Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7273747576>»
imnchghere Offline
#2191 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:06:05 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good Saturday morning from the snowy east wing also. Not a huge storm, by any means but until we get out of these constant below freezing temps the roads will not be nice. Hopefully that will start tomorrow. We have to go out today to get a few groceries along with other errands.
We got about an inch of snow yesterday on top of the barely an inch the day before. Barely covered some of the grassy areas.
Deb, I sure hope dh feels better today and that you can get your cards done. I have given up all hope of a card for dgs and I will just buy one. Also need to either get him some cash or a Visa GC.
Bummer also about having to find another Dr.
Jess, sounds like you are set for the next SC and a good weekend. I can't imagine your cold temps.
Phyllis, chicken & dumplings sound good. Do you make your own dumplings? Chicken pot pie is another thing we enjoy. I buy the Marie Callendar individual ones at Costco.

I have been working on this for too long and really need to get moving. Have a load of laundry waiting to go in the washer and some furniture that needs to be moved. Hello to Joanne, Renate, Gramma and others. I will check in later.

RGK Offline
#2192 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:22:36 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good afternoon castlemates,
Pat, did you get your errands done this morning? The snow and ice are so annoying -you're right. So tired of temps below freezing. We're supposed to have freezing rain/ice tomorrow and I am staying in. Maybe it won't happen. I walk in the bldg. Usually 2 laps at a time. It might be a little less than 3 miles but still good. I have a walking buddy and we try to do it every workday. Good stress relief besides the other benefits.
Deb, I had put in too many hours this week and left a little early yesterday. We had snow in the morning and I went straight home, laundry, cleaning, getting a head start.Bummer on the dr. Didn't you have to switch last year and this was the new one? Good you can combine (new)dr visit with fun stops. Gracie is doing good, keep it up little puppy!! Sorry about the pain dh has, hoping he will be better soon. Dinner sounded yummy, glad you had enough for tonight.
Jess, happy SC and enjoy the rest of the weekend plans. I hear you about the co-worker, complaining to the boss does not seem to help, it just upsets you more. Do you have a happy place in your head you can go to when you are annoyed?
Phyllis, no snow today. Actually, the sun came out and I hear the melting snow dripping from the roof. Tomorrow's mess is supposed to turn into rain eventually, hopefully before Monday morning!
I went shopping this morning, just A (got a few small things) and J (one small ribbon/tape). Did not need anything but just wanted to do a quick stop. Costco, commissary and Staples and I was done. We are having leftover takeout pizza and bread sticks for dinner. More time to play later!!
Hello to Joanne, Gramma, Karen.....Renate
Dbson Offline
#2193 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:21:50 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Morning, not starting out to be a good one here.....one guess and you will know 'who' is the reason....my heart is very heavy with the cruelness of her words/actions.....determined my family day next Sunday will be a celebration of happiness...

Renate I did change dr's last year when mine moved to another town, after closing the office here and 'not' telling patients....I didn't like that part...opened his office about 30 miles away and hubby still goes to him, but there are too many others to choose from.

Got the b'day cards for family taken care of yesterday, made Austin a 'money roll box', hope he likes it...taped 20 $1 bills together.....

Hope everyone has a great day.....my attitude is in check again, took a short vacation this morning but back on track again....

Edited by user Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:14:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

housefullofrotties Offline
#2194 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:23:47 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I think it went by just as fast as it always does!

Phyllis~My tator tot casserole has ground beef, green beans, cream of chicken (cream of mushroom is the norm, but I hate mushrooms and will do whatever I can to not use it!!), salt and pepper and topped with tator tots! Did you get out to do any shopping? I saw A's had a good doorbuster!

Deb~Glad to hear Gracie is doing so good. Sorry DH's hip is bothering him. That's got to be awfully uncomfortable. Glad you were able to reign in your attitude after a short lapse. Hugs to you!

Pat~Cash or gift cards are always a hit with the kids. I just sent one out to a niece last week. Can't tell you how much it annoys me that I don't get a thank you. Sure hope you get them!!

Renate~Glad you got to start your weekend a few hours early. Sounds like you got a lot done at home. I've taken to mumbling under my breath and swearing a lot to deal with co-worker!Wink

Gosh the weekend really went by fast. I feel like I spent a lot of time in the kitchen this weekend. Made some english toffee bars that turned out really good! Got insulation for the garage, went grocery shopping. Read a few books, put together a big SU order (need to submit it yet), made a couple card samples, had a nice visit with sis and friend. No shooting. Crappy weather right now. It's been snowing for a few hours and started sleeting a bit ago. A little lightning and thunder thrown in for good measure. Need to think about getting ready for bed. Have a good night.

Jess
RGK Offline
#2195 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:51:26 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening everyone,
just a quick fly-by. I stayed in all day, never got the fr.rain/ice, which was fine with me. Got a lot more scanning done. I'm trying to straighten out my OMG room now, again.
Deb, sorry about dr trouble. It's such a personal thing and you want to feel comfortable with your doctor. Hope you'll find one soon. Austin will be happy about the 'money-roll-box'. Very creative gift.
Jess, just how many hours did your weekend have??? Seems like you stuffed in 3 day's worth of activities. Good way to deal with the coworker, better than holding it in. I'm sorry your weather is getting so nasty, be careful driving in the wee hours of the morning.
Pat, are you having to deal with the 'pink' on the weather map? Hope you are safe, Karen too and my son and his family.
I hope everyone is doing well. Good night.
Renate
#2196 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 12:35:45 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello to all! Hope everyone with bad weather is safe.

Renate~Good job on all the scanning. It's nice to stay in sometimes. Those rooms sure don't stay clean for long! I'm going to take the big truck to work today and DH can have the jeep. I'll feel a bit safer.

Have a great day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2197 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 8:24:58 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning. Not sure where to start today, but I best get moving. I have pretty much been glued to my computer the past 2 days. It has been a long time since I have done so much research, but it has paid off big time. Jim was a big help.
Consequently, I didn't get to work on any of my cards or other projects. There is a get together at a friends next Monday tho', so my plan is to work on the cards then. I may end up having to assemble the cuts I did for the grands since schedules and weather are not working for us to get together.

Soooo, let me *ketch up* here..
Deb, glad you are able to keep the attitude in check and not let that person ruin your day. I didn't get on the bike all weekend, but I will today and hopefully all week. I would like to be walking and might try this week as the weather is going to warm up and all the *stuff* will be washed away. Hope Howard's hip feels better soon.
Jess, I think you were very productive. DGS is happy to have cash/gc so he has money to spend in NY this spring. He is so excited to be going to the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero, as well as the Empire State building.
Renate, I see you are back to the scanning. I need to do some filing one of these days. And I need to add some scans to my travel flash drive. Always some project looming.

I have 4 more days to do free cuts from CCR, so plan to do those using up more scraps. It is a good project for the evenings, but I am running out of them.
Hello to Phyllis, Gramma, Joanne and others who stop by. I do need to get busy.
Dbson Offline
#2198 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 9:16:44 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Monday morning....another phone call early this morning but it was really nothing....attitude is in check today, again......sun is out and whatever the day brings, it will be a great one.....waiting on the fence man to come and give us an estimate about new fence....ours is about 35 years old and looks bad....got in my retreat stuff and repacked it for my upcoming weekend....we don't have to furnish any linens at this place and that will lighten my load a lot....still working on card pieces so I can be productive...
Pat I understand on the research, I really need to sit down and learn this new Family Tree, way different than my old version and I am lost.....have some recent obits I need to add.
Hope everyone has a great day, added some white wheat flour to my rustic sourdough bread, also used my mixer this morning....will see how it taste, just had some cinnamon/raisin bread and yogurt....now to get my day going......later......
Gramma Offline
#2199 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 10:19:54 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings Castlepeople! Grey and dreary here too... warmish 34 degrees.

Pat, 25 Easter cards on the way to you this morning.

Deb, more hugs coming your way.

Jess, Renate, Phyllis, Joanne, Karen {{hugs}} to you too!

I got myself into a pickle.. decide to re-organize my stamps so I didn't have to look through all of them to find the one I want. Recently put them all into jewel cases.. drug them out again, did some preliminary sorting and now in the midst of putting them all back. What a dip ship I am! I do think it will be a huge improvement over what I had... I hope.

Stay warm and fuzzy everybody!
Hugz,
Gramma
PS: Thanks for the card compliments on Facebook.
RGK Offline
#2200 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:46:48 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good afternoon,
Jess, hope your drive to and from work was safe. Do you have far to go? My room never stays clean for long. Can't even blame it on anyone else...
Pat, great productive weekend for you. Glad you had much success. I do not like filing at all either but it's necessary. Trying to get as much as possible scanned and only keep hard copies that either I need or that can be shredded down the road. You're right about always another project looming. Did you get caught in the ice today? Hope it will all be gone soon.
Deb, great attitude check. Do you need a big fence? What kind are you thinking of getting? 35 years is a long time. Lucky you on the retreat this weekend. Sounds like fun. You need the break!!
Your baked goods sound sooo good, as always.
Gramma, sorry your improvement didn't work out. Eventually you'll come up with a system that works great. Then you can share it with the rest of us LOL.
It was milder here today, but wet. Tomorrow it will be 64*, then back down to 20* on Friday.--I better get productive before it gets late and I get tired.
Hello to everyone stopping by. Renate
Dbson Offline
#2201 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:43:20 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, Gramma I always smile when I read your post.....I hear you on the stamp storage....been there and done that....
Pat hubby's hip is better, well it was til he sat down wrong in the chair for lunchOhMyGod OhMyGod he said 'ouch'....that hurt.....maybe a few days will get him better.....he has been walking when the weather is good....his aim is to play a few holes of golf this spring.....
Renate the fence we have is chain link, 3 gates, we just want to replace it all....suppose to hit 70* tomorrow and I will be stuck inside ALL day longThumbDown ThumbDown
Worked most of the day on cuts and getting my stuff together, trying to consolidate it into just a couple of containers. The white wheat bread turned out very good, one end stuck to the pan so of course I had to sample itBigGrin BigGrin slathered with butter.....yummy.....
Have a great night, need to be up early tomorrow, another work day on retreat stuff...be gone most all day....
#2202 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:39:43 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy middle of the night to all! Have a stress free, production filled day! Hope those that have nice weather get to enjoy it. We have rain!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2203 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:59:58 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Tuesday morning from the thawing mid Atlantic. Going to be right warm today and tomorrow, but then get COLD again. I have errands to run today and I am already behind when I wanted to leave. Tomorrow we will have rain and t'storms, so I want to get the errands ran today.
Deb, I am thinking you are off to the retreat prep gathering. I need to be ready for next Monday and then I really need to get to work on being ready for the crop in March. Anyway, I hope you have a fun day. I am still using one of he older FTM. Sometimes the upgrade is not that different. I think Jim is using a newer version though.
Gramma, I will be on the lookout for the cards. I need to cut grass strips today, but first I need to gather all my green scraps.
Quick hello to everyone else.. If I don't get out of here, it will be too late.
#2204 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:14:38 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! Hope the day was good to everyone!

Pat~Way to go on the research! That's got to be quite satisfying! Hope you can figure out a way to get some time together with the grands. How very cool that DGS is going to NYC! I bet he'll have a blast. Is your crop in March a weekend long event? Are you staying somewhere?

Deb~Hope you get a reasonable estimate on the fence. Hope your retreat work went smoothly. I never would have realized so much time was put into it.

Gramma~Hope you're organization attempt is going well!

Renate~I did make it safely to work. It's not too far, about 15 minutes. Part of it is county roads and they aren't always plowed early. Actually, at the time of day I go in, most plowing isn't done! How is your work week so far?

I'm pleased that my work week is done hour-wise. I had big plans to do a few things around here after work and I was overtaken by a nap. Kicking myself now. With nap or without, I'm still tired and I haven't done enough around here. We're having leftovers tonight so that's a break for me! I decided to change some paper sizes on one of my cards so I need to get back in my room and redo my samples. Hopefully tonight. Need to deal with some paper clutter. Have a nice evening.

Jess
RGK Offline
#2205 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:52:00 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening - quiet in the castle...
Pat, did you run the errands today as planned? Seems like the weather is changing daily. 60+ here today and by Friday down to 20+. We're due to get the tstorm that you might get tomorrow.
Jess, how is your work week done hour-wise? You must have needed that nap, hope you stopped beating yourself up over it. Did you get the paper cutting accomplished? Sorry you have to deal with dangerous roads in the middle of the night, going to work.
I was glad to get today over with. Got one of my once every 2 or 3 years colds. It started last night and went full force today as the day went on. Not sure about tomorrow yet. I'll decide what to do when I wake up in the morning.
I hope everyone is having a good day/evening. Hello to all. Renate
#2206 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:46:30 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Oops, that was a typo, Renate! I meant my work week is half over, I have more than 20 hours in. Sorry for the confusion! Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you get a good nights rest and feel better in the morning.

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2207 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:01:02 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello castle mates, I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll try.

Pat, looks like your research is going good. Did you get all your errands done today? Where is your March crop?

Deb, keep it up on the attitude check. Glad DH is doing better. Retreat stuff done yet? Hope your fence plans come together.

Gramma, how did your stamp organization turn out? Sometimes when I'm trying to organize, I end up back to the original plan. My stamps are all over the place.

Renate, my room doesn't stay clean for long either. Weather here was beautiful today but short lived. Oh, bummer on the cold, I vote for staying home tomorrow.

Jess, you are out before the salt and plow trucks, that's a bummer. I agree with Renate, don't beat yourself up over the nap, when you're tired, you're tired. You accomplish a lot so your deserve it.

I've not accomplished anything today except for Dr.'s appt, had blood work and got a pneumonia shot, my arm is pretty sore too. He said I should get a shingles shot but wanted me to check to make sure my insurance would pay since they cost $250, guess I'll check and get that too. I spend way longer than I should have there due to having a long conversation with the lab nurse about our dogs. She is such a good nurse and person. What a gorgeous day we had today but oh my, the freeze is coming back.

Hello to everyone else.

#2208 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:36:17 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone has a good day!

Phyllis~Hope everything went well at the Dr and your arm is feeling better. Holy crap on the cost of the other shot.

Just as tired as I knew I would be! 5-9 inches of snow today. What a bunch of crazy weather we're having.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2209 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:02:52 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Morning, woke up about 2:15, finally got up about 3:15...wanted to check the skies since the wind was starting to blow....decided I better post in case we lose power, nasty storms may roll in later this morning...county spelling bee was postponed for this morning also. Retreat work went well, but not nearly enough hours in the day to be 'done'. I never knew how much work went into the weekend until I became a 'helper'....but we will be rewarded with chances to win great prizes...plus they are baking cupcakes on Wed for our 'cupcake' party Friday night.....I am going to head out early on the 7th for a stop by M's on the way.....then meet up with them....so next week I will be very busy with lots of bread baking....most all my craft items are packed/ready to load....will need to swap out vehicles about Tuesday....

Renate sorry you are sick, hope it doesn't linger with you. The temp changes are enough to make anyone sick.....

Phyllis one reason I waited to get the shingles shot was that exact reason...the cost....but I got mine at the drs office and have received no bill, so I guess my insurance took care of it once I turned 60. Hope your arm is better...

Pat hope you got your grass cut.....I would like to get more card ideas together today....

Tomorrow will be a busy house clean up day ..then the rest of the week will be prep work for a big day Sunday, I know Shane's in-laws are coming, believe Savanna will be off work also. Plus ballgame Fri night for Caleb, guess hubby will have to go Austin's game alone Sat morn while I am cooking.....better get off, got a little ball of fur trying to help me type...morning to everyone else that drops in, later.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:03:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#2210 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:18:31 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening,
It got up to 65* today but windy. The storm last night left some damage at the Castleton Costco.
Jess, MOW day today, sorry you're getting so much snow. You're probably used to it, but enough is enough. I imagine you are out there before the plows.
Phyllis, ouch on the shot and bloodwork. Can your insurance get the shingles shot pre-approved? My insurance company paid for it, since it is preventive. It's a very expensive shot.--I always picture your room the way it looked when you first got it 're-done'.
Deb, hope the storms were not as bad as predicted. How are the fence plans coming along? Sounds like you will be busy all week getting ready for big Sunday and the retreat.
Phyllis, I voted for staying home today too. Went to bed early with a big cold med headache and woke up several times. I waited several hours until the medicine effect wore off before taking a Motrin. I can't remember the last time I called in sick but was glad I did. Should be better tomorrow. I got a little more done on my scanning project today.
I hope everyone is well, hellos to Pat, Gramma, Joanne and Karen. Renate
Dbson Offline
#2211 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:57:32 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, rain rain go away....it rained all day, we had a nasty storm roll over and it was the one (per the weatherman) that passed over us and developed into the possible tornado in NE GA.....but it is about over here, going to turn cold too....we had breakfast for supper, made biscuits, cooked ham and an egg....sent MIL a plate too....

Renate glad you stayed home, hope you are much improved tomorrow....nothing on the fence, yet...he was finishing up a job and going on a cruise so he might not have gotten done in time for us, but that's ok.

Jess boo on the snow, hope your travel to and from work wasn't bad....

I didn't get much other stuff done in my room, hubby asked did he have some cinnamon rolls to take to the dentist office in the morning...uh no....but I did have the KA starter out and used that for 2 pans of rolls...hope they turn out....

Well I need to get some laundry swapped out in the washer/dryer and I may go to bed early tonight....hope everyone has a great evening, hello to all that might drop in.....

Phyllis Offline
#2212 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:53:13 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good evening ladies. I guess it was nice here today, haven't been out of the house. I had some very bad side effects from the pneumonia shot last night and today, didn't sleep and have been laying on the couch all day, it really knocked me off my feet, feeling mostly better now. Broke my glasses last night, DH took them to the eye Dr. today but they couldn't fix them, they broke in half at the nose piece. He made an appt for me tomorrow since I'm overdue anyway, luckily I do have my old ones that will get me through.

Deb, I heard about a tornado somewhere in Alabama. We had some storms come through at 6:30 am this morning. Crazy weather.

Jess, Holy moly on the 5-9 inches of snow. I guess you are used to it by now. We've had some rain and temps are dropping.

Renate, glad you decided to take the day off, take care of yourself. I think my insurance will pay for the shingles shot but at this moment, I just am not in the mood for another shot although I will probably be OK with it, just a little shot shy right now.

Hello to Pat and Gramma. Wonder where Joanne is?
imnchghere Offline
#2213 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:06:04 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening from VERY wet and windy MD. I think I just heard we had had about 3" in my immediate area. We probably will have another inch tonight, maybe more. We were under a tornado watch also. Flash flood warning is the big thing. We were also around 70 today, will be down to 40 tomorrow. Geeeesh.
Phyllis, sorry about the reaction to the shot. And then to break your glasses also. I always hang onto my old pair for that reason.
Gramma, your cards came today. Thank you SO much for the card. I have someone special to send it to. There is a LOT of work to those cards.
Renate, sorry you had to take the day off, but it was probably better you did. I know that Costco in Castleton. Our area has had a lot of damage today, and I am sure there will be more during the night.
Been doing cuts all evening for cards. I am hoping to get some more of the free cuts tomorrow (last day. Can't believe all the scrap paper I have used up. Great, but it is barely making a dent.
Deb, do I understand that this weekend is the family gathering and then the following weekend is your retreat? Today I managed to ride the bike 4 miles. I was surprised as I had been only doing 1 or 2. I will try for 5 tomorrow.

Well, my cuts are done and I am going to call it quits. I will clean up tomorrow.
#2214 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:36:51 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good middle of the night! Hope everyone has a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2215 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:35:53 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, a beautiful sunny day, but a little nippy. Got my housework done, swept out the garage and vacuumed the bug....made it all 31 days on the Wii, feels good to still have a good attitude....also wearing my pedometer and counting steps.....

Pat you are right about my upcoming events, I will run errands tomorrow to pick up last minute items...glad you found some cuts to use scrap papers, I have of late been throwing away much of my scrap papers when I finish a cut....only save if I know that I need it as a layer on the card sentiment.

Phyllis hope you feel better today....I never felt the shingles shot.....hubby had a huge knot when he got his shot....sad about all the destruction from the storms. Boo on the glasses....at least you have a back up pair.......

Renate are you better? Take it easy....

Jess how was your day? Snow....whew.......that is a lot to drive in for sure....

Spelling be is now on Feb 6th, DGS's 10th b'day...so that cuts into my bread baking time but I will manage to get everything done....

Hello to Gramma, Joann and anyone else that might drop in......supper is left over's from last night...biscuits, ham and maybe another egg.....have a great night.....

RGK Offline
#2216 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:35:02 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello from wet/cold Indy,
We had snow showers (whiteouts) today, followed by sunshine. Cold temps and windy.
Phyllis, I hang on to my old glasses too. Had my new ones two months and already the screws fell out twice. Lucky I was sitting down and caught the lens. I understand you are a little shot shy at the moment, maybe you'll feel like it on your next dr visit.
Deb, you sure got a lot of rain. It's funny how we go through 2 or 3 seasons in a few days. Glad you were spared the tornado worries. Breakfast for supper is always good. I see you are into feeding the dentist office again. I bet they love it when you have an appointment. Congrats on your unbroken Wii and attitude record.
Jess, down to the last work day for the week. Hope it is uneventful.
Pat, glad you got to use some of your scrap. Never makes a big dent though. I hate to throw good paper away...Great on your bike riding mileage. Yes I figured you knew the Costco, that's the one I go to. I'm sure it's cleaned up, good thing it did not happen on a busy Saturday or Sunday morning, the place is always packed then.
There was a big pileup on I70 today, 35-40 vehicles involved. No fatalities but some injuries. They said the snow squalls might have played a roll, and of course speed.
I feel much better today, still have some runny nose issue but the sick feeling is gone.
No scanning tonight. I'm going to take it easy and then turn in early. Hello to all who might stop by. Renate
#2217 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 1:29:23 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! Have a fabulous day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2218 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 6:56:36 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and TGIF. Woke up to a heavy dusting of snow this am. About 1/2" and it is the light fluffy stuff that you can sweep away. I also see blue skies. Got all my cuts put through the xyron last night. Next step is to cut some bases and pattern papers. Those cards are what I will be working on at my friend's on Monday.
Deb, you seem to have everything under control for the weekend. I got the new KA catalog last week and it features artisan breads. I am thinking I need to get my starter out and make some bread. The Irish soda bread also looked good.

I need to tidy up through the house today and maybe do a load of laundry. I also want to get everything society related taken care of. AND.... I WILL go for 5mi on the bike. Other than that it is the same-o same-o here. Trying to get the page kits together for the crop in March. Maybe now that the card parts are done, I can focus on those kits.

Gramma, I hope jury duty doesn't happen today for you.
Renate, glad you feel a bit better and I hope you and Jess have an easy end to the week.
Phyllis, how are you feeling?
Hello to Joanne and anyone else who stops by or that I missed. I need to get something to eat and make the bed. Make it a good one in the castle ladies!!

Gramma Offline
#2219 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 11:27:05 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hello Castle-people...

Got home from my trip to the County Seat.. I drove over in a blizzard to answer my Jury Summons. 2 1/2 hours later I was excused and had to drive back home in the same blizzard. Thank goodness I did get excused. They said this trial may last two weeks.

The stamp project is complete, but I didn't get the extra storage room I was hoping for. Instead I need another cabinet to hold more CD's. The one I have, they quit making. I told DH he would have to make me one and I swear he looked at me like I had two heads. Whaaat????????? He has all the tools.. he should learn to use them right?

Anyway, sounds like the rest of the country is getting crazy weather too! The last report I saw we could get some sun next Wednesday... Yippee... I wanna go to AZ.
Phyllis I hope your arm is feeling better.
Renate I hope you're feeling better.
TGIF and Happy Superbowl weekend to Jess.
Pat I'm glad you liked the card. Were you able to use the card with the mini blind? I wasn't sure that would work for CFS, that's why I switched to shutters.
Deb I was happy to read that the storm went over you and didn't do much damage. I hope little Gracie is doing well and the rest of your family too. Enjoy your retreat!

Hugz and warm wishes,
Gramma

Edited by user Friday, February 01, 2013 11:27:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Phyllis Offline
#2220 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 9:31:13 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Looks like everyone is still very busy.

Pat, I see you and Deb are busy riding your bikes, you should meet up in a week or so, LOL. I am feeling much much better, it only lasted about 24 hours but sure wiped me out during that time. We had a dusting of snow last night too, more on it's way tomorrow.

Deb, I see you're still making bread. I haven't made any more sour dough bread but have been making a lot of yeast rolls which we like just as well and a lot less time. I've been experimenting with a lot of different recipes. Hope MIL issues will work out.

Renate, those pile ups are becoming quite frequent in our areas aren't they? Makes me afraid to get out. Glad you're feeling better. We are supposed to get 2.5 to 3 inches of snow early tomorrow morning and I'm sure you are in the path of the same weather and will probably get more than we do.

Gramma, glad you were excused from jury duty but sorry you spent so much time going and coming. Pat needs to post a picture of the card you sent her, it sure sound fantastic.

Jess, happy weekend to you, hope you get lots of me time. Enjoy the football, I may watch for the commercials.

I did go to the eye doctor yesterday and getting new glasses plus new frames for the old ones. Wasn't quite ready for that expense right now but I do need my glasses. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hello to anyone else that drops by.