Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
CricutCrazy Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:54:19 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1058 time(s) in 773 post(s)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
THis is a SWAP for an "SPRING FLING" PIN CUSHION...It can be made of any container, Except that you should try to please ( or surprise ) Your Partner with something he/she likes.

DATES : REGISTRATION OPEN FROM 2/28 through 3/17...PARTNER POSTED ON 3/18 and BEGIN !
ITEM MUST BE MAILED BY APRIL 18th... NO EXCEPTIONS...

***One Important requirement*** You must use a styrofoam ball or a square of styrofoam cut to fit your container, then wrap it in batting or polyfill, and then cover with fabric. The reason for this is that it will hold up your pins better. FLoral Pins that are 3" - 4" long with added beads are heavy and need more support to stand up, than just a tiny bit of polyester fluff !! ***
There are some samples of pin cushions I have made in the pictures below.

This means you can use any type of container that inspires you ! You can also go back to the "basics" and do a pin cushion made with a TEA-CUP, or COFFEE CUP and SAUCER. Now, some will say that these are difficult to find , but they are usually very inexpensive if you go to a thrift store or yard sales. Or, you can make one from all sorts of containers like flower pots, stuffed toys, candle holders, sugar bowls, etc....although there are certain criteria that must be met. Please read the instructions below.

I will keep this enrollment open until March 16th or until we have 12 people.
. I will post partners as soon as I can on March 17th..... You will then have until April 18th, to make your item and mail it. ~

1. Craft a pin cushion using any kind of container that inspires you....If you need instructions, please ask. Lots of people here have some great ideas... You MUST use a piece of styrofoam (this helps to support the pins properly) covered with batting and then fabric. It is best to use a HOT GLUE GUN to adhere your cushion inside your cup or box or whatever you use....f you use a BREAKABLE CONTAINER, PLEASE PACKAGE CAREFULLY !!!It is no fun to receive a broken pin cushion..... These can usually be mailed in a Priority Mail box that is 7x7x6 and is FREE at the Post Office...using bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts, you can mail this for the 1 pound rate...about $5.05 now - and if you buy through Paypal you will get free tracking on it. EVERYONE MUST USE A TRACKING DC#

2. I am requesting that this cushion be made by Checking to see which your partner would prefer.

3. There should be at least 4 stick pins added to your pin cushion and they must be at least 2 1/2 inches long - preferably use the 3" or 4" FLoral Stick pins found at JoAnns and other craft stores. There should be at least one stick pin with a CRICUT CUT on it, or a CRICUT CUT should be on your base container. LONGER stick pins are found in the FLORAL SUPPLIES of most craft stores. I also have them for sale in my ETSY store
go to www.etsy.com/shop/barbshandiworks these Pins are $4.99 for a pack of Pearl topped #144 Pins , or "crystal/diamond" topped ones are #100 per pack.

4. Please use a variety of beads, ribbons, stickers, or whatever your creative mind desires...make your creation unique and pretty ! Remember that your partner should be proud to display your handiwork on her desk or table. I request that you do NOT use plastic beads...and PLEASE USE A GOOD QUALITY GLUE. Some people complain that their embellishments fall off due to people not buying good glue. Hot Glue applied directly to ceramics will eventually fall off...Look for glue that will adhere to a "NON-POROUS" surface. If you are unsure of what to get, there are people in craft stores who will help, and also you can ask for help on the thread from your fellow members. Personally, I find that SCOTCH BRAND 3M Quick Dry adhesive works well for most surfaces. I also HOT GLUE some items, depending on the surfaces. If you are gluing metal , please buy the right kind of adhesive for metals. Hot Glue does tend to POP OFF of ceramic coffee cups...it is better to use glue made for stones and jewelry.

5. You are responsible for obtaining your partner's addy through a PM. You will mail your item directly to her and please be sure to pack breakable items securely. We don't want them to arrive broken.

6. After you have mailed your item, Please post DC # on this thread for all to see. Then, please post a photo of your item here for all to enjoy as well .

7. FLAKERS will not be tolerated. Please don't join if you have no intentions of following through.
If you have ever flaked on one of these MB SWAPS you won't be allowed to join.

8. Keep in touch with your partner and fellow pin cushion fans through this thread...AT LEAST ONCE WEEKLY.

9. WHen you sign up, please send me your contact info with your name, addy, email and a phone number through a PM. If you have been in my last 2 SWAPS I already have this info on file unless you have moved...then please update me !

10. Once enrollment closes, check in to see who your partner is ASAP !! then contact her through a PM. It is your responsibililty to exchange addresses -

11. If you are a "NEWBIE" to swaps, you will be required to mail first before your partner sends hers. That way we should not have anybody get "FLAKED ON".

PRIZES: At the end of the SWAP we will take a vote for the BEST Pin Cushion and that person will win a prize.
I get no freebies from Provocraft or any other manufacturer and I do not add my name to the prize drawings. THis is just my way of saying "THANKS" !!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

OKAY - So I have posted partners, as I know you are all tired of waiting...We had an odd number so I am going to make 2 pin cushions this time...unless we get a late member tonight or if someone else would like 2 partners. I will do my best to make sure everyone is happy.Love
Please make a posting before Thursday and connect with your partner...THANKS !!
____________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Cricut Crazy>>>>>>>>>>>> SUMRBREZ....and >>HODMOM Love Love received & pix posted
2. EvelynR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KAUIMELODY>>>>>>Love received & pix posted
3. KauiMelody>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EVELYNR>>>>>>>>>Love received & pix posted
4. SumrBrez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CRICUTCRAZY >>>>Love received & pix posted
5. KSQueenbee>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DANCINGSTARR73>>Love received & pix posted
6. HodMom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CRICUT CRAZY>>>>Love received & pix posted
7. DancingStarr73ad>>>>>>>> KSQUEENBEE>>>>>>Love received & pix posted

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:09:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add names and change dates

CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
pin cushion silver.JPG
000_0009 (800x778).jpg
000_0010 (637x1024).jpg
artpaperfiber Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:10:22 PM(UTC)
artpaperfiber

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Soooooooooo ready for this. I have been using some of my beautiful stick pins to keep the ribbons on their spools and then place them on a shelf. Very pretty.
SherrieStevens Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:38:18 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I would love to join this swap. Thanks Sherrie
MOgoggingirl Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:31:47 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 385 post(s)
I want to join this swap again! I loved doing this. BigGrin
SherrieStevens Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:42:01 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to get out of this swap I'm so sorry Sherrie
artpaperfiber Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:05:49 PM(UTC)
artpaperfiber

Am I the only one who uses pins to poke open stopped up glue bottles?
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:30:44 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Please sign me up. This has been one of the most beautiful and challenging swaps ever. I love this swap. Thanks for hosting.

Evelyn
CricutCrazy Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:09:58 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

BTT FOR MORE MEMBERS ! PLEASE JOIN US ! If you have never made a pin cushion, it really is not difficult and we will help you ! Love
CricutCrazy Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:24:15 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

ANNOUNCEMENT : Pin Cushions are Fun to Make and Great to Own and Give as Gifts !!
Don't miss out on the fun ... Join today !
BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Love Love Love

artpaperfiber Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:16:31 PM(UTC)
artpaperfiber

I found the pefect object for a pin cushion themed for spring. Now I am really raring to go.
MOgoggingirl Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 5:09:27 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

I found a couple of things today at the GW that I think will make great pin cushions.
SherrieStevens Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:51:15 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

I'm sorry I need to get out of this swap. THanks SHerrie
MOgoggingirl Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:30:40 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

It looks like Sherrie is back out of the swap again. With all that is going on in her life I was surprised to see her name back on the list. Sad

It is never easy to work through grief on losing loved ones. I don't know if her mom has passed yet or not but sometimes that is the hardest is when they are sick and waiting for the call. My dad was in hospice a few years ago and I wondered every minute of every day if and when I would get the call and then when I did it was heartbreaking and such a relief at the same time because he was no longer in pain or suffering but at the same time he was gone and I would never see him again.Sad

We also went through this same thing with my DH father 2 years ago except he wasn't in hospice. When your loved ones have a terminal illness and wither slowly before you or even if you are not there it is never far from your mind and heart and it always takes a toll. My heart goes out to you Sherrie. I hope you can find some peace and comfort during this time and prayers are going out for you and your family.
Love
CricutCrazy Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 7:05:21 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

OKAY - WE HAVE RE-OPENED THIS !! Woot COME AND JOIN THE FUN !!
Sumrbrez Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 7:14:14 PM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 257 post(s)
I would like to join.
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:55:00 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

PLEASE SIGN ME UP. I am so glad to see this one again. Thanks

Evelyn
KauaiMelody Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 8:44:23 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2181 time(s) in 1024 post(s)
Me please. These hold a special place in my heart. I am always using the pins to stick on projects, and love using the pin cushions to hold the pins I make. Crafters, if you haven't done these, you don't know what you are missing.Flapper
ksqueenb Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 10:10:01 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 242 post(s)
I've been trying to resist this one but I really had fun with my last stick pins. Please sign me up.Wink
Godot's Girl Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 10:34:30 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2972 time(s) in 1784 post(s)
I would like to join. I am a little nervous since I saw how excited you where to have your "veteran swappers" back, hope I can hold my own. I have two different items I have in mind to make the cushion out of, so hopefully my partner will like one of them. I made many pin cushions when I was in MOPS when my guys were little. I was in charge of the crafts portion of our meeting, and I always tried to have the ladies make something that was useful, as well as pretty to look at and fun to make. I am excited about this, but also, as I said, a little nervous, hope new people float your boat almost as much as the vets....lol. I will PM you my info., and await word on my partner. GG
CricutCrazy Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:08:38 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: ksqueenb Go to Quoted Post
I've been trying to resist this one but I really had fun with my last stick pins. Please sign me up.Wink

Hi - I would be very pleased to have you for a member but please send me your addy and contact information...and please read all of the instructions in Post #1 - I cannot assign you to a partner without contact information....

Love THANK YOU !!

HELLO to all you who have signed up for this one again ! I have found some gorgeous teacups and saucers...just waiting for a new owner !! Love
MOgoggingirl Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:23:58 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

please sign me up again. I will see what I can come up with again.BigGrin
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:56:27 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

JCI -- I have been trying to clean my craft room to get ready for the spring and summer. I was so tired of not being able to find things as I had become quite messy. So, I am trying to do that and I forgot to check in. Hope all is going well. This week has been freezing cold here in NC and we are so spoiled with warm weather that when it is cold, we get a little fussy. LOL.

Have a great week everyone.

Evelyn
Sumrbrez Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:28:45 PM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Originally Posted by: EvelynRobinson2 Go to Quoted Post
JCI -- I have been trying to clean my craft room to get ready for the spring and summer. I was so tired of not being able to find things as I had become quite messy. So, I am trying to do that and I forgot to check in. Hope all is going well. This week has been freezing cold here in NC and we are so spoiled with warm weather that when it is cold, we get a little fussy. LOL.

Have a great week everyone.

Evelyn

NC? Where? I will be there from March 12 - 22 for work. Jacksonville
Godot's Girl Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 9:32:28 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

JCI
CricutCrazy Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 4:58:59 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone ! So happy to have 7 members so far !! And 2 newbies !! Wonderful !

If we get 10 members before the 16th I will go ahead and close...but in the meantime you girls and chat on here and be thinking about what kind of pin cushion you would like to have.
I am all ready with a new stash of lovely tea cups and saucers if anyone requests that type of a pin cushion...but we shall see !

BTT for more members !! Love
Godot's Girl Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:13:04 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

I am so sorry to have to do this, but I will have to drop out of this swap. I found out yesterday that I will have to have surgery later this month, and cannot be sure of my recovery time, or what I will feel up to doing. I am so disappointed as I had already chosen a couple items and started on them, knowing I could always give them as a gift if my partner wanted something different. I apologize profusely, as I know what this looks like, but I would rather take the chance of missing the swap, than not be able to follow through because of my health. I hope you understand. Blessings, GG.
CricutCrazy Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 1:24:29 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

So very sorry you have to leave us MOGoggingirl....and even more sorry to hear that you have to have surgery....Blessings for a speedy recovery !

BTT for more members !!
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 3/10/2013(UTC)
MOgoggingirl Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:46:31 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
So very sorry you have to leave us MOGoggingirl....and even more sorry to hear that you have to have surgery....Blessings for a speedy recovery !

BTT for more members !!

What! Huh When am I having surgery? I think Godot Girl is the person to which you are referring and I was so looking forward to being in another swap with her. She is such a sweet person.

It scared me for a second when I saw my name on the MB and that I was having surgery and then it occurred to me wait...Laugh I didn't post that so I went back up the posts and saw that GG posted she is having surgery and is not sure of the recovery time. No problem about thisFlapper

I sure hope GG will be ok I know she has many serious health issues and does have recovery issues when she does get sick so if we can all keep her in our prayers I am sure she will really appreciate that very much.BigGrin
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
ksqueenb Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:56:21 AM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 242 post(s)
Checking in for the week.

Cricut Crazy where did you find cups and saucers? We were looking for some for my niece's bridal shower and couldn't find any.
Sumrbrez Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:16:30 PM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Originally Posted by: Godot's Girl Go to Quoted Post
I am so sorry to have to do this, but I will have to drop out of this swap. I found out yesterday that I will have to have surgery later this month, and cannot be sure of my recovery time, or what I will feel up to doing. I am so disappointed as I had already chosen a couple items and started on them, knowing I could always give them as a gift if my partner wanted something different. I apologize profusely, as I know what this looks like, but I would rather take the chance of missing the swap, than not be able to follow through because of my health. I hope you understand. Blessings, GG.

So sorry to lose you on this swap. I will miss you on this swap. Big hugs for a speedy recovery!
 1 user thanked Sumrbrez for this useful post.