Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
AcrossThePond Offline
#91 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 10:30:45 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Bingolady - Wonderful card, I love all the cuts. Makes the card so special.

Joanne - Very pretty card, I like the boarder punch.

Turtlebug - What a lovely card for #3, love all the work thats gone in to it. Great flowers.

Raquel - Beautiful photo of your daughter, thanks for sharing.

Gisele - Such a pretty card, great colours and I love your flowers. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this coming week.

Sue
 3 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/28/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/28/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/29/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#92 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:33:04 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone! I have a bit of news to share with you all and you all are probably going to think I've lost my mind (well, I think you all know I lost my mind ages ago)

I have officially signed up for 2... half marathons!

That's right! Two 13.1 mile races

I know... I know... with all the moving and packing and now this! HAH HAH!

The first race is in Disneyland in September and the second is in Disney World in November but since I'm soooooo out of shape, I need to start conditioning nowish
*NanaDonna* Offline
#93 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 2:39:08 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2589 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Hello Ladies - I am trying real hard to get at least one card done!Blushing
Today my hubby brought up from the shop my new HUGE paper shelf/rack. It is wonderful, so I have spent most of today trying to get it settles inBigGrin
But for now I have stopped working on that to try and get a card finished. Tomorrow is a very busy day for me AGAIN because my BFF and her hubby are coming over for dinner with their daughter and kids that are here visiting from Florida and Kentucky.

So off to work I go....................
TurtleBug Offline
#94 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:06:05 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 936 time(s) in 602 post(s)
I thought the 3rd time is a charm, but in my case it seems more like the 5th or 6th time. I believe I left off with Christine...so here goes..keep your fingers crossed!!LOL

christine,

As i was saying...I like the red glitter with the yellow cardstock and the Doggie's blinged collar.

ShelbyWoo
#1 - LOVE the colors in this card, the pretty blue flowers and frame. The BG pattern paper matches the details right on!
#2 - Very nice...same colors and papers but a totally different look. Did you make this card a #10 business envelope size? I really like the oblong shape of it. Different from the 2-3 usual size cards.
#3 - Like the colors and the pretty BG paper. Your co-worker will like it, for sure!
Ad Color Card - Such bright and bold colors, did you color all this? Very nice job.
Shelby,
Since you are into this type of art, are you familiar with the holiday "El Dia de Los Muertos", the "Day of the Dead"?? Most of the southwestern states are and since you live in Texas I thought you might be familiar with it. Look up the holiday online and you will probably find a ton of this type of artwork on there.

DeeScraps
Ad Colors Card - Like the nautical feel to this card and she is so cute!! Like the bright, bold colors and LOVE the way you did the banner. Perfect AC card!!

Raquel
Very pretty Sympathy card, love the colors and gold bow. The frame is very pretty, too. Sure to warm the reciepients heart, considering the circumstances.
#2 and Ex. Credit - Look at that face!!! Love this image and the banner. Like the Xs and Os BG paper matching the banner sentiment. Cute!!
Your DD looks so pretty & proud. OMG, look at that BIG blue ribbon...this one will go on the wall for sure...right?? This reminds me of when my daughter won an award for her essay in grade school during the Bicentennial. Her essay....."America, why are you 200 years old?". That was it, ONE sentence!LOL LOL

BingoLady
#1 and Ad Colors - Like the cuts... they show up very nice and you used the perfect sentiment. Like the way you used the ACs, especially the bright red hat, really makes it the focal point of the whole card.

Joanneobash
So good to see you back, but nice you are enjoying your time in Florida.
#3 - Very nice! The cup with flowers and the Ladybugs is very pretty, like the border cut with the ric rac. Did you like working with the fuzzy stuff, what did you use to apply it with?
Hope to see you back again soon.

Gisele
#1 - Beautiful!! You make the most beautiful cards all the time and this one is no exception. Love the colors and the pretty flowers. Did you add the embellishment to the ribbon, or did it come like that. looks very nice!

Raquel
I wouldn't say you lost your mind...you've just gone Bonkers...that's all!! All kidding aside, good for you. Don't worry about exercising, as soon as you start moving and going up and down those stairs carrying all the boxes you will be in tiptop shape in no time! I have a niece that lives in Phoenix and she is preparing for a Marathon too. She said she trained in the rain yesterday!! But, she is a runner and is always running in one race or another. Good luck to you!LOL LOL LOL

Crossing my fingers this goes through!!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:40:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/29/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/29/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#95 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:08:38 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Gisele, beautiful sketch 1 card! Love the papers, and those flowers are quite beautiful as well!

Raquel, I am so impressed with your will power! I exercise daily, but never to that extent of ever running in a marathon! You go girl!
 2 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/29/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/29/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#96 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:05:11 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

]My #3 Sketch Card in the Ad Colors and Extra Credit:

Scalloped Circle - Lacy LabelsCartridge
Happy B'day - Acrylic Stamp
Banner - Artist Cartridge
Pearl Flowers - Bought on-line from Consumer Crafts
Black Oval - Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge
Roses - Flower Shoppe Cartridge
This is my first time making these tiny Roses and they sure are hard on these old fingers, but they sure turn out pretty (at least they are suppose to turn out pretty!!LOL) I sprayed the flowers with silver Glimmer Mist (does'nt show too well). Added yellow ribbon, feather, and Black Glossy Photo Corners to the printed paper. I also popped the Happy B'day with 3-D tape.
TFL!!BigGrin

****I am re-posting this card cause I am learning how to post from pictures taken with my camera instead of scanned on the computer
Tanks!!BigGrin

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2013 6:21:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 1/28/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#97 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 7:22:17 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

First I will share a picture with you of the paper rack my hubby made for me. It is over 5 feet high.Huh talker than me,(thats not says muchLOL ) but he is a go big or go home kinda guy ha ha. I love it, still have a lot of shifting around to do still with all my other papers. Going to work with it for a while and figure out what I want where.

And I did get one card done. Here is my sketch #1
All cuts are from Art Philosophy cartridge. Papers are CTMH

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2013 7:25:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#98 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 7:24:17 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - glad you figured out to post that pisture from PB. Card is awesome and you can see so many more details this way.
AcrossThePond Offline
#99 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:57:01 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Raquel - OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod you do like a challenge. Still DH will keep you on track.

NanaDonna - I have never heard that one before "go big or go home"Laugh your hubby must love his hobby, the shelf looks great. What fun sorting out.
Your card is lovely, I do like that big flower paper.

Sue
SandyPalmer Offline
#100 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:43:33 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Donna, wow, look at all those ribbons you own! I want to come play! Wink Wow, wonderful paper rack your hubby made! I am sure you will have it all set up to your liking very soon! Thanks for sharing it with us! Lovely sketch 1 card! Beautiful flowers!
Gisele Offline
#101 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:01:40 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Raquel - good luck with your training! Very ambitious to do 2 just a few months apart!

Turtlebug - You have been so persistent with the MB, thanks for taking the time to comment! I did add the bling myself to the ribbon on my Sketch #1 card.

Donna - I agree with Sandy - when can we come over to craft and use your ribbons and papers! BigGrin What a wonderful paper storage unit....I showed it to my DH but unfortunately I don't have the room right now. That's a pretty Sketch #1 card and beautiful flower.

I have the sketches ready and I'm working on the samples. I am still debating about the extra credit so you'll just have to wait until later on tonight to see what is in store for next week's sketches.

Have a great day!

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/29/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#102 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:47:53 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: SandyPalmer Go to Quoted Post
Donna, wow, look at all those ribbons you own! I want to come play! Wink Wow, wonderful paper rack your hubby made! I am sure you will have it all set up to your liking very soon! Thanks for sharing it with us! Lovely sketch 1 card! Beautiful flowers!

Thanks, Sandy that ribbon rack I have hangs on the closet door in my room and Bingolady's hubby made it for meLove He actually ASKED me if he could make me something to store my ribbon on, I told him he could make me whatever he wanted to and he did a fantastic job I love! Plus Miss Ema really really loves my ribbon to, in what quick swipe she can knock off a whole row of ribbonsAngry Cursing Huh LOL Love
I love my paper rack, my plan was to have it near my desk and to put my Expression on top of it so I can get it hooked up (right now it is back in a corner on my desk) but if I put it up there I would not be able to reach itLOL LOL LOL LOL so today my hubby is going to add another level to the stand I have my Imagine and my Cameo on so I can put my Expression up there Drool will take pictures when he is done with that.

Sandy & Gisele, I would love it you can come over and play anytime you want to. I can hardly get Turtlebug & Bingolady to come over and play and they live near me.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:50:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#103 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:30:32 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug: I'm so glad you reposted your card and very glad you're able to upload without scanning now... so much easier and faster this way. I missed the feathers the first time!

*NanaDonna*: thanks for sharing a picture of your storage units. Loving the ribbon holders. You have so many! Now I see why Emma has a fun time with it too! Great Paper shelves! Your Art Philosophy card, it's very pretty!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#104 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:34:07 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Raquel
I wouldn't say you lost your mind...you've just gone Bonkers...that's all!! All kidding aside, good for you. Don't worry about exercising, as soon as you start moving and going up and down those stairs carrying all the boxes you will be in tiptop shape in no time! I have a niece that lives in Phoenix and she is preparing for a Marathon too. She said she trained in the rain yesterday!! But, she is a runner and is always running in one race or another. Good luck to you!LOL LOL LOL

Crossing my fingers this goes through!!

I've never been a runner and that's great to hear about your niece.

I did my first 30-minute conditioning last night. BOY, AM I SLOW!

I'm happy I was able to complete 2 miles within the 30 minutes though. I need to really train and get faster to be able to finish that 1/2 marathon since the race has to be completed within 3:30 hours. So my goal will be to finish at 3:15 BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:35:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#105 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:39:05 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Gisele wrote:
Raquel - good luck with your training! Very ambitious to do 2 just a few months apart!

There's a reason I signed up for both. There is an extra award if you do 2 marathons in the same calendar year. The award is called "Coast to Coast" so a minimum of one 1/2 marathon in Disneyland and one 1/2 marathon in Disney World. Hubby is doing the one in Disneyland with me so he can get the "Coast to Coast" award as well. Any race less than 1/2 a marathon doesn't count... otherwise I'd be signing up for the 5K instead BigGrin

AcrossThePond Offline
#106 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:21:18 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Blushing Oh girls all that running talk is making me feel tired lol. Good luck to everyone who is doing something.

Well I decided to make another card for #3 as I am going to use the one I made in this coming Fridays DDF challenge so I can't show it yet.
So here is what I have come up with. It is a 5x5 card and I have stamped straight on to it using another Christmas giftBigGrin BigGrin I received from Sandy. I used a Whispers ink pad and then inked around the edges with Tim Holtz antique linen and some other dark one lol. The circle and fancy circle are cut from AE and I did some spirelli (which I haven't done for ages) on that one and added a button. I used some waxed thread and passed a cotton spool through before tying around the back of the card. The spool came empty so I tiyed some of the same thread around it. The ticket strip is another Christmas gift but from my son and they are by Creative Expressions. Thanks for looking and sorry Sandy its so lateBlushing Blushing .

Sue
BingoLady Offline
#107 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:12:25 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Joanne, wonderful card, hope to see some more.

Gisele, wow so pretty love the colors. Espcially the flowers they are so pretty.
I'm waiting for those sketches.

Donna, Gee I fill so bad cause you don't have any paper or ribbonBigGrin BigGrin
Your card cama out so nice, I like the flowers, I guess I'm going to go and get
some more lessons.

Sue, oh my, how nice I like the little spool and the way you added the tickets
came out really nice.

Have a nice day, I hope I didn't forget anyone.Love Love Love

2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/29/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/30/2013(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#108 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:52:17 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Great job everyone sorry have not been able to do a card this week been fighting a sinus Headache for days now

NanaDonna love that ribbon holder and whoa thats a lot of ribbon LOL also love the paper holder my hubby made me one similar hoefully will get to make a couple for this weeks sketches
LisaW. Offline
#109 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:56:51 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...hope everybody is having good weather whevever you are...I am tired of the snow and slick roads in my area (went through the stop sign this morning and a truck coming).

I started this card with the thought in my head last night and finished it on my lunch break...gotta quit doing it because then I ruined it.

Sketch #3...valentine for my son (14 years old) so didn't want it to be babyish and didn't have any real ideas for him. Saw the saying and went with it. Using the color challenge also. I ruined it with the black going around the circle I think.

LisaW. Offline
#110 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:57:57 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...hope everybody is having good weather whevever you are...I am tired of the snow and slick roads in my area (went through the stop sign this morning and a truck coming).

I will try to work on the other sketches after work...no guarantees and bball practice tonight so there goes 2-1/2 hours.

I started this card with the thought in my head last night and finished it on my lunch break...gotta quit doing it because then I ruined it.

Sketch #3...valentine for my son (14 years old) so didn't want it to be babyish and didn't have any real ideas for him. Saw the saying and went with it. Using the color challenge also. I ruined it with the black going around the circle I think.

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0121.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#111 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:16:23 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna
#1 - Pretty flowers and colors, look just like the ones in the background paper, perfect match! The floral embossing is nice. I have a few papers with BIG flowers on them and am never quite sure how to use them to good advantage, yours is a great example. Very pretty card!

Now...about your new paper rack...tell MY DEAR Brother-in-Law that he has to re-do that rack cause I want to be able to reach the top papers and stacks when I'm there "Shopping"!LOL LOL. OH, but tell him too, that he can leave the tin of Butter Cookies up there on top!LOL
Actually, Donna, he did an awesome job with it and I will be expecting mine in about 2 weeks!! I totally need to re-do my Craft/Office room. I am out of floor space but still alot of wall space before I hit those high ceilings!LOL LOL

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:43:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#112 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:32:20 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Sue – Wow! Love, love your vintage card and you put in so much work! Great stamping, spirelli and a perfect touch with the spool of thread! Please share with us the other Sketch #3 card that you made for the DDF challenge on Friday!

Britishgirl – thanks for dropping in and hope you start to feel better soon!

Lisa – I think your card turned out well and great job with the ad colours! It is always hard to make a card for a teen that is not too “mushy”. You seem to do so much for your family and I’m sure he will appreciate this card! At least you’re finding a bit of time to craft and that is what is important!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/30/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#113 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:00:54 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Donna, that is so neat that you have so many handy men around who know how to build things! I am very lucky too to have such a wonderful DH who can build things!
It always sounds like so much fun to get together and craft with everyone doesn't it!

Sue, oh my gosh, your card is simply wonderful! That spirelli looks so intricate! Beautiful touch with the spool too! Just a wow card my friend! What color is that ink? Perfect color for it!

Britishgirl, oh no, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon! I will keep you in my prayers!

LisaW, I guess you would hate me if I were to tell you that we have been having a rather warm trend right now in the weather here! It's been in the upper 70's a lot! I even put shorts on last Friday! We are so dire in need of rain and haven't gotten any forever! I just don't want another drought year this year! Your sons card is really cute! Love all that additional faux stitching! Very nice color choice too in the ad colors!

1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#114 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:34:09 PM(UTC)
Gisele

I have posted the new sketches for this week - a little early - so head on over so we don't miss anyone's cards!
TurtleBug Offline
#115 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:08:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

AcrossThePond
#3 - Very pretty, love the colors. I think this could work for a male card, a moving away or traveling card. Love the way you used the tickets in place of the banners...very creative, And, the spool throught the twine is a new twist and I LOVE it!! The circle is beautiful, too

LisaW.
Great Ad Color card for your teenager and for sure....no mushy, mushy, kissy, kissy card for him. Love the idea of the hearts in the truck bed, and what male teenager does not love trucks?? He will be happy to reieve it, especially from Mom!!

Well, on my way over to see what Gisele has in store for us for tomorrow's sketches!BigGrin
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
AcrossThePond Offline
#116 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:15:12 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Lisa.W. - Your card is great using #3 and the ad colours. Sorry to hear of your slippery roads, drive safe out there.

Sue
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#117 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:07:35 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post

I try to avoid YouTube as much as possible because when I go in there for tips and tutorials I can't stop! I just watch videos after videos! LoL!

Usually one video will lead to a completely different subject from when I started like watching heat embossing then I end up watching handmade flowers

I completely understand, they are addicting. I do the same thing! LOL! :)