Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

peggyp53b37115 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:22:45 PM(UTC)
peggyp53b37115

Groups: Registered

after cutting letters out I sent them through the Xyron and now have trouble with little pieces of glue. How do I get this off my card.
jmontagf7b450ef Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:28:50 PM(UTC)
jmontagf7b450ef

There is a great product by Therm O Web that removes excess adhesive like magic. I t is called Adhesive Pick-up and is a 2"x2" square of rubber that you move in one direction and it removes it.

It is available in craft stores or online and is under $2.
AuntieKLE Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 4:12:08 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Originally Posted by: peggyp53b37115 Go to Quoted Post
after cutting letters out I sent them through the Xyron and now have trouble with little pieces of glue. How do I get this off my card.

An MB member (sorry can't remember who) says that after she runs her cuts through her Xyron she traces the cut with a pen. That stops the glue boogers. Then she removes the plastic and uses her cuts.

HTH
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:40:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
I like to use a sandwich bag (you know, the ones that you buy 100 in a box or 50 in a box) and scrunch it up and dab at the image after I have placed it on the project. This will usually pick up the excess glue around the edges instantly. If it doesn't, then, I get a clean portion of the bag and lightly run around where there is excess glue to pill it up and pull it off the project.

You can also use saran wrap. I control where I'm laying it on the image, though, not allowing extra saran wrap going where I don't need it to go. I don't want to smear the glue around.

To my knowledge, you cannot get rid of glue that has already dried on your project. In certain areas, you can disguise your glue messes with another embellishment....you know, the domino effect (lol)....but, not always, or course.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:52:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified