Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<2425262728>»
DebbieScraps Offline
#751 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 5:22:08 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone, am really finding it difficult these days to keep up with everything, there are just not enough hours in the day! The pool pump has finally died and within 24 hours the water was already going green. Hope that it will get sorted quickly, I really don't need this hassle at the moment. The high temperatures make the water go green so quickly. DD is having her engagement party this weekend, they had to postpone it as future SIL was working away. I was helping her decorate yesterday, she has gone with a valentine theme and it is looking quite good. It will just be a very small affair with close friends and family. I think the wedding will be here before we know it.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#752 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 9:41:12 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1483 time(s) in 1180 post(s)
Hi all. We are finally home. Got in about 9:30 last night. Good to sleep in my own bed! Nick was happy to see us. He has wagged at me all morning! Poor guy is really having shoulder problems. I am wondering if there is some kind of shoulder support that he could wear to help him walk better. I will do some internet looking soon.

I was awake by about 5:30 with my mind going a million miles an hour. Wedding stuff. Only six weeks left! As soon as the girls left for work, I started laundry and then got my Cricut going to make more invites. Nancy, will more wedding invites count towards Christmas cards??? LOL Flapper

Shelly, prayers for your grandbaby.

Megan's fiance's brother had a liver transplant while we were gone. His liver was bad enough that he was only on the list a week or so. It sounds as if he is doing really well.

Sandra, I mostly just knit on circular needles. I don't loose one that way! I LOVE bamboo needles. I have bunches of aluminum ones, but bamboo is my favorite.

Back to laundry, unpacking, and invites.
Shelly Offline
#753 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 11:23:15 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 307 time(s) in 269 post(s)
JOY - So how was your trip? Especially how were the sea days? We want to do this cruise, probably next winter. Hope you can find something for Nick's shoulder! Wow, only 6 weeks till your wedding! It's hectic, but you will get it all done and it will be beautiful!

NANCY - Hope Abigail is doing better! Teething is so miserable for babies. Hope you are feeling better today as well!

DEBBIE - Sounds like a fun theme for the engagement party! Bet it's beautiful! Hope you get your pump fixed so you can use your pool.

LAURA - I was ooking at that box to make for a valentine goodie for some friends. Haven't decided what I want to do yet. What size paper did you start with. Do you have a pic?

We will hear today about the blood tests for my daughter and then on valentine's day she goes in for another ultrasound that is more in depth. Staying positive.

Trying to find a fun valentine projet to make for my family and my friends. Have been looking online and haven't seen anything that really grabs me yet. But, will do the valentine box like Laura is doing if nothing else comes along. Wanted to find something really quick and easy for a church group on Thursday, but have to make about 30 and don't want to spend a lot of time or money on it. not sure if I will do anything or not.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#754 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 5:47:47 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, it was a bit rough for a day or day and a half on the way over, but smoother than last year. Not too bad on the way back. But it does not bother us all that much. We take ginger root capsules to help with any nausea. I also decided to take Bonine this year.

It was a really nice trip! WARM!!!
SandraB. Offline
#755 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 7:13:33 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 237 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Rather uneventful day here for a change. School went smoothlyBigGrin. Stopped in at the library as we were all given library cards last week and I found out you could get loads of books online and onto your Kobo. Downloaded the program but hit a snagMad, my own fault in the endBlushing! The gal gave me a step by step sheet and I was able to get things fixed up so now I should be good to goBigGrin! After I finish the book I'm reading now I will give it a try. Geez, you don't even have to go to the library now daysLOL!

Joy: glad you made it back safe & sound and had a great trip. Wow, the 1st wedding is only 6 weeks away! Hope you are able to find something for Nick. Hope things continue to improve for the young man with the liver transplant. I'll be giving the circular needles a try after I finish the square I'm knitting now. Should be interesting.LOL

Debbie: hope the engagement party goes well, sounds like fun. Hope you get the pool pump fixed.

Shelly: hope the blood tests all went well for dd.

The day started out nice weatherwise, but around 10:30 the wind really picked up, gusting to 50 km./hour. At least the sun stayed out. My new Keurig machine was delivered by UPS but being I wasn't home they didn't leave it, so tomorrow I pick it up at the UPS store close to where I work. Can't wait to get itBigGrin!

Bye for now, take care everyone.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#756 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 7:18:57 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I may have mentioned that Megan's fiance' gave her a Keurig for Christmas. She left it at our house most of Christmas break so we could share! BigGrin I think she really likes it.
Larmabee Offline
#757 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 7:22:32 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I'm trying to post from my phone - we'll see how it goes.
I made 2 boxes from 1 - 81/2 by 11 sheet or 3 boxes from a 12x12. I use design studio do I'm not sure of the setting
File Attachment(s):
image.jpg (2,601kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
Shelly Offline
#758 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:52:35 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

LAURA - Thanks for the info and pic on the valentine box. i will play with it and try it out.

JOY - i want to go somewhere warm! I'm so tired of COLD (for us, not those of you in Canada)and the inversions we keep getting. But our vacationing may be on hold for a while. Yesterday my husbands company froze his retirement. They will no longer be putting any money into it. So we were looking at him retiring in about 2 1/2 to 3 years, so now we will have to figure a way to make up the money we were planning on being there by that time. I guess we may be using our vacation money for that. Its ironic that this happened now, as just on Friday we went and talked to his company's financial people to look at where we would be at retirement time. I asked my husband if there was anything that could upset our plan. He said the only thing would be if the company did what they did on Monday. DH is so upset about this.

My DD called the doctor for her results yesterday, and was told she would not know anything until Wed. or Thurs. The nurse had not realized this test was sent out of state, so it takes longer to get the results than she thought. So a few more days of waiting on this test.

Need to go get busy and get my to do list smaller. Have a great day everyone!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#759 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:30:50 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, that is too bad, but I get it. The State of Oregon changed our retirement about 10 years ago. If that had not have happened, we would have been in GREAT shape. As it is, we have to be very careful with our pennies. I know that it might not sound like it with all of our traveling, but we have seen too many people dream of traveling, but wait until they are physically not able to, and we have seen their regrets. We want to travel while we have the health to enjoy it. I have a hunch that DH will probably end up with a job in the next couple of years, even if it is working for a farmer in the fall for harvest. But maybe then I can get some real crafting done!!!

Working on more invites. I think I have just part of the work left on 24 more. The challenging part - stamping and embossing so it will look nice!
SandraB. Offline
#760 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:00:38 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

evening everyone;
Just back from bowling and a bit of shopping. Well, my Keurig saga continuesCursing! I go to pick it up at the UPS store...it's not there. They put in a call to somewhere, in the meantime I come home to find another notice that they had tried to deliver it againCrying and of course no one was at home. The note says they will try again tomorrow, but I phoned back to the UPS store and they say it will be there tomorrow so I can pick it up there. Fingers crossed it's there for meRollEyes! Tomorrow we take the grade 4's for their last skating day and then the whole school is doing a Winter Walk later in the a.m. There is also a jr. high dance in the p.m. Thankfully, it's my early day so can get out earlyLOL! Then we have Thurs. & Fri. offThumpUp!

Joy: my dh retired from his job with the City about 6 years ago with a full pension. After a few months off he took his current job with NAPA, he plans on working there until I retire in another 6 years (if I work until I'm 65).

Shelly: sorry to hear about what happened to your dh. Goes to show nothing is for certain now days. Hope things work out for you guys. Hope dd hears soon about the blood tests, nothing worse than waiting. Hope you were able to get some of your to do list done.

Take care everyone.
AlyaMama Offline
#761 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:42:07 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Howdy- Still working on my party stuff and the stuff for the potential store business. Can't seem to goet motivated, then on my facebook business page a lady asked me to make some party stuff. Guess I'll be sitting at my cricut for a while. FunBigGrin . I need to make a few samples for her and then hopefully I can get started.

The weather here is really cold again. I'm ready for spring, I've always said Ilove the cold, but now I take it back. I want nice weather agaim.

Debbie I hope you get the pool sorted out. A Valentines Day themes sounds great. I wish there were more hours in the day too.

Nancy hope Abigail is feeling better. Layla's top 2 teeth are starting to poke through, it's so cute when she smiles.

Sandra maybe you should just camp our at the UPS store. I can't live without my coffee.

Joy enjoy your invite making, sounds like your keeping busy. I think you should travel when you're able. I keep telling Jamal he moved us half way around the world, we should see some of it. Paris is much cheaper from here then the States, so why not go?

Shelly I hope your DD get good news.

Laura your boxes are so cute. I haven't tried that one yet. I love tomake boxes for some reason. I just wish they ended up bigger when thier done. They seem so small.

Well, my Lego sorting saga continues, we had a whole 6 weeks off from school and we didn't get it done. I think I'm going to forget the whole thing and they can all stay jumbled. My ultimate goal was to get all the pieces back into sets. I feel if I spend 100.00 on a lego set, the pieces should only be used for making that set. I know this cramps thier creativity, but I don't care.

My kids went back to to school yesterday, I was doing the happy dance as they got on the bus. They were so bored here at home, I'm already stressing about what to do this summer with them.

Better go, Layla needs her nap and maybe I need one too, she stays up until about 11:00 at night, then I have to tget he kids up at 6:30 for school. Makes for 1 tired mama.

Bye for now.
Angie
NJsharon Offline
#762 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:44:27 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Been so busy lately with work, gym, scrapbooking days & girls classes!

I have my CTMH open house for saturday. Very low turnout this year I think, only one person definitley coming, 3 maybes. I normally get at least 6 people stopping by! Strange, doing the same format as I normally do with some great giveaways, so not sure why the low turnout this year. Maybe the weather, who knows?!

Work is going well, back in the kindergarten class. Definitely busier than I was in the 1st grade classroom, but I do like the little ones. Sure missed them & got lots of hugs when I came back!

I did get 2 Christmas cards done the other week on my cricut. Not sure I will get another 3 done. Just been so busy lately! They are simple, but will take pics & post them soon.

JeanneLee Offline
#763 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:16:02 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Morning everyone.

Welcome home, Joy!

We have been enjoying our DS 10 day leave...he graduated Marine boot camp! We had a wonderful trip down and back to Parris Island, SC. Joel's uncle drove all the way from WV and the grandparents from Ohio! I will try and post pics on my blog later today, but here is one of the proud mama and papa...
YES, it was in the 40s for graduation day and quite windy so we were glad we brought coats and blankets.

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:35:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanneLee attached the following image(s):
100_2390 (Medium).jpg
joyfullycrafting Offline
#764 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:15:35 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Laura, I finally got the pic to open of your boxes. They are so cute! I wish I had time to do something like that for the wedding, but maybe for Megan's.

Sandra, I hope you get your Keurig today!!!!! My coffee pot was empty when I went to pour a cup this morning, so I made more. No, it was not me that emptied it. Megan and Kate drank it. :)

Angie, it really is nice that your scrapping business is taking off a little. And I was ALWAYS happy when school started after summer break. For DH and the girls both! LOL

JeanneLee, love the pic of you and your Marine! Does he know where he will be stationed? I seem to kind of remember asking that question once before.

Sharon, if I lived closer, I would love to go to your open houses! It sounds like so much fun.

Nancy and/or Sharon, or anyone else - a question. On Manhattan Island, are there any just areas with houses, or is it all apartments and condos and high-rises? I have wondered that for a long time.

Got patterns last night for the bridesmaids dresses, and they are holding the fabric we want. This morning, I figured how much I need, and everything else I need, and will go back this afternoon and get all of it. My mom wants to help sew, which is nice - she is a beutiful seamstress. But she is SO SLOW. But I will have her help some how. Everything she makes is beautiful inside and out. My theory - if it doesn't show, I dont' care, as long as the outside looks good.

Off to work on addresses! Have a good day, all.
NJsharon Offline
#765 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:45:28 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post

Nancy and/or Sharon, or anyone else - a question. On Manhattan Island, are there any just areas with houses, or is it all apartments and condos and high-rises? I have wondered that for a long time.

On manhattan itself it is primarily apartment buildings, even if it is a store with an apartment over the top of it. But, they do have brownstone houses on the upper west side I know & down in the west village. Those are normally 3 story homes, but they are also sometimes split up into apartments, othertimes just kept as a 3 story home.

Here are pics of a couple of them...

http://commercial.marvin...y-hits-the-market-again/

3rd pic down on this page: http://stouttraveladvent...html?_escaped_fragment_=
joyfullycrafting Offline
#766 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:53:30 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Thanks, Sharon!
lv2scrap02 Online
#767 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:25:49 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1282 time(s) in 997 post(s)
Hi everyone...

Well my Vertigo is better still alittle dizzy at times as long as I don't bend down too far. I have been watching Abigail she plays so good on her own whether she is sitting on the floor playing or in her acitvity jumper. I think knowing I want to take care of her I concentrate on her feeding changing napping I am ok.

My son in law has been coming straight from his job (Hamptons at least a 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour drive to pick her up so I can rest . I think I am just run down maybe from not eating too healthy. I cut out beef I think I need the red meat. So I have been eating beef the last 3 days and feeling a little better.

Today I wne to have my blood taken this afternoon a physical. So we will see!!

Debbie... nice to see you on the MB I know like is hectic but nice to see you

Sharon... hope you have more of a turnout this weekend

JeanneLee.. nice photo I can see how happy you are being with him

Angie.. you go girl you are so busy crafting..

Sandra... sure hope your Keurig arrives so you can enjoy a good hot cup of coffee
( I set mine on the hottest temp 192 deg) nice hot cup of coffee

Joy ... Welcome back glad you enjoyed the warm weather, now get busy making those dresses

Laura... cute valentine boxes how many do you need to make??

Shelly... still have your DD in my prayers hoping test come back soon

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 2/7/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Online
#768 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:35:23 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy.. Sharon posted perfect links of Manhatten...

During the week the streets are so crowded with business people walking to work or on their lunch hour.

Tall buildings, apartment houses. Stores like you wouldn't believe...

it has a section for every nationality.. China Town where you have many restaurant and stores lots of vendors. Then there is Little Italy good food many restaurant, stores and also vendors.

Broadway amazing sites theatres shows movies you name it.

Unfortunitly my DH grew up out of the Eastern end of Long island quiet towns and farms.

He hates the City because of all the hustle and bustle city folks

I love it. I lived in the City until I was 11 yrs. old and loved it. Hop a bus get to where you are going or a train.

Oh and when you are walking thru upper Manhatten (wealthy area) you will see apartment building (brown stones) so elegant super clean the peoples names in gold plating.

The Lofts (warehouses converted to apartments) rental is anywhere from 1 1/2 Millon $$$ and up
Some apartments are in the millions to rent....
joyfullycrafting Offline
#769 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:09:35 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I gasped out loud when I read the amount for rent. Oh my. Just for comparison, Megan paid $100,000 for a 2300 square foot house, three bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, family room, living room, partial basement, a big corner lot. She did get a whale of a buy, but still . . . . . Jill paid $350,000 for a 1300 square foot house in the LA area, built in 1951. There, it is the land that is the huge expense. Her house sold for over $600,000 a few years ago.

Most of the envelopes are stuffed!! WOHOO!

SandraB. Offline
#770 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:36:51 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Great news everyone! My machine was at the UPS store this afternoon. I guess the driver got into a little bit of trouble for the mess-up. Oh well, not my problem...I got my machine now. I even gave it a try with the sample coffee they sent...it was a dark roast so I found it a bit strong.

Nancy: hope you are feeling better soon, hope all is well with your blood tests. Thanks for the helpful advice for my Keurig. What are your favorite k-cups?

Joy: you really are moving for this wedding. Good girl! Good luck with the dresses.

Sharon: hope you have a better than expected turnout for your event this Sat. Glad you are back in the Kindergarten class.

Angie: good luck with your little business venture.

JeanneLee: glad everything went well for ds graduation

Now a couple of extra days off schoolBigGrin! I'm going with my friend to a dr.'s appt. tomorrow and then we are making a few extra stops at a few scrapping stores. Fri., I think we are going to spend the day scrapbooking here.
Bye for now, take care everyone

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#771 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:48:01 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

SANDRA - Glad you were able to finally get your Keurig! Enjoy it. Have fun shopping and scrapping on your days off.

SHARON - Hope you get a better turnout this weekend! Glad you are enjoying your new position back with the kindergartners

JEANNE - So glad you got to see your son finally! How nice for you.

NANCY - Oh I hope you feel better. Hope the blood tests will help you figure out what's going on.

ANGIE - Sounds like your business is really taking off. That is great! I know what you mean about kids going back to school. One of my favorite days!

My DD's blood tests came back. The probablity of any of the things they tested for being wrong is very low. Doctor was very happy. Now she wil have another ultrasound next Thursday and we will see if they still see the cyst. doctor said he is optimistic that everything will be fine.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
AlyaMama Offline
#772 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:44:05 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Wow Nancy that is a lot of money for rent. I think I'll stay where I'm at for now. Ha ha. Hope you're feeling better, good luck with the Dr.

Joy good job getting those wedding invites going. I'm probud of you.

Shelly that's great news about your DD. I hope everything turns out good. Sometimes I think they don't realize how much they scare pregnant mom with all those tests and waiting for the results. I guess it's better to know, but sometimes better to not know.

Sandra sounds like a great day except the Dr. appt. Have fun at those scrappin stores, there is only one here and it's just too expensive for me. I understand the lady has to pay cutoms and shipping on everything she brings in, but sometimes I think she takes advantage of that.

Sharon good luck with the open house.

Off to work on some of these projects I got myself into. Busy busy busy.

Bye for now.
lv2scrap02 Online
#773 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:58:03 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: SandraB. Go to Quoted Post
Great news everyone! My machine was at the UPS store this afternoon. I guess the driver got into a little bit of trouble for the mess-up. Oh well, not my problem...I got my machine now. I even gave it a try with the sample coffee they sent...it was a dark roast so I found it a bit strong.

Nancy: hope you are feeling better soon, hope all is well with your blood tests. Thanks for the helpful advice for my Keurig. What are your favorite k-cups?

Joy: you really are moving for this wedding. Good girl! Good luck with the dresses.

Sharon: hope you have a better than expected turnout for your event this Sat. Glad you are back in the Kindergarten class.

Angie: good luck with your little business venture.

JeanneLee: glad everything went well for ds graduation

Now a couple of extra days off schoolBigGrin! I'm going with my friend to a dr.'s appt. tomorrow and then we are making a few extra stops at a few scrapping stores. Fri., I think we are going to spend the day scrapbooking here.
Bye for now, take care everyone

So glad you finally got your Keurig.. I order my coffee thru Keurig.com and when you register your coffee maker they send you some free coffee to try. Also you get points for every box you buy and the points add up and I was able to buy the Platium one (more expensive in stores) for
way less money using my points. My DH loves all the flavored coffee where I dont.

I love Columbia Trade nice med. roast. The coffees with the famous people like Emeril or Wolf Gang Puck are very strong coffees. I stay away from them. You can go on line and sign up and they will tell you the strenght of the coffee.

Also they are very good customer service never put cold water in the pot when the machine is turned on. Make sure it is off before you refill

My Keurig was out of Warrenty I had it 2 yrs and it died and they said they would replace it for freeBigGrin

Enjoy
lv2scrap02 Online
#774 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:05:32 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Thanks girls I hope the test come back ok that nothing is wrong. I am feeling a little better today. The doctor said it could be my blood pressure medication.

I am glad I decided to change doctor this one is younger and I feel more on the ball. She said it could be the high dosage blood pressure meds. So she changed the medication to a way lower dosage. It could take weeks before we know if it is the right one!

Well snow coming I don't mind as long as it is later Friday once my children are all home and safe.

Shelly keeping fingers crossed all goes well

Sharon.. hope you are happy with your new class. Glad you did some Christmas cards.

I know everyone is busy especially Joy so Joy you are excused from the challange. Unless you want to be your choice.

I did manage to make a 5 cards so I am good to goBigGrin

Angie.. that is the Upper West side of Manhattan with the high prices for rent.

People actually buy whole apartment building and rent or buy 2 or 3 building and convert the whole insides to one home. It is amazing.

Anyway Snow is on the way...

Have a good day all
JeanneLee Offline
#775 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:52:42 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Morning everyone!

Joy, next week DS heads back south to Camp Lejeune, NC for a month of Military Combat Training then he will head to his specialty school for Communications.(looking like Palms, CA)
Not sure how long he will be there. Then he will be assigned a permanent duty station. Praying it will be here on the east coast.

Nancy
, sorry to hear about the vertigo you have been having! Hope that the doctor will find a quick solution for that!

Sandra
, enjoy your new coffee maker. DD and DSIL (wedding present!) have one and they love it!
Enjoy your days off!

Tonight our oldest DS and our Marine are going to play and *open mike* at a local place. Will be fun to see them play outside of our basement!(I'll try and get a photo!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#776 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:46:37 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, so glad to hear the news about your DD!

Nancy, hopefully the new meds will help.

Sharon, I saw on FB that you had to cancel your class. Hopefully you will be able to plan another soon,with better attendance.

JeanneLee, enjoy your time with your son! At least if he ends up on the west coast, you can call and email him now.

Angie, I hope your crafting is going well. :)

Sandra, glad you finally got your coffee machine!!!!!!!!!

I am sure I missed someone, I usually do. :(

Got all the fabric and stuff that goes with making dresses. I am feeling a bit better about things now. There is a group of men at church that fix a dinner every Wednesday night so we can go and eat before all of the activities. Kate talked to them last night, and it sounds like they will do the meal for the reception. A baked potato bar! Simple. Jordan's family do potato brokering, so they will provide the potatoes. I think that takes care of the big things. I am sure there will be bunches of small details that we will have to deal with. Like hoping the dresses fit the girls that don't live here! One is Jill in CA, the other lives in the Seattle area.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#777 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:58:07 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

At last, here is a picture of the invitations. The cricut part is from Elegant Edges. They really are fairly simple, but when you make so many, it takes a while. Plus, using an embossing buddy, stamping, dumping on the poweder, shaking off the excess, then heating the powder does take a while. Then stamping the background and inking the edges. The black strip was easy to cut!

joyfullycrafting attached the following image(s):
2013 invitation.jpg
Shelly Offline
#778 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:34:12 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

NANCY - I have a question about the Christmas card challenge. Are the cards all supposed to be different or can they all be the same? Just wondering. I think about it all the time, just haven't got to it yet. I am hoping to next week.

JOY - have fun with making all the dresses. We did that with my first DDs wedding. Had a coworker of another DD do them. I helped cut them out and get them started. She had about 6-8 weeks. I finally went and got them from her the week before and finished them, because she was just dragging her feet. Had a couple late nights working on them as that was not in my plan. At least eaveryone lived nearby (some in my house) so fitting wasn't a problem. You will probably have no problem since it will be you and your mom. Also, I love your invite. I posted on your post about it, but it really is beautiful! Lucky daughter having such a talented mom!

JEANNE - How nice to get to have your DS home with you for a bit before he has more training. Crossing fingers that he will be stationed close to you!

Thanks for the well wishes for my pregnant daughter. I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but the Dr. said that with the improved imaging on ultrasounds they are seeing more of these cysts and so they don't expect to see it when they do the repeat ultrasound, especially with the results of the blood tests.

Have a great day!
lv2scrap02 Online
#779 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:39:03 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
At last, here is a picture of the invitations. The cricut part is from Elegant Edges. They really are fairly simple, but when you make so many, it takes a while. Plus, using an embossing buddy, stamping, dumping on the poweder, shaking off the excess, then heating the powder does take a while. Then stamping the background and inking the edges. The black strip was easy to cut!

Joy... love love the invitation you must be pleased with it. Nice work
lv2scrap02 Online
#780 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:40:22 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: Shelly Go to Quoted Post
NANCY - I have a question about the Christmas card challenge. Are the cards all supposed to be different or can they all be the same? Just wondering. I think about it all the time, just haven't got to it yet. I am hoping to next week.

JOY - have fun with making all the dresses. We did that with my first DDs wedding. Had a coworker of another DD do them. I helped cut them out and get them started. She had about 6-8 weeks. I finally went and got them from her the week before and finished them, because she was just dragging her feet. Had a couple late nights working on them as that was not in my plan. At least eaveryone lived nearby (some in my house) so fitting wasn't a problem. You will probably have no problem since it will be you and your mom. Also, I love your invite. I posted on your post about it, but it really is beautiful! Lucky daughter having such a talented mom!

JEANNE - How nice to get to have your DS home with you for a bit before he has more training. Crossing fingers that he will be stationed close to you!

Thanks for the well wishes for my pregnant daughter. I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but the Dr. said that with the improved imaging on ultrasounds they are seeing more of these cysts and so they don't expect to see it when they do the repeat ultrasound, especially with the results of the blood tests.

Have a great day!

Shelly whatever you prefer either the same or different. I have several different ones I made