Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

amgcrafts8f75666d Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:42:59 PM(UTC)
amgcrafts8f75666d

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I am having a huge problem with cuts in CCR today. I'm trying to cut a full sheet of hearts with a couple little "holes" to stick suckers through for valentines for my DS's preschool. I added one heart, then put my small circles on where I wanted, grouped the 3 items then copied/pasted until I had a full sheet (I have cricut original so 6x12). I've done the copy paste with plenty of other items before and it's never done this- 1 whole column of my shapes is totally misformed... the hearts have a straight side where a curved side should be, and a pointy part where a rounded top of the heart should be. On screen everything looks perfect. I've tried with two different hearts etc, NOTHING is working. HELP. Really really really really frustrated.Crying
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:05:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
At this time, I can only think of one thing to check....without knowing more.

When you bring up your project, are you one ONE MAT LAYER, or do you have multiple mat layers?

After you answer this, I'll come back.

Char
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:01:41 AM(UTC)
amgcrafts8f75666d

I'm working with only one mat layer...

In an update, I tried to get it to work again, with a different heart shape and then it cut a heart shape but a totally "boxy" looking heart, all straight cuts, no curved cuts. Again this is only in one of two columns of the page. **sigh**
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:09:39 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Why don't you start a NEW project; I think there have been a few times when there were some crazy things going on for me in a project and I just had to start over.

When you get your first line of hearts, select all of them at the same time and do a copy/paste to get your next line. Maybe you're doing that, anyway.

I think you need to start the project over and start from scratch. Maybe there was something quirky going on the last time you saved your project (who knows) and it's just not going to work on that mat because of some quirk.

I know, that doesn't make much sense either.

Hope you get it to work. It has to be terribly frustrating.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:14:11 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

If you do an uninstall/reinstall, be sure you uninstall ADOBE AIR on your computer at the same time. Before you reinstall CCR, I would also go up to TOOLS and DELETE BROWSING HISTORY. Turn your computer off after you uninstall and delete history.

Before you shutdown, after uninstall and delete history, unplug the USB cord from your CRICUT to the computer's hard drive.

For the reinstall, I would go directly to cricut.com to use their link in Craft Room. If you are using an old link (maybe one you saved to favorites, or one you received in the emails several years back, those links might be broken).

Make sure, too, that you are using the latest BUILD in CCR.....Build 179....which should automatically reinstall for you. WHAT IS YOUR BUILD ON RIGHT NOW? That may be the problem; maybe you just need to get up to speed on the latest build.

On reboot or restart, go ahead and reinstall everything, making sure ADOBE AIR reinstalls (it usually pops a box up on your screen a few seconds....might be fifteen seconds or more....after CCR downloads completely.

AFTER all reinstalls are done, plug your USB cord to your CRICUT into the computer's hard drive and turn on your CRICUT.

Try your CUTS again. If this fails, I would be calling PC first thing Monday morning for some additional help.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:16:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
amgcrafts8f75666d on 2/9/2013(UTC)
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 12:09:04 PM(UTC)
amgcrafts8f75666d

Thanks Char. I did try the new project each time, that didn't seem to affect it. I'm going to do the uninstall reinstall. Thanks for the pointers!

1 user thanked amgcrafts8f75666d for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/9/2013(UTC)
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:37:10 PM(UTC)
amgcrafts8f75666d

PS, reinstalling everything DID NOT work. What a waste of paper this problem is. Not to mention hard to finish a project. Blah.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:46:51 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I'm so sorry it didn't work for you.

It just occurred to me to try to duplicate what you're doing. What cartridge are you working with? And, what heart....are you on the first tab, SHIFT tab, etc.!

Maybe there is something wrong with the image itself that won't work in CCR. I can try it for you if I have the cartridge. AND/OR, someone else can try.

There have been defective cartridges! Why don't we try this?

Char

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:49:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:50:46 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I'll be back in a few minutes.

Char
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:06:41 PM(UTC)
amgcrafts8f75666d

Thanks Char for continuing to try to help! :)

I tried 2 different hearts on this particular project... Cupcake from the create a critter (free for the week) and Heart1 from Simply Sweet. They both cut incorrectly though in a different way.

Oh and I just did a search so I didn't do shift and don't know which tab.

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:07:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:18:46 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I don't have Simply Sweet.

Let me cut the heart from the Cupcake in Create a Critter and see if it cuts right for me.

Is your paper lifting up when you make the cut; I'm asking if the paper shifted/moved any iota on the cuts you've already tried?

I'll be back in a little bit.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:34:40 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I doubt I'll be able to download these pics....there has been so much trouble on the MB with being able to see everyone's pics....but, I'll try.

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:16:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:34:56 PM(UTC)
amgcrafts8f75666d

No my paper isn't shifting... and it's uniformly the same "distortion" for 3-4 hearts on one side. The other side cuts fine.
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:47:08 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Something is keeping me from posting any pictures.

One of the hearts is distorted to begin with. It will cut exactly as it looks when you place it on the mat.

The other heart is uniform and cut out perfectly for me.

I wanted to show you; but, I won't be able to right now.....maybe never!!! (Being facetious)!

I'm wondering if you placed a heart on the mat....went out to place another one on the mat and didn't notice it was the one that is a little cockeyed on the image itself, meaning to be that way....went out to get another one which was the first heart you placed that you wanted in the first place.

Then, did you copy/paste....I mean, I think you would have noticed that one of the hearts might look different from the other one before you CUT them out....not trying to be funny or anything; just trying to help you figure it out.

Char

CricketCMV Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:48:42 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I do wish I could show you what I had on the mat and show you my picture of the cut out hearts that came out exactly as the two hearts in Create a Critter (doughnut space)...but on different tabs.

One of the hearts is perfectly symmetrical on one of the tab layers.

The other heart is lopsided (in the image itself...meant to be that way). I think you must have put this one on the mat without realizing it was one you didn't mean to put on there. You wanted the symmetrical one?

Char

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:51:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:57:49 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

One other thing...you do have to be careful when you get the handles/boxes around the images that you don't accidentally distort them a little (the lower right hand circle on the box) by pulling it in a little or out a little without realizing it.

If that happens, it's not always easy to see. Do you know what I'm saying?

Char
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:21:50 PM(UTC)
amgcrafts8f75666d

Hi Char,

Thanks again for trying to help me figure this out. Distortion might be the wrong word for what's wrong. I knew that the one heart was 'lopsided' but when it cut out, instead of rounded edges I got some straight edges and a sliver of the heart was "cut off" but again, only one column. I'm going to try to upload a picture... The other heart I tried, cut one side of the mat fine and the other was all straight lines no curved lines at all. I was cutting other stuff today and had no problems with any of the animals I cut off of create a critter. Not sure what the issue was, but I still really appreciate your help trying to figure it out.

Edited to say it wouldn't let me upload the picture... if you are interested in seeing what I mean, you can check out a blog post that I used the picture in.... here.

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:26:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV on 2/11/2013(UTC)