn't wait long enough and the REGROUP didn't take completely. Hope that made sense.
BUT, when I went to copy/paste, since it wasn't GROUPED (don't know why), it would grey out. There was no way that was going to CUT.

I rarely have problems like this, but for some reason or other, I had this problem today.

Maybe you can go back and take out any GROUPING you did (or GROUP everything if you didn't in the first place) and REGROUP.

Let us know if you do get your problem fixed or if you need some further help.

Char

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2013 6:41:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified