Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Laryn419249b398 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:05:09 PM(UTC)
Laryn419249b398

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is there a way to make your layering images the same size automatically?

Also, its obvioulsy hard to make larger layers on the same mat with the create dont you think. Is there away to open a new mat in the same project? like when you open a new layer making a blank mat
 1 user thanked Laryn419249b398 for this useful post.
rosiec.hudson13b6eaf40 on 2/9/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:23:12 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8018 time(s) in 4681 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Laryn419249b398 Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to make your layering images the same size automatically?

YES. You can use the DEFAULT HEIGHT before you place your images on the mat and type in the size you want your images. If you're using REAL SIZE, they will come on the mat in that size. If you're using RELATIVE SIZE they will come on the mat in relation to the other images as designed in the cartridge.

Also, its obvioulsy hard to make larger layers on the same mat with the create dont you think. Is there away to open a new mat in the same project? like when you open a new layer making a blank mat

At the top, in CCR, you'll see a PLUS sign; click on that for a new mat layer. If you want to work on the mat layers at the same time, just make the eyes GREEN. If you want to work on only one layer, turn all green eyes off the layers you don't want to see and leave the green eye on, on the layer you want to work on.

I also like to work with OUTLINE, myself, rather than the flooded colors that come up automatically. To do that, use the drop down arrow on each tab and click on the white square with the red slash through it....and say, apply.

HTH.

Char
Laryn419249b398 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:41:20 PM(UTC)
Laryn419249b398

but wouldnt it make all the cuts at once? They wont all fit on the same mat. Can't I go back and forth between mats? Maybe I am not understanding. I would be nice to be able to do what you do while on the internet open a new page and go back and forth to look at them
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:55:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

but wouldnt it make all the cuts at once? They wont all fit on the same mat. Can't I go back and forth between mats? Maybe I am not understanding. I would be nice to be able to do what you do while on the internet open a new page and go back and forth to look at them

When you hit CUT (it doesn't matter if you have the green eyes on or off), you will see the side arrows at the bottom of the screen. After you get your cartridges inserted and before you hit CUT again, you can arrow over to the page you want to cut first.

You do have to watch for that page to turn to another page if you finish your cut and hit unload, though. Sometimes that mat changes back to default and when you hit CUT again, you don't necessarily notice it.....just be sure before you hit CUT the second time that it's on the page you're actually wanting to cut.

Char
Laryn419249b398 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 4:44:29 PM(UTC)
Laryn419249b398

I just dont get it. Every time I hit a new layer it puts the new image layer on top the others (although in a different color) is that what it is suppose to do?
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:14:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I just dont get it. Every time I hit a new layer it puts the new image layer on top the others (although in a different color) is that what it is suppose to do?

The first mat you start with is always on top.

If you want to SEE all the images with all the green eyes open (that will show every image on every mat layer you have used in your project) AND you change the COLOR tab (using the drop down arrow....and, I might have forgotten to tell you to click on COLOR) by clicking on the white square with the slash AND clicking on APPLY, you can see the outlines of all the images instead of the filled in colors.

By using outlines instead of filled in color, you can move the images around and see what they're going to look like on your finished project....well, kind of!

Now, if you just want to work with one mat layer, turn off the green eyes on the other mat layers. You can always open them when you need to check something out for your overall design.

Does this make sense? I can't work with colors; they hide behind each other. I don't know what good that is, really. I'm sure it's good for something (maybe it works for IMAGINE users), but to me, it's not worth anything when I'm trying to see what I'm doing in CCR.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:15:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

melodylanedesigns Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:58:03 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 925 post(s)
Here is a video that will show you what she is trying to tell you. It's easy to understand in a video.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/9/2013(UTC)
Laryn419249b398 Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:21:03 PM(UTC)
Laryn419249b398

Thank you so so much. I think I got it now!
Wow such helpful people. Thanks again!!