Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
graceonice Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:21:43 PM(UTC)
graceonice

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Yes. That is what the support tech instructed me to do.
jo.gardam5ccf0e30 Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:06:38 AM(UTC)
jo.gardam5ccf0e30

Please help!

I have just purchased the 'Paper Dolls Teen Scene' cartridge and cannot find it on my DS. I have followed all the advice and links on here but it still isn't there, can anyone tell me how I can get it please?
Narelle Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:24:18 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7866 time(s) in 3680 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jo.gardam5ccf0e30 Go to Quoted Post
Please help!

I have just purchased the 'Paper Dolls Teen Scene' cartridge and cannot find it on my DS. I have followed all the advice and links on here but it still isn't there, can anyone tell me how I can get it please?

Are you looking in the Fonts category? Most carts are placed in there now, instead of in their correct category.

If you can't see it there check and see if it is installed. In Windows Explorer go to C:/Program Files/Cricut Software/Cricut DesignStudio/Cricut Fonts/CricutFontsP-S and look for Paper_Dolls_Teen_Scene.pcgf

If you can find that file then it should definitely be showing up in DS. If it's not there, then it means the Cartridge content update needs to be done again. http://mirror.cricut.com/cds/fo...k/FontUpdate_V121009.exe

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:25:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ripp15818a72 Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 2:05:15 PM(UTC)
ripp15818a72

Originally Posted by: PCGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello all! Currently the links to the Design Studio updates are not available on the web site. We are working to fix this, but in the mean time please use these links to update:

This link is for the program update (if you need it):
http://mirror.cricut.com...ontpack/CDS_10404220.exe

This link is for the cartridge content update:
http://mirror.cricut.com...k/FontUpdate_V120720.exe

I hope this helps!
-PCGena

Are these updates compatible with the new Windows 7 and Windows 8 x64 (64 bit) machines?
Narelle Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:14:55 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: ripp15818a72 Go to Quoted Post
Are these updates compatible with the new Windows 7 and Windows 8 x64 (64 bit) machines?

It's compatible with Windows 7 64bit. But I'm not sure about Windows 8.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 1:22:19 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I've never removed the cart from my Cricut to update DS or the firmware. Huh

Are you turning your Cricut off and putting it in update mode before starting the second pass of the firmware update?

Just a little CAUTION note here....
I have had 2 cartridges stop working after doing firmware updates.
Next firmware update I do will be done WITHOUT a cartridge.
Just not worth it to me.

D-
cestabrook689d5ee1 Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:34:37 PM(UTC)
cestabrook689d5ee1

Mad I have been ready to pull out all my hair trying to deal with the update thing. I have been going back and forth for two days trying to figuire it out and missing the free cut I realy wanted. So I am stuck with the machine requesting the firmware and haven't turned it off and (bad girl) a cartrage in the machine. Now what...? And did anyone happen to see a sign that said make sure cartrages are out? Can I turn it off? Is my machine ruined? If it is are they paying to fix it and shipping?
Narelle Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:14:07 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: cestabrook689d5ee1 Go to Quoted Post
Mad I have been ready to pull out all my hair trying to deal with the update thing. I have been going back and forth for two days trying to figuire it out and missing the free cut I realy wanted. So I am stuck with the machine requesting the firmware and haven't turned it off and (bad girl) a cartrage in the machine. Now what...? And did anyone happen to see a sign that said make sure cartrages are out? Can I turn it off? Is my machine ruined? If it is are they paying to fix it and shipping?

Have you turned it off and started the firmware update again?

You say you are trying to cut a free cut, so I'm guessing you are using CCR. You can update the firmware from there too, but if you're doing it from DS then do you have the Cricut turned off before you start the update?

Are you selecting the correct machine to be updated at the update screen?

fundivers5735c1db Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:58:55 AM(UTC)
fundivers5735c1db

i'm glad i'm not the only one having problems with my DS on windows 7 64 bit.

i hope to solve this soon. it's about a year that i'm trying to get it work.

CricutGena Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:37:49 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fundivers5735c1db Go to Quoted Post
i'm glad i'm not the only one having problems with my DS on windows 7 64 bit.

i hope to solve this soon. it's about a year that i'm trying to get it work.

Hello! If you are having issues using the Design Studio program you will need to use the links provided in the beginning of this post to update the program. Once the program is updated you should not encounter any issues running and using the Design Studio program. You can even uninstall the program from your computer and start over by using the links provided. If you continue to experience issues you can also call customer service at 877-7cricut .We would be happy to assist you.
-PCGena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
fundivers5735c1db on 11/27/2012(UTC)
fundivers5735c1db Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:08:39 AM(UTC)
fundivers5735c1db

Originally Posted by: PCGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello! If you are having issues using the Design Studio program you will need to use the links provided in the beginning of this post to update the program. Once the program is updated you should not encounter any issues running and using the Design Studio program. You can even uninstall the program from your computer and start over by using the links provided. If you continue to experience issues you can also call customer service at 877-7cricut .We would be happy to assist you.
-PCGena

I have installed Design Studio with the link and the program is running fine. The problem is when i want to cut from DS, the program keep asking firmware updat. I've tried it with a cartridge in the cricut and it keeped going again and again asking to do the second pass. Then i tried doing it without cartridge and finally firmware ok. And DS starde cutting. So i know it can work.
But when i turned my computer off and start again computer. DS is asking to do firmware update again.

How do i solve that problem.
Thanks for looking. I would like to call. But i live in Europe Belgium, a totally different time zone.

Karin
cajungirlinpembs Offline
#42 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:14:15 AM(UTC)
cajungirlinpembs

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I can't believe that after all this time the link is still "NOT" on the website. Are they doing away with DS completely? I don't/can't use Craft room because it screwed up my machine so I had to get another one. When I did firmware update with new machine, Craft room only cut half a sheet and stopped so I avoid it like the plague. Provo please put link on website ASAP or you will lose customers. I always suspected there would be issues with the online version.
paula05285410e4d8cd2 Offline
#43 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:34:42 PM(UTC)
paula05285410e4d8cd2

Hi,

I just bought a used Cricut Expression, looks new but haven't gotten it to work in over a week. I updated CDS and went from there to Craftroom and it prompts me to update this and will go through to Part 3 and freezes. I should not have spent $125 on this that I can't get to work. I've followed everything I could find all through the forums and chats but still no luck. I put in a email to Support but so far no answer.

Can anyone advise what I might need to do? Thanks and eagerly awaiting an answer of some sort. I was really looking forward to this machine, now sorry I bought it.

Thanks,.
Pauline

scrapalette Offline
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:55:29 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19027 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
Originally Posted by: paula05285410e4d8cd2 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I just bought a used Cricut Expression, looks new but haven't gotten it to work in over a week. I updated CDS and went from there to Craftroom and it prompts me to update this and will go through to Part 3 and freezes. I should not have spent $125 on this that I can't get to work. I've followed everything I could find all through the forums and chats but still no luck. I put in a email to Support but so far no answer.

Can anyone advise what I might need to do? Thanks and eagerly awaiting an answer of some sort. I was really looking forward to this machine, now sorry I bought it.

Thanks,.
Pauline

Unfortunately, you never really know what you're getting when you buy a used piece of electronics.
Fortunately, customer service will help you trouble shoot your Cricut. The contact info is under the Support tab at the top.

Good luck! If you get it working, you will love it!