Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
TurtleBug Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:19:06 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 950 time(s) in 612 post(s)
Gisele
#1 - The prettiest card I have seen in a while...it looks better than store-bought. LOVE the colors and papers you picked and the "Candy Jar is so real looking. The acetate really adds a lot of dimension. Awesome card!!
#2 – Pretty card love the ornaments with all the layered cutouts and the BG swirly trees, very nice!
#3 – Another beautiful card, you are really on a roll this week…lots of creative imagination! The bell ornament and greenery are so pretty, is the cart a Provo Cricut cart?? Love the iridescent gems. Have never seen them before, they look great.

NanaDonna
#2 – Very nice in the Ad Colors. This could be a gal, guy or child card, like all the assorted embossing and the sentiment with the button center.

VickieBryant
Good to see you back!
Thank-you card is very nice, like the floral BG paper, gem and the frame cut. Card is simple and to the point.

BingoLady
#2 – “Cutie Pie”….well, I sure know who this card is going to!!Laugh Laugh
LOVE the bold colors, the large circle with all the sayings and the cute little Scooter with the mag wheels. Very clean & crisp card nice work on it.

DeeScraps
#2 Last Week – How pretty!! Love all the red color details, he BG paper and the tiny hearts in the flower. She is too cute with her sparkly headband and black straight hair!!

Nancy J
#1 – Love that image, reminds me of my daughter and her Computer business. Congrats to your DD on her promotion, she will enjoy it. Like the colorful floral BG paper, and girly colors throughout the entire card. Did you computer download the image?

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele on 2/1/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 2:59:26 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Bingolady - Cute little guy card using #2.

Dee - Just wonderful is all I can say.

Turtlebug - Pretty card for #3 fab job on the flowers. Cute card for #1 and ad colours too.

Nancy.J. - Great card for your Daughter, love the image (I quite often look like that but a bit more frazzled BigGrin ) is that a glass of wine in her hand? yes it could be me lol.

Gisele - I just love your card for #3, like the clear dots they make a difference.

Sue
 2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/1/2013(UTC), Gisele on 2/1/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#33 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 3:05:03 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Here is the card I made for last weeks #3 sketch from Sandy. Gisele said it was ok to post today as this is my entry on www.mypapercrafting.com DDF challenge.

I plan to add a number to the top right when I know who I am giving it to. The card is a 5x5 and all the papers were free and from the same collection that I used on Sandy's other two.

Now off to work on Gisele's.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 2/5/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 6:36:08 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
BingoLady, what a fun sketch card! Love that little scooter! Great use of the ad colors!

Dee, beautiful card from last week! LOVE those papers! Fabulous coloring! I just love everything about your card!

Turtlebug
, great sketch 3 card! Your flowers look really good! Very soft feel to your sketch 1 card! Both cards are very pretty!

NancyJ, aww a cute card for your daughter! Congrats to her! Wonderful image!

Gisele, I wish my mind can think creative wise like you! Wonderful Christmas card! Those iridescent gems were the perfect touch!

Sue, adorable card from last week! Love those polka dotted corners, and the stitching gave it the perfect touch!

Sorry I haven't made a card yet for this week! It's been one of those weeks I'm afraid! My son is getting married in July and his fiance wanted me to start working on the wedding invites this week! So, I thought I would share what I have so far! I am thinking I will print this out on cream paper, and then either burn the edges, or fray it! Then ink it for that old authentic look! I haven't figured out how I want to put it on a card yet, but wanted to share it anyway!

SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
00101.jpg
 3 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 2/1/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 2/1/2013(UTC), Gisele on 2/1/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:01:30 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Sandy BigGrin These are going to be so much fun. Great job so far.

Sue
Nancy J. Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:40:53 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
TurtleBug, to answer your question: Yes I did download that image to my computer. Plus they come in just a plain outline image and a colored image (then if I want to change the color of any thing on the image I can use photoshop to change the color... like on this image I changed the hair color and her jeans). I am not good with markers like so many others are.

Sandy, what a cute idea for your invites!!!
 1 user thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/1/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:57:36 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 649 post(s)
# 1 and # 3 the ad colors
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
Sketch # 1 009.jpg
# 3 sketch 046.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 3:01:42 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

AcrossThePond
#3 last week - In this weeks' Ad Colors, too! Such a fun card, the polka dot papers really add to the balloon theme. Like the cross stitching and cute Bear. Good luck with this entry!

Sandy
Unique invitation...I like weddings with a twist. The theme ones really show off the couple's personalities (and this couple looks very happy!). I take it your DD and future SIL like all things country?? Do you have the Old West cart, it has some nice western fonts in it??

BingoLady
#1 - LOVE the Rose... are the hearts in the BG paper in silver metallic? Like the ribbon with the sentiment printed on it. Very nice card!
#3 in Ad Colors - Nice, like the colors, pretty layered flower and the placement of the greenery. GREAT idea using the criss-crossed ribbon! LOL LOL

OK, going to make my #3 card...lets see what I end up doing with the sketch..have a couple of ideas swirling around in my head but sometimes my ideas don't translate to paper as I invision them!!Laugh
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 2/3/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#39 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 5:31:18 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Some more great cards - thanks everyone for playing along this week. Looking forward to seeing more creations. I will be playing on the weekend to make at least one card in the ad colours!

Nancy J – I missed your card last night, we must have posted at the same time. What a great card for your DD! Wishing her all the best! Thanks for the tip on working with an image as I don’t colour either!

Turtlebug – Great job with Sketch #1 in the ad colours too!! Lots of work – distressing, layering, embellishments ! 3 layers for your butterfly – wow!

Sue – TFS your card from last week – well worth the wait!! Love your choice of papers, great real and faux-stitiching! Photo corner add a wonderful touch!

Sandy – TFS your initial thoughts on the invite. I would suggest printing the photo in Sepia and using an older/country feel font. Love the idea of printing on cream paper with frayed edges. Great idea! Keep us posted on the final invite! Is this your first child to get married?

BingoLady – you’ve been busy with 2 more cards! I always love pink and black combination – great Valentine’s card! Pretty card in the ad colours – wonderful card with the different shades of blue and pattern paper! What cart did you use for the flower?

Edited by user Friday, February 01, 2013 5:37:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 5:35:51 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Gisele
#3 – Another beautiful card, you are really on a roll this week…lots of creative imagination! The bell ornament and greenery are so pretty, is the cart a Provo Cricut cart?? Love the iridescent gems. Have never seen them before, they look great.

Turtlebug - Yes you can buy the cart at Cricut.com. I received it as a gift from Amazon Canada.
TurtleBug on 2/1/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:35:01 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #2 and Extra Credit

Assorted Sports Balls - Sports Mania Cartridge
Sentiment - Computer-generated
Pattern Paper - Me & My Big Ideas "Mambi Sheets" Stack
I used papers from my stash to make the entire card. Those odd sized pieces of scrap papers sure come in handy for certain sketches. Thanks Gisele for giving us this Extra Credit Challenge and an opportunity to make good use of them because all my scrap papers really pile up fast!LOL
TFL!!

Edited by user Friday, February 01, 2013 10:51:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele on 2/2/2013(UTC), Godot's Girl on 2/5/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 11:27:33 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #1
I cut the elephant from Birthday Bash. I embossed the elephant,did a little inking, and added some little wiggle eyes. I used a Fiskars punch for the border down the side and across the bottom of the patterned paper. I placed the bow at the top for there was no room down by that big fat elephant Glare --and since I tied such a nice little bow I was certainly going to find a place to glue it on! BigGrin I did emboss the light pink background paper, heat embossed Happy Birthday, and added a few pink jewels for some sparkle.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Elephant birthday.jpg
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:48:01 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 649 post(s)
Turtlebug, I hate it when the colors look different colors. But it is pink and
silver. And your card came out awesome, like the way you used the different balls
for the circles.

Sue, wonderful card, the little bear is so adorable with the ballons.

Sandy congrats Mother in law to be. Nice invitations.

Gisele, the flower was in my goody bag that Donna gave me, I will ask her what
cart she used. She makes beautiful flowers. I have to give her the credit for the pretty flower.

Carol, very nice , love the little elephant.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#44 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:43:02 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Turtlebug - love your sports card for Sketch #2! Very clever to use all the different types of sports ball for this sketch! And glad you were able to use up some of your stash!

Joyful Carol - ooooh! Great birthday card! You add such wonderful details with the inking, embossing and gems and bow. Great card!

Gisele Offline
#45 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:45:33 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my sketch #2 in the ad colours. I chose to make a tag this time.

All circles are Accent Essentials. Tag and tag layer is Pretty Pennants. The butterfly was white to start with but used Glimmer Mist in Jingle Bells and Dazzling Diamonds.

Nancy J. Offline
#46 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:56:10 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Here is a valentine card but it isn't one of the sketches.... This is Valentine's Day Card 13 with some added bling. For some reason the MB will not let me load my card...The site went down as I was loading it so not sure what is going on... but I have it posted on my blog

Edited by user Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:04:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#47 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:30:40 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies

I was being selfish last night and refused family game night and movie with daughter so I could get my valentines cards finished. Only worked one job yesterday tooBigGrin and kids' bball games overlapped so only had to watch 1 bball game. Heartbreaker of a game but it brought our season to an end...tryouts for another session next weekend so have to wait and see if more bball is in my future.

Sketch #1...dh card. Not crazy about it but it will do. I had one sheet of a valentine paper that I was using and messed my card up so had to throw away. I had already had my lips cut out and remembered I had this "old" paper so still went with my plan.

Cartridges:
Indie Art...Lips
Create a Critter 2...kiss me
Embossing folders

Sketch #2...dd valentine and my favorite because she will love it even more. Her favorite colors are purple and turquoise and she is so in love with zebra print right now.

No cricut...just circle nestibilities
Stamp was from walmart.

Sketch #3...ad challenge and extra credit...all scraps.

No cricut...just circle nestibilities.
Flowers from JoAnn's in the $1.00 bin from a long time ago.
LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0151.JPG
DSCF0149.JPG
DSCF0147.JPG
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#48 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:02:39 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Lisa - glad you took some "me" time to get your cards done. They all turned out so well and you even used up some of your scraps! Sketch #1 - great background paper with the lips embellishment, zebra stripes and turquoise work so well together for your daughter and pretty card for a special birthday person!

I'm sharing a card that isn't part of any sketches but did use up my scraps from this week. It is Christmas and I think I have 5 done so I'm back on track! No cricut - sorry! I gave a try at watercolouring with distressed ink.

Enjoy your weekend and good luck to the Superbowl fans!

Nancy J. Offline
#49 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:39:10 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Turtlebug, Your sketch 1 wish card is cute like the rounded corners and always love a layered butterfly. What a cute sports card for your sketch 2 card and that one my grandson would love.

Sue, Your last week's sketch 3 is really cute love the image and the way it looks as if the bear was on a teeter totter and the balloons lifted him up, up and away.

Bingolady, Your sketch 1 is so cute, love the colors you used and such a cute valentine background paper. Sketch 3 love the greenery behind the cute flower.

Carol, Love your sketch 1 birthday card. Your bow turned out great and love the glittered ribbon you used for it. I really love that elephant you did him up right also like the embossed background it stands out nicely.

Gisele, love the colors and that butterfly... I need to check out gimmer mist. Love that Christmas card and did you lose my address... I will sent it again... Laugh

2 users thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 2/3/2013(UTC), Gisele on 2/4/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#50 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 12:08:33 PM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

I couldn't log in yesterday, must have been something wrong and now today half the photo's are missing, most I saw yesterday but couldn't comment.
LisaW - Sorry I can't see yours, maybe they will be there tomorrow.

Gisele - Love your tag just beautiful and in the ad colours too. Just love your 5th Christmas card, great image.

Bingolady - Very pretty card for #1 I love your back ground cardstock and to make the heart out of it was just a fab idea. #3 is a difficult one but yours turned out so pretty.

Turtlebug - Fun card for #2, I think the sketch lends itself to a guy card.

Carol - That is such a lovely card for #1, I like your inking to bring out the elephant.

Nancy - Oh my 13 valentines needed. This one is just lovely.

Sue
Gisele on 2/4/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#51 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 12:13:55 PM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Well I got some time to play today and this is what I came up with for #2. I used AE cartridge for all but the Happy Birthday one which I used a SB die. The papers I have had in my stash for a few years. A little twine just pulled together.
The card is a 5x5.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#52 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 12:19:46 PM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Here is my card for #3.
This rose paper I have had for years and the green was free out of a magazine. The card is a 5x7 and I added some peeloffs to hide the joins. The image is from www.mypapercrafting.com and was free last Dec. The heart is cut from PS and I stamped over the paper first. The sentiment is from Kaisercraft. This could be for valentines or even anniversary.

Sue
*NanaDonna* Offline
#53 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 12:50:51 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2611 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
Hello ladies, sorry I have been MIA, things have been very busy around here getting things for Emma's party done.

I was yesterday and turned out great all the kids had a great time running around and I think Miss Emma was a bit overwhelmed but found a new friend with one of BingoLady's granddaughter that is a few months younger than her.

Now with all that going on I got Bronchitis and feel like crap. I am coughing so much I can hardly type.

Everyone's cards are awesome, sorry I can't comment individually just don't feel well.Hopefully I will eel better soon as we are going to Las Vegas on Wednesday 2/6 to celebrate my Mom's 83rd birthday
britishgirl Offline
#54 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:30:05 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Really nice cards everyone well i got one done i have been in a scrappy funk lately sorry the pic will not load i will try again

Edited by user Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:32:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked britishgirl for this useful post.
Gisele on 2/4/2013(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#55 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 5:49:35 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Trying again to load the pic keeps telling me network path not found any ideas

Edited by user Sunday, February 03, 2013 5:51:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancy J. Offline
#56 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:07:32 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

just checking to see if I can post a card now... no can't post ... having the same problem as yesterday .... Network path not found.

Edited by user Monday, February 04, 2013 12:18:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britishgirl Offline
#57 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:22:24 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Originally Posted by: Nancy J. Go to Quoted Post
just checking to see if I can post a card now... no can't post ... having the same problem as yesterday .... Network path not found.

Me too and i get the same message sorry you cant post but glad its not just me

Gisele Offline
#58 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 5:11:09 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Sorry to hear that some of you are having trouble posting your pics! Hope that gets fixed soon!

Sue – That is a great birthday card – the paper and accents circles work really well together and the twin is a great finishing touch! Love your “bee mine” – such a great image and the background papers are just perfect!

Donna – glad to hear that Miss Emma had a great party! Sorry that you’re not feeling well! Hope you’ll get better before your trip on Wednesday.

Britishgirl and Nancy J – I can understand your frustrations!

Have a great day everyone!
AcrossThePond on 2/4/2013(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#59 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 7:12:15 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Here is another Valentine card.... Sketch 2 Sorry I can't post here but if you want to see my card I have posted it on my blog.

Edited by user Monday, February 04, 2013 11:17:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AcrossThePond Offline
#60 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 7:55:36 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

NanaDonna - so glad you all had a great time but sad to hear you are not well. Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to everyone about the not being able to post, it took me all day yesterday.

Sue