Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages<12345>»
planlady19 Offline
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:04:33 PM(UTC)
planlady19

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Have you noticed how GOOD I've been?? Haven't unholstered my tapping finger yet...LOL

Be careful the cops might be coming after the cob...LOL LOL

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:54:58 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 863 time(s) in 672 post(s)
You all have been sent a PM with your SS's info. I am lacking just one addy and will forward that soon.

And who you are creating for, is NOT creating for you. It was actually pretty easy to match up this round and I think we'll see some super nice creations come April/May!

Just remember to check in weekly to let us know all is well with you. It's just so stressful for me when you go MIA for 2 weeks. So please be respectful of that.

I really don't think it's all that hard of a swap, this round, so I hope you all will work on it in a timely manner and not wait until the last minute and rush your projects. Nothing ever looks as nice if you wait until the 11th hour to do all your crafting in a rush.

Also, I hope you all will find a couple directives to really challenge yourself and do something extra special for your partner. Challenge yourself to come out of your comfort zone and go the extra mile.

The paper dolls can be the perfect example of what I am talking about. Paper dolls can be very easy to make - just slap some clothes on them. But I hope you all will put more thought into them and seek out special paper, textures, maybe learn how to draw the face on or find a face stamp you can use. I want them to have the wow factor, not just a simple paper doll with plain ole cardstock.

I saw on CoyoteKim's blog where she posted pictures of the very first paperdolls she made when the cartridge first came out. Then recently she crafted new ones for a project and realized how much she had learned this past few years and how she could make so many improvements to her paperdolls.

And that is my hope for you that have been crafting for some time....that you will realize you can up your game and do a much better job and make them spectacular!

As always, have fun crafting and if you need info on your SS, you can always PM me and I will in turn send the question on to her and then let you know her reply.

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
JeanP on 1/31/2013(UTC)
Scraprageous Offline
#63 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:16:39 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Can you post a link to her blog? I would love to see the paper dolls. A quick google search isn't working very quick Blushing Thanks
craftymomof2 Offline
#64 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:09:04 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
[quote=ScrappinGwen;1643151]RUNNING LIST OF QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED BY EACH PARTICIPANT:

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round?I love Spring colors, pastels!!!!!!!

2. Or, is there a color or color combo that you really would prefer to not see on your projects?

(you either love pink or hate pink, for instance)

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? shabby chic, vintage

ie: simple, vintage, steampunk, grunge, girly girly, frilly, shabby chic

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? I like so many styles

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. Birthday, Fathers Day, Thinking of You, teacher

ie: Mother's Day, Bday, Father's Day, last day of school for teacher, etc.

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL.

If you've recently purchased a certain color then you might want to list that here so your SS doesn't buy you the same color you already own. But otherwise, I'm not sure that we can list a color or product we'd prefer to receive as where your SS is able to shop at may not allow her to have full range of all colors or products.
I do not have many, I like blues, greens, yellow, pink
7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. DH and I are nurses, DS is a Boy Scout, DD plays soccer, we all love the ocean, water, fishing, diving

8. Regarding the "memory" directive: If you do LOs, please let your SS know what size pages
or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I like mini albums, haven' t really started scrap booking

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! I love the colors of the flowers blooming, green grass, birds, butterflies

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? Daisies, roses, love my crepe myrtles and azaleas

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? butterflies, birds, ladybugs, I do love the Create a Critter carts animals

ie butterfly, dragonfly, ladybug, bees, cardinal, fawn, squirrel, etc.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? both

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box? I have room for either, I don't have an altered tissue box either

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? I will like anything she makes for me

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies?DD likes these

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS.cards, canvas, homemade flowers, mini album, stamped images to color, altered bird house, spools, magnets, just about anything

17. What color(s) are your craftroom, kitchen, and bathroom? craftroom- beige/white (I haven't really decorated it yet), Kitchen- tan walls w/ white trim- fruit themed decor, bathroom- cream and light/sage green

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. I mainly have done mini albums for the kids. summer fun, golfing for DS, girly for DD; planning a soccer for DD and football for DS; Disneyworld for the 4 of us; we love swimming, offshore fishing, scuba diving, planning a beach/diving vacation for this summer for the 4 of us

These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames, and photo cubes along w/ styles and colors of mats and journaling tags.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else?I don't drink coffee or hot tea- I like Splenda sweetened ice tea, Dr.Pepper, flavored waters

20. Do you garden? What do you plant?I don't garden- crazy for a Southern girl, but we do have some flower beds- I have allergies that really act up when I try to work in the grass, flower beds, I itch so bad and it makes me and everyone else miserable; I love flowers, birds, butterflies though

hugs, LanaBigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:56:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: update

CraftyOldBat Offline
#65 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:12:59 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 348 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scraprageous Go to Quoted Post
Can you post a link to her blog? I would love to see the paper dolls. A quick google search isn't working very quick Blushing Thanks

Not the paper doll page but this is Kim's blog. http://littleredshood.blogspot.com/

JeanP Offline
#66 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:19:34 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 806 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Not the paper doll page but this is Kim's blog. http://littleredshood.blogspot.com/

She has a GREAT blog. I tried to find the paperdolls but couldn'tBlushing Blushing

I have my SS!!!! Now to start my investigationBigGrin I have a few basic ideas so now I can fine tune them for_______BigGrin BigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:21:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseKenna Offline
#67 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:21:18 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Geez, I almost came on and posted how excited I am to have this person then remebered it was a SSFlapper LOL Flapper
That's what I get for getting on here before my coffee!

So that's a good question...
1. Coffee or Tea or something else?
2. Do you garden? What do you plant?

My answers~
1. COFFEE!!!! Though I like sweet tea during the day.
2. I try to plant zucchini, cabbage and all those vegs that you see get huge up here in AK.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#68 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:29:29 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

There are a few more questions to answer please.

ANd check back regularly this next few days to keep updating on the questions and answers. Always crazy the first few days as we spy on each other and collect our ideas!

Oh, and review your questions and make sure you have done your best to answer all of them or give some clues or hints to your SS

Thanks!
RockinRobin1 Offline
#69 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:30:50 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Woohoo, got my partner and it's someone I've never had as a partner, but have swapped with in a group.

1. Coffee or Tea or something else? Both, coffee in the a.m. and tea in the p.m.
2. Do you garden? What do you plant? I used to, can't wait to have one again now that I have a little more land. I love to plant eggplant, bell peppers, rosemary, basil.
JeanP Offline
#70 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:46:33 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
There are a few more questions to answer please.

ANd check back regularly this next few days to keep updating on the questions and answers. Always crazy the first few days as we spy on each other and collect our ideas!

Oh, and review your questions and make sure you have done your best to answer all of them or give some clues or hints to your SS

Thanks!

Butting in hereBigGrin

Copy and paste these 4 new questions to your original question and answer page to make it easy for your SS to have everything on the same page.

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom.

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc.

These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames ann photo cubes along with styles and colors of mats and journaling tags.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else?

20. Do you garden? What do you plant?

DeniseE Offline
#71 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:49:01 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 349 time(s) in 316 post(s)
New questions answered

1.Coffee or Tea or something else? We drink Keurig Coffee....I drink mostly the caramel and vanilla Cafe
2. Do you garden? What do you plant? No garden sadly.
Scraprageous Offline
#72 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:58:41 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

I answered the questions back in my post on page 2BigGrin

CraftyOldBat - thanks so much for the link - I couldn't come up with the page for anything.

I found some people on her 9/9 posting
http://littleredshood.bl...oring-cricut-people.html

also some cute ones before that - 8/4 really cute spa one

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:59:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#73 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:18:03 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I gotta find the time to find Kim's post on her dolls. Doesn't seem like it was all that long ago...it had to be while she was my SS in the xmas swap.
Jen Offline
#74 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:40:00 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
I recieved my partner. I have never been partnered with her, but we have been in other swaps together.

New questions have been answered on page in my original post.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#75 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:42:19 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 348 post(s)
This is REALLY lame but one of the first big projects I did w/ my E was decorations for our 30something class reunion a few years ago. Along with all the pirate ships & Jolly Rogers I also did a paper doll of each classmate. The hardest part was making them all different, staying true to the '70s style and trying to go by what they were like in HS. I used EDPD & PDDU and their faces from yearbook pictures.

As far as dressing/embellishing goes I find they look better with more layers and accessories than less.

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:48:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat attached the following image(s):
paper dolls 001.jpg
paper dolls 002.jpg
paper dolls 003.jpg
ScrappinGwen Offline
#76 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 4:47:58 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

COB, but that had to be a fun challenge to follow thru in looking for colors and patterns to look like the 70s!

and I agree...the multi layers makes a huge difference.

Like I said.....the directive for the paperdolls isn't really anything about paperdolls, so to speak...it's more about challenging yourself to see what great ideas you can come up with to give them the wow factor. We've all collected so much stash in embellies, that we must have bits and pieces that could be used on the dolls as embellies, or jewelry, etc.

DeniseE Offline
#77 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:09:33 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 349 time(s) in 316 post(s)
Yay partners....off to stalk err I mean investigate.

Denise
planlady19 Offline
#78 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:46:07 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 268 post(s)
waving hi to my ss and whoever has me..

Why oh Why is it snowing.. we are doing Spring here and it wants to be in the deep freeze..
have been helping a friend that is moving to sc this weekend.. I think i might hide on the moving truck..

ok off to stalk my partner..

have a warm and safe weekend..

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#79 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:26:06 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I received my partner and I am excited to get started. This swap is going to be a challenge. I updated my questions with the new ones and wanted to check in. Lots going on this weekend. Got to craft all day today. Plans to do the same tomorrow. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Evelyn
amylendall Offline
#80 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:06:01 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
jci
to my ss i am currently without home internet until probably sometime this next week in tje process of switching providers so until everything is turned on I am having to use my phone and its a bit difficult to do much besides a simple post so I will catch up on questions layer this week after I get the internet problem solved
RockinRobin1 Offline
#81 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:12:58 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Here's Cupid Teddy Bear from Teddy Bear Parade I recently made for a Valentine's swap (at LSS). I used SU papers and the glitter paper was also SU. I didn't embellis much, but it was all from my stash.

RockinRobin1 attached the following image(s):
408426_10200268770504356_1163668015_n.jpg
ScrappinGwen Offline
#82 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:53:35 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

But challenges are FUN, FUN, FUN - Evelyn!

Everyone has opened their PMs regarding SS assignments so just make sure you start checking in weekly starting next Sunday to make it easier on me.

And if you haven't updated your answer to questions, please do ASAP. (understanding Amy needs time)

I couldn't get on MB yesterday or this morning until JeanP sent me a link that got me in thru Google Chrome. More than 24 hours with no MB interaction! Can you imagine that!!!!

I'm actually concentrating on a couple other swaps before really buckling down with this one. I'll work on them while my creative mind is working on ideas for this swap!
DeniseKenna Offline
#83 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 9:18:29 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Chcking in. Hope everyone has a great week and gets some crafting time in. Paperdolls keep popping into my mind. They just seem so cutesy and kinda kidish on PDDU. Trying to get out of the box but I feel like I'm in a cookie cutter!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#84 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 9:56:37 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Denise, not sure if this will help or not, but I have posted several pictures of paperdoll examples in the other spring swap for newbies. Might be some inspiration there.

Plus, if you have Forever Young, they aren't childish on that cartridge.

You can also go with characters, like Disney Princesses, Toy Story, etc.

I should see if I have a picture of Kimi-n-GA's one Fall paperdoll guy where she cut off the arms and legs so that she could reposition the guy into a sitting position on the ground with his basket of fall leaves, etc. Just adorable. He's like doing a split, but looking straight out at you, not sideways. It's probably called something else in the gymnastics world... (though sounds gory when you read this description! lol)

Here's the link to her blog with some paperdolls. Not the same one I'm remembering, but same idea with the split legs. She'll be wondering why she's getting so many hits on her blog! lol

http://kimi-n-ga.blogspo...Everyday%20Paper%20Dolls

http://kimi-n-ga.blogspo...earch/label/Doodlecharms is the one I remember best

Edited by user Monday, February 04, 2013 10:00:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseKenna Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 10:25:09 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Wow! Those are awesome! I'm thinking Rock Princess and Country life have people. Might have to pull out some cartridge booklets.
Scraprageous Offline
#86 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 10:50:12 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Those are really cute! Thanks for the links.

Still working on ideas - glad we have a bit of time BigGrin

I tried that double zig zag type card - making was the easy part - decorating has me stumped BigGrin
DeniseKenna Offline
#87 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 11:09:54 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

ScrappinGwen Offline
#88 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 1:48:39 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

what a great blog to check out when you have an interest in American Girl dolls. Her paper dolls are pretty awesome too. thanks for sharing
CandyHazzard Offline
#89 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 5:18:00 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I have one item done ... I love it, hope _____ does too :)

I looked at that double card too, Lucinda, it did look like the decorating would be the hard part, haven't really decided what card to do yet

Edited by user Monday, February 04, 2013 5:19:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#90 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 6:12:41 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CandyHazzard Go to Quoted Post
I have one item done ... I love it, hope _____ does too :)

I looked at that double card too, Lucinda, it did look like the decorating would be the hard part, haven't really decided what card to do yet

I made the zig zag(cascade card on splitcoaststampers). I did add layer papers on it but now I have to figure out how to decorate it like Scraprageous!!!!!
The one on splitcoast has a back on it so I added that and will put a saying inside.