Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<91011
Kazalah Offline
#301 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:18:37 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 617 time(s) in 261 post(s)
Sharon,

I'm so glad you received your box and even happier that you like what I made Smile Hopefully your crisis will resolve itself quickly and you'll be able to truly enjoy all your goodies!

Gwynne,

I fell in love with that wrapping paper and everything after was inspired by it lol

Laura,

It was a little hard parting with the tags but luckily I made a few extras for myself lol. I love to make things for other people but sometimes they are hard t part with. In this case wasn't so bad since I made extras Wink

Lori
 1 user thanked Kazalah for this useful post.
lauraa on 5/24/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#302 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:05:44 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 703 time(s) in 571 post(s)
First Impressions is always major in these swaps.

I know it always makes me catch my breath with joy when I open up my box and find everything wrapped up in pretty colors or appropriate paper for the theme of the swap, etc.

It's exciting!

And you all will start to learn these little tricks as you join more and more swaps. It's the little things that all add up to perfection.

You guys all did great for your first go around of this type of swap. From here you will grow and learn to think outside the box with ideas and you will get braver and try new techniques too.

These swaps are great for a way to learn and create outside of your comfort zone.

You all relied on the cricut pretty heavy for lots of diecuts. Next swap you do, you will step it up a notch and try your hand at creating a project or altering an item and then embellishing it, using diecuts. It's stepping stones and as long as you are willing to challenge yourself and improve or put into practice what you learned from the previous swap, then you will soon find yourself well respected and you will be having so much fun creating for your partners!

And then a year from now and then two years from now...you will look back at what you first made for swaps and you will just shake your head at yourself and chuckle. Plus you will be amazed at how far you've come. It's a great hobby - crafting and swapping.

Just remember to not get so enthusiastic that you jump into too many swaps at the same time and then can't enjoy the process cuz you are rushing to complete them all on time. So learn to pace yourself! So many newbies forget to do that and then they run out of time and money too. Swapping can get expensive if you have to mail out several swaps in the same week!

And when that happens, gals tend to just walk away which spoils the memories and spoils their fun too.

Other then the current Red,White,Blue swap, I probably won't open up another swap until end of summer. A handful of us hostesses will discuss what Fall/Halloween and Christmas swaps we want to do this year and try to work together so we give you a chance to join what interests you, but not have them all due the same time. The holiday swaps are always lots of fun and a special time of year for swapping. So that leaves you something to look forward to!

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
lauraa on 5/24/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#303 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 4:24:41 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 703 time(s) in 571 post(s)
Just wanted to post that the prize packages are ready to mail out tomorrow to Lauraa and Kazalah.

Kaz, I actually packaged yours in 2 different packages so one will be a priority little box which will probably arrive before the envelope pkg.

Lauraa, yours is in an envelope.

So if there is anything you need from my stash now is the time to speak up! lol I haven't sealed the packages yet!
 1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
lauraa on 5/24/2013(UTC)