Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

gnni4708c2d55 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 4:37:07 PM(UTC)
gnni4708c2d55

Groups: Registered

I bought my Cricut Imagine several years ago on HSN. Bought a gypsy as well, opened the box but have never even taken it out of the box. I have vision problems and never got around to using the imagine, can't read the screen very well, the print is just too small for me without a magnifying glass. Put it away. Last year I decided that I needed to use it, so I bought a bunch of cartridges with my income tax return to guilt myself into using it. Still never used it. I have never made a single cut with this thing, just keep buying cartridges thinking, someday, someday.

This year's New Year's resolution was to actually use the Cricut.

I have been trying to install CCR since New Year's Eve. One error after another. I have no virus protection on this computer, so I know that was not the issue. Dumped IE and got Firefox. Added exceptions to everything in my firewall. rebooted millions of times. Actually bought a second laptop computer since mine seemed to be having issues. New computer has no virus protection, no spyware protection, no programs on it. Just Windows XP and firefox, clean hard drive with nothing that could cause interference. Still couldn't get it running. Spent every day off, 2 to 6 hours each day working on installing, uninstalling, bla bla bla. Hate this thing.

FINALLY got it to install last night, I have NO idea what I did.

Got into craft room. Tried to hook it all up. Needed to sync. Could not sync. Went without sleep. FINALLY got it to sync. Started a project and hit GO! Everything seems to be working, but when I get to 'follow the instuctions on your cricut screen', the screen says connected, and then flips to the menu. Does not cut.

I am frustrated. Angry I decided to try to just use the machine. Set everything up again for my test. Printed, did not cut. Angry Tried again, just printed again and did not cut. Tried to just cut and not print anything, and after the 2 times through with the cutting mat just printing, my mat is no longer sticky, the paper will not stick and I just ruined several nice pieces of paper cutting without the paper staying in place. Angry I had literally NEVER used the cutting mat before these 2 cuts, it has been under it's protective plastic and never used before these 2 prints that did not cut, and it will not stick now.

I hate this thing.

I have an Accucut and thousands of dollars of dies. I love my Accucut. I hate my Cricut. I wish I could send it back, but it sat unopened and unused for 2 years, my warrenty is up. I have 10 cricut cartridges, the Imagine and the tool kit. I want to throw them away. I hate cricut and will tell everyone I know to NEVER WASTE THIER MONEY ON THIS POS!

I could have some very nice Accucut dies with the money I wasted on this insect.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Hey anyone else hate thier bug and want to file a class action lawsuit against provo craft,let me know. I would be all over that.

sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:33:58 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
gnni,

I don't have an imagine, so I don't know diddly about how it's supposed to work. But maybe go to the Imagine forum and start reading. I'm sure you'll find others that have had the same misfortune as you. And you will probably find some fixes for them.

One of the things I learned early on was to use Internet Explorer when downloading Cricut Craft Room and Sync. I turn off everything but the lights (as in firewalls and virus), use IE and then pray to God it's not a full moon. If all that falls into place - then it's a go.

There have been so many issues with the Imagine that you are certainly not alone. I believe there was an update to CCR to specifically address the Imagine issues. Although if you downloaded the latest version you should have that. Have you tried to update your machine? Also try to call Customer Service. They almost certainly have a lot of hours logged with complaints about the Imagine.

Please keep us posted on any progress you make. We're all rooting for you.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 2/5/2013(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Online
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:37:17 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 191 post(s)
It really sucks when things don't work the way you want the first time!! I've been there. I'm sure many of us have.

Before you get too anti-Cricut, perhaps you could speak to a customer service rep and see about fixing the issues you're having.

For the record, I use a Cricut Expression, not the Imagine and I absolutely love it Love

Edited by user Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:40:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Calmom Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:11:48 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Your going to file a Class Action Suit because you let the Imagine sit in a box for 2 years basically, and now complaining it's not working to your expectations Laugh LOL

So, before you waste your time filing a frivolous lawsuit, why not call Customer Service, they are great with helping their customers. It could be human error and not machine error, just saying RollEyes
 1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 2/6/2013(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:37:10 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Sorry it didn't work. Unfortunately, the Imagine has been hit and miss on working with CCR ever since the beta of CCR came out. It's fine for some, doesn't work at all for others, and is a mix with others. Which is probably why Provo finally put the notice out that the Imagine will be supported as a stand alone machine. (which it actually is not as it's now 14 months later with no fix for a known issue for it as a 'stand alone' machine).

What you could do (Narelle may know for sure) is to design in CCR as it's a larger screen for you, and then export that to your gypsy to use with the Imagine. It wont' work 100% of the time as there are some regular cartridges on the gypsy that won't work with the Imagine due to one of their updates they put out that is also a 14 month long unfixed issue. I love using my Gypsy with my Imagine. You just can't use the 'weld' feature with flooded images as that won't transfer to the gypsy.

Hope that makes some sense :(
Sorry it's been a hassle. Few of us that keep an eye out in the Imagine forum though if you ever need and want to give a holler.

:)Khrista
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:38:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Did you INSTALL DRIVERS for your machine? Go to the HELP menu in CCR to do this.

Char
JanisD Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:44:46 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Vent? Wow I guess so.....

Did you ever think about calling Provo Crafts cutsomer service? They are super friendly & always very helpful. I've been using my bug & my Expression since they came out & love them both. I haven't cut anything without Craft Room in so long, I wouldn't know how. CCR is a wonderful program!

Your really missing out by not learning how to use your cricut.

I'm sure you could sell your carts. & your machine if you don't want to learn how to use them.
jscraftylady Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:23:09 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2345 time(s) in 1260 post(s)
My Imagine does not work with CCR correctly. No build of CCR. Ever. So I don't have any good info for you there. As for using it alone, I would call and try to work with customer service. I do have an Imagine and it does work with the cartridges. Hopefully, they can help get yours working.

You mentioned you have a new Gypsy. Sell that baby on eBay. I sold my extra Gypsys for some tidy little sums.
Leanner Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:28:23 AM(UTC)
Leanner

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1562 time(s) in 1150 post(s)
Sorry that you are having problems. My Imagine is working with the current build of CCR but it did only print and not cut with earlier versions. It did work just fine as stand-alone too.

I would call support and see if they can help.

Also, the mats can dry out. You could try wiping them with a baby wipe or washing them with hot water to see if it helps. I use blue painter's tape to help hold down things if my mat is losing its stickiness.

There also was a bad batch of mats a while ago and Provocraft addressed that issue. The newer mats are much nicer.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:32:07 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
Hmmm. I don't use CCR, so no help there.

But I really like my Imagine. For me, it has been really easy to use, and I have had NO issues with it.

I also LOVE my Expressions, LOVE LOVE LOVE my Gypsy, and I have a used Baby Bug that I take camping with my G so I can scrap in the woods.
jscraftylady Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:35:25 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2345 time(s) in 1260 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Hmmm. I don't use CCR, so no help there.

But I really like my Imagine. For me, it has been really easy to use, and I have had NO issues with it.

I also LOVE my Expressions, LOVE LOVE LOVE my Gypsy, and I have a used Baby Bug that I take camping with my G so I can scrap in the woods.

Oh, like a bear? Oh wait, that's not how the joke goes.....LOL