Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6162636465>»
imnchghere Offline
#1861 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 1:26:40 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: I_M_BLEST Go to Quoted Post
Dr. Office just called:

NOT CANCER!!!!

YEA!!!!!!

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1862 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:21:44 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Praise the Lord!!! Prayers do work! This is wonderful news and yes I have been stressing. Paula I think the Hawaii would do me well. LOL

Pat did you get the fabric? I am so sorry about Stephanie's friend. That is awful news. Hugs to all. Hope the wife is still around to shed some light on your find.

Rhonda you can come to my superbowl party. What a minute! Are you going to be a great grandmother? You are far too young for that.

Well today flew by. It is downright cold. 10* presently. I think me and my incision want to go back to Florida. I am going to do Zumba in the morning with moderate left arm usage. I really need to get back to my workouts but I will take it slowly. What i really need is the light weight lifting to reduce the lymphedema so I don't have to were my sleeve.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1863 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 9:35:33 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Pat, did you get to run your errands without running in to bad traffic?
It would be nice if you could find the wife. Hope you get some more leads.
I am so sorry to hear about your DD's friend. What a tragedy.

Carrie, I think Zumba limiting your arm would be a good compromise. Gets that heart rate up without angering that incision any more.

Thank you both for your kind words and prayers. I am a huge believer in the power of prayer and claiming God's promises. :)
Now I have the opportunity to plan the surgery on my terms and not have to worry about other treatment piled on top of it. I have my yearly appt. with the oncologist Thur. so I will go through that with him then.
Carrie, I will talk with you some time after that. I want your imput on the different options.

Rhonda, I hope you enjoyed your dinner.
How far away is the shower?

Lizzy, we haven't heard from you for awhile, how was the rest of your school week??

Laurie, Nancy, what are you two doing??

Gonna play a game with DS. Him, DH and I played three games of Settlers of Catan tonight. I actually won one. I won't be up too late though because I am tired...

rm920 Offline
#1864 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:16:48 AM(UTC)
rm920

Paula, that is fantastic news! Prayers have been answered. Hope you won a game with DS last night.

Carrie, wish I was closer and I would come to your super bowl party! And yes, I will be a great grandmother. I am still struggling a bit with this as it would have been Heather's first grand child and she would have been such a good grandmother.

Pat, your blooming Hibiscus is awesome. Can't believe you got it to bloom in February. My thoughts and prayers go out to DD's friend and her family. Such a tragedy.

The baby shower is this afternoon. I will finish decorating a bag and then get the gift ready.

Oh Paula, I am not replacing the bookkeeper. I am just spending a lot of time learning from her the day to day bookkeeping work that is done. I am replacing the original owner's wife. My title is Corporate Secretary. I will be over the bookkeeper. Handling taxes, correspondence, stockholder meeting details, account verification, audits, etc. She (the current corp. sec.) is in her mid 70's and wants to retire. The company is now owned by her son.

Edited by user Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:20:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lizzyea Offline
#1865 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:24:15 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....sorry I was MIA this week. I have been busy with school and wedding planning! LOL

Paula...thanks all around for God's grace and blessings that your diagnosis is not cancer! As for the surgery, now you have some time to consider all the options and choose the best one for you. Keep us posted and if you have the surgery after June, and need some help, I can come and help you out. (That is not an empty promise, either.)

Rhonda, I hope you have fun at the baby shower. I enjoyed the one I attended where the father was present. I'm sure it is a bittersweet time considering everything; however, I know you will enjoy that baby.

I'm also very happy that you have this job and you and the job are working out so well. I had no doubt that you would be able to handle the responsibilities. I'm just glad they like you and you like them~

Pat, glad you are finding your relatives. As for the loss of the children in the house fire, no words can describe how horrified I was when I read about that. What a devastating loss for the family and friends.

Nancy, I'm so sorry about the class, but thankfully you were able to drop it and not lose any money. That instructor/professor was really disrespectful to you not answering your questions properly.

Carrie, take it easy with your angry incision! I'm also glad to hear that your house was in good shape when you returned! What a nice experience.

Laurie, I hope you are enjoying your weekend in Fort Wayne with your sister! Tell us about it when you return!

As for me, it was a busy work week. I am trying to keep my nose to the grindstone and focus on what is important: teaching, teaching, teaching! I am working to keep up with the grading and planning so that everything gets done. I am actually enjoying it very much. This attitude will keep me busy and the days fly past.

I will write more later, as I have to go right now. I am having some computer problems and am on my way to the Apple store's Genius Bar for some help. I'll fill you in on the wedding plans which are taking quite a bit of my time.

lizzyea Offline
#1866 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:13:13 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi again! So, now the wedding plans. Sarah is stalled right now because it sounds like she has the flu so I'm just waiting to hear from her. In the meantime, she has scoped out the different hotels in Vegas that are acceptable wedding venues. She's narrowed it down to about five or six different places and now she just has to select one. The date is to be April 19th. She will have two bridesmaids, her friend from high school, Ellen, and, of course, Kat. Yash, her fiance, will have his two brothers be groomsmen. It will just be the Terry's immediate family, Yash's immediate family, and us, and perhaps another one or two of Sarah's friends. Not a biggie: no more than 30 guests. I am eager to get it all set because I hate indecision, but I can be patient.

I am working on losing weight again... same program that I used before. My failure before was in the maintenance end...duh! So far, it's been good, but right now I feel like I'm retaining fluids because my ring was so hard to remove last night as well as put on today. If anyone knows a reasonable solution to that, I'm all ears! It is medically supervised, so I'll see the nurse on Monday and I'm sure they can give me some guidance...probably drink more water to flush out my body!

In the meantime, I'm going to go here and work on grading papers while we watch The Maltese Falcon.
Flee57 Offline
#1867 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:01:21 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening from snowy Ft Wayne, IN

first off...Paula! I am so relieved that you posted NO CANCER...in pink! I am so happy for you.

Pat, how awful about the fire. The family will be in my prayers.

I have been relaxing and helping my Sister paint. Her new house is so beautiful and huge! My room is the one we painted today and it's stinky up there right now so I'm one one of the couches in the great room and Nacho, her awesome dog is on the other. he keeps coming over to my couch and then runs back to his. hope he doesn't keep it up all night.

I am here because D sent me away. he told me I was too stressed and I needed to go spend some time here and enjoy the Super Bowl with my family.

the snow, although I hate it, is very pretty. It's been snowing light most of the day with heavy patches here and there. There are woods behind the house and it looks so serene out there.

There's an Archivers here in Ft Wayne but that will have to wait for another trip. I'm here til Monday late morning unless the weather gets snowy again then I'll stay a bit longer.

Heading to bed now

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#1868 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:40:58 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening all.. first off thank you for the kind words for DD and her friend's family. The outpouring of help and support from the community (and beyond) is phenomenal.
I did get all my errands ran yesterday and got the fabric for the window treatments. Today Jim & I went to a cemetery to photograph headstones for find a grave. It started to snow lightly while we were there and it was COLD. About 19* I think. Got all the pictures as quick as I could.
Back home and I worked on card parts for the scrap-together at my friend's on Monday. I also loaded some more free e-books on my tablet.
Rhonda, I hope you had a fun time at the shower. I am thinking it was probably a sea of pink and frills. I think it is nice that the Daddy's are being included these days.

Lizzy, how fun to have the wedding plans moving forward. I hope Sarah feels better soon and it is NOT the flu. And best of luck on the weight loss. I remember when you did this plan before and did very well. You can do it again. It also seems like you have a focus on school. It helps that the class is good this session.

Laurie, enjoy being at your sister's and helping her paint. Safe travels for the trip home also. I know the Ft Wayne Archiver's.

Well, I need to get to bed. Tomorrow I need to do some laundry and take care of odds and ends projects. Mostly society, but I will have Jim's help, so it should go quickly. I really need to go to the grocery store for a few things, but I know it will be cold and kind of messy. Maybe I can find something in the freezer.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1869 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:42:45 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello

I kept trying to check in and kept getting a "maintenance" notice. Finally I came to the site by a different way and it went through. I see Lizzy and Laurie posted while I though it was still down. ugh!

Lizzy I am glad your school week went well. Sorry Sarah is under the weather. Sure makes pinning down the details hard. Hope that comes together for you soon. Exciting time!!
Thank you for your kind offer of help. I agree, I can now make choices without cancer hanging over my head. I will start with my Dr. appt. on Thur.

Laurie, how nice to have a little get away. I hope you are relaxing/destressing a bit. It has been snowing like crazy here. We got at least a foot and they are saying more lake effect through our county tonight 2-6 inches possible.

Tired so I am heading to bed..
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1870 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:24:23 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Hey Paula I couldn't get into here yesterday either but knew about the maintenance from Facebook posts. I am glad you are going to have choices and time to think them through and do the research.

Pat glad you got the fabric you wanted. I keep thinking about those poor kids and the family. What a tragedy to have happened! It just makes you sick. Hope you made it to the market and have found something to eat.

Laurie have a safe trip home.

Lizzy sorry Sarah is under the weather. I have a couple favorite hotels there from the conferences Jim and I go to. This years conference is in NYC. Good luck with your weight program. If you are retaining fluids, first look at your sodium intake. Also they may want to do an Urinalysis. I am glad you are under a doctors care. Do you get what you needed from the Genius bar?

Rhonda bless your heart. You are far too young to be a great grandmother. But this will be a good thing. The baby will need a strong, loving grandmother and you are young enough to be involved. Corporate secretary! Has a nice ring to it. Sounds like you have a lot of clout!

Well we are all ready except for the guest to arrive in less than a couple hours. I am tired and really can't get into the super bowl or party mood. Hmm... Maybe I can get a few of the girls to watch Downton Abbey with me. LOL
lizzyea Offline
#1871 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:46:06 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...thanks for the advice, Carrie on the sodium intake. I fear I do overdo the sodium. I'd better watch that.

Sarah is feeling much better today. I called her and she said her fever was 102* yesterday. YIKES!

I haven't done too much this weekend. Yes, I accomplished what I needed at the Genius Bar yesterday. Terry wants to buy me a new computer. I told him not to because of the money. He said not to worry. I told him to have everyone in the family chip in for it as a retirement gift. I think he squirrels money away somewhere so he will probably use that. Whatever. I'm happy with this computer so I don't see why I need a new one. He thinks I need one...

We are experiencing quite nice weather. It's in the high 60's and sunny with a very slight breeze. I have sweats on, the door is open to the patio, I can hear the wind chime every so often. Really lovely. No TV for now....waiting for the game to start. Everyone is reading. Terry is gone to St. Louis for this week.

Well, I'm going to go here and see what I need to do for my lesson plans for this week. I probably don't need to do anything for Monday, so I'm going to go...maybe read a book. Take care all.
rm920 Offline
#1872 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 5:38:56 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all..

Glad to hear DD was feeling better yesterday Lizzy. That was quite a fever! Hope the trip to the Genius Bar helped with the computer problems. The size of the wedding sounds just perfect for DD. And that is what it is all about. Hope you have a great week. Enjoy your beautiful weather.

Carrie, how was your super bowl party? I enjoyed the game, but didn't find too many commercials that I liked. How about you? Or did you get to watch Downton Abbey?

Pat, hope you and Jim were able to knock off the society details, and you were able to have some fun time.

Laurie, safe travels back home.

Paula, how was your weekend?

The shower was very nice. They received a lot of nice things and no duplicates that I remember. They did get lots of diapers and wipes, but those items will be used in no time. The baby will be well dressed for a while.

I spent all day yesterday in the office. I got some paperwork completed. Then spent the rest of the day sorting through photos I had out - getting them stored properly. And also sorting through stacks of notes - filing some and tossing others (after making sure the information had been recorded). My office area looks much cleaner now. I am amazed at how fast things can accumulate.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.
imnchghere Offline
#1873 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 7:17:42 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. it is cold and sunny. I am so ready for spring.
Lizzy, glad that Sarah is feeling better and you are having good weather. Hope this week in the classroom goes well for you.
Rhonda, new parents can never have enough wipes and diapers. But the little outfits are fun. Jim & I did get some of the society stuff taken care of. He did better than me. AND he had a bunch of his own office mess to deal with. It will all get done this week. I will just have to put the crop stuff away for a few days. We spent some time on a cemetery hunt for find a grave. OH my...and it was right in front of us. No headstones, but a nice sign with all the names on it and a story of the family. It was hidden in a corner of a parking lot surrounded by overgrown brush and small trees. I had tried to find it once, then we went a 2nd time. I kept looking at the satellite map and realized I hadn't noticed the area of brush and trees when we were there. So we returned. Anyway, that was a fun adventure. Of course it was cold and spitting snow. I have 2 more requests to fill. Huge cemetery with about 5000 graves. But enough about that. Glad that you were able to get things in your office in order. I always worry about throwing away notes.

Carrie, I watched the game for the commercials, which were not all that. I don't understand football. I will catch Downton Abbey this week. I did society data base stuff while the game was on. I did enjoy the Clydesdales and the Dodge/farmer ads. Well done.

I am off shortly to my friend's for a day of scrapping. I am not well prepared, so I am not going to be too productive. I want to try a card idea I saw on this MB, so will take some scrap paper and my cutter. I also have some pictures to trim down and maybe get matted. The other thing I will work on are cutting PP's to put on card bases to go with all the cuts I did for cfs. We will see how I do.
Have a good day everyone and stay warm.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1874 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 8:43:37 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Pat and Rhonda, I agree with you. The comercials during the game were not that great. I laughed when the goat screamed, (doritos), I liked the one with The Big Bang cast (the pads go on the inside!!) and the farmer one was very well done. But there wasn't one that anyone said "that was great!!".
The game was good though. I liked it being close at the end.
I worked on my music cuts the second half of the game. We watched it downstairs with a fire.

Woke up to more snow today and it is snowing lightly now. We may have gotten 4 inchs or more. I haven't turned on the TV yet today to see what they are saying.

Pat, I am sure you are out the door by now. Hope you enjoy your day.
I thing the whole find a grave thing is so very cool, it sounds like an adventure. To think of the person on the other end waiting for the info/pic is fun.

Rhonda, glad you enjoyed the shower. How nice for them to start out with a stockpile of diapers. They go through them fast!! I am finding with hanging around the twins that there are some really neat new things out there for babies.

Lizzy, I am glad Sarah is doing better. 102* is feeling crummy for sure!!!
I have never heard of Genius Bar. I am guessing it helps figure out computer problems???
Your weather sounds really nice.

Carrie, how did the party go? The night got extended a bit with the power outage. Wasn't that strange?? I have watched bits and pieces of Downton Abbey but would like to start at the beginning so I understand how it all comes together. Wonder if it is on Netflicks? Maybe I will have to see if I can rent it.

Laurie, I am thinking this is the day you are coming home?? I hope you enjoyed your visit at your sister's. How far of a drive is it for you from her new place?

Nancy, are you guys frozen in yet???
What are you up to?

Not sure what I am going to do today. Pick up the house a bit. I don't have a plan for dinner...hmmm...

Edited by user Monday, February 04, 2013 8:44:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1875 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:20:16 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Wow...what happened to everyone???? Am I alone..??
imnchghere Offline
#1876 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:43:33 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

I am here Paula... what are you up to today? My dd will be here shortly, so I will have to catch up later. Had a good time scrapping yesterday, but not as productive as I had hoped.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1877 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:10:17 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

I am going to lunch with a friend. The cleaners come today so I was picking up a bit. May run to the grocery store after lunch.
Is your DD picking up the dining room set?
imnchghere Offline
#1878 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:20:27 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

phew this day has gotten the better of me. Stephanie stopped by to pick up bows I made for raffle baskets. Her Zumba class is raising funds for the family struck by the fire last week. I am going to take photographs, so I need to finish up my laundry and get on the road, since I will be in rush hour traffic. I am anxious to see the class.
Paula, other dd picked up the old dining set weeks ago.
I have taken care of a few society things today, as well as other odds and ends. Just not a good productive day. I have many things looming and I really need to get focused.

I think I have about 6 page kits ready for the crop next month. That was all the pictures I had printed, so until I print more, it is hard to work on page kits. Goal is to finish up gingerbread pages and the pages for the society album at the crop along with re-doing the pages for my Uncle Harold, now that I have info on him.

Lizzy, I hope your week is going well and Sarah continues to improve.
Hello to Laurie, Nancy & Carrie also. I hope everyone's week is going good. I had a yard full of robins this afternoon. Seems early, but they know what they are doing.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1879 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:05:04 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Hello all. It has been a harrowing last few days. That said the party went off without a hitch. Food was delicious. Turned on Downton Abbey during the power outage. Jim even won his own pool. Yesterday we found out that there are lots of things missing at the office. After searching high and low all day today and no one has been able to find them since the old receptionist left, we now know where they are. The main concern is a booklet that housed passwords and a credit card number to use for medical supplies. I can't believe that she would take these things. Her husband is a lawyer and a really nice guy. Jim sent him an email and said that she needed to return them immediately or face prosecution. Why is it that the drama always finds me lately? I am sick to death of it. I really just want to have time to finish Rome. I only have 2 weeks to get it done.

Pat are you getting the snow going through tonight. Only 1-2 inches expected. Did you get to see the Zumba Class? How did you like it? Are you going to join in next time?

Paula how was lunch out? I am sitting here by the fire. The guys are playing tennis. Search the internet for Downton Abbey. There are several British sites that play the series.

Rhonda sounds like you have a very productive weekend. Glad you enjoyed the shower.

well I am going to load up CCR and design a few pages. This is much easier with the Silhouette software since you can import photos into it. But the designs I want to use are on several cartridges.

Have a wonderful evening.

lizzyea Offline
#1880 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:56:12 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...I have been so busy...and so focused on work. For the first time in ages, I feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel regarding grading papers! This week, or early next week, my students will be taking a test, so whatever I don't get graded this week, I can hopefully finish then.

It is getting chilly again here...another Pacific storm coming down from the north...bringing rain and chill. The man came back to my trailer to reset the thermostat and bring the heat. I haven't had heat in my trailer since early January. So, we'll see if it works. It's so cold in there that I could just about die. All that runs is the AC. When I left today, every part of me was so cold!

I don't have much news at all. Sorry about the former receptionist/office person (allegedly) stealing the items from the office, Carrie. I hope you get all of them items back with little hassle. It sounds as if you are never far from some sort of crisis these days. You need a good dose of boredom!

Paula, how are things going for you? Anything big going on?

Pat, how come you took pictures at the Zumba class? For the fundraiser?

Rhonda...anything going on?

OK...I've got to go...I need to organize some papers and look over my lesson plans for tomorrow. Then, I'm hoping to create some homework for kids who didn't do well on a test.

So, for now, g'night.
imnchghere Offline
#1881 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:09:33 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning people.. been up for while trying to get caught up on some emails and other personal computer stuff.
I had a good time at the Zumba class/fundraiser last night, even though I didn't participate. About 50 ladies showed up. Most of them know the Mom from the house fire. I am not sure what dd will do with the pictures. Some will go on FB I guess. They are having another one tonight, but I am not going.

Lizzy, glad you are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry to hear about the heat problem in the trailer though.
Carrie, that is awful about the former employee. Sounds like she has a problem that might need professional help.
Do you have a lot of Rome pages to still do? Then what will you work on?
We didn't get any snow yesterday/last night. I think it went north of us into PA. I think we have rain on Friday.

Today I am going to catch up on some housework and try to make a plan for some tea related birthday cards I need for March. I might do an easel card. I also want to get at least one page kit put together. I am trying to set realistic goals on the number of kits I can get together and then actually assemble at the crop.

With that said, I am going to get busy. Hope everyone has a good day.

rm920 Offline
#1882 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:41:04 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning..

Pat, it looks like everyone was doing great at the zumbathon last night. So nice they could do that for the family. Hope you get the tea cards going.

Carrie, sorry about the past employee frustrations. I'm agree with Lizzy - you need a good dose of boredom. Did you get much done on CCR last night?

Lizzy, you have been awesomely productive! WTG!! Sorry about the cold classroom. Hope they got the heat going in there. I am not very productive when I am cold. How are the wedding plans progressing?

Paula, sorry you were all alone here yesterday! Enjoy all the snow - but may you could share and send some my way?? We are hoping the rain chances for tonight come through. Hope you enjoyed lunch out with your friend.

Not much going on here. Just continuing the work on sorting through stacks of paper. And the tax paperwork is beginning to come in. That is where I will be again tonight.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1883 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:09:09 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning! Is it still morning. Maybe now but now when I finish this. LOL

It is a very quiet day today. I did hip hop zumba this morning and now I am basking in the sunshine pouring in the windows and it feels wonderful. I have found that I can design things in Inkscape and then import them into Silhouette Designer and cut them out. I have been having a ball doing custom items for Rome. I have all of Rome to do yet. It's only 2 days but there are a thousand photos. Not all are going in. Jim likes them all in the book but it's too much.

Lizzy so glad you have things under control. Wish I could share my fire and sunshine with you and warm you up. Right now no news is good news.

Pat the receptionist lady has been a thorn in my side for a couple years now. She needs help alright. I am just counting my blessings that she is gone and things are under control with the new girl. How are the tea cards coming? The easel cards look interesting. I'd like to try one sometime. We are going to Cancun in a couple weeks so that is my next project.

Rhonda isn't the tax paper work outlandish? There is so much of it. Are things really dry in your neck of the woods? It is melting here today. We have a couple inches on the ground.

Paula is your appointment tomorrow? I've been thinking about you a lot.

Well I am hitting the craft room. Don't faint!
rm920 Offline
#1884 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:37:00 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning....we finally got some rain - about .9 inch. Very welcome. Yes, Carrie, we are very dry here. Lots of farm ponds are drying up. My pond is down by about two thirds. We are behind about 22 inches of rain in the last 2 years.

Carrie, hope you didn't "hit" the craft room too hard, did you get a lot of crafting done?

What has everyone else been up to?

Tonight is Hornet basketball!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1885 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:45:40 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Rhonda, so glad you got some rain!! Wish I could share ours.
It was snowing again this morning and now I think it's raining. Should be a lovely mess.
Enjoy the game tonight!

Yes Carrie, my appt. is this morning. Then this afternoon the oven guy is supposed to come with the part to fix our oven.
Sorry about the mess with the old receptionist. Good thing she is gone, hope you can sort out the mess.
How did you do with Rome? I bet it is fun reliving that trip through the pics!!

Pat, it looks like the fundraiser was a great success!! What fun that you could go see it and take pics. :)
Did you get a start on your tea cards?

I need to get out the door. Be back this afternoon.
imnchghere Offline
#1886 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:01:07 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. another late start for me, so I am going to have to stay focused. I've been watching the nor'easter that is coming. We will just get a little freezing rain in the morning, but Jim's family in CT and MA are hunkering down. Most of them have generators and fireplaces, but it is still a LOT of snow.
Paula, I hope the Dr visit goes well for you. At least the weight of cancer is not in the picture. The 2nd Zumba event last night went even better with more people attending. The normal class is never more than 15 people. They got over 50 on Tue. I heard several ladies say this was the push they needed to start attending the class, so that was good.

Rhonda, I wish your area could get some rain or even better, a heavy snow fall that would melt into the ground. I am not sure how much we are still down, but it is significant. Hope the Hornets do well tonight. Are you attending or is this is a game you will listen to?

Carrie, I saw a layout yesterday (on this board) using CTMH flap pages (I think they were called). She had 19 pictures on it. I am going to get a hold of my CTMH friend and find out about these. They would be perfect for some of the family pages I do. The one here on the board was for Les Miserables.

Well, I made good progress last night on the birthday cards. I cut/scored bases for several of one style and tried to pick pattern papers. I will be revisiting those today and see if I can find better or other choices in my scrap stash. For the easel card I am going to photograph a tea set up and print a few out. I might even have one in my photo gallery I can use. Once I print the picture, I will pick papers for those cards. I also put together a page kit. Since I will be working on a lot of holiday pages, I am going to get those embellishments together and just take them all.

The other thing I will be doing today is riding the bike. Pushing for 5 miles.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1887 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:37:07 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Pat, Deb (my Wed. crafting friend) sells CTMH and I have used those. I LOVE THEM!!! They are called flip flaps and I think they have 3 different sizes. They are perfect for those pages that you have lots of pics for. You can still highlight a special pic or two but include the rest in the flaps. They are also good for memorabilia.
What a super turnout for the fundraiser!! It sounds like a win, win, win situation. (money for the family, more business for the class (hopefully) and more healthy people) Great!!

My appt. went well. They drew some more blood to check something. He agrees with me that having a double mastectomy is a good plan. I will check out info about that next.

HEY!!! the oven guy came at the top of his estimated time. How about that??!! Now what to do??
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1888 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:41:40 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good afternoon! It is in the 40's and the snow is almost all gone.

Paula it was good to talk to you. I know that you will make the best decision for you. Sometimes it helps to gain insight from others experiences. It is good that you can relax and not have to make this decision under the threat of cancer having returned.

Pat I tried to go looking for the pages you are talking about and all of the photo attachements are missing. At least I think they are. I only click on 3 but they photos were all missing and I couldn't open them. I am going to check out the CTMH site.

Rhonda hope you get more rain. Looks like you have another 21 inches to make up for. I have been watching a lot of basketball this year. Maybe because the TV shows aren't very good. Last night I watched a documentary on Yellowstone. It is scary.

I went to Archivers this morning and am fully equipped to work on Rome. I have lots of cuts ready to do but needed to know colors before I cut them. I even have pages designed so it should go quickly once I get upstairs. Nothing much else happening. We are going to let the missing office things go. I issued her check and ordered a new credit card after reviewing all the charges. Passwords have been changed and the other things can easily be replaced. No drama! I love it!
imnchghere Offline
#1889 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:03:46 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Carrie, here is the link to the page. There are 3 pictures, but I was able to see them.

http://www.cricut.com/fo...gle-page-LO--X-post.aspx

WTG getting everything for Rome under control. And avoiding drama on the office issue. I believe in Karma, so her time will come.

I just about have my tea themed birthday cards under control and now I just need to take caare of some society business and then I can work on the cards. I need 4 for March, but then none until June.

Paula, glad the appt went well and you are good with everything so far. Is the oven all fixed? I did find the flip flap things in the catalog, so I am going to see if my friend has any in stock and can bring some to the crop next month.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1890 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 4:11:45 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Pat thanks for the link. I saw the weather report. How much white stuff are you supposed to get? They said 2-4 inches per hour. Wow.