Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sp11664f72c4b Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:08:57 PM(UTC)
sp11664f72c4b

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was really excited to get started on projects, but I'm having a lot of issues. I have an Expression 2.
-First, it's infuriating pressing icons on the screen on the machine. I need to press the mat load/unload icon literally a dozen or so times before it reacts (yes, I use the stylus). What's up with that? I tried hitting other icons on the machine screen while its idle and they don't respond either. I did update my machine.

-How do you cut on the smaller mats? I used one and loaded just like I would with the full size and it moved everywhere and ruined my work.

-I have to plug and unplug the USB a dozen times to get it connected so that I can even cut. My expression is brand new!

Please help!
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:06:13 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 382 post(s)
You can't use the smaller mat on your machine, that mat is made for the smaller machines that use the 6x12 mats, the rollers on the Expression are spaced for the 12 x 12 or 12 x 24 mats, if you notice when you tried to put in that smaller mat it didnt have a roller to hold it place which of course is why it moved. I have several machines but still have not tried to use the CCR, have you tried to use your machine as a stand alone first? And then graduate to the CCR? Just asking because sometimes its best to start off with the basics and build your way up. That way you learn quite a few things about the machine. You can always call the PC support line and they will most likely be able to walk you thru things.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:26:12 AM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Sounds like you are having problems with your firewall and antivirus software allowing your cricut to run. Call customer service they will help you with this problem. I had the same issues and since I got it set up I haven't had any problems. The one thing I have to do is plug the cricut in to my computer and turn it one before I turn my computer on.

Good luck and happy creating
Dori
terihans04ffb08059 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:16:04 AM(UTC)
terihans04ffb08059

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I had some issues with getting my cricut to connect with my computer and getting the CCR to work as well as the Cricut Sync. Called customer service they sent me an email and now everything works fantastic!

Try this . . .

Download both the Cricut Craft Room and the Cricut Sync.
Go into your firewall settings and allow/add to exceptions - cricut craft room, cricut sync, bridges for both.
Unhook cricut from computer
Restart your computer
Hook cricut back up to computer
Run Cricut Sync - it should update your machine - takes a few mins
You might also have to update the drivers afterwards
After sync is finished open the cricut craft room and see if it works - it should as long as you have allowed all bridges and programs

Like the other gal said - you have to use the 12x12 mats on E2 machine - BUT - you can use any size paper as long as its sticking to the mat. You will need to adjust the paper size before setting up something to be cut.

Hope this helps.
Last but not least . . . customer service is extremely NICE and HELPFUL!
T.
TammyPuckett Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:27:05 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 222 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sp11664f72c4b Go to Quoted Post
I was really excited to get started on projects, but I'm having a lot of issues. I have an Expression 2.
-First, it's infuriating pressing icons on the screen on the machine. I need to press the mat load/unload icon literally a dozen or so times before it reacts (yes, I use the stylus). What's up with that? I tried hitting other icons on the machine screen while its idle and they don't respond either. I did update my machine.

-How do you cut on the smaller mats? I used one and loaded just like I would with the full size and it moved everywhere and ruined my work.

-I have to plug and unplug the USB a dozen times to get it connected so that I can even cut. My expression is brand new!

Please help!

I don't have an E2, but have you tried to use the Sync to get it updated?

Like others have said, this machine only uses the 12 x 12 or 12 x 24. There is a smaller mat for the personal machine & one for the Mini, so make sure you have the correct mat.

You might have a bad USB cable.