Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<23456>»
Scraprageous Offline
#91 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:07:03 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
those dolls are wonderful! Lots of good ideas there. Thanks for the link.

Still no clue on decorating a card, so moving on and will come back to it BigGrin
RockinRobin1 Offline
#92 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:21:51 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scraprageous Go to Quoted Post
those dolls are wonderful! Lots of good ideas there. Thanks for the link.

Still no clue on decorating a card, so moving on and will come back to it BigGrin

Try splitcoaststampers.com They're my go-to for when I want to use a specific Stampin' Up! set or to just get ideas.
Scraprageous Offline
#93 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:42:03 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Thanks for the idea. Me and stamping have never gotten along too well, but I forgot about all the great ideas they have.

Anything beyond a stamped image that is any more complex than just heat embossed and I usually run Flapper LOL

RockinRobin1 Offline
#94 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:10:27 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Originally Posted by: Scraprageous Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the idea. Me and stamping have never gotten along too well, but I forgot about all the great ideas they have.

Anything beyond a stamped image that is any more complex than just heat embossed and I usually run Flapper LOL

I run from those that are more complicated (zig-zag)...it's easier to cut cardstock in half and put a few stamps and embellishments and be done.LOL LOL LOL
JeanP Offline
#95 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:27:31 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 840 time(s) in 690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RockinRobin1 Go to Quoted Post
I run from those that are more complicated (zig-zag)...it's easier to cut cardstock in half and put a few stamps and embellishments and be done.LOL LOL LOL

Now, now!!!! We need to go out of our comfort zone here. Splitcoasters has one called a cascade card which is similar to the zigzag one.

We know you can do it, RobinBigGrin

ScrappinGwen Offline
#96 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 4:30:22 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 659 time(s) in 538 post(s)
You tell 'em Jean!

and Robin...you are the one who sent me the links to a couple of the card choices! lol (last summer)
amylendall Offline
#97 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 4:44:56 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
got word today that new internet stuff is waiting for me at home when I get off work! so as long as everything hooks up right I will be able to use my computer to post! yay hate having to use my phone for internet not easy to use but it works for basics! hopefully I will be able to figure out what o want to make for my ss soon!
Scraprageous Offline
#98 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:47:56 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Rockin Robin - I look at those poor card blanks and it takes forever to come up with stuff to put on. ROFL - it is funny how different we all craft, but the results are always (well, almost) wonderful!

Amy - so glad you will have your computer stuff back up and running. I agree that checking sites without a regular computer is tough. Hope it is up and working great very soon.
amylendall Offline
#99 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:09:20 AM(UTC)
amylendall

yay finally everything is working at least on my computer now I just have to get 1 last computer set up with the new internet. the last computer is a bit of a pain I think mostly because it is a desktop that we have setup in the living room for DH to look at the classified ads online but it has a special thing to be able to connect to internet wirelessly so guess thats on my to do list for today!

I have added the new questions answered to my original post. if my ss has any specific questions for me please don't be affraid to ask. I really don't mind answering questions. anything to help you figure me out! LOL thanks Gwynne for understanding my situation and giving me the time to get the new questions answered.
JeanP Offline
#100 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:42:17 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

If you're having issues with pictures, this is posted in the Chat forum. Maybe it will help. I didn't know about the resizing!!!!!!

http://www.cricut.com/fo...TS----RED-X-is-GONE.aspx

I have narrowed down all the directives and know what I am going to do for each of them. Hopefully they all come out the way I want them to.

I actually have one item finished and LOVE how it came out. Pretty clever if I do say so myself(patting my back here)LOL LOL
RockinRobin1 Offline
#101 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:27:12 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Now, now!!!! We need to go out of our comfort zone here. Splitcoasters has one called a cascade card which is similar to the zigzag one.

We know you can do it, RobinBigGrin

Thank Jean. I do need to step out of my comfort zone more and these swaps really help.BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:28:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockinRobin1 Offline
#102 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:28:24 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
You tell 'em Jean!

and Robin...you are the one who sent me the links to a couple of the card choices! lol (last summer)

Blushing Blushing Blushing I totally forgot.Blushing Blushing Blushing
amylendall Offline
#103 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:37:37 PM(UTC)
amylendall

I saw this beautiful card and went to find a tutorial as to how to make it and just couldn't find one! so I am calling on my crafty sisters here to help me pick apart this card and help me figure out how to make it! any help would be greatly appreciated! it doesn't look all that hard but I have been known to be wrong a time or two! maybe you could help me figure out how to do this using my cricut for the middle instead of a punch!
amylendall attached the following image(s):
Only-White card.jpg
DeniseE Offline
#104 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:42:07 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 296 post(s)
I have everything all planned for the most part....just need to figure out a thing or two, other than that....yay

Denise
JeanP Offline
#105 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:09:30 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: amylendall Go to Quoted Post
I saw this beautiful card and went to find a tutorial as to how to make it and just couldn't find one! so I am calling on my crafty sisters here to help me pick apart this card and help me figure out how to make it! any help would be greatly appreciated! it doesn't look all that hard but I have been known to be wrong a time or two! maybe you could help me figure out how to do this using my cricut for the middle instead of a punch!

Well, it looks to me like it could have been cut out of fancy frames or a similar cartridge and then 2 pieces welded together to make the card itself. Then they used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder for the layer.

Not exactly sure but you can try it is CCR or DS and see if you can duplicate it.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:10:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scraprageous Offline
#106 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:10:47 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

I think there may be a square with some flourishes on the storybook cartridge, but can't remember. If so, weld the two pieces together.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#107 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:41:52 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Ali, your PM box is full

ScrappinGwen Offline
#108 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:45:22 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Amy, I'm pretty sure that is a metal die. I know for sure that the flourish underneath the butterflies is a metal die - and I think it's memory box brand.

It's just layers upon layers - nothing hard when you have all the dies to make the pieces.

You could do the same thing with a nestie square die that has decorative edge like that. I can probably send you similar pieces in the RAK I'll be mailing out this week to you.

But you just cut it out twice (front of card and back of card) and you then simply glue the top scroll work together to form it into a card. So instead of a fold, it's just that fancy edge glued together to keep the 2 pieces together.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:48:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockinRobin1 Offline
#109 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:47:59 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Amy, I think it's welded together as well. If you have Elegant Edges cartridge and Gypsy or DS you could weld two images together at the fold. Then just embellish.
Scraprageous Offline
#110 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:27:24 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Well, up to two of the seven spots are figured out. Ideas for the others, but not sure how to make them work, so will see BigGrin

Just glad two have two figured out so I can begin working
JeanP Offline
#111 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:10:02 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I have my 2 cards done(almost)BigGrin Both are cut out and covered with matching papers. Now all I have to do is embellish and add a sentiment.
I did a cascade card(similar to the zig zag) and then a trifold one. Both are challengingBigGrin

I ALMOST forgot they needed to be dots or spots though!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:11:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling of course. I know how to spell, my fingers don't!!!!!!

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#112 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 5:01:47 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Oh my, I am looking at all the posts on how you all are doing and I am still getting myself organized. I have read the swap a million times and broken it down to manageable pieces and trying to figure out how to incorporate things for my partner into it. Guess I will just go ahead and make up what I have ready and go for it. It's not like I am new to this. LOL. I am going to re-evaluate my progress over the weekend, then I know I'll be "caught up with the class". Have a great weekend.

Evelyn
CraftyOldBat Offline
#113 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 7:59:23 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 399 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EvelynRobinson2 Go to Quoted Post
Oh my, I am looking at all the posts on how you all are doing and I am still getting myself organized. I have read the swap a million times and broken it down to manageable pieces and trying to figure out how to incorporate things for my partner into it. Guess I will just go ahead and make up what I have ready and go for it. It's not like I am new to this. LOL. I am going to re-evaluate my progress over the weekend, then I know I'll be "caught up with the class". Have a great weekend.

Evelyn

If it makes you feel better I haven't even started yet.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#114 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:42:45 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I haven't started yet either, but I did just read down thru my SS's answers and started to formulate some ideas in my head! So I guess you could say that is a start, sort of! lol

No snow or rain or anything yet here! Must be we don't get anything until the backlash comes back around after pummeling the coast. Schools are getting out at noon though. But I will still have a couple little ones here til 5, so still not an early ending to the day for me.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#115 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 12:52:01 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 399 time(s) in 334 post(s)
It's been snowing for about 5 hours, there's not much accumulation yet, maybe an inch or two. The heaviest bands are supposed to be here by 7ish and pound all night; so much for staying ahead of the shoveling. They're still saying anywhere from 16"-30+" depending where it all lands. A driving ban has been imposed starting at 4 pm until the storm's over, to keep the roads clear for necessary vehicles. (Take that all you morons that don't need to be out - fines and up to a year in jail if you get stopped!)

I hope JeanP gets through the night okay, she's nearer the coast and they're likely to get some kick-ass wind gusts OhMyGod

I wish I felt like crafting; it'd be a perfect day for it.Sad

Edited by user Friday, February 08, 2013 12:53:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

amylendall Offline
#116 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 1:26:21 PM(UTC)
amylendall

I have a question to add to the list of questions for everyone to answer.
what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box?
this will be helpful if making a tissue box cover for your ss so you know what size box to get your dimensions from.

just starting to get the ideas rolling around in my head. going to print the directives and my ss answers then I can start writing down my ideas on paper as they come to me!

snow storm coming this way supposed to be here sometime this afternoon hoping before evening commute time then it is suppossed to snow through monday! yuck!! so tired of the snow! so hard to get out and do anything!
have a great weekend everyone!
JeanP Offline
#117 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 2:26:33 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
It's been snowing for about 5 hours, there's not much accumulation yet, maybe an inch or two. The heaviest bands are supposed to be here by 7ish and pound all night; so much for staying ahead of the shoveling. They're still saying anywhere from 16"-30+" depending where it all lands. A driving ban has been imposed starting at 4 pm until the storm's over, to keep the roads clear for necessary vehicles. (Take that all you morons that don't need to be out - fines and up to a year in jail if you get stopped!)

I hope JeanP gets through the night okay, she's nearer the coast and they're likely to get some kick-ass wind gusts OhMyGod

I wish I felt like crafting; it'd be a perfect day for it.Sad

Been snowing here since 8:30 this morning. Temp is right around freezing and we have about 6" so far. I live in the woods so it looks like a winter wonderland!!!! Heaviest snow is supposed to come after 9pm and overnight. It is a little windy but not too bad yet. The woodstove is going full blast, beef stew is on the stove and I have a glass of wine in my hand. Doesn't get much better than thatThumpUp

Sorry you don't feel like crafting. We know where you mind (and heart) is todaySmile

Edited by user Friday, February 08, 2013 2:28:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#118 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 6:46:45 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 257 post(s)
COB and Jean I hope the winds don't make to much of a fuss.. I have been watching the weather channel and it does not look good..

COB hope you get your crafty feeling back.. I will take your mind off of other things.

Jean sounds like you have the weekend all figured out. The food sounds really good.

we are only getting flurries so far and I hope it stays that way.

This is one time you all can be selfish and keep your snow.

I have not started on this one yet but hope to this weekend.

I love all the different cards on splitcoasters. I always go there when I want to get idea for even other things..

So Ladies get out of that comfort zone and take the plunge..

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#119 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 7:31:44 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Okay...here is my take on the white card AmyL was asking about a few posts above....

I couldn't do all white though...I had to add glimmer mist to the butterflies and leaves (vintage pink and turquoise)

But the card is lovely! So Amy...I must give you a big thank you for posting and asking about it! Was a great way to spend my evening - crafting it!

I will be making it again for either my mom and/or maybe in a swap!

well, I'll post it as soon as I figure out why my computer is not reading my camera....GRRR!

my picture won't upload to here....I get message saying network path not found.

I was going to blame it on this being the first time I've tried posting a picture since the maintenance last week....but then I remembered that I posted all those paperdoll pictures last Sunday. So can't be that reason. So what have I accidently changed on this new computer this week to do this to me? lol

Talk about frustrating!

Edited by user Friday, February 08, 2013 8:00:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

amylendall Offline
#120 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:21:47 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Okay...here is my take on the white card AmyL was asking about a few posts above....

I couldn't do all white though...I had to add glimmer mist to the butterflies and leaves (vintage pink and turquoise)

But the card is lovely! So Amy...I must give you a big thank you for posting and asking about it! Was a great way to spend my evening - crafting it!

I will be making it again for either my mom and/or maybe in a swap!

well, I'll post it as soon as I figure out why my computer is not reading my camera....GRRR!

my picture won't upload to here....I get message saying network path not found.

I was going to blame it on this being the first time I've tried posting a picture since the maintenance last week....but then I remembered that I posted all those paperdoll pictures last Sunday. So can't be that reason. So what have I accidently changed on this new computer this week to do this to me? lol

Talk about frustrating!

glad I could be such an inspiration! all I did is like a certain page on facebook and they post pictures of fun stuff like that all the time. sometimes there is a way to make it some times not. I have to agree with you and say I don't like it all white either I was thinking of adding color to at least the butterflies. in fact I was scrolling through facebook just a bit ago and found more really pretty cards! here is a link http://www.heartfeltcrea...s.us/blog.php?blogID=238 I am just in aww as to the work in these cards! I am wondering if I could possibly try making one of these they look so extravagant and alot of work and alot out of my comfort zone.