Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KelleyRooks Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:24:56 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)

I am making a list of guidelines and rules to be applied to each of my swaps. Other hostess may use this list as well. I certainly don’t mind sharing. I am just going to refer to this list from now on rather including in my opening post.

I absolutely love swaps. It is an opportunity to share creative ideas, learn from others, try new things, make new friends, and the list goes on. It is what we make of it. How we can make it successful is by being a courteous swap participant.

Before You Sign Up for the Swap:

1. Make sure your MQ is completed and up to date. This will help your partner create the best swap possible for you. The coordinates for your post should be listed under your avatar under location.

2. When you sign up for the swap – read through the entire opening post. Please make sure that you can in good faith meet the terms of the swap.

Signing up for the swap:

3. In addition to adding that you would like to join, answer all questions if there are any listed. Give your partner several options. My swaps are low cost/no cost. Not everyone has the same stash. This will give your partner the opportunity to make you something that you will like without them having to go buy more supplies.

4. If you are currently on the flakers list, flaked in the last 6 months (but just not added), or have been in the last 6 months it is your responsibility to pm the hostess and let them be aware of the facts. You may still be allowed to join, but the hostess may use that information in consideration when assigning you partners.

When Partners Are Assigned:
5. It is your responsibility to contact your partner and exchange information. Please give them your address and some alternate form of contact. It can be a phone number, email address, Facebook account, etc. This will alleviate any issues if a partner cannot get onto the board.

TIP: If you archive that pm it will be moved to the archive folder. This will prevent accidental deletion when cleaning out your inbox. THE HOSTESS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING ADDRESSES TO YOU OR TRACKING THEM DOWN UNLESS IT IS A SECRET SISTER SWAP.

6. Do discuss any other preferences with your partner. Not only by getting to know them better will make it easier to create, but you can make a new friend in the process.

Making of the Swap Items:

7. Make Sure that you follow swap guidelines – ie. If it says make your partner 6 – don’t make them 2 and call it good.

8. Use good quality materials.

9. Take your partner’s preferences into consideration when making.

10. Take the time to do the extra details – add inking to the edges, etc. Be proud of what you make.

During the course of the swap:

11. Check in at least once weekly – even if it is a JCI. Chatting makes for a more fun swap. I do post QOD’s sometimes just to keep the conversation rolling. Anyone can post questions or discussions to the group. You can post funny things as well. Keep everything on a drama free note. DRAMA is not permitted on the board. Kindess and respect is mandatory.

12. In the event you are not able to check in for a week – let the hostess know in advance.
Here is my breakdown on that –
1. 1 Missed Check-In (unless known) a message will be posted for you to check in on the thread.
2. 2 Missed Check-Ins you will automatically be removed from the swap – that is 14 days from the date of the last check in. It is not my responsibility to chase you down by pm or let you know that you have to sign in.

13. Routinely clean out your PM box so if your partner or the hostess does try to contact you, the message can actually go through.

Mailing Swap:
14. If you are new to my group, this is your first partner swap, or you have less than 200 posts you will need to mail first.
15. All DC#’s (unless it is a SS swap) need to be posted to the main thread – not to me as a pm please.
16. If you know you are going to have to mail late – contact your partner and make a new agreed upon mailing date. PM me with new date so I will not mark you as a flaker. COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY.

Receipt: (I will be cracking down on this as it does go with the whole courteous swapper theme. If you do not follow these, it could prevent addition to future rounds).

17. When you receive your item. Please acknowledge on the board. Although the next part is not required, I believe that is important. Send your partner a Thank You pm. They put hard work, time, effort, materials, etc into the swap. Let them know what you really like about it. I know
when I receive those, it makes me feel good.

18. PICTURES: Posting pictures is a requirement. If you do not have the ability to post pictures, let your partner know in advance so they can post for you. Although it is not their responsibility, sometimes it cannot be avoided. Please post within 2 days of receipt of your item.
A good practice is to take pictures of items before you ship. This way if something happens you can always show your completed item.
19. Lastly as pictures are being posted – comment on them when you can. Find something about the item you like and comment on that. Specifics are great.

NOTE: I will report late senders and flakers. Here is the guidelines on that:
1. If you have not posted a dc# that can be verified within 1 week of the due date (IT HAS TO SHOW AN ACCEPTED BY THE PO – this prevents someone from just printing a label and posting the dc# without actually mailing).
2. I understand things happen so if you communicate with both your partner and the hostess IN ADVANCE and alternate agreement can be made– then you will not be reported as a flaker.
 2 users thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
Heart2hand on 1/31/2013(UTC), JeanP on 2/7/2013(UTC)
DeniseKenna Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:44:48 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Kelly,
These are really great! Thanks for postingLaugh
 1 user thanked DeniseKenna for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 1/31/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:43:56 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

btt
Scrap2Do Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:58:13 AM(UTC)
Scrap2Do

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 57 post(s)
btt
scrappydew Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 7:50:33 AM(UTC)
scrappydew

United States

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
BTT
KelleyRooks Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 2:35:57 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

BTT
KelleyRooks Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 1:11:41 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Btt
KelleyRooks Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 11:24:33 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

btt for round 7