Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6263646566>»
rm920 Offline
#1891 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 6:03:44 AM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good morning all..

I did go to the basketball games last night and we can home with 2 wins! Good games.

Pat, thanks for the link on the flip flaps. I had not heard of them but there have been several times that would have been just what I needed. Glad you have the tea themed cards under control. Stay warm this weekend! Hope Jim's family is able to easily weather the snow storm this weekend.

Carrie, glad to hear you have handled the drama and moved on. Were you able to make progress on Rome?

Paula, glad the dr. appt. went well. And your oven is repaired! Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?

Lizzy, Laurie, Nancy, hope all of you are doing great.

Today is Cody's birthday so I am trying to get the kids together and out to dinner some time this weekend, but finding a time everyone is available is proving frustrating. Everyone is so busy!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1892 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 6:31:27 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies!

I am going to a card camp this morning with Deb and a friend of hers that is visiting from across the state.
It looks like the inch of slush that was on the driveway when I went to bed froze. There is a dusting of snow on it so it's hard to tell. Our themometer says 32*
I only have just over a mile to go so I think I it will be fine.

Pat, thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen the 6 x 12 ones being used like that, I like it!
I hope you guys don't get blasted too bad with that storm.
I see that my SIL is right in the heart of the mess.

The oven was a quick fix, he replaced the element. The hard part was getting to the fuse box and figuring out which on needed to be turned off. Crying

Thanks for chatting with me Carrie. I will gather info and probably make an appt. with the Dr. in GR to get my options.

Lizzy, Laurie, Nancy, where are you guys??
imnchghere Offline
#1893 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:56:51 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. I think these storms are going to pretty well miss us. It is going to be a mess when the one going up the coast meets with the one coming across from the west though, but by then it will be well above us. I've been following family on FB.
I too, like the idea of the flip flaps for pages and am anxious to get my hands on some and get more ideas for them from my CTMH friend.

This weekend has to be spent wrapping up society stuff. I thought maybe we could get family together, but it is hard when the weather is cold and the kids have to be inside. I probably don't have more than an hour's work, but it is just a matter of sitting down and doing it and not being interrupted.

Rhonda, I hope you can figure out a plan to get everyone together for Cody's birthday. Glad the games were good ones. What else will you be working on this weekend? I have been thinking about all my recent research finds and what I can do to follow up on some of them to maybe learn more.

Paula, have fun at the stamp camp. I was looking at the card class that A's is offering and thought I would like to do it, but the closest ones are in NC & OH. I might try to make a few of them on my own, but of course I don't have the punches or stamps they use.

Hope the week has gone well for Laurie, Lizzy and Nancy.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1894 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:07:34 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning!! :)

Went to bed early last night so...woke up early today.

Yesterday I enjoyed cardmaking in the morning. We made some nice cards.
Then I met up with a lady to buy her Miche purse with 5 covers. :)
Stopped at Aldis and came home for a late lunch.
Then yesterday afternoon my sister, Cathy and I went to South Bend to get a wedding gift.
We checked out a few furniture stores too.
Since we were going to be there I arranged a meeting with a girl that was selling a bunch of Lia Sophia jewelry. So here we are...in the freezing cold wind...looking at jewelry out of the her trunk in a gas station parking lot..hahaha. I got some things I like at a really good price. I guess she used to sell it and this is stuff she had left.

So that was my night. We did grab a quick supper at Chick-Filet. Yum!

Right now it is 15* and I have to get ready to go downtown to the Ice Festival. I am the Travel Companion for the girls for it. They will walk around handing out flyers about what is going on downtown this weekend and greet people and the carvers. We will be outside for 4 hours!! We will have to grab some hot cocoa at some point!!
The sole was flopping off my boot so DH glued it this morning. I sure hope it holds!!

He headed out already to look at some houses that someone wants to donate to the church. I am not liking this much as they are in the bad area of BH. When he asked the owner for keys the guy said it wasn't locked. What???!! Two empty houses in a really bad area not locked. Who knows what's in there. Swatters...meth lab??? ugh!! A friend of ours is a policeman and is on duty now so he told DH to call him when he was headed over. Sure hope he is there when DH arrives. (another guy is meeting him there too)

Tonight after church Boomerlife (a adult group..boomers...get it?) is having a chili/soup night so we are going to that too. whew!! I am ready for a nap, haha.

Pat, are you staying away from that bad weather?
Did you get on the bike?

Well....don't know what else to say since I have NO one to talk to here.

blah...blah...blah...

guess I am done.
imnchghere Offline
#1895 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:41:55 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning Paula.. wow you are moving this morning and all day for that matter. I don't like cold weather, so I am staying inside. It is blustery here, but we got NOTHING from this storm. I am seeing pictures that family in CT are posting on FB.

I have a long list of things to get done today. I've done one so far and part of another. I just made a bowl of oatmeal, and I am going to just keep working on the list while I eat. Hope to have everything done by lunchtime and then I am going to work some more on my page kits. Maybe I can even get more pictures printed today.

lizzyea Offline
#1896 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 11:10:19 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends and happy Saturday to everyone! It was a busy, busy week (again). We finished our big unit, though, and all that is left is my scoring the tests (a big task). Now, back to regular curriculum.

It is very cold (for us) here. At 10:00 a.m. it is still only 40*. Yesterday, it rained and we had thunderstorms which are very rare for us. I had to calm down the students and explain what caused the thunder.

I am not a happy camper as I have another cold, thanks to my students, who go home one day with a fever and return the next. There is no following the rule of "24-hours of being fever-free" before returning to school. Thankfully, I am getting good sleep at night.

Sarah has reserved her venue for her wedding and I am moving forward with plans for the reception. I hit a snag right away, but fortunately the concierge at the hotel may have saved me. She is planning on the MGM Grand Hotel for an 11:30 wedding on Saturday, April 20. We wanted to have the luncheon reception at 1:30 allowing time for the vows, photos, etc. The concierge guided me to a Wolfgang Puck restaurant which is in the MGM Grand, but is not owned by them. They can accommodate us, but I'm having a bit of trouble reading the menu and actually liking it...but I think I can deal with it. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it's better than everyone having to leave the hotel and go elsewhere. Of course, another option is to have the reception in the evening. So, I will talk to Sarah later today and we can bounce those two ideas around. If we have it in the evening, we can use one of the MGM restaurants and have more of exactly what we want.

Otherwise, things are going just fine here. Terry is working, happily, on all sorts of stuff. I brought home lots of stuff, but the main thing is planning my lessons for the week (I usually do it on Monday night) since we have a Monday holiday; and doing as much on my report cards as is humanly possible. I cannot remember the exact date they are due, but I am going to Houston next weekend, and I sure don't want to have to work on them then.

Paula, I can only agree with what others have said that I'm so glad you can weigh all the option for your surgery without the threat of cancer looming over you. I'm also glad you got the stove problem resolved! Enjoy your stamping event today, too!

Rhonda, I hope you got something worked out for Cody for his birthday celebration this weekend. Sometimes, you just have to go with what will work for the most people.

Pat, I hope your relatives in the NE are fine after the storm passes.

Carrie, it sounds like the resolution to the old secretary was handled fine and with the least amount of drama and you can all move on. Good luck with your scrapping of Rome.

Nancy...where are you?

Laurie...update us on your life!

Well, I'm going to go and have my breakfast. I'm doing well with my diet. I've lost about 10 pounds so far and feeling great. I'll check back later today, I hope.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1897 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:34:45 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Pictures from today. We had a great time. Of all the days for it to be sunny, it was today. Nice for us...not so nice for the ice sculptures. It was cold though.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1898 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:45:44 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Well...they won't post, I will try again tomorrow.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1899 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 11:01:35 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Pat, I am glad you aren't getting the storm!! Hope your day was as productive as you were wanting.

Lizzy, you have been busy!!
Glad the plans are coming along for the wedding. I think the MGM Grand was where we stayed, although that was back in the 80's.
It seems so strange that the kids don't really know about thunder. It storms here so much it's hard to imagine that it's not normal.
Sorry you got another cold, ugh!!
10 lbs!!!?? Wow girl, that is great...what are you doing?? I really need to get serious about dumping my plump!! Blushing
What are you going to do in Houston? Is this a wedding planning/preparing trip? What a fun time for you guys!!

OK, off to bed, I will try the pics tomorrow, I really don't know why they are not posting.
rm920 Offline
#1900 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:22:54 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Paula, sorry the pics wouldn't post. Would love to see pics of the ice sculptures. They can be so beautiful. Hope you were able to stay warm yesterday.

Lizzy, sounds like the wedding plans are coming together. Congrats on the weight loss! Awesome my friend. I need to get back on that band wagon. Glad you are staying ahead of the planning game. It sure makes each day less stressful. I stayed at the MGM several years ago when I had a conference out there. I know it will make a great wedding venue.

Pat, how did you do on your long list of things to do? Did you get your pictures printed? Glad you missed the big snow fall totals. The pictures of all that snow are awesome but wouldn't be fun to have to clear away!

Laurie, Carrie & Nancy - what are you ladies up to?

Yesterday, I started out at a Boy Scout pancake feed with friends. The the afternoon was spent at the Hornets double header. Both teams won again! Hope this trend continues. Didn't do much of anything last night. Today is cleaning, laundry and paperwork. Or maybe take a break from paperwork and do some crafting! But what ever - I need to get busy!

Hope everyone has a great day.

imnchghere Offline
#1901 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:15:44 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning ... nice and sunny here this morning, and finally no wind. Family in CT & MA are all fine. Not sure if they all have power, but some have generators anyway. Now I am keeping an eye on Orko, but I think it will bring us mostly just rain with maybe a few snow snow showers through the week.
Lizzy, sorry about the cold/germs. I guess that is one of the downsides of teaching. Glad that the wedding plans are starting to come together. I think menus are the toughest decisions to make. Sounds like you are also staying on top of the school stuff.
Paula, I remember you posting pictures one year of the ice sculptures. They do those at the National Harbor (where y'all stayed).
Rhonda, sounds like you had a good day with friends and winning games. I got everything done on my list except one, which I figured out this morning. It is a two part query that needs to go in the quarterly newsletter. I think I avoided it, because I didn't want to confuse people.

Well, I have been typing this for a while and I need to figure out the rest of the day. I have to go to Target and Staples (next door to each other) and then we are going to Stephanie's to help move a piece of furniture and I also need to put the Zumba pics on her computer.

Hope everyone has a good day, stays warm and is productive.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1902 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:25:23 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

File Attachment(s):
ice festival feb 2013 001.JPG (2,106kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
ice festival feb 2013 141.JPG (2,309kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
ice festival feb 2013 148.JPG (2,265kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1903 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:35:23 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

I really didn't get pics of the larger ones because they weren't done when we were walking through. My friend did though and I will try to post her post. Hope it works. I guess two of the larger ones crashed before they were finished, bummer.

https://www.facebook.com...otif_t=photo_album_reply

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:36:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1904 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:44:31 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hey ladies, remember our light house????

https://www.facebook.com...tif_t=photo_album_reply#!/photo.php?fbid=10200636558500930&set=a.10200636531220248.2202500.1369194140&type=3&theater

I thought this would take you right to the pic but it doesn't. If you go pass the ice festival pics there are some of the light house covered in ice.

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:58:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Flee57 Offline
#1905 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:53:02 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

I am alive.

I have read everything I missed, which was a lot so I prob won't remember it all.

But Lizzy!!!! 10 lbs is awesome! Glad you see the light at the end of the tunnel

Paula, I can't open any of those pics. Are they on your FB page?

Pat, I loved the Zumba videos! Loved the 2nd one with Gangman Style. I was going to incorporate that into my zumba classes. I'm so glad the turnout was great!

Carrie, sorry about the receptionist taking the password book. We thought the manager before me at Curves took theirs but I searched for it and found it in the closet. That was good because my "owner" didn't have a clue what any of the passwords were.

Rhonda I remember reading that you went to your craft room. Hope you made some pretty things.

Nancy, you are AWOL like me. Hope all is well with you.

Ok, my reason for being AWOL is because I have been deep cleaning and purging and painting. We are trying to get the house ready to put on the market in March. D and I are planning to move to Orlando, or the surrounding area. Possibly even Tampa. He best friend from HS lives there. I have decided that I don't want to live in cold, drab IN anymore. There's really nothing here for us. We hate living in the middle of nowhere. I want warmth and sunshine. D has always wanted to move to FL and he's been a tough cookie to crack on this. He's stressed and scared but I'm thinking this is the perfect time for a move. I'm painting my little bathroom first so I can see if I can paint LOL. My Sister will come down and help because she is a semi professional when it comes to painting. I think I called her 6 times yesterday with questions. I will finish the bathroom today. I'm painting both bathrooms and the master bedroom in the same color. It's called weathered oak. It's a light brown with gray tones in it. I like it. Hopefully prospective buyers will too. My craft room is currently 12x24 and I am going to have to fit it into a regular sized bedroom so I am really purging in there. Even though I have purged through my 12x12 pattern paper many times, I still about cut it in 1/2...really looking at it and deciding if I'll ever use it. Most of ty embellishments will go into a grab bag that I will put on a local FB yard sale page or craigs list. I plan on really looking at my stamps and getting rid of ones I probably bought just cause they were 50% off...one's I'll never use. I will def keep my Cricut and Bug but will seriously thing about other tools I have and don't use much.

So anyway, I will be quite busy in the next few weeks. Some of the work will have to be done by others...like fixing the bathroom floor. We are also getting rid of the carpen in LR and hall and putting down Pergo flooring in the kit,lr and hall and recarpeting the bedrooms (maybe). I think with the openess of our lr and kit, it would look better if the floors were the same. I will pop in each day to keep up

Later!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1906 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:00:00 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Hello!

Paula sorry they haven't figured out the photos yet. They haven't been opening any where on here. But the upside is, I came here a didn't have to log in again. I was already logged in. Yippeeeee! I hate having to wait and wait for the log in to work and sometimes it doesn't. Sometime soon we will all be able to see the ice sculptures. Sounds like you had a terrific day.

Lizzy sorry about your cold. I've been taking Vitamin C and drinking Echinacea tea and haven't gotten Jim's or Jen's cold. Knock, knock! The wedding is going to be fabu no matter where or what. We stayed at Mandalay Bay. Taylor Swift was in concert there at the time too. I think that you could do dinner just about anywhere in walking distance and it would all work out alright.

Rhonda pancakes and basketball sound like a good day. The wins must have been the syrup. Hope you found some things to have busy fun with today.

Pat good thing that storm missed you. What a mess it is! I haven't heard of Orko but then then the tv has been taken over by college basketball this weekend.

Laurie I am so jealous of your move south. Hope you get things done quickly.

Well Rome is going steadily along. I have 3 layouts done and 2 more laid out ready to be glued, I think. Going to Zumba here shortly. Need to decide whether I am watching Downton Abbey or the Grammys tonight. Jim has a tennis match so I get to pick what I want. I have to admit it will be interesting to see who breaks the dress code.
lizzyea Offline
#1907 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:01:42 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! I have been working on and off all weekend on school stuff. I'm working on my lessons plans right now which I plan to finish tonight, then work on report cards tomorrow. Yesterday, we went to see the movie, "____," which I thought was very good. It hit home for me...having struggled with depression most of my life which is nothing like bi-polar disorder, but certainly I understood the man's difficulties with the world.

At any rate, the rest of the time, we've been laying low and working. Of course, I'm working on and off with venues about this reception. We have two options at the MGM Grand: Wolfgang Puck and Emeril's plus all sorts of venues outside of the hotel. She has gone back to wanting something soon after the ceremony and the hotel cannot provide that. So, we are going to a restaurant that is not actually owned by the hotel but is in the hotel or is not in the hotel. I've heard from the two at the hotel and am waiting to hear from two more that are nearby. I have one more in my back pocket, but if we were to go there, we would have to get the services of a limo service, and that is a big additional cost. So.......

I need to get back to Wolfgang Puck and see if they have a special menu for private parties as she had just sent me their general lunch menu for the present time. It looked OK, but nothing spectacular.

Anyway, decisions, decisions, decisions...!

Laurie, I am impressed with your painting and redoing of the house. I'm glad Kris is coming down to check things out and give you some help, too! That will be great for you. You definitely want to get someone in there to redo that bathroom floor because they might have to crawl under the house. (YUCK!)

I don't know when we will start on our house....we need to get it started soon. I want the Property Brothers to come here and help us out!

Paula, I didn't get to see your ice sculptures either. If you have some photos somewhere, let us know, please! It is bitter cold there?

Rhonda, were you able to get together for a lunch/dinner for Cody?

Pat, anything cooking with you?

I am so looking forward to having time for myself....maybe in April? I'm not sure....I'm hopeful, though.

Well, back to the books. TTYL.
rm920 Offline
#1908 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 5:59:34 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Lizzy, you are busy on many fronts! I know the wedding plans will come together but I agree, there are so many choices. Glad you are keeping up with the lessons planning - it makes the week go so much smoother. Enjoy your extra day today.

Laurie, I like the color you have chosen for the baths and bedroom. And the pergo floors will really make the house shine. Hope you can get everything done. When are you looking to relocate? Such a lot of changes ahead for you.

Paula, I was able to see the pics you loaded but not the fb pages. I liked the sculpture I did see. A beautiful group of girls.

Pat, hope the next storm doesn't hit your area. You were lucky with the last storm. Those are some big snow totals in some of the areas.

Carrie, I hope you can get Rome finished before your next trip! Don't want you getting the trips mixed upLaugh

I did get with Cody and Drew and we went to lunch yesterday. They are getting so excited about the baby. They painted her room this weekend and are ready to set up the crib etc. Lots of changes ahead for them.

Nothing else exciting here.
Nancycs Offline
#1909 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:43:37 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Sorry about being MIA again.

RHonda so glad you were able to find time for lunch this weekend.

Lizzy WOO HOO on your weight loss! I hope you figure out the right place for the reception. I would think that restaurants would have special menus for groups. I think it would make it easier for them to do so.

Carrie you are moving along on your Rome LO's. I know you have soooo many pictures. How many books do you think you will use? Have you got it knocked down to one?

Laurie WOW big changes for you! I think fresh paint and flooring makes a huge difference in selling a home. A lot of people don't want to do that cosmetic work when they move in and I think you can get a better price too.

Paula I was abel to look at your pictures yesterday. I wasn't even logged in. I loved the shoe. I haven't checked Facebook though. Are there a lot of sculptures though out the town? It looked like they were in front of the stores.

Pat how nice to get almost everything done on your list! Of course if it is like my list I am always adding things so it starts all over again.

I have been getting the Flylady emails and that has been helping me get motivated to purge more and get rid of more things that I was having troubles with before. It also reminds me I can just do 15 minutes at a time. That is helping get things done more quickly too because it is getting done rather than being too overwhelming and not getting done at all. I have been working on my basement and my cupboards.

That purging is all I have been busy with but I will need to get moving on other things soon. I need to finish up my taxes, and go through all my business files to make sure they are all up to date before the licensor comes. I don't know when that is yet. I imagine it will be at the beginning of March though.

Have a great day everyone!
Flee57 Offline
#1910 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:17:23 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning from windy and balmy Indiana! It's 50* already. Mid 50's with sunshine today. I can deal with that!

Nancy, I did flylady some time ago. Maybe I should again what with all the purging I want to do. I need to get rid of stuff I just HAD TO HAVE but never use...especially small kitchen appliances. And I have lots of it! Thanks for reminding me about her!

Pat, hope Orko doesn't affect you. How funny they are naming winter storms. They had fun with Nemo. I've seen lots of Nemo snowfishes and funnies about Nemo. Today I saw lots of pics of dogs out in the snow. Some looked like they were having fun LOL

Carrie, I am excited about moving south. I know it has months where it's extremely hot and humid but since I've taken all this weight off, I handle it much better. Sadie will have to adjust but we'll just keep her hair short during the really hot months. She's a homebody anyway. but I can take her to the beach to cool off! I think I'm mostly excited about being in the city! I live out here in the boonies but I'm a city girl at heart!

Rhonda, I'm glad you got to go to lunch with Cory and Drew. We are looking to relocate in Orlando (or a sub of Orlando) or Tampa. I like the idea of Tampa because it's closer to the ocean but I love the idea of Orlando because it's a big city! I agree about the fresh paint and Pergo flooring helping to boost the price a bit. We don't have a lot of "nice" stuff in our house so I think that will help a lot.

Lizzy, wouldn't it be funny if after all this time we end up in the same state, withing hours or less of each other? Hope you got alll your lesson plans completed and that you have a great week.

Paula, still haven't seen the ice sculptures. Really want to see the lighthouse. Is there anywhere else I can check them out?

I am liking the paint color too. I might get a black and white shower curtain just so it looks good for showings. This will be the same color in the Master where the twin bed is now. I have a black and white comforter with gray bedskirt. I think that will look nice in there. I will accent with some yellow pillows and accessories. The master bath is bigger but just has a toilet and sink. Don't know how I'll jazz that one up. I will make sure anything we buy will be things we can use once we move. Maybe I should put our bed back in the master bedroom. We need new bedding anyway (we just use sheets and blankets. I never replaced my old one because Sadie sleeps with us). There is a gray, white and yellow bed set at Kohls that I really like and it would look nice in there and those are the colors I want when we move anyway. We are getting rid of as much as we can so we don't need too big of a moving truck. Our furniture is old anyway. Will keep the twin mattress because that's only a few years old but we will get rid of our queen mattress and get a new and comfy one once we get there. So much to think about LOL

Well I just need to put a 2nd coat behind the sink and toilet and then I'm done with the bathroom and on to the next!

Later!

lizzyea Offline
#1911 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 3:28:06 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...happy Monday! I have the day off which is really nice. I slept in a bit...then read and dozed while Terry had some important phone calls. Now, I'm paying bills and getting ready to work on report cards. I do need to go to the weight loss clinic this afternoon, though, which require me getting dressed. Aargh!

The sun is out, but it's still chilly (for us).

Laurie, your work is looking and sounding good. Yes, I would definitely move the queen bed back into the master bedroom. And then, put the single bed into one of the smaller bedrooms. I know it's a ton of work, but it will likely pay off. I guess, too, you should go ahead and buy the linens for the bedrooms and baths so they show well, too.

Rhonda, I'm glad you got out to celebrate Cody's birthday. And, I'm glad they are excited about the baby!

Nancy, you are a busy lady. I remember Fly Lady! I still do a few of her things...like clean my kitchen sink and do things in 20 minute increments. However, I haven't done much around here in ages - not since the winter holiday break.

We now are in contact with two restaurants that are based in the MGM Grand, but are not part of their actual hotel. One is Wolfgang Puck's and the other is Emeril Lagasse's. Both have good food and are willing to work with us. I've already heard back from Wolfgang Puck's about them providing a wedding cake so really, if Sarah likes their cakes, I'm inclined to go with them. They are a bit less expensive than Emeril plus Emeril's food is cajun, so it's spicy, which may not be good for everyone. However, no matter, either one will be just fine. I'm now just waiting for the OK from Sarah!

Well, I'd better get moving here and get on to my other chores! Everyone take care. I'll try to check in later, hopefully with a good report of much progress made.
Flee57 Offline
#1912 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:24:16 PM(UTC)
Flee57

WooHoo!

Sold some scrapbook stuff and made $100!

good day!!

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#1913 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:03:20 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning. I started a post yesterday and had to dump it. Jim came home early and we ran a few errands and had a quick dinner at a place similar to Panera called Corner Bakery. Not sure if they are all over. Anyway, I needed to get a a Wii game for youngest dgd's birthday and a box of envelopes for the society. That was the Target/Staples trip I didn't make the other day. I
Nancy and Laurie it was good to hear from both of you. A few years ago I did Flyladady. I even got her book. There are things I still follow like the 15 minutes and now and then the "zone cleaning". I will say my sink is always empty each night, but I don't do the shining. My counters are my worst offenders and I don't have very much counter space. Eventually if/when we get to the remodel, I will have more and maybe other places for things that are currently on them.
Lizzy, I hope you can get the restaurant/reception plans worked out. And sorry about the cold. Yea!! though on the 10#. I have been at a plateau for a couple weeks. I know I need to either get on the bike or get out and walk. It is just doing it.
Laurie, exciting times for you with moving and getting the house ready to sell. We lived just above Tampa in New Port Richey for 3 yrs. We could walk to the beach, but it was easier to drive. Great you were able to sell some craft supplies. Hopefully you can find homes for more as you keep purging. That is another thing I need to get back to. I still have a few tubs of holiday things to finish going through. Pretty sure most of it will just be hauled off, but I want to consolidate them if I can.

Today I would like to work on page kits for the crop, but I have a headstone request from find a grave that I might take care of first, since it is going to be decent weather. We have rain coming tomorrow.

So with all that said, I am going to post this and get moving.

Nancycs Offline
#1914 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:18:28 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!!

Laurie that is super that you were able to make a little money as you purge your scrapping stuff! I agree with Lizzy about moving the beds around. You don't want a big bed in a smaller room. You want the rooms to look as spacious as possible. I have also heard of people moving much of there stuff to a storage shed while it is on the market to make it seem bigger and not so cluttered with stuff. Not everyone has that much stuff though.

Lizzy that is good that you are getting the wedding plans nailed down. I am sure you had said, but when is the wedding? Was it April?

Pat I have the flylady book too. I pulled it out as well. I am not really good about the sink. It doesn't help that the boys stay up later than me and I will find dishes in there in the morning. My worst offender is my kitchen counter as well. It is definitely my hotspot! I hope you find your grave quickly so you can work on your page kits!

WHat is everyone else up to today?

I am fighting a cold so I am fighting with myself as to doing a little purging later or to just take it easy with the hopes of getting better quickly. I just know I have a lot to do be ready for the licensor. That was my motivating factor on getting it done quickly. I don't have to get it done for licensing, it was just a goal. After all she doesn't go into cupboards or anything.BigGrin

I hope everyone has a great day!

rm920 Offline
#1915 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:08:28 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Nancy, hope you are getting rid of that cold. Not fun. How are the little ones? Have you had enough snow for the them to play outside in the snow?

Laurie, how is the house re-do coming along? Do you have a time line for your move to FL?

Lizzy, is this the weekend you are heading to see DD? Hopefully you can get a lot of the wedding details settled so the final plans can be made. When is your next break?

Pat, what have you been working on? Have you been able to follow up on the new find?

Paula, how are things in your area? Are you crafting with Deb today?

Carrie, hope things are quiet for you and no drama! Did you get Rome finished?

Not much happening here. I have been working on taxes. Last night I went to the Historical Society meeting. They have purchased a new building for the museum and were discussing how the move would be handled and trying to get ideas for new displays now that they have so much more room. We all signed up to help pack up and move all the artifacts. Going to be a big project!

Tonight I will be working on taxes again and listening to the Hornets.

Hope everyone has a great day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1916 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:03:00 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

I looked for other sites that might have the ice carving pics but haven't found anything yet. The ones I posted were from someones FB page so maybe you can't see them if you're not her friend.

Yes Rhonda, we are crafting today. Deb is having surgery on her foot or calf Friday so it may be our last chance to craft here for a while.
It does sound like a big project for the H.S. I think it would be fun to be part of it though. How nice that everyone signed up. Are these people you already knew or new friends?

Monday and Tue. were full days, today I just get to craft. hmmm...I should have a plan for dinner though.

Wow Laurie!! That is a big decision!! It sounds like it has been in the back of your minds though so that would make it easier. Exciting times!! :) What project are you working on now??

Carrie, what are you up to?? My friend dropped off the Downton Abby DVDs and I am on episode 7 already. I did not know it was so...well you know. I am enjoying it!

Nancy, I hope you were able to head that cold off. They can really slow you down!! When does the licensor come?

Pat, did you end up looking for the headstone? or did you opt for the page kits?

Lizzy, you are probably spinning with work and getting out of town. It's nice that you can have some face to face time with DD with all you guys have to plan.

I have to run and finish getting ready for Deb. We are going out to lunch today so I don't have to take care of that at least! :)

imnchghere Offline
#1917 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:47:24 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning. Dreary and overcast here, so I am staying in today. I was going to go do a few more headstone requests, but tomorrow will be better as it will be sunny. I did the one yesterday, then came home and worked on page kits.
Plan is to work on a few personal cards and continue the page kits. I am not doing so well on getting the kits together. Crying I think it is partly because I am also trying to get cfs packed to ship this weekend, so the box I am filling is on my work table and in my way.

Rhonda, I do continue to work on Harold. Thanks to Ancestry.com, I got a link to his headstone on find a grave. I printed the picture. That was a total shock, but super exciting. I do need to request his obituary still (through one of my mb's) and I think I will go ahead and request his death cert from San Diego. Not sure how long it will take. In the past, I have always requested them in person.

Paula, have fun scrapping with Deb today. Hope her surgery goes well on Fri. Sounds like she will be out of commission for a while?? I need to come up with a dinner plan also, but I have ground turkey thawed, so I think I will do some patties and a salad.

Laurie, how is it going with the purging?
Hello, Nancy, Lizzy and Carrie.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1918 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:23:34 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Hello!

I have had nothing but trouble with this site and CCR lately. Ugh! So Rome is on the back burner until tomorrow. I have book club tonight and need to finish the book, not that I want to. Ha ha!

Paula so glad you are enjoying Downton Abbey. Hope Deb's surgery goes smoothly and she has an easy recovery.

Pat you have too many irons in the fire. No wonder you are having a hard time of it. Good luck in obtaining Harold's death certificat.

Rhonda things are too quiet here. Sounds like you will be busy with the Historical Society's rebuild. It actually sounds like fun.

Nancy hope you are feeling better. I find everything gets put onto the kitchen counters. I have a lot of them and they are always covered in stuff. I really don't know how to train people to find another place to put things.

Laurie congrats on your sale.

Lizzy sounds like you have control of wedding. Are you going to utilize your Bug for wedding decorations, invitations, or party favors?

Well I best get reading. Have a wonderful day!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1919 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:42:17 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

I should be at my Thur. house but I slept late and have a 3:00 hair appt. so I may not go..hmm... (they are out of town until the 25th so I just need to go before then)

HEY! Have you guys seen this??
http://dianagibbs.typepa...i/2008/06/lets-fork.html
Nancycs Offline
#1920 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:57:11 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Paula I have never seen the fork bow. It is just a perfect little bow. I wonder how flat it lays. It looks a little bulky on the back. It is something to try. Did you go to your Thursday house?

Carrie did you get your book finished before book club? I hope you enjoyed it.

Laurie I just sold $70 worth of crafting stuff on craig's list this week. Some of it was paper stacks I didn't use anymore. I had a couple of responses right away. They said it was a great deal. I should have asked a little more!! LOL

Rhonda I bet you will be glad when tax time is over. Is that all done with your old job now?

Pat did you get out to do the other headstone requests today?

Well I made last minute Valentine's for my family. I was not on top of it this year. At least I got it done.

I am still fighting my cold but I don't feel horrible with it. It is just a nuisance with the cough and scratchy throat.

We are grilling steaks tonight for dinner. We will have salad and fresh pineapple. I am wondering if I should make my parmesan garlic pasta too. We will see what the guys think.

I hope everyone has a lovely evening!