Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:47:42 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
I don't think PC is trying to help us with this picture problem. I can't be certain, but I think the problems are in the ATTACH FILES TO THIS POST way of posting. They either don't know how to fix their own problem (this is the only place I go on the internet and can't see pictures and I have NO problem in my emails)! You can't even see the pictures anymore when you do post them to try to ENLARGE them. You can't see the picture in the main post and when you ENLARGE, they are smaller and/or that frame won't open up at all!!!

If you are posting and your pictures are still showing up, WHAT SITE ARE YOU USING AND/OR HOW ARE YOU POSTING YOUR PICTURES? Please be descriptive. Some of us are ready to try something else.

I hope some of you are willing to help the rest of us out!!

Char

CraftyOldBat Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:54:26 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 348 post(s)
The only way I can post them is by using Internet Explorer (I usually use FireFox) and upload them to Photobucket first. I do all the editing on Pb then mouse over the photo and click on the the settings icon (gear in upper right corner) choose get links and click on the bottom one (IMG). That copies it and then I come here and paste it into my post. It's a bit of a pain but nothing else has worked for me.
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/15/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:55:12 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2354 time(s) in 1265 post(s)
I am assuming you mean how are we putting the pictures in the text of messages rather than uploading and attaching the files?

First, your picture needs to have a unique URL or address and you need to copy this address. The easiest way is to have published your picture to a blog where each image is given its own address. Second, decide where in the post you want your picture. Click on the button above your post that looks like mountains with the sun above them. Paste your picture's address. Give it a description if you like. It should display in your post.Squirrel Valentine
 2 users thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/15/2013(UTC), garagesaler on 2/15/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:57:03 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
The only way I can post them is by using Internet Explorer (I usually use FireFox) and upload them to Photobucket first. I do all the editing on Pb then mouse over the photo and click on the the settings icon (gear in upper right corner) choose get links and click on the bottom one (IMG). That copies it and then I come here and paste it into my post. It's a bit of a pain but nothing else has worked for me.

If you don't have a blog, a photo sharing site like this is another way to get an address for you picture so you can include the link.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
jscraftylady Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:58:40 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I don't think PC is trying to help us with this picture problem. I can't be certain, but I think the problems are in the ATTACH FILES TO THIS POST way of posting. They either don't know how to fix their own problem (this is the only place I go on the internet and can't see pictures and I have NO problem in my emails)! You can't even see the pictures anymore when you do post them to try to ENLARGE them. You can't see the picture in the main post and when you ENLARGE, they are smaller and/or that frame won't open up at all!!!

If you are posting and your pictures are still showing up, WHAT SITE ARE YOU USING AND/OR HOW ARE YOU POSTING YOUR PICTURES? Please be descriptive. Some of us are ready to try something else.

Char

I was wondering if they aren't fixing this problem because the do not want to store all these pictures anymore. The attach files required you to upload your picture to their site and perhaps they just don't want to handle all this data anymore.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:05:11 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
I was wondering if they aren't fixing this problem because the do not want to store all these pictures anymore. The attach files required you to upload your picture to their site and perhaps they just don't want to handle all this data anymore.

AND, I would TOTALLY understand that. BUT, isn't it just a little unfair that they don't come on and TELL us that? I mean, it seems so simple.

Thanks for your information above....and the others who have commented.

Any other ways some of you post? I don't have a BLOG....I'm not that good to do that, but I can see that would be a good way to do it, too.

Maybe they're trying to get more of us using the PROJECT gallery, too. I personally don't care for how they're doing those, either. AND, everyone posts their projects in more than one place on here and I don't like opening the same pictures more than once. I mean, that's not so bad....I've done that a few times, too, just to get a little feedback. BUT, I don't like opening the same project twice and usually can't remember from the TOPIC if I've opened them once before. I know this is such a little thing to mention; probably shouldn't have.

Char

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 8:09:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:17:51 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2658 time(s) in 1410 post(s)
I use the Photobucket way also, I like the way the picture come out better that way. It is not that bad to do, plus I think people can see the details of your project better that way.

Do you think maybe all these problems with the MB is PC trying to force everyone over to Facebook??? Just a thought that flashed through my mind. I sure hope not, can't understand why there IT department can not get this MB in a stable workable condition.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Maxluv Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:19:34 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 382 post(s)
I see others pictures just fine...let me see if i can post one to this thread. If the pictures shows up i used the attach to post. Oh i'm using Google Chrome.

Ok tried thru attach to post and got error message about path not found or something like that. Now i will try from my blog.

LOL ok that didnt work either,lol

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 8:24:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Maxluv for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:56:25 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 2044 time(s) in 993 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

Char

Char-

First, I want to say if this is the only site you visit on the net for crafting you are missing out on 99.99% of what the crafting world has to offer; and, you are getting a very narrow picture of PC and Cricut created projects, user inspirations, concerns and problems......... Very few crafters will post here because of PC's policies; and, you are missing out on a world of fantastic creations!

That being said, I have no problem posting from my blog or uploading from my computer any picture as long as i take the time to resize the photo if I am uploading from my computer........why the extra step in resizing??? Because i dont want people to have to go to the trouble of downloading a file when its easier for people to just view the photo in a post if it's been resized. I am having no trouble viewing pics here 90% of the time. I have tried 5 browsers; and, I have had success with all 5, and a few intermittent errors due to paths in the MB software being configured incorrectly. I have a Mac, PC, IPad, and Android phone....... it is not an issue with my software.......the error is on the server side.

The problem that currently exists is on PC's side....... and it's obvious they can't/won't/don't care to fix it....... My suggestion is that you begin to see what the rest of the crafting word is doing out there....... You will be amazed at all the beautiful creations you have been missing. The 2 sites i posted yesterday, 2Peas and SCS are both secure (if that's what you are worried about) and both have stellar galleries that 1000s of crafters have visited daily for years!

I really think you are beating a dead horse....... Major problems haven't been addressed; and, have gone unsolved for years! Why sweat the small stuff when there are so many other places to see truly inspiring creations?

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 9:01:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: to add computer systems tried

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 9:15:18 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1316 time(s) in 1023 post(s)
The only was I could post a photo was writing the message then on top click add attactment.

In the past I would go to the bottom of the post and click on add attachment

what I did I put the photo in my Documents then right clicked on it and sent it to the Paint folder and resized the photo to 350x250

Then uploaded it Abigail at 9 months old

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 9:29:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Abigail 9 months.JPG
 2 users thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
garagesaler on 2/15/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/15/2013(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 9:23:17 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 806 post(s)
trying now!!!
Nope, that didn't work. Can't post using "attach files"

Strange because I did it yesterday on another threadBlushing

Some days, I can't view pictures eitherConfused

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 9:27:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
BarbPoll Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:31:53 PM(UTC)
BarbPoll

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 2169 time(s) in 706 post(s)
The whole picture thing is just hit or miss for me! Glare

Sometimes I can post them & see them ... other times post & not see them but others do ... Post them & see them one day but can't see them the next!

I'm tired of having to switch browsers too. Have tried posting from photo sharing site which worked one day but not the next.

Like I said no definite answer - just hit or miss! Cursing
 1 user thanked BarbPoll for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:50:39 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
It is really the luck of the draw so to speak.

Sometimes you log in and they are there.
Sometimes you log in and they are not.

I found that if I can not see the attachment pics of others then I will not be able to attach my own at that time.

If I want to post a pic I close my browser and try again and again and again and again.
You get the idea...
One time it took 6 tries and another it took 4 and then sometimes I just gave up.

I sent an email on this issue to both support@cricut.com and support@provocraft.com late last night.
I know others have called (Can't call because I'm on day 10 of having no voice)

D-

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
sincitychix Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 4:29:26 PM(UTC)
sincitychix

Was thanked: 472 time(s) in 213 post(s)
I have a new computer with Windows 8 and I am using Google Chrome. I added photos from my blog via the insert image icon.

Toucan Thank You

You can also add them this way from Pinterest like the Toucan card above or from Facebook see photo below.

Hula Ya Luv Vintage Valentine

These are both reposts.

Hope this helps you ladies & gents!
 2 users thanked sincitychix for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/15/2013(UTC), garagesaler on 2/17/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 4:59:23 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: Dragonfly50 Go to Quoted Post
It is really the luck of the draw so to speak.

Sometimes you log in and they are there.
Sometimes you log in and they are not.

I found that if I can not see the attachment pics of others then I will not be able to attach my own at that time.

If I want to post a pic I close my browser and try again and again and again and again.
You get the idea...
One time it took 6 tries and another it took 4 and then sometimes I just gave up.

I sent an email on this issue to both support@cricut.com and support@provocraft.com late last night.
I know others have called (Can't call because I'm on day 10 of having no voice)

D-

Yep, I noticed this, too. So far though I have always been able to insert images hosted on my blog using the insert image button.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:37:52 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 2044 time(s) in 993 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Yep, I noticed this, too. So far though I have always been able to insert images hosted on my blog using the insert image button.

I wonder if PC no longer wants to be financially responsible for hosting posted jpegs?? Can't say i blame the company. Many of the jpegs posted were 10x larger then they needed to be for net viewing..... Many people didn't take the time to resize them in the interest of saving bandwidth and server storage. Linking from a blog or photo storage site puts the financial burden of storage and bandwidth on the blog and/or photo storage site.

With so few people visiting the MB, it's very understandable....... Only PC knows how much traffic the Project Center gets...... Perhaps that's the plan? Really doesn't bother me..... I like the galleries, structure and the organization at SCS and 2Peas much better then the forums here for viewing!

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 5:39:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling errors :-)

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/16/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:56:40 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if PC no longer wants to be financially responsible for hosting posted jpegs?? Can't say i blame the company. Many of the jpegs posted were 10x larger then they needed to be for net viewing..... Many people didn't take the time to resize them in the interest of saving bandwidth and server storage. Linking from a blog or photo storage site puts the financial burden of storage and bandwidth on the blog and/or photo storage site.

With so few people visiting the MB, it's very understandable....... Only PC knows how much traffic the Project Center gets...... Perhaps that's the plan? Really doesn't bother me..... I like the galleries, structure and the organization at SCS and 2Peas much better then the forums here for viewing!

What is their point to not let us know they want to change this? I really think they are once again "shooting themselves in the foot" to not be open and let us know what they want from us. That's all I want....just be up front so I know whether I want to change how I like to attach my pics to an outside host. They haven't told us. Supposed I do go to Photobucket; then, PC makes their changes and FIXES something they intend to keep? We have no way of knowing.

I know, I've made a big thing of it. I'm toning it down.

I went to the other two sites you suggested today. BUT, I much prefer to come here. I don't really want to go a lot of other places. I JUST WANT OUR OLD MB BACK THAT I STARTED ON HERE IN 2008! LOL. I loved it; and, it seems there has been a multitude of problems since they changed over to the servers when the CIRCLE began and the old MB moved here, too.

As I've said before; I'm kind of old-fashioned. I had to deal with change everyday in the workplace during my working career.....it kind of bugged me then, too. You just get on to something and everything gets changed. I LOVE CONSISTENCY. I WOULD LOVE IF PC WOULD SHARE WITH US IF THEY WANT TO GO ANOTHER ROUTE ON POSTING PICS. I would respect that. I don't respect it if that's what they are doing and they do all this pussy-footing around to get it accomplished. Just tell us what's going on.

Char
CraftyMichelle Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:27:34 AM(UTC)
CraftyMichelle

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I use Tiny Pic to upload photos but i have not tried it on here yet...this is the first photo, i made this for my father in law.

2 users thanked CraftyMichelle for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/16/2013(UTC), garagesaler on 2/17/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:34:41 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: BelieveMeImCrafty Go to Quoted Post
I use Tiny Pic to upload photos but i have not tried it on here yet...this is the first photo, i made this for my father in law.

Thanks for the input! Nice project, too! - Char
BJR Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:18:20 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I can see some but not others. BJR.