Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Soshescraps Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:22:16 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
I am wondering if they are going to have another clearance sale again. Wednesday I went back to my Michaels and they had new items marked low and they all had special blue and red tags on them. That would be a good thing and a bad thing if they did have another huge clearance sale. At least for me anyway, LOL!! I'm still trying to find a place for all of the goodies I got at the last sale. On the other hand, it would be great for everyone who didn't get a chance to get to the first sale.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Soshescraps Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:24:38 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Originally Posted by: STW Go to Quoted Post
I just bought 10 6x6 MME pads for 1 cent a piece tonight. It was not marked but had read on a group on FB about them. My total was 10 cents!

Awesome find!! Can you post some pictures so that the rest of us will know what to look for? That would be fantastic if you could!! Lets share the bargains with the entire crafting community!!!
Lady Bug S Offline
#33 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:25:05 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug S

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I think I will go to M tomorrow, hopefully I will find some great deals.
STW Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:14:21 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 79 post(s)
These are the ones that are 1 cent:
MME 6x6:
Moments
Breeze
Santa Claus
Haunted
*All Christmas & Halloween*

DCWV 12 x 12:
Habitat
La Bella Rouge
The Wild Splendor
All Dolled Up
The First Noel

Recollections:
Garden Harvest
My Favorite Things
Regent Street

I only found the MME 6x6 pads. They were on a display wall with all the "current" pads and were not visibly marked down, but when I brought them to the counter (keeping my fingers crossed!) they all rang up for a penny each. I bought multiples of each. I'll try to upload pics of them.
STW attached the following image(s):
photo (3).JPG
photo (4).JPG
photo (5).JPG
photo (6).JPG
 2 users thanked STW for this useful post.
Mari on 2/11/2013(UTC), Soshescraps on 2/11/2013(UTC)
GypsyD Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:28:08 PM(UTC)
GypsyD

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 825 post(s)
*thunk* That is the sound of me hitting the floor. I passed out there for a second! LOL There is NO FREAKING WAY there would be sales like that where I live! Awesome! Good for you! Enjoy your treasures!
STW Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:46:24 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

These WERE NOT MARKED - not even 20%....but I knew from reading on FB that they had been discontinued and that they would ring up for a penny. So, if you get a chance, go by and scour the pads and see if you can find any of the listed ones. Good luck!
CowgirlUp Offline
#37 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 12:10:45 AM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
Soshescraps;1657582 wrote:
I am wondering if they are going to have another clearance sale again. Wednesday I went back to my Michaels and they had new items marked low and they all had special blue and red tags on them. That would be a good thing and a bad thing if they did have another huge clearance sale. At least for me anyway, LOL!! I'm still trying to find a place for all of the goodies I got at the last sale. On the other hand, it would be great for everyone who didn't get a chance to get to the first sale.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

today I picked up a stamp that was on clearance (had been forever) but it had the red tag on it and the cashier changed it to being 90% off like they had to during the sale. so I think they are still honoring the sale til the stuff is all gone.
deonnahotovec Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:23:51 AM(UTC)
deonnahotovec

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I talked to one employee and this sale had something to do with them having an extra fiscal year week on their calendar so the could sell at these prices and not have to count that revenue on the books for their totals or something.
She said it only happens once every 8 yrs.
That is why they pulled so much stuff from out of old boxes as well as some stores using every bit of clearance they had. They wanted to move it and get rid of it. Other stores might have a place to keep it if it doesn't sell so they might not have had as much on their sales racks or included the whole store.
I was upset when I drove to a second Michaels and they told me everything in the store was included but then when at the register they told me no. I have a bunch of cricut cartridges. I got them anyway cause it was such a good deal but then decided I should return them to make a point. My local store that I went to to return them sold them back to me at the right price. I got 9 cartridges total for $2.49-$2.90.
I rocked the deals.

Deonna
 1 user thanked deonnahotovec for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 2/11/2013(UTC)
missstamper Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:45:55 AM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Originally Posted by: deonnahotovec Go to Quoted Post
I talked to one employee and this sale had something to do with them having an extra fiscal year week on their calendar so the could sell at these prices and not have to count that revenue on the books for their totals or something.
That is why they pulled so much stuff from out of old boxes as well as some stores using every bit of clearance they had. They wanted to move it and get rid of it. Other stores might have a place to keep it if it doesn't sell so they might not have had as much on their sales racks or included the whole store.
I was upset when I drove to a second Michaels and they told me everything in the store was included but then when at the register they told me no. I have a bunch of cricut cartridges. I got them anyway cause it was such a good deal but then decided I should return them to make a point. My local store that I went to to return them sold them back to me at the right price. I got 9 cartridges total for $2.49-$2.90.
I rocked the deals.

Deonna

Wow! What a great deal on the cartridges!
BJR Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:24:43 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Great deals on the carts. No store of ours included any carts.
As for the penny deals most times the cashiers will say we aren't allowed to sell you any at that price - 1 cent means they are supposed to go in the trash. sometimes they will go ahead- but if there is any left over they would go and pull them off the shelves. But thanks I will go look! BJR.

Tried 2 stores and there aren't any spots for the paper or any of the pads. Thanks anyway. BJR.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 9:44:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added note

Mari Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 2:32:17 PM(UTC)
Mari

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Thanks to STW. I just had to go look for the paper pads that she so generously listed for us and I scored!Yay! I found 20 MME pads of all those listed. The store that had those had a bunch of Wild Splendor 12x12 pads. The one clerk told me to take all that they had because they can't buy them personally and can only throw them away. The other clerk seemed ticked that I was buying them - no clue why. I made a trip tnother store today and found all but the paper doll and Regrent Street pad. I spent another 9 cents, even leaving several GArden HArvest behind. The sles clerk wasn't sure what to do but when she asked the manager, the manager replied that if I found them I could buy them. She did say they looked for them and had not located them prewviously so was appreciative of my telling her where the others were. I did find Habitat but it rings at full price so not sure if this varies by market or was a typo by the original poster. Thanks again. It is so much fun to go on a scavenger hunt:)
 1 user thanked Mari for this useful post.
STW Offline
#42 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:40:03 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Congrats! And, if anyone runs into any clerks saying they cannot sell them to you for a penny, they are WRONG - tell them according to SOP 512 (Store Operating Policy 512) from corporate, if a customer brings up an item to be rung up, they HAVE TO SELL THE ITEM at the price it scans - even a penny! STAND YOUR GROUND! I read this on the same FB group page where I found out what stacks were penny items, and it worked for some ladies who ran into some less than nice clerks.

HTH!
 1 user thanked STW for this useful post.
jscraftylady Offline
#43 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:33:00 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2308 time(s) in 1241 post(s)
I hit 7 different stores and the extra 90% off the clearance was only on specially marked items and it was old, dusty stuff pulled out from the back. It is so strange how stores can be so different.

I was really ticked off though because the Vagabond has had a red clearance sticker on it at my local store for months. I went to buy it specifically. They had taken the two they had in the clearance section, pulled the red stickers off them and put them on the aisle with all the rest of the Tim Holtz stuff. Bad form, Ms.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
Soshescraps Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:42:48 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Originally Posted by: Mari Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to STW. I just had to go look for the paper pads that she so generously listed for us and I scored!Yay! I found 20 MME pads of all those listed. The store that had those had a bunch of Wild Splendor 12x12 pads. The one clerk told me to take all that they had because they can't buy them personally and can only throw them away. The other clerk seemed ticked that I was buying them - no clue why. I made a trip tnother store today and found all but the paper doll and Regrent Street pad. I spent another 9 cents, even leaving several GArden HArvest behind. The sles clerk wasn't sure what to do but when she asked the manager, the manager replied that if I found them I could buy them. She did say they looked for them and had not located them prewviously so was appreciative of my telling her where the others were. I did find Habitat but it rings at full price so not sure if this varies by market or was a typo by the original poster. Thanks again. It is so much fun to go on a scavenger hunt:)

Great find on those paper pads! I probably would have gotten them all and then sold them to others who might have been interested. I've been looking for some of the penny stacks with no luck! Enjoy all your new things.
Soshescraps Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:45:31 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Originally Posted by: deonnahotovec Go to Quoted Post
I rocked the deals.

Deonna

Great find on the cartridges. Which titles did you get? My M's didn't have any cartridges included in the sale.

Gosh I sure don't hope they wait another 8 years to host a sale that good. They should do it yearly IMO!