Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Soo Offline
#151 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:12:45 AM(UTC)
Soo

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 124 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crystalclear8419f7fca525 Go to Quoted Post
Is there any sight of the problems being fixed? I'm not trying to be mean or nasty but maybe better programmers need to be brought in. I understand that programming a system like this isn't easy. But the program should have had bugs worked out before releasing it. There are so many cartridges I would love to buy digitally but with CCR being so unreliable I don't want to buy anything and never be able to use it. Most of the time the computer will say that there is no machine hooked up. And when it does recognize it, finally, it will jump between USB active and then jump back to nothing there. It will take me 20 minutes to make 1 cut. If I don't give up by then that is. I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to computers, my husband is a networker and my father is a programer and they have taught me alot. This seems like bad programing on Provo Crafts end. They need to bring in a contractor to fix it or give the programmers there free reign to fix the "baby" that is pretty broken.

That is incredibly frustrating.... Have you spoken to Customer Service about your problems? If you haven't do give them a chance to help.

I've found CCR to be really reliable and use it for all of my projects. Last week I was able to design and cut a project with 17 full 12x12 mats - all cut quickly and without any issues.

Edited by user Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:14:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sewnmachine Offline
#152 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:36:20 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 230 post(s)
My son is an electrical hardware design engineer - and he has declared the internet dependent CCR as being full of bugs and " unstable and unacceptable by industry standards".

When I told him that the program does work well for me - sometimes - , works all the time for others, and works not at all for even others - he said that is exactly what makes this program "unacceptable" by industry standards.

He designs outrageously sensitive hardware and software for a global testing and measurements company, and said if he ever allowed something like this to be sold he would be fired.

I told him it was a free program.
He said - " it doesn't matter, PC is marketing the program to sell their machines, the reliability of both goes hand in hand".

So, I guess the moral of the story is this; call customer service and see if they can help. Maybe they can get it to work for you..... or maybe not. ????

jennifer.azael0ab8840f Offline
#153 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:23:54 AM(UTC)
jennifer.azael0ab8840f

hi i am having issues getting my image layers to sync up. when i cut there is always one that is too big and i have made sure there is nothing changing my size. i dont get it. plz help. by the was i am using the 1 month digital subscription for $9.99.
JanisD Offline
#154 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 10:51:00 AM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1309 time(s) in 1005 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jennifer.azael0ab8840f Go to Quoted Post
hi i am having issues getting my image layers to sync up. when i cut there is always one that is too big and i have made sure there is nothing changing my size. i dont get it. plz help. by the was i am using the 1 month digital subscription for $9.99.

I believe this thread is about CCR=Cricut Craft Room. Not DS=Design Space. Make a new post with your issue in the sub line & see if someone can help>

Janis
CricutGena Offline
#155 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 10:56:46 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jennifer.azael0ab8840f Go to Quoted Post

Hello, we would need more information in order to assist you. What program are you using? If it is Craft Room, you will need to make sure you use Relative Size. This is indicated by clicking on the Aa icon to the right of the default height box.

If you need more assistance please call customer service at 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena