Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<34567>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#121 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 4:39:14 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 659 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ksqueenb Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,so glad I finally got into the board. I had to backdoor it and do not seem to be able to get into the general chat.

I have another swap I have to work on today but then I can start this one.

I still cannot get onto the MB my normal way. The maintenance page still comes up! So something is weird here. If it weren't for the link JeanP gave me that I have to keep referring to to get in here, I'd be going nuts trying to figure it out.

I might have time this weekend to work on this swap. I'm looking forward to attempting this project.

MOgoggingirl Offline
#122 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:57:12 AM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 397 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
That is good that you exchanged information and will communicate via pm. Well I do hope you do find time to still come chat; however, just keep in mind my rule on posting even just a quick - JCI on the thread.

Post at least once per week (Week starts Monday - Ends Sunday for posting purposes)
Miss 1 check - in ; request is posted on main thread for those who have not checked in to please do so.
Miss 2 check-ins - will be removed that following monday from swap.

This makes it easier than having to chase people down to remind them to post on the thread.

You guys are so fun...all your posts are cracking me up - COB did you get your prize or did I send to the wrong city again???? LOL

For those using a rat trap keep in mind the spring is stronger than the mouse ones, so becareful when altering.

Thanks, K

Kelley I usually do good with the checking in thing regardless of how my partner likes to be contacted and I hope my post yesterday counts as checking inConfused. I didn't mean I wouldn't follow the rules of the swap, I just meant I probably wouldn't be on here as much as the rest of ya'll. Blushing

RockinRobin1 Offline
#123 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:20:46 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 666 post(s)
For those of you having issues getting on here (or photo issues), try disabling Java. I've received information from Norton that there's been some security issues with Java's latest update, so I just went and disabled it and so far it seems to be working. Of course it all does seem to coincide with PC's latest work on the system a few days ago, but who knows. It is quite annoying though. Now to log in I have to go to cricut.com, login, click "community" tab, then click "message boards"...I hate all that clicking. Even if I type cricut.com/forum I still have to go the long way.Cursing
Smlbugg Offline
#124 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:31:26 AM(UTC)
Smlbugg

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 35 post(s)
1. Do you have purpose you would like the item made for (Ie... messages, photos, recipes - etc)
Nope suprise Me
2. Do you have a theme/style/colors you prefer (Keep in mind this a no cost/low cost swap and not everyone has the same type of stash) - so maybe give a couple of suggestions.
Suprise me again
3. Is there anything you don't like? (example colors, style)
No animal prints please!!!!!!!

Checking In
 1 user thanked Smlbugg for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/5/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#125 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:24:19 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MOgoggingirl Go to Quoted Post
Kelley I usually do good with the checking in thing regardless of how my partner likes to be contacted and I hope my post yesterday counts as checking inConfused. I didn't mean I wouldn't follow the rules of the swap, I just meant I probably wouldn't be on here as much as the rest of ya'll. Blushing

Yes it does count and you are all good. I hope you can chat with us all....would love to get to know you better.BigGrin

QOD(s): How long have you been crafting? How did you get bit by the crafting bug? What is your favorite thing to do at the moment?

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
RockinRobin1 Offline
#126 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:37:19 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 666 post(s)
QOD(s):

How long have you been crafting? 30+ years. I've been formally scrapbooking since 2000 and card making since 2002.

How did you get bit by the crafting bug? I was at crop night at my LSS (now closed) and I wanted to cut some fleur de lis' for my son's wedding album and they had this machine on the counter with these cartridges (Cricut). Well, they showed me how to use it and it was love at first site!Love I went home and told DH I NEEDED that machine and next thing I knew I had one. I got the Expression because that was the newest one out and they were having a special and Walmart had it with a bundle of other stuff all for a great price. That was December of 2008.

What is your favorite thing to do at the moment? I'm back to making cards more. I do flip flop around in my crafting. I'm also enjoying these little monthly challenges as I LOVE to learn new things and techniques.BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:38:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sumrbrez Offline
#127 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:10:14 AM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Was thanked: 246 time(s) in 229 post(s)
I will be out of town working until Friday afternoon. I have already contacted my by PM and am excited to get started when I return home. (at work on break so snuck this post in)
 1 user thanked Sumrbrez for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/5/2013(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#128 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:52:41 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 400 time(s) in 335 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RockinRobin1 Go to Quoted Post
For those of you having issues getting on here (or photo issues), try disabling Java. I've received information from Norton that there's been some security issues with Java's latest update, so I just went and disabled it and so far it seems to be working. Of course it all does seem to coincide with PC's latest work on the system a few days ago, but who knows. It is quite annoying though. Now to log in I have to go to cricut.com, login, click "community" tab, then click "message boards"...I hate all that clicking. Even if I type cricut.com/forum I still have to go the long way.Cursing

Since the last maintenance updo before this one I've had to follow all the clicks to get in and I took Java off my computer a couple weeks ago when the security issues began but I still can't see pics in FF. Kind of a pain to have to use IE just to come here; I hope they fix the glitch soon.

KelleyRooks Offline
#129 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:55:13 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

QOD(s):

How long have you been crafting? How did you get bit by the crafting bug? What is your favorite thing to do at the moment?

I started with sewing when I was pregnant with Josh (He is almost 21 - yikes). I sucked at it royally. I sewed myself (my jammie shirt that is) into the machine a few times.

Then I was hit with the stamping bug when it came out and came completely obsessed.

When Scrapbooking made it's way "in", I got swept away with that. Then I took time off from crafting for a couple of years while I worked on my MBA and MSA. When I came back I had lost interest in scrapping and wanted to do something different and that is when I joined the message board and got into altering and other paper crafts. I am really enjoying that.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#130 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 4:24:56 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 659 time(s) in 538 post(s)
QOD(s): How long have you been crafting? How did you get bit by the crafting bug? What is your favorite thing to do at the moment?

My mom was a great sewer so I learned to sew when I was in the 4th grade, making 2 jumpers. I was hooked and sewed most of my wardrobe all thru HS. I loved to wear dresses, so I had one huge wardrobe. I worked at a fabric shop too one year, so that also helped collect patterns and great materials. Then I sewed in my 20s too, for my DD. Since then I guess I got too busy and got away from sewing but I still melt every time I sit at my sewing machine. I still use the same one I've had since I was a young teen! lol It's relaxing for me.

I guess I have a natural knack for crafting, as it shows in my decorated sugar cookies and other cookies. And thru the years I would try some crafts too.

I was flipping thru channels one day and just happened upon the release of the baby cricut on QVC in 2006 and said to myself that I would enjoy that for my Day Care and I had been saying to myself that I wanted to learn to scrapbook for my grandchildren. So I bought it. It pretty much sat in its box until Christmas week. Something made me find the Cricut MB and I fell in love with the card forum and started studying all the great crafters that were helping the rest of us create great things with the cricut. So I was having fun making cards for my family and Halloween cards and stuff like that. I didn't even realize the swap forum existed for several months! lol I never did get around to doing LOs though as I next found this swap forum and I was then hooked for good! I think my first swap was embossed folder panels. Then I was lucky enough to sign up for a couple of partner Halloween swaps and the one was excellent! My partner and I were both new to swapping and we had so much fun creating for each other. She never really did much swapping after that though...for personal reasons. My other swap partner was a dud though...I to this day remember the ugly stuff she sent me - I think her elementary kids must have made it all. So I got a taste of scammers in a hurry! But atleast my other fabulous partner more then made up for that bad memory. But thanks to that scammer and the disappointment I felt when I opened up that package and saw such junk....I vowed then that I would never send a junky package to anyone here and would alway try my best to put a happy smile on everyone's face when they received from me. So, for the most part, I think I've kept my promise to myself. Besides, I love sharing and creating too! It brings me joy!
ksqueenb Offline
#131 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:23:37 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Was thanked: 337 time(s) in 221 post(s)
QOD(s):
How long have you been crafting?
As long as I remember.

How did you get bit by the crafting bug?
As a kid my grandmother taught me to sew, embroider and crochet. My mom taught me to knit. I was in 4H and made several items for the fairs. I saw a baby bug and didn't think I would ever need it due to the expense but once I saw it in use at Michaels I had to have it. That was when they first came out and you could still use a coupon on it. BigGrin

What is your favorite thing to do at the moment? I am having lots of fun with the swaps I am in and altering items. The swaps challenge me to think out of thebox.
cricutjunky Offline
#132 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:52:39 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
How long have you been crafting? How did you get bit by the crafting bug? What is your favorite thing to do at the moment?

I started Crafting about twenty years ago when I decided to scrap my son's pictures. I got bit when I found out there was a Cricut Message Board and starting swapping. I just started using my silhouette machine, need to find the time really sit down and work with it.

Hope everyone had a great day!!
MOgoggingirl Offline
#133 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:19:26 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

QOD(s):

How long have you been crafting? 40+years

How did you get bit by the crafting bug? I have been crafting since I was a young girl. I started embroidering as a young girl in 4-h. Then I wanted doll clothes so my mom showed me how to use her sewing machine so I could make my own. Then I started making my own clothes and it progressed from there. I saw a Cricut machine at a monthly scrapbooking at my church. I asked what it was and what it did and they explained it to me. Once I knew about Cricut and what it could do I watched what others did at the crops and suddenly I wasn't content with how I was embellishing my scrapbook pages. So I went to Craigslist and bought a used bug and 3 carts. And now I'm hooked.Love

What is your favorite thing to do at the moment? Anything on the Swaps Thread I have been having a blast doing these and learning new things.Love BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:41:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseE Offline
#134 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:45:39 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 297 post(s)
QOD

How long have you been crafting.

Learned a little sewing in High School and liked it. Dad and step mom had an interior design business and I learned how to make drapes, pillows, bedspreads, place mat etc....got in to paper crafting about 5 years ago because my sister wanted scrap book stuff for Christmas and and saw how much there is to play with. She no longer Scraps....so if I need something that I know she has I will "shop" in her scraproom. SHH don't tell her.

Denise
KelleyRooks Offline
#135 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:12:24 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

I am so jealous of those of you who can actually sew. Drool That is definitely a skill I wish I had.
planlady19 Offline
#136 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:28:05 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 257 post(s)
How long have I been crafting.. well that depends on which crafting we are talking about.

I started sewing in high school .. everyone had to take home ec.. that is girls only.. so i know i am showing my age.. LOL my grandmother taught me how to knit but crochet is something that i never really learned but would love to. i started tole painting way back 30 years ago and so i am still doing that and then started with the cricut a few years ago when my dh bought it to make stencils for the painting.. little did he know what he was getting me into.. so i was very lucky to find a wonderful group of ladies on this board and starting swapping and so it goes on...

I have never been into the card making a lot but love all the ones i have received.. I have a wonderful group of ATC's that come in so handy when I need to put a card together but there is a lot that well never get used as they are mine..and safely tucked away..

for anyone who is new to this swap or this board.. just stick around you will learn so much and even though the mousetraps are small you will be amazed at how they will turn out..

terri
Jrcreate Offline
#137 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:56:44 PM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricutjunky Go to Quoted Post
Makin progess on my partners trap, I ended up altering this without removing the hardware, after having a fit with the first one, trying to get the nails back in and getting scratched up, it worked out well, here is a sneak peak.

Wow..thanks for the sneak peek! I have had a stomach bug but will get started on this over the weekend!
Jeanene
Jrcreate Offline
#138 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:04:49 PM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Checking in! My partner is already going so I am already behind. Will be working on this over the weekend!
QOD(s):
How long have you been crafting?Don't know if this counts but when I young I spent summers in Tennessee and my Ma maw would try to teach me to sew! However when I was about 11 she told me it was ok and not everyone could do everything! Still don't know how to sew!!!

How did you get bit by the crafting bug? Went to a stamp class to help a friend earn a set and have been hooked ever since! Was really into scrapbooking for a while but just lost interest in it... but am starting to get that again. I love to make cards because it is a project completed!

What is your favorite thing to do at the moment? I am loving all this altered business..it is so much fun and I love seeing the different takes we have on the same item!

Jeanene

JeanP Offline
#139 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:36:01 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 842 time(s) in 691 post(s)
How long have you been crafting?
I also learned to sew in high school when we had to take Home Ec. Showing my age here also Terri. That was back in the 60's!!!! LOL
Half the year was cooking and the other half was sewing. I made many of my skirts and dresses for school. I also learned to crochet from my Mother and have done many cross stitch projects. I learned to do basket weaving about 6 years ago from a dear friend who passed away in March of 2011.I think of her everytime I get out my supplies.
I have learned many aspects of crafting over the last 10 years and also enjoy stamping and card making. I love using DS and designing my cards and layouts.

How did you get bit by the crafting bug?
I blame my sister for that!!! She gave me a family scrapbook and the rest is historyBigGrin I loved how she used the pictures, embellishments and journaling to tell a story. I was hooked and love to do layouts.My children are grown and out of tthe house so I couldn't see going back 35-40 years and scrappng for them!!!!. My DD was a tour guide for a few years and did lots of traveling so I started with her and made a scrapbook title "Rebecca's Picture Trail". Snce then I have scrappeed lots of her pictures from various locations and with her friends.I leavve the jurnaling for her to do. Lots of my layouts are of vacations, animals or nature. I am sure that if I had grandkids, my theme would changeBigGrin
Unlike some people, I cannot do a layout without pictures!!!!! They are my starting point and everything else on the page revolves around them.

What is your favorite thing to do at the moment?
I still enjoy doing layouts the best. ATC's run a close second. You would be surprised at what you can do on such a small piece of paper!!!
I have learned so much from this MB, the people and the swaps. I don't think I would have been altering or doing "Steamunk Snowmen" if I didn't join the cricut community.

The rest of the week and weekend will be for crafting my mousetrap!!!!! Hopefully my plan comes together and it doesn't take that long to completeBlushing Cool Drool Flapper

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:27:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cricutjunky Offline
#140 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:31:23 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Jrcreate, glad your feeling better. I may be changing yours up a little, the creative mojo is in a stall, I was liking it and then somewhere it went south, and not so happy with it anymore.
I think Youtube is going to be my friend this weekend.
Have a great day everyone!!

artpaperfiber Offline
#141 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:44:33 PM(UTC)
artpaperfiber

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
My crafting started very early on, memories of a 3 year old, designing with my mother, a professional fashion designer, water colorist and devoted crafter. She taught me to sew handbound buttonholes at age five. She told me that when I sewed, if the back was not as nice as the front, it should be ripped out. I did alot of ripping until I finally got it right. When I was in home economics class, we were assigned to sew an apron by hand, no machine. We had to do a backstich around the edges. My teacher became angry with me, and accused me of using a sewing machine and made me stay after school, to demonstrate my sewing with her watching. She was so sorry when she saw I could expertly sew by hand, and felt so bad for accusing me of cheating. It was eight grade, and by then I had been sewing at home mith my Mom for many years. It was not unusual to come to the breakfast table, to see my mother, twisting strips of crepe paper, tied to the doorknob at one end, and to the electric hand held egg beaters on the other. She then used the twisted yardage, about 1/8th of an inch wide to wrap the base of a lamp. One day, I came home with my friends, and she had all the fabric pulled off all of the living room furniture, so she could reupholster everything , all at once. Needless to say, I had lots of crafting adventures with her, and became hooked right away. So crafting and all things artistic has been a way of life for me. I thought everyone was raised this way at first. Needless to say, it has always been a passion, and while others may have turned to drugs and alcohol, during their most difficult times, I am greatful, that I have always been able to seek comfort from my creative endeavors.

I love multi media and trying new things. Swapping has given me the opportunity to do things, I have never done before, like altering a spool. I think about how my mother would have had such a blast on this board, doing all of these wonderful crafts. She would have gone gang busters and probably would have signed up for every single one of them.LOL

Currently, I am spinning my own yarn, dyeing and felting, along with my cricut stuff. Wanting to learn something new, I ordered a raw sheep fleece (Jacob, black and white so I could blend all of the different shades)washed and carded it , spun it and knitted a hat for a friend. I've learned to spin and knit from silk from a silk "hanky" made from cocoons. I would like to try camel, bison and knit from milk. Yes, yarn from the by product of dairy is being commercially sold, along with soy and corn. I enjoy making scarves and hats for friends. I can not think of a craft I do not enjoy, or would not want to tryLOL Flapper Razz ThumpUp Wink Wub

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:07:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#142 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:01:35 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Wow you all have some terrific stories about your adventures into crafting.

QOD: What has been your biggest craftastrophy (crafting catastrophy)? (Funny stories welcome - pictures even betterLaugh )
scrappydew Offline
#143 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:09:22 PM(UTC)
scrappydew

United States

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
BigGrin Wanted to stop by and check in! Been busy working on Kims mousetrap, a little everyday. I'm liking it, hoping she will too!?! Hope everyone is having a great week. Weekend is almost here.Cool

QOD: What has been your biggest craftastrophy (crafting catastrophy)??????????
Hmm, gonna have to think about this one.
Jessie G Offline
#144 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:38:37 PM(UTC)
Jessie G

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Checking in!

cricutjunky Offline
#145 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:53:31 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

QOD: What has been your biggest craftastrophy (crafting catastrophy)? haha, there's been a few but nothing major, but I always end up throwing them away so sorry no pics.
CricutCrazy Offline
#146 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:54:01 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 901 time(s) in 651 post(s)
Okay - I have recently experienced my WORST ever Craft-ass-tro-phy !! LOL
Ruined my Vagabond... don't know why it all jammed in there, but I had done this same sandwich cut several times and then "BAM!"!! It jammed in there and wont come out...Out of warranty, so I spent 3 hours trying to take the machine apart to see if I could get it "unjammed" - ( I give you 3 guesses about whether or not I was successful )Crying

Here is a picture of my DOA Timmy Vagabond !!
CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
000_0001 (1024x767).jpg
KelleyRooks Offline
#147 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:12:31 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Okay - I have recently experienced my WORST ever Craft-ass-tro-phy !! LOL
Ruined my Vagabond... don't know why it all jammed in there, but I had done this same sandwich cut several times and then "BAM!"!! It jammed in there and wont come out...Out of warranty, so I spent 3 hours trying to take the machine apart to see if I could get it "unjammed" - ( I give you 3 guesses about whether or not I was successful )Crying

Here is a picture of my DOA Timmy Vagabond !!

Barb, oh no! Sizzix is very good about backing up their products even if they are out of warranty. They most likely would send you a new mechanism and instructions.

Here is a great video - kind of long that has the different sandwiches so your machine doesn't jam. It is for the big shot/big kick and vagabond.

Let's see I have sooooooo many craftastrophies.....hmmmmmm

In a twelve day swap I sent a bottle of open black paint flying ruining a few of the projects....broke my heart.

Christmas - coated my thumb in hot melted utee...burning it badly.
MOgoggingirl Offline
#148 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:39:44 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

My biggest craftastrophy was this past winter during a swap. I signed up to do an "X" cut and chose to do an Xmas tree from Trim the Tree. I needed to do 10 cuts and I couldn't get good clean cuts no matter what I did. I tried everything. I bought new blades, new mats, different paper, slower cutting speeds, faster cutting speeds, deeper blade depth, etc. It took me 3 weeks and at least 50 cuts to get 10 good cuts that I felt comfortable giving away. Angry RollEyes OhMyGod After that I sold that cartSmile

If I can remember, I am going to try and find some of those bad cuts, yes I kept some of them hoping I could salvage them, and post a picture.ThumpUp Wink

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:40:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MOgoggingirl attached the following image(s):
christmas disaster1.jpg
christmas disaster2.jpg
christmas disaster3.jpg
KelleyRooks Offline
#149 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:19:03 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

I saw this video on You Tube and this is sooooooooo me.....

http://www.youtube.com/w...;list=PL418C7B5C20A5D71D
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#150 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:14:59 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 102 post(s)
My biggest "mess" was we were supposed to cut 10 items from the Imagine. Well, it was a 2 step project and a little involved so it was very important you did exactly as the directions stated. After a billion tries, several ink cartridges and mats, I finally gave up. My sister was in the same swap and she volunteered to do mine. Well -- you guessed it, her machine started acting up and no matter what they did, the machine would not do the cut requested. The deadline was fast approaching and Provocraft said it was a defect in the machines and they would both have to be returned. Time was not in our favor. Needless to say, a miracle happened a we were able to get ahold of a machine and complete the swap. It was a close call but we even got them in on time.

Evelyn