Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<2627282930>»
joyfullycrafting Offline
#811 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:57:41 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
I opened the boards on Firefox, and I can see the pictures! Hmmmmm. But still grumbling.

Laura, those invitations are beautiful! How many are you making?

Nancy, that is a BUNCH of snow!

Sharon, I saw your house pics on Facebook. Lovely!!!

I edited this because I can't proof-read very well. Flapper

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:58:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Larmabee Offline
#812 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:14:33 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
The order is for 175 invites plus response cards. It will definately keep me busy for a few days!! I'm not sure what the bridesmaid dresses are like. I am guessing they will be purple too.
DH and I have decided that we are going to use my creative abilities to help with our house fund. We just aren't able to save money fast enough with our jobs. So, he is going to help me get the crafty stuff up and running. It feels good to know he believes in my ability. Kind of really excited, not to have to hide all my little craft jobs BigGrin
Laura
 1 user thanked Larmabee for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 2/10/2013(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#813 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:06:22 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Finally made it back from Troy's bowling. Left the house around 10:00 this a.m. and got back around 4:00. Made a few stops on the way back, was going to trade in my phone but both our Telus shops are closed on Sun. Went to mail dd's birthday pkg. at our 7/11 and their scale wasn't working due to a power outage we had while we were gone. I gues the power was out for about 2 hrs. I had dh just drop me off as I had decided to walk home as it was quite nice out. Got home and had to take the van up to the IGA to mail it which we had come right by after the last Telus stopCursing! Oh well, it's in the mail nowBigGrin!

Nancy: you sure did get a dump of snow. Hope your fishies will be ok.

Laura: the invites are lovely. Good luck with your little business venture

Joy: glad dh is feeling a bit better, hope the blood tests tell you something tomorrow

Sharon: hope you were able to get some sleds for the girls. Glad you were able to get out and about today.

I guess it's pizza for supper tonite before we take Troy back home.

Bye for now, take care everyone
joyfullycrafting Offline
#814 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:11:40 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Jeffie was at it again. A kleenex box jumped into his mouth and he was forced to rip it and all of it's contents to shreds. He has shredded two big dog beds in the past several months. He is a busy dog. One of these days, I will need to post a pic of him.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#815 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:00:54 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1281 time(s) in 996 post(s)
Hi Joy... the fish hibernate they are way down at the bottom of the pond... This is the very first time there is so much snow on top. Steve put 2x4's wood planks on top with lots of canvas covers to shield the pond from the snow and ice. We have no idea what is going on under it all.

In the past we have never lost a fish in the Winter months.!!

Sorry you all can't see the pic's!!

Joy just try and concentrate on 1 wedding at a time.

Patty and Bob had their wedding in our backyard. It was so pretty. They eloped to Disney World but came back and I had gave them a small wedding with mostly Bob's friends. Since this was Patty's second marriage.

In 2003 my x- husband and I gave her a big wedding. So second time around it was much smaller.

Steve put white lights on the trees in the back yard we had a Hugh tent he also put lights all around. We found white wedding bells and decorations and decorated everything.

I made Dsiney Centerpieces for the tables since she is such a big fan of Disney characters.

So there is nothing wrong with a back yard wedding.

When I married Steve his sister opened up her home and back yard it was also a big back yard and Steve and I got married their. My sister in law made a flower arch it was beautful all yellow and green flowers arch way for us to get married under.

So you can do alot for a backyard wedding.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#816 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:04:02 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Jeffie was at it again. A kleenex box jumped into his mouth and he was forced to rip it and all of it's contents to shreds. He has shredded two big dog beds in the past several months. He is a busy dog. One of these days, I will need to post a pic of him.

Max also loves tissues, paper towels . Anytime someone comes over and if a small piece of tissue is coming out of their pocketbooks Max will find it and shred it to pieces!

How long is Jeffie staying with you???

lv2scrap02 Offline
#817 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:27:50 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Laura that is nice that you can get more into a craft business and DH supports you

Joy.. If DH is yellow that does he have yellow jaundace (sp) my dad had a case of that his skin
was yellow and he had an infection in his liver...

DD is still trapped in their home. No plows my Craft GF in the next town over they still haven't plowed.

I don't get it with the kind of taxes we pay these streets should have been cleared!!

My DD pays such high taxes because she lives on a corner lots of property and build in swimming pool (came with the house) her taxes are $12,000.00 a year!! streets are unplowed.

PedalPower Offline
#818 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 10:51:08 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Hi girls...I know I dropped off for a long time. It's been crazy at our place! I think I told you all that DH was rear-ended. We're in the middle of getting that repaired. Hopefully we'll have our truck back in a couple of days. In the mean time my DH is driving a "car" and hates it. He misses his truck.

DS was picked for an all star basketball team. They played a tournament this weekend and won the whole thing. The coach signed them up for two more tournaments--so excited for DS!

Yesterday our fridge pooped out. It's working now, but I have a repairman here right now working on it. Sounds like he may have to order a part and come back. I was hoping to have this done today. Boo.

I sold about 20 cards at one of my shops this past month. I was pretty excited! Need to restock my supply.

I have a painter coming next week to paint our bathrooms. I'm not sure I could book any more into our schedules right now.

Sorry I've been MIA, but real life has just been too crazy!
Shelly Offline
#819 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 11:14:47 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Wow NANCY that's a lot of snow you guys got! Hope you can dig out soon. Glad you got your meds figured out and are feeling better!

SHARON - did ou get some sleds? We have a great backyard for sledding. All the kids in the neighborhood would come over when it snowed.

JOY - Hope DH gets feeling better and they can quickly get him fixed up. you don't have time for this with your weddings!

I got 2 cards made this weekend, finally. One valentine's card and a graduation card for SIL. He finished up his degree and doesn't want to do the "graduation walk" so his family and ours all went out to dinner. But it was nice to get back in my craft room and do something I wanted to do. Have been doing things for Church and not things for me.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#820 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:00:35 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well I am glad to know everyone is having a problem either uploading photos or opening .

Well have a good night everyone/day
JeanneLee Offline
#821 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:08:45 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Wow, Nancy, saw some of your snow photos(they are small, but I get the gist of them...you got snowed in!)
Hope you don't get any more and that the weather warms up soon!

DS got 7 more days to stay here...he is a Recruiter's assistant this week, so they give them extra time.
He will report back to School(Military Combat Training) in NC next Monday. Its been wonderful to have him home! Sorry I need to get on my blog and post some photos, I will let you know when I do.

Dh made a nice fire tonight and we got a walk in! Haven't done that in a while since its been so cold!

Have a great evening everyone.
SandraB. Offline
#822 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:44:40 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Well, I traded my Blackberry phone in for an IPhone. Moving up in the world I guess. My contract was up for renewal so decided to go that way as both my dd's have an IPhone or IPod. So far, so good. The fellow at the shop was terrific...set everything up for me and transferred everything off my old phone.BigGrin

Nancy: hope you guys get shovelled out soon. Wow! that's alot of taxes your dd pays. We pay way less than that and get our streets plowed at least once a year...the main roads more often.

Joy: our oldest dd got married in Maui and we had a wedding celebration here for the family. Did it all Hawaiian style and had a beautiful summer day.

Sonja: nice to see you again. Congrats to your ds and his team. Hope you get your fridge fixed and the painting goes well. Hope dh gets his truck back soon, nothing worse than having to drive another vehicleAngry

JeanneLee: lucky you to have ds home for another week. Enjoy your time with him.

Shelly: glad you were able to get back to some crafting. Congrats to your SIL.

Better run, have some papers to mark for school tomorrow.

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 2/14/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#823 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 9:33:09 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi. I read posts, but I am exhausted.

Nancy, that is a LOT in taxes for Patty. WOW!!

No sewing today. I spent pretty close to 12 hours at the hospital. Merle had an ultra-sound this morning, which showed a "funky" gall badder.

So then he had a CT scan, which showed not only a gall stone, but an abcess on his gall bladder.

They put in a tube to drain the abcess, which has been VERY painful. It was really hard to leave him in the hospital tonight. In a few days, we have no idea when, they will take his gall bladder out. I guess maybe when nothing is draining any more.

So, the sewing will wait until next week. At least I have confidence in my sewing skills, so no worries about that.

DebbieScraps Offline
#824 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:34:50 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone, well I don't know what they have done to the mb but I can finally see photo's LOL, beforehand I could never get them to open. Wow that is quite some snow you have been having, we are having another heatwave, I am so over summer already!!!!

DD had her engagement party over the weekend and it went off really well, the decorations looked really good. Future SIL is being sent offshore for work again next week and we have no idea how long he will be away for. He was suppose to go last week but told his boss that if he missed his engagement party there would not be a wedding BigGrin They don't give him any advance warning of being sent away, he is just suppose to drop everything when they say and fly out.

Joy, hope DH will be feeling better soon, I am sure you don't need the added stress on top of all the wedding preparations.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#825 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:51:34 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

http://www.youtube.com/embed/PztO-OvzRyg?rel=0

Hope you all can open this linkBigGrin

Amazing dog
lv2scrap02 Offline
#826 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:57:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

My poor DD is having a tough time with her job. They still didn't plow are neighborhood.. all the news articles in the paper have so many people complaining they haven't seen a plow ever!!

Our streets are a mess I am not going anywhere anytime soon

DD nothing when you have close to 3 feet of snow, ice now it is too heavy for plows to come thru so they are saying. Well one guy put a plow on his SUV and plowed his own street. So if a SUV can go thru why not truck, pick up trucks. I just think they are holding out for more pay!!

More snow in the forcast.

Our pond caved in the 2x6 and all the tarp didn't help. Luckly fish and pond are fine the bubbler still working.

Well I did get some scrapbooking done. I thought I would put the photos on then cut the images on the Cricut.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#827 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:00:06 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Here is a Survey:

How many of you use all CRICUT Images in making cards??

How many of you only use Stamps??

Do you Stamp in scrapbooks or use Cricut images??

I will be doing a give away RAK!! I haven't done one in ages BigGrin
Shelly Offline
#828 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:14:28 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
NANCY - That is awful about the streets not getting plowed! Especially with those taxes you have to pay. Someone should call the news and show that an SUV can plow the streets, but the snowplows won't come. Maybe public pressure would help. Hope you get some relief SOON.

DEBBIE - Glad the engagement party went well.

JOY - Hope your DH gets to have his surgery soon. He'll feel much better after. Not fun for you with the weddings though! Glad it didn't happen in the middle of your cruise though!!

Going to be babysitting a lot the next few days. Daughter has her ultrasound, a doctor's appointment and a tooth broke over the weekend, so she is needing to get into a dentist soon. He's pretty good, just extremely busy. I don't get anything done when he is here. He likes attention. We are leaving town for the weekend, to go spend time in our RV, so we will be out of the snow and in a little warmer weather for a few days.

Have a good day everyone.
SandraB. Offline
#829 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:18:00 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Had Troy at the dentist today...routine cleaning and check-up. I'm sure enjoying my new I Phone, quite user-friendly!BigGrin

Nancy: wow! still no snowplows! Glad your fish are doing ok. Glad you got some scrapbooking done at least. Hope you don't get too much more snow.

Debbie: glad the engagement party went well.

Shelly: have fun babysitting the little guy. Hope all goes well with your dd. Enjoy your time at the RV park.

Joy: hope dh is doing better. Hope he feels better after his surgery.

Nancy: here's my survey answers: 1) I did some Christmas cards using the Cricut cards they had for the CCR. 2) If I use stamps I usually add some embellishments i.e., rhinestones, flowers, etc. 3) I usually use Cricut images in my scrapbooks.

Bye for now, take care everyone

Larmabee Offline
#830 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:43:41 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Morning everyone
Sandra I love my iphone too. Been over a year and never a problem that we couldn't figure out on our own!
Shelly Enjoy your babysitting. And hoping for the best for your DD.
Nancy I try to use my cricut on all my cards, that's what I got it for. I rarely use only stamps, as I am quite new to them. I use both when I scrapbook - although that doesn't happen much!
Debbie Good to hear the engagement party went well. It is a hard life for a family of that kind of work.
Joy Love the technical jargon "funky gallbladder" Ha ha - Terrible the pain though. Prayers for a quick recovery!
Jeanne Nice to hear from you!
Take care all
 1 user thanked Larmabee for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 2/14/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#831 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:02:09 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I so wish I could log in with my phone. I get a security warning, and can't seem to bypass it.

Well, DH won't have surgery until after the abcess clears up. In four or five weeks. The wedding in is 4 1/2 weeks. When it rains it pours. Kate is feeling a little stressed. So far, I am ok except for DH stressing me. He wants me by his side every minute. I come home to sleep, but I can tell he watches the clock to text me at 6 a.m. on the dot.

I'm off to finish laundry and head for church.

Nancy, I had every intention of making Christmas cards, but this week has kind of changed those plans. I am really glad I got Valentine's cards done last week!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#832 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:56:59 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I just saw that I posted this morning that I was heading for church. Oh brother. I was heading for hospital!

I went and go Kate for lunch, and she insisted that I borrow her tablet, so I am trying something new. Her fiancé got her a Windows 8 tablet for Christmas so that is what I using. It took me quite a while to figure out where to go on it to connect to the hospital internet.

Kate and I went to Dollar Tree. They had LOTS of red roses, and they were descent ones, so we got bunches of them to use to decorate with.

Merle has his IV disconnected. He is hoping that he will get to go home tomorrow. He is still in quite a bit of pain from the tube between his ribs.

The son and DIL of the friends we went on the cruise with own a flower shop. The man showed up yesterday with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, but instead of being for Merle, he put my name on the envelope, and had signed the card "Love You, Merle." It was so very sweet of him.
NJsharon Offline
#833 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:35:30 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 404 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
Here is a Survey:

How many of you use all CRICUT Images in making cards??

How many of you only use Stamps??

Do you Stamp in scrapbooks or use Cricut images??

I will be doing a give away RAK!! I haven't done one in ages BigGrin

When making cards I rarely use only cricut images.
I primarily use stamps when making cards, but you probably knew that already?!!
For my scrapbooks I do a mix, a bit of stamping & cricut, for titles & embellishing the page.

NJsharon Offline
#834 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:41:36 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 404 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Oh & we pay just over $12,000 a year for our taxes! We have about 3/4 of an acre of land though, pretty big house (4 bedrooms) on a dead end street. But our roads are always plowed very quickly & salted too. Will say they have always been great with that, we are very lucky.

Heard there should be more snow tonight, but no idea how much! Hearing anything from a dusting to others saying 3-5". I am guessing closer to 1-2" myself.

Been feeling a little crappy yesterday & today. Just a head cold & a little croaky & a little sore throat. Nothing major, just bothersome!

Oh & we won tickets over the weekend (2 tickets) for Mary Poppins on broadway! Orchestra seats too! So last night was when the tickets were for, so Paul took Emily as a special treat. Apparently she loved it! He said Emily was really good sitting through the whole show too!

Heard rumors we may get another snow storm for saturday or sunday too? Did you hear that Nancy? Not sure when exactly it is meant to come or how much snow it is meant to bring. Kind of out of the loop on that.

SandraB. Offline
#835 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:03:22 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Wow! did we have the wind today...gusts up to 70km/hr! Sure made it fun for outdoor supervisionAngry! Tomorrow I get to go to the same drama presentation twice, with the grade 4's in the a.m. and the grade 9's in the p.m. Hopefully, I can get a lunch in but if not it's my early day so will leave earlierBlushing!

Laura: so far, so good with my IPhone. Now I wonder why I was scared to make the switch?

Sharon: hope you are feeling better. I can't believe the taxes you guys pay...we pay approx $3200.00 and get great service for it. I guess different systems for different areas. Congrats on winning the tickets, glad dh and Emily enjoyed it.

Joy: glad dh is feeling a bit better, hope he comes home tomorrow. The flowers were a real sweet thought. Glad you and Kate were able to find some nice roses at the dollar store. Have fun with her tablet.

Hope everyone else is doing ok, hope you don't get too much more snow.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#836 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:45:25 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good morning. We are waiting for the doctor to see if DH can go home. We know that he is doing surgery on a friend of ours this morning so we are being patient.

I am using DH's tablet right now.

I use stamps and cuts both on almost everything. But there are some things I only usually use stamps, like sympathy cards. I have a lot (well, kind of) little background stamps that I tend to use instead of paper for the backgrounds on my cards. And I do lots more card making then scrapping.

For Valentine cards I used an old SU pocket stamp and filled it with Cricut hearts.

Have a good day.

KRFISHER25c31494c6 Offline
#837 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:55:10 AM(UTC)
KRFISHER25c31494c6

Hi I was wondering if you had time to help my bride and I with our wedding invitations. Never have I been big on arts and craft so when I went to Johanna's I was blown away by this machine called cricut. Now I'm apart of the website. I found a great invitation that I would want for our wedding. Butterfly bridal invitation by a user on here. Would someone be willing to recreate that project about 66 more times. Willing to pay. Krfisher25@gmail.com if interested thank you
KRFISHER25c31494c6 Offline
#838 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:00:35 AM(UTC)
KRFISHER25c31494c6

Originally Posted by: Larmabee Go to Quoted Post
The order is for 175 invites plus response cards. It will definately keep me busy for a few days!! I'm not sure what the bridesmaid dresses are like. I am guessing they will be purple too.
DH and I have decided that we are going to use my creative abilities to help with our house fund. We just aren't able to save money fast enough with our jobs. So, he is going to help me get the crafty stuff up and running. It feels good to know he believes in my ability. Kind of really excited, not to have to hide all my little craft jobs BigGrin
Laura

Hi I'm just surfing and saw ur post. Question for you are you able to make invitations for weddings. I'm looking for 66 invitations exactly like butterfly bridal invitations on this site
lv2scrap02 Offline
#839 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:01:24 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

I know NJ is high in taxes. We have a 3 bedroom house not alot of property although we have made the most with it. We also pay high taxes a about 9300.00.

It seems where my DD lives the Town Supervisor was on sick leave are you ready for this with a tooth ache. Needless to say he is no longer the Town Supervisor!!

So now he leaves with a $112,000.00 dollor pension. I mean even with a tooth ache he couldn't make any phones call for a snow emergency. Now they are saying they didn't have the plow equipment!!

My DD didn't get her road plowed until late Tuesday night. So many irate people.

Many people in Suffolk County actually got together and shoveled their roads out just to make it to the main highway/streets. Even us they only came thru once only one car can get thru at a time. Thankfully Alex plowed enough for a wide driveway.

anyway we have been moving furniture around so I can put Abigail in my master bedroom. So much more room for her pack n play and she seems so slepp better in the master bedroom.

Now we have our computer back BigGrin

lv2scrap02 Offline
#840 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:05:38 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy glad to hear DH is coming home. Is it a long ride to the Hospital??

Laura you will be busy but it is a good busy enjoy

Sharon how nice Emily went to see the Broadway show. Glad she enjoyed it.

Selling CTMH I figured you would do more stamping.

I have yet to try Stamping in my scrapbooks!!!

No I didn't hear anything about more snow...Angry