Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

creationsfromtheheart9952afa710 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:52:33 PM(UTC)
creationsfromtheheart9952afa710

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Both ink cartridges are installed and have never been used. I have spent the whole day with out success. I need help.
Ernstal08 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 1:23:33 AM(UTC)
Ernstal08

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You're not alone :-\ I've emailed Cricut support twice and both replies with some sort of help did nothing for my machine! It still says missing >.< I even went out and bought the HP ink cartridges they suggested and I still get the missing ink message. I'm so frustrated I'm thinking of just tossing my machine over my balcony and getting a different machine.

Tomorrow morning I plan on calling the Cricut support number and crossing my fingers they can fix my machine! Really hope we both get our machines working again!
#3 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 9:40:19 AM(UTC)

Thank u 4 your reply. I sm sorry to hear they were unsuccessful in helping. Now I am stuck on "setup imagine" on imagine format & restore. I am at lose to what to do
Coah'sNana Online
#4 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 11:04:58 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 15151 time(s) in 4142 post(s)
Originally Posted by: creationsfromtheheart9952afa710 Go to Quoted Post
Thank u 4 your reply. I sm sorry to hear they were unsuccessful in helping. Now I am stuck on "setup imagine" on imagine format & restore. I am at lose to what to do

Usually (but not always) this means either dirty or bad contacts on the ink cartridge. You can try removing them and gently cleaning the contacts with a moistened (not wet) q-tip. If that doesn't work, the next step is replacing one or both cartridges. If new cartridges do not help, there is probably something wrong with the wiring contacts that the machine cannot "read" the cartridge. Have you tried calling support?

#5 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 2:38:50 PM(UTC)

I emailed support and they state it could be up to 7 days before they respond I don't feel there is a very good support so I have not called. I will try what you suggest and possibly will call.

Thank you for the help. Funny thing is I had just cut 2 rows on a vinyl sheet anfd it worked fine, it was less than 5 mins before I tried another sheet and this problem came up.
#6 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 6:55:43 PM(UTC)

oah's Nana....I tried what you said about cleaning the cartridges without any success. Thank you anyway for the help
BJ
Khrista Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 9:48:24 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
PC is rarely good about email support. Least in any timely manner in my experience. I'd call them. You can also take both cartridges out. Turn the machine on. Insert the black one first. Give it a minute to register. Then insert the color one. Like Coah said though, it's often a bad contact that can just stop.

The HP ones may not work if you're machine is not up to date. Least that's what PC said somewhere on this board. So make sure you're up to date.

HTH
:)Khrista
#8 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 3:50:17 PM(UTC)

I was finally able to use my Imagine. Support had me replace the current cartidges that had been in the machine for over a yr (never used) and they had me replace them with HP 97 and Hp 98.

Now it is running great.

BJ
 2 users thanked creationsfromtheheart9952afa710 for this useful post.
Tammi Sue on 2/8/2013(UTC), centralNYscrapper on 2/9/2013(UTC)
Tammi Sue Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:58:10 PM(UTC)
Tammi Sue

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Bummer Crying I just spent $70 on new ink cartridges (HP 97 and HP98) and it did not fix the message on my Imagine "Please insert the print cartridges. Press ok when done" Crying

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:00:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: wrong topic

centralNYscrapper Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:49:06 PM(UTC)
centralNYscrapper

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: creationsfromtheheart9952afa710 Go to Quoted Post
I was finally able to use my Imagine. Support had me replace the current cartidges that had been in the machine for over a yr (never used) and they had me replace them with HP 97 and Hp 98.

Now it is running great.

BJ

Thanks for posting what worked for you. I'm going to purchase those cartridges in the hopes that they will work for me too. Like someone else said (it might have been one of your earlier posts) I just used the print and cut option and when I tried to print and cut a different image that's when I got the missing ink cartridge message.
centralNYscrapper Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:00:13 PM(UTC)
centralNYscrapper

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tammi Sue Go to Quoted Post
Bummer Crying I just spent $70 on new ink cartridges (HP 97 and HP98) and it did not fix the message on my Imagine "Please insert the print cartridges. Press ok when done" Crying

Tammi Sue, When I saw your post my heart was in my throat, but I kept telling myself nothing ventured nothing gained. Fortunately new HP 97 and new HP 98 cartridges solved my problem. Before purchasing I reviewed the post at http://www.cricut.com/forum/cricut-community_postst142685_Imagine-Announcement.aspx. I saw this:

•Can I purchase HP ink cartridges for my Cricut Imagine® machine?

•Yes. The following HP ink cartridges will work with the Cricut Imagine machine when updated to firmware version 123 and content version 35:

•Tri-color: 97, 134, 344 Black: 98, 129, 377

By any chance do you need to update your firmware? When I click on the about button on my screen this is the information my Imagine tells me: Version 1.01 (0123:0035:0239:202C).

I hope this helps and saves you what you spent on the new cartridges. Good luck!
 1 user thanked centralNYscrapper for this useful post.
Tammi Sue on 2/18/2013(UTC)
Tammi Sue Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 10:17:53 PM(UTC)
Tammi Sue

Hi centralNYscrapper,
Thank you for your post and concern! I have not been able to get to the "about" screen on my Imagine. When I tried to do an update, it always stops on insert ink cartridges.....
Cricut Sync shows that I have Imagine Firmware version 0114 but the content version is undefined. The Cricut Imagine driver version is v1.03
I plan to call customer service as soon as I can... but I will be unable to for about a week.
We are in the middle of a major kitchen remodel and it's a little crazy around here. Laugh
I am so happy that the HP carts worked for you! It gives me hope!
Thanks Again! I will let y'all know what happens!

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 10:22:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add a message

Tammi Sue Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:46:30 PM(UTC)
Tammi Sue

BigGrin I want to thank Jonathan from customer service for helping me today! You are knowledgeable and professional in your work. My Imagine is up and working! Yahoo! The ink cartridges HP 97 and 98 are working perfectly! LOL Thank You Provocraft for continuing to support this much loved machine! Love

Edited by user Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:47:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:20:21 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 862 time(s) in 406 post(s)
The problem is almost certain that your cartridges are expired. If you pop them out and look on the side of the casing you will find a date and I would almost bet it is a date in the past. The date is engraved on the black casing so it is hard to find and see.

This is the answer I got when i CALLED pc. Sure enough mine both had expired dates. I have never emailed support for anything. I always call and get immediate response and the kindest help. To use the 97/98 cartrides I think your machine also needs to be updated. They did this for me through a remote connection the day that I called and then I got the new 97/98 cartridges and everything is working better than it ever has and works great with ccr.

I know it is not always convenient, but I would strongly encourgage if at all possible to call pc. I have never had a bad experience with calling support and the wait time has always been only a couple minutes +/-.

Added - The remote update the gentleman (sorry don't remember his name) did for me required a scheduled call back so they asked me what a convenient time would be, the call came in and he did whatever he did and it worked once I got the new ink cartridges.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:22:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Tammi Sue on 3/6/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 9:09:23 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 13937 time(s) in 8680 post(s)
Okay...this just happened to me. I was using the old inks and it was going well. Turned my machine off to watch a movie, came back, and now it is saying my inks are missing.

I just tried changing my inks...they say August 2012 and seem to be working fine. Now I'm afraid to turn off my machine. I thought our inks, though expired, were still supposed to work in our Imagines.Mad