Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

trsc7ef0199 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 12:05:14 AM(UTC)
trsc7ef0199

Groups: Registered

I am using windows 8 computer and am running CCr in compatibility mode. I went to cut my project and am unable to because the usb device is not recognized by my computer. I did update the firmware on my expression 2 when I first got it in November does anyone know if this is a windows 8 issue, or how to fix. My computer was updated from windows 7 to 8 about two weeks ago this is the first project ive tried to cut from CCR
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:41:50 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8269 time(s) in 4871 post(s)
You could try right click on your CCR Icon on your desktop and click on the PROPERTIES at the bottom. Once there, click on the Compatability tab. There you should see a window that allows you to put a checkmark in RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBIITY MODE FOR and use the dropdown to choose WINDOWS 7. Be sure to click on APPLY before you say OK at the bottom of that screen.

HTH.

Char
 2 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/8/2013(UTC), trsc7ef0199 on 2/8/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:47:43 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
You could try right click on your CCR Icon on your desktop and click on the PROPERTIES at the bottom. Once there, click on the Compatability tab. There you should see a window that allows you to put a checkmark in RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBIITY MODE FOR and use the dropdown to choose WINDOWS 7. Be sure to click on APPLY before you say OK at the bottom of that screen.

HTH.

Char

Thanks for this.
I'll have to remember this for the future.
My CCR is working great right now. (Knock wood, fingers crossed, you get the idea)
D-
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/8/2013(UTC)
trsc7ef0199 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 2:46:31 PM(UTC)
trsc7ef0199

Thank you for your response. I'm still frustrated the program runs in compatibility mode but won't cut my project. I ran a sych also in compatibility mode, there is no firmware update...any other ideas. I was thinking maybe uninstall and re-install the software....
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:16:08 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: trsc7ef0199 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your response. I'm still frustrated the program runs in compatibility mode but won't cut my project. I ran a sych also in compatibility mode, there is no firmware update...any other ideas. I was thinking maybe uninstall and re-install the software....

If applicable, did you install the drivers for your CRICUT machine? In CCR, go to HELP (if you haven't installed them) and see if the machine you're using is listed there.

Also, it might be worth it to go to Walmart (make sure you get a cable exactly like the one you're trying to use or have used in the past) and buy a new cable. I don't think they cost all that much. Maybe your cable just is not working properly? Is the one you're using plugged in at both ends securely?

Char

Edited by user Friday, February 08, 2013 4:18:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

crafteechic Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:43:09 AM(UTC)
crafteechic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I had this same issue trying to use my gypsy. The problem is that the port that connects the machine to the gyspy/computer for CCR kinda just wears out (especially depending on how long you've had your machines). I had both of mine for 6 years and that was back when going digital was not even in the picture (or at least I didn't know about it.) I checked all the compatibility modes and everything then I finally called PC (first time ever). That's how I found out that I am not alone with the raggedy port issue. So I ended up buying a mini and now everything works fine.

CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:25:56 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Where are you going to see that it is in COMPATABILITY mode.

There are two ways and they should both be addressed:

Go up to TOOLS when you're on the internet and choose COMPATABILITY VIEW or COMPATABILITY VIEW SETTINGS. Make sure you ADD cricut.com to the settings. I also have YAHOO (who is my internet provider...and, I just realized maybe I need to add AT&T in there, too, since they are tied in with YAHOO....mostly because of the picture issues where a lot of us can't see all the pictures)!

The other way is the one I discussed in an earlier post on this thread...using the CCR Icon.

Char