Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

crafteechic Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:21:46 AM(UTC)
crafteechic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I rarely get on message boards because there is way too much negativity. I had a few spare minutes today, so I decided to checkout a few boards. I was quickly reminded of why I don't like message boards......I don't deal well with negativity. So I thought I'd create a discussion that's far different than most I've read. I really enjoy using the craft room. It is very easy to use. I can maneuver through it with ease. I find the only time I have a problem is when I'm rushing and trying to do too many things at once (which usually means using more than one machine). When that happens, either the machine will stop cutting and the power light blinks red, or it pauses while cutting. The other problem is that it sometimes takes too long to load, but technology will do that I don't care how much you paid and how good it runs.
My hubby bought me a mini......and the 2 go hand in hand. What I did discover is that you do need to sit and watch it while it's cutting (don't ask me why). lol
So ladies, have fun. I am.
Relax, relate, release........and keep cutting. BigGrin
 1 user thanked crafteechic for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/15/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:06:47 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Craftee.

Well count me in as a CCR lover. I loved it on my old laptop. Even more than my Gypsy, because I have 62 year old eye. Then my laptop died and I got a new windows 7. I downloaded CCR, and followed all the advice and suggestions about the "exceptions" to my antivirus and it installed without any problems. Then I installed Cricut Sync ( thank you Narelle) and that too went fine.

I hooked my Gypsy up and it's all good.

I've always loved CCR and never had a problem with it working. It's just so much easier to manipulate designs on a big screen.

If I had one complaint, it would be that I wish PC could adapt their programs to an Android tablet. A nice little 10 inch tablet would fit much better on a crowded craft table.

But otherwise, I'm happy too with CCR.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/15/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:31:49 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
I'm a CCR lover.

Although my CCR glass is more like 9/10 full.

The 1/10 part for me is the slowness whenever anything you work with is welded.
Having to always be online to use it.
Also that it doesn't work well for everyone.

But in the 9/10 full column I have:
*the welding feature
*the hide conture feature
*the multi-mats with (or without) color
*being able to do as many or as few cuts as I want while knowing almost exactly where my machine will cut
*saving lots of paper by being able to move my cuts around the mat so they are closer together
*being able to manipulate your cut so it will work for the project you are working on (size, slant. etc)
*being able to take existing cuts and use them to create your own designs (welding them, etc). All you need is your imagination AND to own the cuts in a physical or digital cartridge.

I'm sure there is more but you get the idea.

Happy CCR user
D-