Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ceci H Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:42:28 PM(UTC)
Ceci H

Groups: Registered

I am making a banner using the mickey and friend cartridge. I am having a difficult time matching up the sizes of each of the layers, I am in the process of making the mickey on page 58 but I can't get the face or gloves to match up. I am making each letter and image 8 inches. I have tried to match it up on my CE2 and CCR but it is not matches up. Any tips will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 5:00:53 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 421 post(s)
normally what I do using CCR is put the base and all related layers on my virtual mat (size doesnt' matter), putting them in close proximity to each other, then drag my mouse over all to make all pieces active, then use the bottom right adjuster handle to resize the whole group. That way all the parts resize in proportion to the base. Just eye the base and using the mat grid keep adjusting the group until the base image is the size that you want. If you need it to be exact, deactivate the group and click on the base to see what size you have it at. If you still need to adjust, be sure to drag over all parts before continuing to resize. After the base is the size that you want, then you can move the parts around on the mat to cut where you want respective of how your papers are layed out or cut and paste if your using mat layers. If you need to make the letters the same 8" repeat for that image and related shadows,etc.

The other way in ccr is to type your desired size in the default size box at the bottom of the image drawer before you put your base image on the mat and then again just start putting all your layers on the mat. They should already be the proportionate size to fit correctly. The actual image size may be slightly different and then you can do the same as above and adjust as necessary.

Either should work and make all pieces fit like correctly. One other note, make sure that Real "AA" is not clicked but rather relative dial size "Aa"

I hope this helps. I will check that image on my cart in ccr to see if there is a cartridge error. I have cut several different mickeys and never had the layers not fit.

hope this helps

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 4:17:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Ceci H on 2/10/2013(UTC)