Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sakirschner70586503 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:37:34 PM(UTC)
sakirschner70586503

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I just recieved my cricut mini as a gift. I love it but I only used it the first day that I got it. So it is only a week old. I only cut 2 names out of a peice of scrapbook paper after I set it up. I did cover the mat back up with the clear cover peice when I was done. Now it's been a week and I want to cut a couple of letters but my mat isn't sticky enough to hold the paper I guess because it is moving all over the place and jamming. What a disappointment! I dodn't want to have to order a new mat! Anyone know how to get the stick back??? According to the directions I should have plenty of cuts before it gets unsticky. Thanks!Confused
troymimi75dc940a6f Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:57:12 PM(UTC)
troymimi75dc940a6f

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
If you go on youtube there are videos on different ways to make it sticky again. I don't have a mini but have the expression so I would think the mats are similar and it should have lasted longer than that.

I do know some people who swear by using a mixture of Aleene's Tack-It-Over and over glue mixed with water and they "paint" it onto the mat. I have yet to try this so don't know first hand how it works.

Hope this helps. :)

Michelle
swatts66 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:09:15 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1059 time(s) in 579 post(s)
I don't bother trying to re-sticky the mats. I do stretch out the usage on them when they stop holding the paper by using some of the blue painters tape. I just use a couple of small pieces of blue tape right on the edge of the paper. It peels off easily and it can be reused several times.

If your mat is nearly brand new you might try washing it under hot water. I also use baby wipes and wipe my mats at the end of my crafting session. Let them dry before you put the clear cover back on. You should have gotten more use out of the mat than you got. You may have gotten a bum one. You might call customer service and see if they'll send you another one.......
swatts66 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:10:22 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1059 time(s) in 579 post(s)
Oh, and you can use either end of the mat. If you only used one end last week the other end should be sticky.....
Godot's Girl Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 11:11:13 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 3029 time(s) in 1821 post(s)
If you just got your machine, do not try to "re-sticky" the mat by putting anything on it. That will void your warranty. You should call customer service and ask them to replace your mat. ProvoCraft came out with new mats with Cricut written across them in green that are much better and hold their stick. In the mean time, some people have had success at bringing back the stick on the old mats by activating them. To do this, you scrub them under hot water with a nylon scrubbie than let them air dry. Hope that helps. GG