Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lisa say123 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:18:46 PM(UTC)
lisa say123

Groups: Registered

Hello All.
I am wondering how many people have had problems with their Cricut right out of the box? Is it unusual to get a "bum" machine? I have called support 3x. They say if this last fix doesn't work, I'll need to send it back.

Unfortunately, I have three different things I needed to use it for this week, which is why I bought it. Looks like nothing is going to get done now.

And why can't I just return it to Michael's? I could at least get a new one right away and hopefully get one that works this time. Support told me I would need to send it back and be sent another one. Geez...

Is there such a thing as the bigger Cricut (like the E2) with a keypad (like the regular Cricut)? That is what I would buy right now, if it existed.

I have a problem with the onscreen callibration. I press one item and the item next to it shows up on the mat. I have asked about this here on the forum with no responses.

Okay, I think I'm done ranting now. I look forward to joining you all with a working Cricut someday soon! LisaCursing
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:49:31 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I would think if you have a receipt, you should be able to return it to Michaels!
KelleyRooks Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:27:21 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Did you buy a regular Expression, create or baby bug? What you are asking for about size of an E2 with a regular key pad sounds just like the original expression expression.

lisa say123 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:40:28 PM(UTC)
lisa say123

I have an E2. I like the bigger size compared to a regular Cricut (what I think is a regular Cricut anyway). But I am not a fan of the touch screen right now. The keypad was so easy.
blondolphn Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:05:27 PM(UTC)
blondolphn

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5281 time(s) in 955 post(s)
The original expression still uses the key overlay as opposed to the digital screen. I'm not sure if stores still care the original, but I know you can find them on-line. Worth taking a gander?
lisa say123 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:40:27 AM(UTC)
lisa say123

As an update...
800 support tried everything they could think of. Still not callibrated. I returned it to Michaels and got one that actually works (yay and thank goodness). Thanks all.
balownc60467c8c Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:59:55 AM(UTC)
balownc60467c8c

oh, yes, i had a horrible experience with buying a Cricut, and after them having to send a new power cord, and then a new machine, 25 days later i got a new machine! very frustrating!Mad
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 9:13:41 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 800 time(s) in 450 post(s)
So glad you got this resolved, and quickly. There are no repairs available to electronic items any more, they just open them up and replace the memory boards (I think that's what they're called...those funny looking green things with the solder spots on them, and tiny electronic components).

I have three bugs, the original baby, the original E (well the WalMart colored ones that came out on Black Friday a few years ago) and the anniversary E2. No real problems with any of them, except I got the E2 second hand and didn't get the manual, which CS told me to download and print myself. 127 pages??? I'm not prining this myself at home!! You've got to be kidding!!

Again, glad you got a fix. We love our Cricuts!!

NGGG