Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Debbieridlb5498663 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:35:24 AM(UTC)
Debbieridlb5498663

Groups: Registered

I just purchased my cricut expression 2 yesterday and I am already ready to return it. I am unable to register my machine as there has been a page error for 2 days, the USB cable does not work, the cutting mat lost it's stickiness after about 6 cuts, I spent better than an hour trying to get my design just right and the machine decided to restart and I lost all of my work, the screen did not calibrate properly and I have to touch one item to the left to get the one I want. I was so very excited to get this and now I am so deflated and I want to throw it across the room. What a waste of time and money. Angry
Cricut LeAnne Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:41:26 PM(UTC)
Cricut LeAnne

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debbieridlb5498663 Go to Quoted Post
I just purchased my cricut expression 2 yesterday and I am already ready to return it. I am unable to register my machine as there has been a page error for 2 days, the USB cable does not work, the cutting mat lost it's stickiness after about 6 cuts, I spent better than an hour trying to get my design just right and the machine decided to restart and I lost all of my work, the screen did not calibrate properly and I have to touch one item to the left to get the one I want. I was so very excited to get this and now I am so deflated and I want to throw it across the room. What a waste of time and money. Angry

Hi Debbie,

Let me help you out with a few things. First of all the register your machine make sure that you first log into your cricut.com account. If you don't have an account then you will want to create one. Once signed in click on your name at the top of the page and this will take you to the my account page. From here you can click on the register products link from the left hand menu.

Next it sounds like we need to get a new USB cord for you so you can update your machine. Please call our customer service at 877-727-4288 Monday - Friday from 7am to 6pm MST. Our agents can help you try some different troubleshooting for the calibration as well as help you replace your USB cable and mat.

Cricut LeAnne
 2 users thanked Cricut LeAnne for this useful post.
Debbieridlb5498663 on 1/27/2013(UTC), NotGoingGreyGracefully on 2/4/2013(UTC)
southgirltexas Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:51:52 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I know it is frustrating but do call PC they will help as Cricut Lee Ann says. As for the mat well you got a dud...but you can reactivate it a bit by running hot tap water over it (or using a blow dryer). The "new" mats (with Cricut are a bit stickier).
 1 user thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
Debbieridlb5498663 on 1/27/2013(UTC)
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:23:04 PM(UTC)
Debbieridlb5498663

Thank you for the advice...........even more frustrated b/c the blade has already stopped cutting! Uggghhhhhh I will call customer service tomorrow, but returning it is really sounding like a great option at this point!
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:55:27 PM(UTC)
Debbieridlb5498663

I did contact Customer Service and Mary was GREAT! She got my machine properly calibrated, is sending a new USB cable, and helped me trouble shoot the blade. I feel much better about the machine now and hope to be crafting soon! Thank you, Deb
jnlholmes009d4b888b Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:32:49 PM(UTC)
jnlholmes009d4b888b

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I, like you was so excited and , like you was getting very frustrated. I spent ALL day playing and figuring things out. Called customer service twice. I am feeling so much better about the whole thing even though I have wasted a few cute pieces of paper. Unfortunatly one had glitter on it and the glitter has stuck to the mat enough that after 2 cuts my mat doesnt stick very well anymore which caused a problem cutting a third design out of something else... I have found that playing and testing with pressure & speed has helped. Good luck!!!
 1 user thanked jnlholmes009d4b888b for this useful post.
Debbieridlb5498663 on 2/10/2013(UTC)
terihans04ffb08059 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:13:18 PM(UTC)
terihans04ffb08059

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Debbie, I feel for you! Like you, I just received my CE2 and have spent the better part of 4 hours looking online just trying to set it up. I'm not finding the site user friendly at all and keep getting page not found on just about half of what I'm clicking on. Finally figured out machine registration . . . deff needs to be a CLEAR set of instructions right up FRONT on how to do this!

Have tried repeatedly to install and get the CCR working . . . it just sits and sits on initializing screen . . finally just gave up.

Now downloaded the Circut Sync and it's been sitting on a greyed out sync screen for over two hours. UGHHHHH.

Ran across the Circut Design Studio . . . they want to charge for it . . . thought it was FREE??? Must be different than the CCR but I have yet to find any explanations of what it is online.

I did manage to get it to cut a couple things thank goodness.

I got mine from HSN and they told how you get all these free cartridges/designs with the bundle but I've yet to figure out how or where those are lol. It's maddening!

I'm sure I will love it once I get it all figured out but man they have you jump through hoops just to figure things out. Guess I'm going to bed and leaving puter on with the sync thing running??? LOL no idea what else to do at this point.

Frustration is deff what I'm feeling right now.

Teri
 1 user thanked terihans04ffb08059 for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 6:08:06 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 924 post(s)
Originally Posted by: terihans04ffb08059 Go to Quoted Post

Have tried repeatedly to install and get the CCR working . . . it just sits and sits on initializing screen . . finally just gave up.

Now downloaded the Circut Sync and it's been sitting on a greyed out sync screen for over two hours. UGHHHHH.

Ran across the Circut Design Studio . . . they want to charge for it . . . thought it was FREE??? Must be different than the CCR but I have yet to find any explanations of what it is online.

Teri

Design Studio does NOT work with the E2! It came out before CCR and I don't think they update it anymore.

Are you using CCR wioth windows 8? There is something you have to do special to get it to work if you are, it's very easy.
swatts66 Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:44:26 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1049 time(s) in 575 post(s)
I love CCR. But, I would highly suggest that you learn to use the E2 as a stand alone machine first and then worry about CCR. One step at a time is my motto.....
GrammyCris Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:14:24 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1142 time(s) in 531 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debbieridlb5498663 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the advice...........even more frustrated b/c the blade has already stopped cutting! Uggghhhhhh I will call customer service tomorrow, but returning it is really sounding like a great option at this point!

To start with I have had several problems in the past and I can tell you that customer service is great if you call and just talk through the problems...

I highly suggest you start making a list of each problem and what has happened so you can be sure to cover it all when you talk with them.

Don't be too quick to give up, Cricuts are a lot of fun, but like anything in the world that you purchase you can get a dud....try not to make your judgement on that, OK?

It sounds like you got one of the old style mats that are really crappy....people say use hot water to activate but basically they are really bad mats. I had bad mats twice and PC replaced them when I talked with customer service. They have new mats now, in the stores, that are excellent...you can tell the new ones because in large letters they say CRICUT across the middle of the mat...if it doesn't then you have the old style and they are worthless!

Sorry you are having problems but hang in there, don't send it back yet, I do believe PC will help you!
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
4x4ColoradoGirl Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 9:34:30 AM(UTC)
4x4ColoradoGirl

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
If you google "Above Rubie's Studio" she has done an amazing job of creating a free PDF of the settings for almost every type of paper. It's organized by the different paper companies too. I have it printed and by my Imagine to reference before cutting.

T
 1 user thanked 4x4ColoradoGirl for this useful post.
Jank1113 Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:39:01 PM(UTC)
Jank1113

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Design Studio does NOT work with the E2! It came out before CCR and I don't think they update it anymore.

Are you using CCR wioth windows 8? There is something you have to do special to get it to work if you are, it's very easy.

I am using Windows 8 - and am having the same problem. It did tell me there was a driver error 4-0x66, so I will call customer support tomorrow. I just unpacked my E2 today and am taking a vacation day to play tomorrow LOL
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:50:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7971 time(s) in 4652 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jank1113 Go to Quoted Post
I am using Windows 8 - and am having the same problem. It did tell me there was a driver error 4-0x66, so I will call customer support tomorrow. I just unpacked my E2 today and am taking a vacation day to play tomorrow LOL

Jank....Windows 8 needs some tweaking to run in CCR. If you go to the Craft Room Application Forum (drop down arrow at the bottom of these screens) there's some help there on Windows 8 problems. Basically, you have to tell CCR to run compatable with Windows 7. You can right click on the CCR Icon, go to Properties and go to the Compatability tab. Click in the little open square to open the area to drop down to choose Windows 7.

HTH.

Char