Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jexsa Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:02:07 PM(UTC)
Jexsa

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone!
I am new to cricut and new to this board and i have a big question i wasnt able to find the answer anywhere. So i was looking at the difference in price of the digital download (where it can be as low as 14.99$) and then when i look at buying the cartridge (that is not available on cricut.com for the moment) it is as high as 80$ Im thinking heck, i'll just get the digital downloads but im still wondering... is there a reason for the price being this low? i would still have access to everything right? My other question is, will i have access to these digital downloads for all time?
Thank you to anyone who can answer me, it would be a huge help! :)
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:25:59 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19106 time(s) in 8537 post(s)
Digital purchases are stored in your cricut.com account and you can access them any time through CCR. So, unless you didn't have internet access for CCR {or PC should close their doors forever}, you will have the images for all time. There are some digital image bundles that are "rentals" but those are clearly marked when they are available ~ usually they are specific images for holidays are bundled together.

A lot of the carts that are available in digital format but not as an actual cart on cricut.com are carts that have been retired. Other people/vendors may still have them to sell and since they are "retired", the price usually goes up. Sort of the old "supply and demand" of products available on the market. . .the lower the supply, the bigger the demand and the more $$$ for it.
MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:34:35 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1248 time(s) in 791 post(s)
PC just had a digital sale and I did buy some carts. If you have a gyspy, when you sync it, the contente gets updated.

If you use only CCR and the server goes down (as it has), you will not have access to any of the digital carts that you purchased until the server goes back online. The carts do not get downloaded to your computer, but are stored in your account on-line.

With the physical cart, you can use your cricut as a stand alone machine (except for the mini as that needs an interface to use it). With the digital carts, you will always need to use either CCR or the gypsy to use the cart.

You can get some carts on ebay for reasonably priced. Here's a great site. If you purchase carts under the "Buy It Now" option, shipping is free. If you bid, shipping is extra. I usually look through the Buy It Now option first as some people bid carts up so much that with shipping, it is more expensive then paying more for Buy it Now and getting free shipping. This is my favorite ebay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/...;_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Tinkerbell and Friends is on sale now with free shipping for $14.99 for the physical cart.

Mary

Jexsa Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:13:03 PM(UTC)
Jexsa

Thankyou very much for your replies :) This helps me plenty. I believe i will go for it and buy the cricut expression and hunt for cheap cartridges and the ones that are too expensive or retired, i will get the digital one :)

Thanks a bunch! :)