Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
married05 Offline
#61 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 4:25:44 PM(UTC)
married05

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Happy mb anniversary!

I used to be pretty active on these boards... until I had my daughter back in April. For some reason I can't log in to the mb from my Kindle which is about the only way I usually get to use the internet...

What's your go-to cartridge.. the one you use the most? Mine used to be Storybook. (I say used to because I haven't crafted in a long time.)
mad55jed1fcf66ca Offline
#62 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 4:56:07 PM(UTC)
mad55jed1fcf66ca

I'd love to enter your giveaway. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.

I'm a new Cricut user and excited about learning -- What do you think about using Design Studio and not the Craft Room?
Godot's Girl Offline
#63 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:12:26 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2885 time(s) in 1730 post(s)
married....Welcome back! Congratulations on your daughter. I remember when my guys were little...3 under 3, and I miss that time. It's cliche, I know, but it goes by so quickly. Day by day, hour by hour, it seems slow, but soon she will be 16 like my oldest, and you'll wish she could still fit in your arms. My go to carts are all 3 Paper Dolls and the 2 Create A Critters. I sell many children's cards, so I use those carts the most. I love Florals Embellished if I were to pick a fave.

mad55jed.....Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you. Sorry, I do not have DS, and have just started using CCR, so I am not the best person to ask. If you posted that question on this MB, I am sure you would get the answers you need.

Thanks for entering. Blessings, GG.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 6:15:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ksqueenb Offline
#64 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:39:25 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 381 time(s) in 233 post(s)
This is so much fun.BigGrin I would like to be entered for the giveaway.

Question- What has been your favorite swap and why?

Congratulations on your anniversary and you should make 3000 by the end of the week.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 6:50:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Godot's Girl Offline
#65 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:47:47 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

ksqueenb.....Thanks! I am having fun too. I almost feel like I am on Oprah or being interviewed by Barbara Walters...lol! My favorite ongoing swaps are the Monthly Embossing Swap and the Monthly Cut RAK. I have met such wonderful people through both of them. They are a great way to get embossed pages and cuts from folders and carts you do not have. Plus, they make you use carts and folders you may not have used in a while. And, selfishly, I love to do for and give to others. Aside from those, my fave swap of all time was an alphabet swap hosted by BCSQ. Participants signed up to do cuts starting with letters of the alphabet, plus there was a number category. You made cuts for each person in the swap. I cannot remember how many people played, I think it was 10, so we made 10 of each cut.....270 cuts in all. It was fun to figure out what cut I would do for each letter, and to see what other people had chosen to do. The hostess made certain no one did the same cut for the same letter. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun as well. I used several of the cuts in my card classes that I teach for the kids at my church. And, it made me look through all my handbooks...did not have many at the time, so I got really familiar with what was on each cart. Someone really should do one of those again...hint, hint.... GG

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:54:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Godot's Girl Offline
#66 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:31:05 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

BigGrin
EyeBoop Offline
#67 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:04:12 AM(UTC)
EyeBoop

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Happy anniversary, you can sign me up
eyeboop2000@aol.com.

What is your favorite adhesive?
lesalovesherboys Offline
#68 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:09:29 AM(UTC)
lesalovesherboys

United States

Was thanked: 177 time(s) in 155 post(s)
GG:

I second your hope for another alphabet RAK like BCSQ hosted.

No question, but just a big HUG for all you do for everyone. You support and encouragement before my son went off to band camp gave me the comfort I needed--and you were absolutely right about everything! I keep you and your family in my prayers every night.

Lesa
Godot's Girl Offline
#69 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:24:50 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

EyeBoop.....The adhesive I use is the zig 2 way pen. I use every size available, depending on my project. It sticks well and bonds fast. For things that need a little more oomph, I use E-6000. Love it for my hat and stick pins. GG

Lesalovesherboys....I am so glad I could help you. Thank you for reaching out in friendship to me. I treasure you.

Thanks for joining in on the fun! Blessings, GG
Godot's Girl Offline
#70 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:27:20 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

btt
~~TP98~~ Offline
#71 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:27:48 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Was thanked: 430 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Congrats on your upcoming anniversary....I'd like the opportunity to win your anniversary RAK. Thanks!
 1 user thanked ~~TP98~~ for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 2/13/2013(UTC)
cropdropnroll Offline
#72 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:11:01 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary here on the MB, Godot's Girl!! Wishing many, many, ... more years!! I'd love the chance to win the anniversary RAK!! TFS.
Sumrbrez Offline
#73 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:04:46 AM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Was thanked: 262 time(s) in 244 post(s)
Congrats Patricia!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!! I'll enter BigGrin
Godot's Girl Offline
#74 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:08:44 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Thank you all. I will get you on the list! GG

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:56:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jooniper Offline
#75 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:36:35 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Enter me in please!!

What is your favorite scripture?
kermieluvr Offline
#76 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:03:41 AM(UTC)
kermieluvr

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Happy 1 Year Anniversary!! It's amazing how quickly the time flies by these days.

Congrats and thanks for the chance to win such an awesome goodie box. :)
Scrapbooksue Offline
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:23:29 AM(UTC)
Scrapbooksue

Was thanked: 344 time(s) in 251 post(s)
I would like to be signed up to win your gieaway! You are such a special person!

My question: Do you have other crafts that you like doing other than paper crafts? If so, what are these crafts?
Godot's Girl Offline
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:44:59 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Jooniper......I Cor. 4-8. I love many verses, and have written them all in my heart, but this one is truly how I try to live my life...being the love that is described in those verses.

ScrapbookSue.....thank you, how sweet of you to say that. Yes, I do other crafts. Painting is my first and forever love. My Grammy Ginia (could not say Virginia when I was little) taught me. I also enjoy crocheting, knitting, sewing, quilting, refinishing furniture, and just crafts in general. I will try just about anything!

Thanks to all who have entered so far. I have been choosing items for the box, and I hope whomever wins it will be delighted. Blessings, GG.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:45:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Godot's Girl Offline
#79 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:53:34 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Happy Valentine's Day!!! There are still 10 days to sign up for my Giveaway! GG
Cottage Rose Offline
#80 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:12:30 AM(UTC)
Cottage Rose

Was thanked: 229 time(s) in 152 post(s)
Happy Anniversary!!

My question...do you have a big, fancy craft room where you crank out all your cuteness, or where do you craft? I'm trying to gather up ideas for my upcoming craft room remodel!

Have a wonderful day!
Godot's Girl Offline
#81 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:52:03 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Cottage Rose......Thanks for entering! No, I do not have my own room In which to craft. I have a family of book readers, and a few years ago we turned our living room into a library/homework room. The walls are lined with bookshelves, and there is a nice sized old dining room table in the center of the room. It is not a large room, but it suffices for what we need. This is the room I craft in now. I have most of my paper crafting supplies stored on the shelves amongst all the books. The remainder of those supplies, plus my other craft items are stored in our basement and other nooks and crannies around our house. Our library is the first room you see when you walk through the front door, and it has no doors, so I cannot just leave my projects out. Plus, my boys do their homework and school projects there, and DH occasionally uses the table for a project as well. So, I am constantly having to clean up my projects , put everything away, then get it all back out when I have time to craft again. Sometimes I spend more time getting things out and putting them away than actually crafting..LOL ! However, at least I do have a space, even if I have to share.

We are in the process of finishing our basement ourselves, and will be moving some of the library down there. I will have a nice area to store my craft supplies in, but will still be using the room upstairs to actually craft. I just cannot give up the wonderful natural light it gets almost all day long. The boys will have an area in the basement to do their thing in, so I will have the room upstairs mostly to myself! Exciting! GG
Godot's Girl Offline
#82 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:41:43 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

BigGrin
lauraa Offline
#83 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:45:35 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I feel like I'm really getting to know you here! It's so fun and interesting!

I've gotta help you get to that 3000!

Have a great day!
Laura
Godot's Girl Offline
#84 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:40:30 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Thanks Laura. I hope I am not over sharing, I did say I would answer the questions though. I am having fun with it. BigGrin GG
ottergirl Offline
#85 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 11:48:37 AM(UTC)
ottergirl

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 142 post(s)

Yes indeedy, I would like to sign up for your anniversary prize. My question was: what is your location "too far from the farm" mean, but then I read the last reply where you said that you like being on a family farm so I guess that answers that. So my new question is: you have 3 boys, I have 3 girls, do you think there is much difference between raising boys vs girls? Flapper Laugh
Godot's Girl Offline
#86 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 1:32:54 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

ottergirl.....you are right about "too far from the farm". My DH and I both grew up on farms...he on his parents, and I spent much time on both grandparents' farms. We want to build a house on his parents' farm for our golden years. And, though we love our home, we still feel just slightly out of place living in the suburbs.

Now for your second question, and all please remember this is my OPINION based on my EXPERIENCE, and is certainly not meant to apply to everyone in all of time. Now the fine print out of the way, YES indeedy I do think there is a difference in raising boys and girls. My oldest sister has 2 girls, my younger, 1, and my SIL has 1 boy and 1 girl. I, of course, and thank the good Lord, have 3 boys. I have also provided childcare in one form or another since before my own guys were born, worked in a day care center, and been a substitute teacher for grades K - 12 for 11 years, so I think I have a good handle on what it is like to raise both boys and girls. I have always been a tom boy. My closest friends in school were guys, and I have always felt more comfortable around the Y chromosomes than those of my own sex. That is why I said "thank the good Lord." I am not sure I would have known what to do with a girl, and you will see why after I finish my answer.

When they are little, boys take much more energy than girls do. Mine were constantly on the move, even before they could walk. They wiggled and giggled and rolled and wormed and scrunched wherever and whenever they could. Once they were crawling than walking, I had escape artists. Baby gates were useless...they would hook their little toes in the holes, and over the gate they would climb. Or, in my middle son Collin's case, just throw themselves against the gate until it fell over or broke or both. There was a lot of running and giggling and trying to reach the summit of Stair Mountain.

And my nieces? Sitting in the middle of all the chaos playing with the same doll they had been playing with for the last 10 minutes, and just now needing a little attention! Now I may be exaggerating a bit, but this really is the way it was most days in my tiny little apartment.

As the kids got older, when they could talk and carry on a conversation, and voice their opinions, things started to change a little. The boys still were rambunctious, but with the ability to explain what they needed or share what they were playing, they were not needlessly destructive. The girls started to care about how they looked and what they were wearing, and who was friends with whom. Aunt Patty had to learn to braid hair, and be more careful how she said things and the words she used. I could not talk about how much I loved their chubby little cheeks. Or the freckle on the tip of a nose. I would upset the chubby cheeked little girl because I was calling her fat, and the freckle could be a birthmark that may mean she was horribly disfigured...LOL Oh, and do not get me started on the arguments, or if I had to punish someone. The guys were over it in five minutes, and off to be Bond, James Bond. The girls, OOH MAN, the girls would be upset with Aunt Patty for the rest of the day. I had hurt her feelings, and had made her feel bad.. If I was lucky, I would be forgiven by the next time I saw herLOL !

Now that everyone is a teenager or almost a teen, I think the girls are definitely more challenging. Peer pressure is the number one reason for that, OR perhaps I should say SOCIETAL pressure. Girls have to look a certain way, act a certain way, talk a certain way, etc. And, though peer pressure has gotten more intense for boys over the past decade, it is still exponentially worse for girls. This post is getting long, so I will not go into all the reasons here, especially since many of them are just obvious.

So, yes, I think there is one major difference. I think boys are PHYSICALLY more difficult to raise, while girls are EMOTIONALLY more difficult. Now, I am not saying that a girl cannot physically be challenging, or a boy, emotionally. I just mean, in general, that boys take more physical energy, especially when young; girls take more emotional energy, especially when older. I do not necessarily think one is harder to raise than the other, just that they are, different. Those differences should be celebrated and prepared for, no matter which sex or how many with which you are blessed. Look to God for support and advice. Blessings, GG.

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 3:38:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Godot's Girl Offline
#87 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:30:16 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

BigGrin
CraftyMichelle Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:55:23 PM(UTC)
CraftyMichelle

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I would love to enter and my question is.... Are you going to buy yourself something special for your anniversary?
Godot's Girl Offline
#89 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:30:20 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

CraftyMichelle......thanks for entering my Giveaway! I hadn't thought of buying myself anything....ooohhhh, good ideaLOL LOL LOL . After all, how does one celebrate an anniversary? At least that is the excuse I will give DH!Laugh Laugh Laugh No, but really, I just wanted to celebrate with all of you. GG
melodylanedesigns Offline
#90 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:54:08 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1924 time(s) in 944 post(s)
You are awesome for even knowing the date. And more Awsome for doing a giveaway! thanks for the chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 2/17/2013(UTC)