Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kimbo Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:38:19 PM(UTC)
kimbo

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am tempted to upgrade to the E2 since HSN has it for 179 right now. I own the Imagine and the original E as well as the gypsy. The HSN deal comes with an exta cart, 2 end caps, $50 image card for new craft room so its a good deal. Hubby said to buy it for my bday but wondering if it is worth it. Advise?
Ann Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:37:57 PM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
I had the E2,also the E,Imagine,Create and gypsy,i had the E2 sitting in my craft room making quite an attractive paperweight! I never really used it,i liked the clean cuts but the series of screens to get to actually cut something drove me nuts,also the positioning of images on the virtual mat was a nightmare,gauging where to put in a space or line return was not so simple.
I now only have my expression and gypsy having sold the others,loved my imagine for a long time but it took up too much space,now glad i sold as it's been discontinued.I bought a mini about 2 months ago but have only used it once so will be selling it,also have another machine,not PC so cant say but you might guess,it's the one that lots of us have now,absolutely love it!! I probably should'nt say but if you are looking for another machine i would forget about the E2 and go for the other brandThumpUp
Good LuckSmile
sportykidsbug Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:13:16 PM(UTC)
sportykidsbug

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Don't know if you should get the Expression 2 or not. I still only use my Original cricut. But HSN sold out of the those $179 machines the other day (during the Anna Griffin/Martha Stewart day.
akgraham10bdbac942 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:13:33 PM(UTC)
akgraham10bdbac942

Don't get if you have a MAC!
kimbo Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:26:46 PM(UTC)
kimbo

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for your input I finally went ahead and got it before they sold out on HSN. Figure if I don't like will sell it and really not be out much.
JodiBarber Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:12:51 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
hsn still has 16 left of those 179 machines with a flex pay plan of 4 payments of $45
KylieHarbin Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:25:26 PM(UTC)
KylieHarbin

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If I had to do it all over again, I would never have gotten another Cricut, even though I have been a Cricut fan since the beginning. They are just too behind the other companies' products. I would now get a Silhouette Cameo...you don't have the need to pay so much money for cartridges you only neen 1-2 images from since you can connect it to your computer and use ANY image or font (and manipulate them) to cut whatever you want!! I wish Cricut would get on board with everyone else...I'm the only Cricut scrapbooker left out of my group. They've all move on to Cameos...
Sacramentosal Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 8:02:10 PM(UTC)
Sacramentosal

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I realize this post is over 7 months old, but for those who read it anyway....

I too have been a Cricut user for years. Started with the Baby bug, got the Create, then the Expression. Was so excited when the E2 came out, I got one of those too. I find I am not really loving the E2. It has HUGE learning curve!! It has gone all electronic. I actually miss the keyboard overlays, I find the screen images too small. There are quite a few things I prefer about the Expression maybe because it is easier to use, or I knew how to use it really well. I still have my Create and my Expression and will keep all of them. If you use Design Room and are a MAC user, you will have problems with the E2 and cutting. Tons of posts about that on this board. The Mac is not very compatible with Provo Craft products. This isn't an issue for me as I haven't gotten into Design Room, and it works fine with the Gypsy and the cartridges.

If you did end up getting the E2 there is a big learning curve. Best thing to do is just spend time playing with the machine and getting to know what those icons mean. I find the icons kind of a pain. I am a bit of a techy, but I am in my early 60's and my vision isn't as good as it was, so the younger crowd may find this machine easier to use. I just don't use this machine like I used my Expression.