Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
DianDabek Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:22:56 AM(UTC)
DianDabek

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/1/2007(UTC)
Posts: 32

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have been a member on this board for many years, but have not been posting lately because of work and life.
Hurricane Sandy has changed our lives and I need to sell my entire collection. I have:

Original expression in champagne
E2 expression Anniversary edition
Gypsy with all accessories
100+ cartridges with boxes I will list when I get home
mates, blades,
whatever I have I will include

Would $1200.00 be realistic do you think?
Please let me know what you all think.
Thank you

Dian Dabek

cynlynn.atkinsa10a5682 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:35:51 AM(UTC)
cynlynn.atkinsa10a5682

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/18/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2

I am very sorry to hear about this! My heart gos out to you and all of the victims still dealing with cleaning up and repairing not only material and emotional. If you would be willing to sell them separate, I am be interested in a few of your cartridges. I am really on the hunt for Hello Kitty (me and everyone right), Toy Story and Heritage. Please let me know your thoughts either thru here or email (cynlynaroos@gmail.com)
GailHamilton Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:58:58 AM(UTC)
GailHamilton

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,435

Thanks: 873 times
Was thanked: 256 time(s) in 178 post(s)
Personally, I think you would be "giving it away" at that price. I would ask a LOT more than that. At 1,200 you are only getting 12.00 a cart and your Gypsy and Expression would be basically given away for FREE. I would ask at LEAST 15.00 per cart and I would sell the Gypsy and Expression separately. You will get a lot more money for the items that you paid hard earned money for.
Hugs (and lots of them) going out to you,
Gail
cricutjunky Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:16:36 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/1/2011(UTC)
Posts: 983
Location: Brazoria, Tx MQ Pg.9 #262

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
I agree with Gail. It might be more time consuming, but you would make alot more money if you sold everything separately. a Gypsy with that many carts would be worth ALOT. And if you had the more popular carts like Hello Kitty that is going for hundreds and the Disney carts are going for nearly a hundred, it would be worth your time.
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:59:49 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 7/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,849
United States
Location: FB: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 8587 times
Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
Like the others, I would sell them separately. Someone who has a Cricut probably has a lot of the same carts you do and wouldn't want to spend that much for duplicates. And someone just starting out and wanting a Cricut, probably wouldn't want to spend that much right away.

There are some carts that will fetch a pretty penny on their own. Check the SOLD listings on ebay for some ideas.

People are becoming more informed consumers when it comes to purchasing a used Gypsy and especially one that costs a lot because it has a lot of carts loaded on it. If there is ever a problem with the Gypsy and it needs to be reformatted, they lose all the carts they don't physically have to relink. Many won't take that risk.


So sorry you are dealing with the aftermath of Sandy! Where are the government and insurance funds you and your neighbors need? I can't stand that our country will send thousands to others for relief efforts and not "rush" the money to our own citizens! Mad

Edited by user Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:01:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DianDabek Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:16:27 AM(UTC)
DianDabek

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/1/2007(UTC)
Posts: 32

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thank you all for your thoughts. What people outside of this area do not realize, (and I didn't either until it effected me) is that
the government is absolutely no help. FEMA is backlogged up to six months. They had a meeting the other night and they are
changing the flood zones from A to V which means this. If your house does not meet the requirements of being 11 1/2 feet from the
bottom of your floor to the sea level you have two choices. Raise the house at a cost of $60,000+ or pay up to $1,000 a month in
flood insurance. The flood insurance has a deductible of between $7,000 and $10,000. It will not cover anything outside or damaged
by wind for instance a tree falling into your house. It only covers first floor water damage to walls, furniture, appliances and floors.

They will give you a low interest loan for $30,000 but it will take up to 18 months to process. It is truly unbelievable. I fear the
Jersey shore is going to be a wasteland of empty houses and rubbage all over. In the town that I live my taxes just doubled from
a re-assesment. No one will buy these homes because of all the problems so we are stuck waiting for relief from either city or state
government.

On another note, I do not have a disney carts, but I do have some really old ones. I do not think I even made three cuts with the E2
I have to check but my gypsy may still be under warrenty I purchased from HSN and I am including all original boxes. I will do as
you guys suggested and list my carts here too.

Dian
 1 user thanked DianDabek for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/27/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:26:35 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
My heart goes out to you, I just can't imagine what you have been and will be going through. I agree $1,200 is WAY too low, I would edge closer to $2K. Like the others say, you will get probably get 3 to 4 times the amount of money selling separately.

If you don't want to sell the Cartridges separately, then go through, pull out the ones that are selling for a high price, usually discontinued cartridges and then package some of them together.

I see many Ebay seller list several Cartridges for Sale and it is one listing, then the Buyer selects which Cartridges and sees the price for it. Keep in mind that between the Ebay and Paypal Fees it will cost you about 9.5%. I have found that you can usually sell the Cartridge easier by offering Free Shipping, just mark up the selling price to cover it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...amp;hash=item3a7da34515

You might try Craigslist, you usually will get a better price and no need to ship.

Good Luck, my prayers and thoughts go out to you.
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:28:39 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 483
Location: united kingdom

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 96 post(s)
If you live in the uk most of the carts go for 20 to 40 english pounds if you have a hello kitty one that will go for 100+ english pounds . so have a look on ebay at the compleated listings you might get a bit more for the carts . good look .
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:55:55 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/5/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,747
Location: South Texas Coast, MQ #349

Thanks: 948 times
Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 451 post(s)
My heart goes out to you. Dian, I will keep you and your neighbors in my prayers. I used to have a lot of friends and family in the Jersey Shore area, but most have passed away or moved... I have fond memories of the day after Thanksgiving....

My brother and his family live within sight of Long Island Sound, but on the Connecticut side. I didn't realize the damage was so bad in New Jersey. FEMA and the Feds should be horsewhipped and forced to live in some of the most damaged areas. Maybe that would get their tails in gear. I read of a Post Office that greatly improved its service when the employees were mailed their paychecks. This behavior on the part of our government is deplorable.

Do consider selling separately. I just bought an E2 for $185 and thought I got a good deal. The Gypsy, being discontinued, should sell by itself for more, and I really don't need another baby bug, champagne or no.... but a lot of people will be interested in the rare carts (I for one really want Toy Story - I didn't buy when it was available because of all the little pieces I anticipated, but now I'm really, really sorry.....).

I know you are in a hurry to sell, but you will get more $ faster if you split things up. You can sell here on the boards, ebay and craigslist.

Good luck to you.
Cricut {{{HUGz}}}

NGGG
1CoolMom Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:35:25 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/13/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,557

Thanks: 301 times
Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)

I am sorry you are having to deal with this long slow process. I know from my family's experience with Katrina it is hard to not have the things you need when you need them. I will be praying for you.
Calmom Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:10:03 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NotGoingGreyGracefully Go to Quoted Post
My heart goes out to you. Dian, I will keep you and your neighbors in my prayers. I used to have a lot of friends and family in the Jersey Shore area, but most have passed away or moved... I have fond memories of the day after Thanksgiving....

My brother and his family live within sight of Long Island Sound, but on the Connecticut side. I didn't realize the damage was so bad in New Jersey. FEMA and the Feds should be horsewhipped and forced to live in some of the most damaged areas. Maybe that would get their tails in gear. I read of a Post Office that greatly improved its service when the employees were mailed their paychecks. This behavior on the part of our government is deplorable.

Do consider selling separately. I just bought an E2 for $185 and thought I got a good deal. The Gypsy, being discontinued, should sell by itself for more, and I really don't need another baby bug, champagne or no.... but a lot of people will be interested in the rare carts (I for one really want Toy Story - I didn't buy when it was available because of all the little pieces I anticipated, but now I'm really, really sorry.....).

I know you are in a hurry to sell, but you will get more $ faster if you split things up. You can sell here on the boards, ebay and craigslist.

Good luck to you.
Cricut {{{HUGz}}}

NGGG


I wasn't aware that PC made an announcement that they discontinued the Gypsy. Where did you see the announcement? Thanks

TinaW528 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:40:42 PM(UTC)
TinaW528

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 3/27/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,019

Thanks: 381 times
Was thanked: 726 time(s) in 617 post(s)
Wow. So sorry for your loss and the difficult time getting help. You are right, outside of where you are, it is hard for it to seem real. Good luck selling your cricut items. I agree, selling them separately would be a good idea.
SheilaToppi Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 3:34:52 AM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 146

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
First let me say my heart goes out to you.

Second, I'm shocked at how many people see telling her to sell the carts separately. The carts are LINKED to the Gypsy and therefore MUST be sold WITH the Gypsy! I'm baffled every time I see someone selling all their carts and keeping the Gypsy with linked carts or selling a Gypsy with tons if linked carts but keeping the carts--like doubling their money. You CANNOT do that! The person that bugs the Gypsy is screwed if it breaks and needs to be repaired or replaced because all the carts would need to be relinked. Otherwise, you're stuck with a useless machine.

If she were to try to sell it on eBay without including the carts, the auction would likely be pulled.
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 3:57:04 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 483
Location: united kingdom

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 96 post(s)
I have just been on the engldnd ebay site and someone is selling the hello kitty carts brand new and in blister pack for £160.00 start for the shaped one and buy it now at220.00 and the font one at 230.00 start bid or 320.00 buy it now so that give some idar of how much some of the carts are going for here . as to them being linked to a gyspy there are always lots of them being sold seperatly in the uk although i do get what the comment from sheila is going on about and can see her point . I just wish we could get the normal carts for the prices that some of you say you get them for in the uk that would be briliant as i said ing my post above if it is a new cart if you get ut for about£20 000 english pounds you are doing well most new are averaging abous £30 or nearer £40 english pounds you do the conversion to U.S dollars and think ypurselfs lucky
scrapalette Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:18:04 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 7/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,849
United States
Location: FB: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 8587 times
Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SheilaToppi Go to Quoted Post
First let me say my heart goes out to you.

Second, I'm shocked at how many people see telling her to sell the carts separately. The carts are LINKED to the Gypsy and therefore MUST be sold WITH the Gypsy! I'm baffled every time I see someone selling all their carts and keeping the Gypsy with linked carts or selling a Gypsy with tons if linked carts but keeping the carts--like doubling their money. You CANNOT do that! The person that bugs the Gypsy is screwed if it breaks and needs to be repaired or replaced because all the carts would need to be relinked. Otherwise, you're stuck with a useless machine.

If she were to try to sell it on eBay without including the carts, the auction would likely be pulled.


Welcome to the real world! In an ideal world, linked carts would be sold with the Gypsy they are linked to. But that hasn't happened for years. Plus, Gypsies are becoming irreparable and no replacements available. If PC really wanted to stop people from selling Gypsy linked carts, don't you think they would start on their own MB and delete those threads?

In the real world, the OP is in dire straits and needs money and is selling what she can to get money to take care of her family.
 3 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
trvkladd on 1/28/2013(UTC), mlharrell on 2/1/2013(UTC), ruhroh on 2/5/2013(UTC)
swatts66 Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 1:16:14 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 12/2/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,184
United States
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast

Thanks: 408 times
Was thanked: 1059 time(s) in 579 post(s)
I'm very sorry for your situation. My family endured Katrina and we spent nearly 3 years rebuilding. It's something that only those who have lived through it can possibly understand. In time things do get better but mostly that will be through YOUR efforts and not necessarily the governments. This is where your state and local governments have to demand the help. IMHO FEMA is worthless.....
trvkladd Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:23:57 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/11/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,447
United States
Location: MQ Pg. 14 #401

Thanks: 465 times
Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
My heart goes out to you and your family. I have tears in my eyes and my heart is breaking for you. I housed 31 people during the aftermath of Katrina. Mostly family but a few friends of family as well. The government is of no use. I'm so sorry that you have to sell your beloved possessions. I TOTALLY agree with everyone else... that you can and should sell everything separately. It will take more time but in the long run you'll make so much more. I hope you do well. I will be keeping you in our prayers.

~Rebecca
DianDabek Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:10:03 PM(UTC)
DianDabek

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/1/2007(UTC)
Posts: 32

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thank you all so much. It will all get better, material things are replaceable. Living in NJ is just such a burden with the big tax load they impose on us.

Hopefully we will never see a storm like that again.

:)
craft-mommy Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:40:58 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 345
United States
Location: Oklahoma

Thanks: 217 times
Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Hugs & Prayers are going to you & your family & the one's around you that was hit with that bad storm.
LizVellali Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:23:28 PM(UTC)
LizVellali

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 5,223
United States
Location: CT

Thanks: 2228 times
Was thanked: 4288 time(s) in 2388 post(s)
So sorry this happened to you. Good luck with your sale.
Aden's_Nana Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:14:18 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 892
Location: Indiana --MQ page 12 #356

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope things improve quickly for your family and all the others affected by the storm.


Jackie
Scraptastic Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:39:43 AM(UTC)
Scraptastic

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/11/2007(UTC)
Posts: 345
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 93 times
Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Go to Quoted Post
I have just been on the engldnd ebay site and someone is selling the hello kitty carts brand new and in blister pack for £160.00 start for the shaped one and buy it now at220.00 and the font one at 230.00 start bid or 320.00 buy it now so that give some idar of how much some of the carts are going for here . as to them being linked to a gyspy there are always lots of them being sold seperatly in the uk although i do get what the comment from sheila is going on about and can see her point . I just wish we could get the normal carts for the prices that some of you say you get them for in the uk that would be briliant as i said ing my post above if it is a new cart if you get ut for about£20 000 english pounds you are doing well most new are averaging abous £30 or nearer £40 english pounds you do the conversion to U.S dollars and think ypurselfs lucky


Not really, you make the UK £ spend the UK £ you can't say on well if I were to pay in $ then I would pay this or that. Here they make and pay in the US$ England pays and sells in the UK £.
Thats like me having a melt down because if I were to go to England I have to pay almost double for everything being as the £ is so much stronger than the US$

Not a valid argument unless you made US$ but had to pay in UK £'S

Godot's Girl Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:22:18 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/23/2012(UTC)
Posts: 5,494
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Thanks: 3411 times
Was thanked: 3029 time(s) in 1821 post(s)
Dian, I am so sorry you have to sell these items that have most likely brought you joy and sanity over the years. You definitely should sell everything separately as you will get more that way, though I understand that you may need the $$$$ immediately. To sell it all together you would have to reduce the price to so low an amount it just would be a shame for you. What you listed is more than fair, but is still a huge layout for most people. If you sell your items one by one, it would be easier to find several buyers rather than one buyer. I wish you an easy transaction, and many blessings. May God ease your situation, and provide the help you need. Praying for you, GG.
Calmom Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:54:34 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SheilaToppi Go to Quoted Post
First let me say my heart goes out to you.

Second, I'm shocked at how many people see telling her to sell the carts separately. The carts are LINKED to the Gypsy and therefore MUST be sold WITH the Gypsy! I'm baffled every time I see someone selling all their carts and keeping the Gypsy with linked carts or selling a Gypsy with tons if linked carts but keeping the carts--like doubling their money. You CANNOT do that! The person that bugs the Gypsy is screwed if it breaks and needs to be repaired or replaced because all the carts would need to be relinked. Otherwise, you're stuck with a useless machine.

If she were to try to sell it on eBay without including the carts, the auction would likely be pulled.


EBay has yet to pull ANY of the Auctions where they are sold separate, just look on EBay at all of them listed.

If a Buyer is willing to purchase a Gypsy without the Physical Cartridge, then that is their risk and obviously are willing to take it.

Did you read how the OP must sell everything? It would be nice if she could get the most out of it.

 1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
ruhroh on 2/5/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:58:06 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Dian, let us know what you have exactly, maybe a list that could be emailed if you didn't want to post on here. We try to help and support our Fellow Circle Members.

I wish I could do more for you, my prayers go out to you and your family.
ScrappinNanaK Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:19:28 PM(UTC)
ScrappinNanaK

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 377

Thanks: 122 times
Was thanked: 412 time(s) in 201 post(s)
I know for a fact that ebay can and has removed a listing of someone selling a gypsy with 163 linked carts as I was bidding on that item. I am including an email from ebay where they sent me an email stating the removed the listing this listing was for the gypsy with 163 linked cartridges only

(Thanks for your interest in this auction-style listing:

261125874592 - Cricut Gypspy Machine - Rarely Used,163 carts

We're sorry to tell you that the item isn't available for purchase anymore. We removed the listing because it likely fell into one of these three categories:

-- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.
-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
-- The listing contains pictures or words that may have violated copyright or trademark rights.

This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's an action we have to take to protect you as a buyer.

Important: If you won the item and haven't paid for it yet, you don't need to complete the transaction. If you've already paid for the item, we encourage you to contact the seller to get more information about the transaction. If you don't receive the item, your purchase price plus original shipping may be covered by the eBay resolution process:)
scrapalette Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:27:31 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 7/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,849
United States
Location: FB: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 8587 times
Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: soarineagle_98 Go to Quoted Post
I know for a fact that ebay can and has removed a listing of someone selling a gypsy with 163 linked carts as I was bidding on that item. I am including an email from ebay where they sent me an email stating the removed the listing this listing was for the gypsy with 163 linked cartridges only

(Thanks for your interest in this auction-style listing:

261125874592 - Cricut Gypspy Machine - Rarely Used,163 carts

We're sorry to tell you that the item isn't available for purchase anymore. We removed the listing because it likely fell into one of these three categories:

-- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.
-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.

-- The listing contains pictures or words that may have violated copyright or trademark rights.

This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's an action we have to take to protect you as a buyer.

Important: If you won the item and haven't paid for it yet, you don't need to complete the transaction. If you've already paid for the item, we encourage you to contact the seller to get more information about the transaction. If you don't receive the item, your purchase price plus original shipping may be covered by the eBay resolution process:)


Maybe the seller didn't use their own photos or maybe they used the Cricut logo or any other number of things that would have caused the VERO program to pick it up. None of the reasons given indicate it was pulled because you can't sell a Gypsy will carts linked to it. Huh
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
ruhroh on 2/5/2013(UTC)
SheilaToppi Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:29:19 PM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 146

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Trust me, that is EXACTLY why the auction was removed and why I have read on other message boards about MANY others bent removed as well. Of course some have gone through--that doesn't mean it's ok, that means the person wasn't caught. I'm not saying everyone that sells a Gypsy without the carts does it to screw someone over, but it is confusing to understand exactly his the whole thing works and there are many people who do not understand it or know about it and THAT is why I posted what I did.
SheilaToppi Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:31:19 PM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 146

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
And the issue is not that you CAN'T sell a Guosy with carts linked to it, of course you can, but you MUST include the actual carts with it, and THAT us why it would be pulled.
Calmom Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:28:08 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SheilaToppi Go to Quoted Post
Trust me, that is EXACTLY why the auction was removed and why I have read on other message boards about MANY others bent removed as well. Of course some have gone through--that doesn't mean it's ok, that means the person wasn't caught. I'm not saying everyone that sells a Gypsy without the carts does it to screw someone over, but it is confusing to understand exactly his the whole thing works and there are many people who do not understand it or know about it and THAT is why I posted what I did.


I have complete faith that anyone who purchases a used Gypsy with linked Cartridges, understands the risk, if the Cartridges are not included. Wouldn't you want to understand how a machine works prior to purchasing it? If someone didn't understand, they can certainly ask the Seller as many questions as they want.

Go check out Ebay, 80% of the Used Gypsys have linked Cartridges on it and the Cartridges are not included in the sale. I have had several fellow crafter sell their used Gypsy that have several linked Cartridges and they did NOT include the Cartridges. You will find that if someone includes the Cartridges, the selling price is substantially higher and most cannot afford. This allows a person to have a Gypsy with Images at a affordable price.

I hope you are never in the position that the OP is in, if you do, you might not be so judgmental. This poor woman and her family are just trying to survive after a horrible tragedy, have some compassion and support.

 3 users thanked Calmom for this useful post.
farmscraps on 1/31/2013(UTC), Hugabug on 1/31/2013(UTC), ruhroh on 2/5/2013(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.264 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01